HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Boston Bruins
Notices

Official Sports Radio/Television Thread Part IX-

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
03-08-2013, 02:41 PM
  #51
TP
Mod Supervisor
Here We Go Bruins!
 
TP's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: 7th Circle of Hell
Country: United States
Posts: 20,583
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kate08 View Post
Your first mistake is wearing a bluetooth headset.

I've had the same issues with the app in areas that cell reception isn't the best, specifically my office. It's infuriating, but one day I magically got big girl internet access at work and now am able to stream on my computer from the site.
I only use it when I am out shoveling and the phone is about 10 inches away in my jacket. Doesn't make any sense that it would happen. I can listen to music with no problem.

TP is offline  
Old
03-08-2013, 02:47 PM
  #52
Kate08
HFBoards Sponsor
 
Kate08's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Medford MA
Country: United States
Posts: 16,476
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by TP View Post
I only use it when I am out shoveling and the phone is about 10 inches away in my jacket. Doesn't make any sense that it would happen. I can listen to music with no problem.
I meant more the fashion faux pas Although I shouldn't really talk, when I shovel I put my phone in a Ziploc bag in my pocket.

Want to come to my house and dig out my car when you're done?

Kate08 is offline  
Old
03-08-2013, 02:51 PM
  #53
reidy
@reidjjackson
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Charlestown, MA
Country: United States
Posts: 5,441
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to reidy
I've had a lot of issues with the Radio.com iPhone app when trying to listen to the Sports Hub. Not sure if that's the same app or not...

On my PC at work I just use iTunes. No issues there.

reidy is online now  
Old
03-08-2013, 03:01 PM
  #54
Kate08
HFBoards Sponsor
 
Kate08's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Medford MA
Country: United States
Posts: 16,476
vCash: 500
Did anyone hear the Billy Lanni thing that twitter is all in a tizzy about?

Kate08 is offline  
Old
03-08-2013, 03:19 PM
  #55
Son of Marshmont
Moose Replacement
 
Son of Marshmont's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: West Meff
Country: United States
Posts: 7,548
vCash: 197
I've used the yahoo music app to stream 98.5 for a few years now and it's never let me down.

Son of Marshmont is offline  
Old
03-08-2013, 03:22 PM
  #56
TP
Mod Supervisor
Here We Go Bruins!
 
TP's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: 7th Circle of Hell
Country: United States
Posts: 20,583
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marshmont Flavor View Post
I've used the yahoo music app to stream 98.5 for a few years now and it's never let me down.

I'll try that. Thanks

TP is offline  
Old
03-08-2013, 03:38 PM
  #57
Shaun
Registered User
 
Shaun's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Country: Italy
Posts: 20,644
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kate08 View Post
Did anyone hear the Billy Lanni thing that twitter is all in a tizzy about?
Yea it was actually pretty funny. He seems like a good dude.

Shaun is offline  
Old
03-08-2013, 03:40 PM
  #58
Kate08
HFBoards Sponsor
 
Kate08's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Medford MA
Country: United States
Posts: 16,476
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shaun View Post
Yea it was actually pretty funny. He seems like a good dude.
He is. He's exactly as he seems on the radio in person...he's hilarious.

Kate08 is offline  
Old
03-08-2013, 05:10 PM
  #59
DKH
Registered User
 
DKH's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Posts: 25,930
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to DKH
I stood out in my driv way looked at all the snow and the only word that could come to me was ****. However, flipped on Felger and Mazz (and Gasper who is overall pretty rationale and gets it) and it was hilarious, I pretty much did the entire driveway listening to the show and nearly peed my pants listening to the Mike from Attelboro. This guy has to do comedy- I have friends who are and he's as funny as anyone It was epic

I have a bunch of friends who are letter carriers and Frank the Tank also was classic; Billy Lanni stuff on what is on his iphone should he croak was a riot.

Felger and Mazz were killing Soderberg and Gasper was quick to point out this reminded him of their Marchand early pre legend days,

good stuff

DKH is offline  
Old
03-08-2013, 05:22 PM
  #60
11MilesPerJohan
@BeingAHumanBean
 
11MilesPerJohan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: McLean Hospital
Country: United States
Posts: 2,026
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by DKH View Post

Felger and Mazz were killing Soderberg and Gasper was quick to point out this reminded him of their Marchand early pre legend days,

good stuff
I didn't listen today...what did they say about Soderberg?

11MilesPerJohan is offline  
Old
03-08-2013, 05:23 PM
  #61
Shaun
Registered User
 
Shaun's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Country: Italy
Posts: 20,644
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by gg4167 View Post
I didn't listen today...what did they say about Soderberg?
Pretty much they just **** on him.

Shaun is offline  
Old
03-08-2013, 05:25 PM
  #62
11MilesPerJohan
@BeingAHumanBean
 
11MilesPerJohan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: McLean Hospital
Country: United States
Posts: 2,026
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shaun View Post
Pretty much they just **** on him.
Well, that seems ridiculous, considering they don't know him from Adam.

11MilesPerJohan is offline  
Old
03-08-2013, 05:37 PM
  #63
Son of Marshmont
Moose Replacement
 
Son of Marshmont's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: West Meff
Country: United States
Posts: 7,548
vCash: 197
Quote:
Originally Posted by gg4167 View Post
Well, that seems ridiculous, considering they don't know him from Adam.
You are familiar with Michael Felger, no?

Son of Marshmont is offline  
Old
03-08-2013, 05:40 PM
  #64
11MilesPerJohan
@BeingAHumanBean
 
11MilesPerJohan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: McLean Hospital
Country: United States
Posts: 2,026
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marshmont Flavor View Post
You are familiar with Michael Felger, no?
Fair enough.

11MilesPerJohan is offline  
Old
03-10-2013, 06:51 PM
  #65
Randomtask68
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Burlington, MA
Country: United States
Posts: 302
vCash: 500
Does anyone know the name of the song that is on Gresh and Zo right when the show is ending?

Randomtask68 is offline  
Old
03-10-2013, 07:32 PM
  #66
Hnidy Hnight
Registered User
 
Hnidy Hnight's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: North of Boston, MA
Country: United States
Posts: 4,748
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Randomtask68 View Post
Does anyone know the name of the song that is on Gresh and Zo right when the show is ending?
the who - eminence front

Hnidy Hnight is online now  
Old
03-10-2013, 11:52 PM
  #67
Randomtask68
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Burlington, MA
Country: United States
Posts: 302
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hnidy Hnight View Post
the who - eminence front
Thinking of a different song, crud

Randomtask68 is offline  
Old
03-11-2013, 12:25 AM
  #68
Randomtask68
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Burlington, MA
Country: United States
Posts: 302
vCash: 500
It was Midnight City by M83, can sleep easy tonight

Randomtask68 is offline  
Old
03-11-2013, 04:03 PM
  #69
FTOREKBENCHTOSS
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Posts: 479
vCash: 500
is it me or does it seem like the Sports Hub is spiraling down the *******. I am serious when it first launched was it just novelty of having a different sports talk station to listen to that got it through?
For the love of god someone please point me to a radio station that has bearable sports talk.

I still love toucher and rich, i know some people dont like it because of the humor and irrelevant topics they bring in some times. I have even heard people saying there not serious enough when discussing sports, which i dont understand since you know its sports and it really shouldn't be taken to seriously to begin with. Love it or hate it a least its different and better then those petrified dinosaur turds on the other station. Gerry just sounds like a spiteful guy that got pants to much in High School.

Gresh and Zo are unbearable to me as well. It just seems like they saw everything that people hated about Ordway and his herd and decided to add it to the show with a touch of forced humor that comes off embarrassing. I am pretty sure everytime Gresh works up the strength to push breath in his lungs past all the arterial blockage and mutter something resembling words, a puppy somewhere is murdered with a bag of kittens.

I used to love Felger and Mazz but there getting up intolerable, when they first began it was great because they were mellow and seemed like they were just shooting the **** with callers. However now the arrogance is ten fold and its like they became self aware of there success and use it to bolster there egos. Its one thing to play Devil's advocate for interesting radio, but christ have some more points on the other side then some sound bites and one time incidences. I swear its like Felger tries to play it straight and with facts but as soon as he senses he is treading water in terms of an argument he begins throwing out snide remarks to cover his tracks. I honestly think he is better suited for hourly segments, he is really good in short burst when he wants to be. I also wish he would stop acting like he is some kind of hero when it came to bringing hockey back to Boston, they dude acts like he is moses and parted Boston Harbor to bring all the Bruins fans back from there holes.

Mazz is great when he is ripping on the socks, i just wish he would step outta felgers shadow sometime and actually bring something to the table.


sorry for the long winded rant, its just been brewing for a while and needed to get out.

FTOREKBENCHTOSS is offline  
Old
03-12-2013, 12:32 PM
  #70
Shaun
Registered User
 
Shaun's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Country: Italy
Posts: 20,644
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by FTOREKBENCHTOSS View Post
is it me or does it seem like the Sports Hub is spiraling down the *******. I am serious when it first launched was it just novelty of having a different sports talk station to listen to that got it through?
For the love of god someone please point me to a radio station that has bearable sports talk.

I still love toucher and rich, i know some people dont like it because of the humor and irrelevant topics they bring in some times. I have even heard people saying there not serious enough when discussing sports, which i dont understand since you know its sports and it really shouldn't be taken to seriously to begin with. Love it or hate it a least its different and better then those petrified dinosaur turds on the other station. Gerry just sounds like a spiteful guy that got pants to much in High School.

Gresh and Zo are unbearable to me as well. It just seems like they saw everything that people hated about Ordway and his herd and decided to add it to the show with a touch of forced humor that comes off embarrassing. I am pretty sure everytime Gresh works up the strength to push breath in his lungs past all the arterial blockage and mutter something resembling words, a puppy somewhere is murdered with a bag of kittens.

I used to love Felger and Mazz but there getting up intolerable, when they first began it was great because they were mellow and seemed like they were just shooting the **** with callers. However now the arrogance is ten fold and its like they became self aware of there success and use it to bolster there egos. Its one thing to play Devil's advocate for interesting radio, but christ have some more points on the other side then some sound bites and one time incidences. I swear its like Felger tries to play it straight and with facts but as soon as he senses he is treading water in terms of an argument he begins throwing out snide remarks to cover his tracks. I honestly think he is better suited for hourly segments, he is really good in short burst when he wants to be. I also wish he would stop acting like he is some kind of hero when it came to bringing hockey back to Boston, they dude acts like he is moses and parted Boston Harbor to bring all the Bruins fans back from there holes.

Mazz is great when he is ripping on the socks, i just wish he would step outta felgers shadow sometime and actually bring something to the table.


sorry for the long winded rant, its just been brewing for a while and needed to get out.
Agree with everything you said. I rarely listen to the station anymore since I don't wake up early enough to listen to Toucher and Rich. The Gresh is just unbearable and F&M are terrible now. Its been like 5 weeks of non-stop NFL FA talk with baseball sprinkled in.




Mike Salk's former partner in Seattle looks like zolak



Shaun is offline  
Old
03-12-2013, 12:45 PM
  #71
LSCII
Dark Cloud
 
LSCII's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: Central MA
Country: United States
Posts: 23,104
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by gg4167 View Post
Well, that seems ridiculous, considering they don't know him from Adam.
The counter point of your statement is that he skipped out on a contract he signed and didn't honor his own word. People have been killing Tim Thomas over not playing this year, and he delivered a freaking Stanley Cup, but Carl Soderberg doesn't honor a second of his deal and he's a good dude who was loyal to his hometown team, you know, even if the deal he signed with that team was after the contract he signed with the Blues.

That's a long way to go just to say I can see why they'd be skeptical and question the guy.

LSCII is offline  
Old
03-12-2013, 01:07 PM
  #72
CamFan81
Derp
 
CamFan81's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: RI
Country: United States
Posts: 17,569
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by FTOREKBENCHTOSS View Post
is it me or does it seem like the Sports Hub is spiraling down the *******. I am serious when it first launched was it just novelty of having a different sports talk station to listen to that got it through?
For the love of god someone please point me to a radio station that has bearable sports talk.

I still love toucher and rich, i know some people dont like it because of the humor and irrelevant topics they bring in some times. I have even heard people saying there not serious enough when discussing sports, which i dont understand since you know its sports and it really shouldn't be taken to seriously to begin with. Love it or hate it a least its different and better then those petrified dinosaur turds on the other station. Gerry just sounds like a spiteful guy that got pants to much in High School.

Gresh and Zo are unbearable to me as well. It just seems like they saw everything that people hated about Ordway and his herd and decided to add it to the show with a touch of forced humor that comes off embarrassing. I am pretty sure everytime Gresh works up the strength to push breath in his lungs past all the arterial blockage and mutter something resembling words, a puppy somewhere is murdered with a bag of kittens.

I used to love Felger and Mazz but there getting up intolerable, when they first began it was great because they were mellow and seemed like they were just shooting the **** with callers. However now the arrogance is ten fold and its like they became self aware of there success and use it to bolster there egos. Its one thing to play Devil's advocate for interesting radio, but christ have some more points on the other side then some sound bites and one time incidences. I swear its like Felger tries to play it straight and with facts but as soon as he senses he is treading water in terms of an argument he begins throwing out snide remarks to cover his tracks. I honestly think he is better suited for hourly segments, he is really good in short burst when he wants to be. I also wish he would stop acting like he is some kind of hero when it came to bringing hockey back to Boston, they dude acts like he is moses and parted Boston Harbor to bring all the Bruins fans back from there holes.

Mazz is great when he is ripping on the socks, i just wish he would step outta felgers shadow sometime and actually bring something to the table.


sorry for the long winded rant, its just been brewing for a while and needed to get out.



No need to be sorry. IMO you are not inaccurate in your assessment of 98.5. We aren't to far away from 98.5 ridiculing callers for calling in about hockey like Weei did. Hell, you'll get ridiculed now if you bring up a prospect.

But man, you want to know about Tim Tebow's turds and what its conents were? Felger/Mazz are right there for you.

Yes Felger, you suck...

CamFan81 is offline  
Old
03-12-2013, 01:11 PM
  #73
FTOREKBENCHTOSS
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Posts: 479
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by CamFan81 View Post
[/B]

No need to be sorry. IMO you are not inaccurate in your assessment of 98.5. We aren't to far away from 98.5 ridiculing callers for calling in about hockey like Weei did. Hell, you'll get ridiculed now if you bring up a prospect.

But man, you want to know about Tim Tebow's turds and what its conents were? Felger/Mazz are right there for you.

Yes Felger, you suck
yeah, the Tebow love is getting to unhealthy levels

FTOREKBENCHTOSS is offline  
Old
03-12-2013, 01:38 PM
  #74
TP
Mod Supervisor
Here We Go Bruins!
 
TP's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: 7th Circle of Hell
Country: United States
Posts: 20,583
vCash: 500
Was hoping for some Bruins talk, but more NFL... *click*

TP is offline  
Old
03-12-2013, 01:53 PM
  #75
MTaylorJ1
Registered User
 
MTaylorJ1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Posts: 4,308
vCash: 500
Really? people are really bashing the Sports Hub for talking NFL Free agency on the day it opens?

What exactly in regards to the Bruins would you like them to talk about today?

It's a business and the NFL is BY FAR the most popular sport. Their sponsors would be rightfully pissed off if they decided to pass up talking NFL Free Agency (in theory the 1st/2nd most important day of the NFL offseason) to go over a goofy shootout move or Chris Kelly's injury.

Unfortunately for Bruins fans and sports radio, a team that is humming along like they are doesn't make for interesting radio.

MTaylorJ1 is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:18 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.