HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Prospects
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Prospects Discuss hockey prospects from all over the world and the NHL Draft.

LW John Gaudreau - Boston College, HE (2011, 104th overall, Calgary)

Closed Thread

Old
03-11-2013, 07:39 PM
TheHudlinator

vCash: 354
Quote:
Originally Posted by FytinSioux View Post
Points per game is the only thing going for him and its not like he is blowing everybody out of the water. Age isn't a factor in the hobey.
1st in the country isn't a huge advantage? He isn't a liability defensively either so he isn't hurting his team when he isn't scoring.

Old
03-11-2013, 07:41 PM
BROOKLYnKNIGHTS

vCash: 500
Johnny Hockey is a player. He has allstar potential. Thin Theo Fleury ceiling

Old
03-11-2013, 07:41 PM
Flamester

Quote:
Points per game is the only thing going for him and its not like he is blowing everybody out of the water. Age isn't a factor in the hobey.
46 points in 31 games is more then a point per game.

Old
03-11-2013, 09:42 PM
FytinSioux
Blackhawksssssss

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheHudlinator View Post
1st in the country isn't a huge advantage? He isn't a liability defensively either so he isn't hurting his team when he isn't scoring.
I was just saying he isn't blowing the field out of the water. He has 1.48ppg second guy has 1.42ppg. He should definitely be in hobey hat trick in my mind. (Homer alert) Why should he win it over a guy like Corbin knight? 1.29ppg, leads nation in faceoff pct, leads nation in primary assists, has been held off the scoresheet 2 times all season, and all this while playing the 4th hardest schedule in NCAA, not 23rd like bc (big difference in NCAA hockey). And he plays selke like defense. Gaudreau isn't a liability defensively, but he's average at best IMO. It just feels like the hobey has been gaudreaus all season and I'm not sure why.

Old
03-11-2013, 10:50 PM
superhakan
Gaudreauby Baker

vCash: 50

Heres his goal this weekend. Picks the players pocket, undresses the d-man, and rips it far side.

Old
03-11-2013, 11:07 PM
Momesso

^^^

Great play. Nice to see the Flames finally have some exciting prospects in the pipeline.

Old
03-11-2013, 11:31 PM
TheHudlinator

Quote:
I was just saying he isn't blowing the field out of the water. He has 1.48ppg second guy has 1.42ppg. He should definitely be in hobey hat trick in my mind. (Homer alert) Why should he win it over a guy like Corbin knight? 1.29ppg, leads nation in faceoff pct, leads nation in primary assists, has been held off the scoresheet 2 times all season, and all this while playing the 4th hardest schedule in NCAA, not 23rd like bc (big difference in NCAA hockey). And he plays selke like defense. Gaudreau isn't a liability defensively, but he's average at best IMO. It just feels like the hobey has been gaudreaus all season and I'm not sure why.
Sorry I didn't mean to come off as homerish, I don't think he will win the Hobey Baker, but when you said he wasn't blowing everyone out the water I thought you meant he was only middle of the pack, and I think it is pretty evident that he is in elite class for offensive players in the NCAA.

I think people have pumping up Gaudreau because of a lot of hate he has been getting over his size and so many Flames fans (such as myself) like to point out his success. Personally I think it will go to a player like Knight who is more defensively aware, I hope that now that JG has the offensive game figured out he can take another step as he has done this year on his defensive game and become a better 2 way player.

Old
03-12-2013, 05:01 AM
Adirondack Flames

Quote:
so you prop up stats like fo% but ignore things like game winning goals?

also curious where you got the primary assists stat, not saying its not true but where do they actually track that?

Old
03-12-2013, 07:42 AM
BROOKLYnKNIGHTS

Quote:
Originally Posted by superhakan View Post

Heres his goal this weekend. Picks the players pocket, undresses the d-man, and rips it far side.
This shows great skill. What a player he is.
Nice 4th round steal.

Old
03-12-2013, 01:40 PM
tmurfin
500g1000pts

vCash: 336
Quote:
Originally Posted by Abbotsford Heat View Post

also curious where you got the primary assists stat, not saying its not true but where do they actually track that?
I think he's just trying to pump his boy Knight up a little..

Old
03-12-2013, 06:28 PM
FytinSioux
Blackhawksssssss

Quote:
Originally Posted by tmurfin View Post
I think he's just trying to pump his boy Knight up a little..
I warned u when I said homer alert. Someone asked if he will win the hobey. I think he has enough to get to the final 3 but not enough to win, but that's right now, who knows what happens from here on out.

Quote:

I didn't realize Gaudreau had 6 game winners (T1st in nation). I'm not sure where to find primary/secondary assists, but the UND writer (credible source) tweeted it.

Old
03-12-2013, 11:20 PM
Adirondack Flames

Quote:
I didn't realize Gaudreau had 6 game winners (T1st in nation). I'm not sure where to find primary/secondary assists, but the UND writer (credible source) tweeted it.
I will assume the writer is accurate, but I would be willing to bet Gaudreau is right there with him.

Personally I don't think either deserves the Hobey Baker, but I also view it more like the Hart Trophy of the NHL, I think Jon Gillies deserves it for everything he has done this year. Statistically he is near the top, but when you look at the team and expectations, Gillies is far and away the MVP of one of the most surprising programs.

Old
03-18-2013, 12:57 PM
teal

watched this guy play in the hockey east quarterfinals this weekend (bc vs. vermont.)

basically forgot he was there 90% of the time. almost nonexistent sample size, i know, but i would have hoped he'd be ramping it up for such a big game.

looking forward to seeing more this weekend?

Old
03-18-2013, 02:16 PM
InfinityIggy
Inflammatory Poster

vCash: 133
Quote:
Originally Posted by teal View Post
watched this guy play in the hockey east quarterfinals this weekend (bc vs. vermont.)

basically forgot he was there 90% of the time. almost nonexistent sample size, i know, but i would have hoped he'd be ramping it up for such a big game.

looking forward to seeing more this weekend?
"Gaudreau secured the victory with an empty-net tally - his 40th career goal - with just more than one minute to play."

Were you standing in the popcorn line for the first 90%?

Seriously though, I thought he looked alright from the recaps I watched, obviously not the whole game but he had a couple of solid chances I think.

Old
03-18-2013, 02:18 PM
TheHudlinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by InfinityIggy View Post
"Gaudreau secured the victory with an empty-net tally - his 40th career goal - with just more than one minute to play."

Seriously though, I thought he looked alright from the recaps I watched, obviously not the whole game but he had a couple of solid chances I think.
The game on the 15th was one of the worst I have seen him play, the one on the 16th was apparently much better.

Old
03-18-2013, 02:20 PM
teal

Quote:

Maybe my expectations were really high. I actually knew nothing about him until I heard his name getting dropped all over the place because of the WJC. Then when they called the starters and I heard his name I kinda expected him to dominate. Maybe that was unrealistic. He stood out on a play or two but that was about it.

Can't wait to see him vs. Nieto (@BU, Sharks prospect) at TD!

Old
03-18-2013, 02:39 PM
TherapyforGlencross
I'm the Man

He didn't play well on the 15th. Had that one wraparound attempt, but other than that he was nonexistent, except when he turned the puck over.

Old
03-18-2013, 02:46 PM
Rolen
sick

Quote:

How can you justify criticizing an opinion of someone who watched the game while you only watched the highlights?

Laughable post.

Old
03-18-2013, 02:52 PM
InfinityIggy
Inflammatory Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rolen View Post
How can you justify criticizing an opinion of someone who watched the game while you only watched the highlights?

Laughable post.
Would you like:

Explained to you?

Old
03-18-2013, 03:21 PM
The Sweetness

Quote:
Would you like:

Explained to you?
Perhaps you should not have followed it with the "Seriously though, he looked alright in the recaps I saw...." part?

Old
03-18-2013, 03:31 PM
InfinityIggy
Inflammatory Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Sweetness View Post
Perhaps you should not have followed it with the "Seriously though, he looked alright in the recaps I saw...." part?
Perhaps because it was followed by "obviously not the whole game though"?

Old
03-19-2013, 03:32 AM
The Sweetness

Quote:
Perhaps because it was followed by "obviously not the whole game though"?

Which made it even harder to understand how you hoped your sarcasm to come off in the post above.

You said you thought Gaudreau looked OK based on what you say, which makes it hard to pick up your sarcasm earlier in the post if you hoped people to understand that you weren't criticising the other posters judgement of the game.

Anyhow, you obviously intended something other than what others picked up, which you've no clarified, so there is no reason to keep dwelling on this.

Old
04-02-2013, 07:09 PM
LukeD
On Fire

Small update:

@AdamMKaufman

"For those asking if Johnny Gaudreau will leave BC for pros, I spoke with him after loss. Still feels strongly about playing w/brother at BC."

Old
04-02-2013, 07:11 PM
FLAMES666
Retrofit not Rebuild

Quote:
Originally Posted by LukeD View Post
Small update:

@AdamMKaufman

"For those asking if Johnny Gaudreau will leave BC for pros, I spoke with him after loss. Still feels strongly about playing w/brother at BC."
Good choice I think

Old
04-02-2013, 07:12 PM
Noori

His brother isn't a very good hockey player (relatively speaking). Will he even make BC's lineup?

It's probably the right decision to stay in BC. Take this year and next year to develop physically and mature as a player and then come to the Flames when he's grown up and ready to go.

Closed Thread