HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Hamilton Bulldogs [24-30-6] & Wheeling Nailers 2012-2013 3.0

Closed Thread

Old
03-10-2013, 12:45 PM
Guilliam

vCash: 500
I'd give Schultz an invitation to camp. If he doesn't show up in shape, no contract for him.

Old
03-10-2013, 02:40 PM
Analyzer
#WeAreBoston

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChoseLa View Post
We can already count him off the Habs, he has been on three differents ECHL teams this season and was recall for only two games, even considering all the missing guys and open spot opportunity they had to bring him up.

I don't think they should let him go, i hope they wanted to teach him a lesson, he needs to come in top-shape next year if they give him a contract.
Personally I don't see him getting a contract next year.

Old
03-10-2013, 03:00 PM
montreal
Go Habs Go

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guilliam View Post
I'd give Schultz an invitation to camp. If he doesn't show up in shape, no contract for him.
We'll see if management gives him his QO, since he's a RFA. My guess would be they don't so he'll be free to sign elsewhere.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TennisMenace View Post
Is there anyone in Hamilton or any of a minors who is good at fisticuffs?
Scultz, Thrower, Dietz. I'm interested to see if Didier can fight or not, won't know for a couple more years but he's a big boy and plays a physical game so he's likely going to get challenged once he turns pro.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Analyzer View Post
Of habs prospects, Tinordi is the best.

Ellis, Pateryn, Beaulieu, and Dumont are all willing. Dumont is pretty good for his size.

Thrower is also good for his size.
Dietz is alright. Willing to go, but doesn't look all that great.

I think that's all.
Tinordi can't be the best as he's not all that good at it. Schultz should be the best, but Thrower/Dietz should be up there. Pateryn has only fought 1 time so I wouldn't say he's willing or not since he hasn't played much as a pro yet.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whitesnake View Post
But then...it makes no sense. Though I would love for the people that saw the Dogs often to respond....Why the heck would you use Stortini that much? Why would you use Chaput that much? Why would you NOT use Avtsin? Or Leblanc on the first 2 lines? If development was so important....why don't you understand the importance in vets in your youth's progression? I mean, THEN they started to understand it with the Commodore acquisition....which didn't turn out well. And then up front with the Tenute acquisition....

But personnally, I don't get this. All great to develop under the toughest season possible...but it's also pretty great to develop in winning circumstances.
I actually like what Stortini brings as a 4th liner. I personally wouldn't have dressed Hagel all the time like the coaching staff has. Chaput sadly is one of their better players, there's no one to take his place out there at this time.

I'm not sure why Avtsin doesn't see at least a little more ice time but I can understand to a point as he's just not very good. Should they have been dressing Murdovich on the 3rd line so much over Avtsin, I think it could go either way in that who really cares cause neither seems to have much of an impact on the game. Avtsin is such a mystery, I know he has fans around here but I assume those people aren't watching every game he plays cause he often does nothing out there although I thought he looked better this year then last but last year he was gettiing outplayed by Berger which is why he ended up sitting so much towards the end of last season.

Leblanc has been in the top 6 since he returned from injury (although I have missed a couple games here and there). Sometimes he would be on the top line, other nights he's on the 2nd line. If you really even want to pick 1st/2nd lines, cause most of the time they all look like the 3rd line anyway.

Old
03-10-2013, 11:54 PM
pc_md

Joey Tenute has been on fire lately. 10 points in his last 7 games !

I'm sure Michael Andlauer would love to have some Hamilton native players as AHL FA on the roster. Tenute is slowly writing his name on an AHL contract for next season...

Old
03-11-2013, 01:38 AM
Guilliam

Quote:
Originally Posted by montreal View Post
We'll see if management gives him his QO, since he's a RFA. My guess would be they don't so he'll be free to sign elsewhere.
I know but I can't imagine team will line up to sign him after he's made 3 ECHL teams and has a bad rep for showing up out of shape. Anyway, I don't expect them to qualify him so if he doesn't sign anywhere before august I'd invite him, if he's not available anymore no big deal.

Old
03-12-2013, 02:56 PM
Et le But

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marc the Habs Fan View Post
2 goals for Holland tonight, 2nd one was a gem. He has been on a nice tear recently.
Glad to see Holland pick it up. He's been up and down this year but so has most of the Bulldogs, I wouldn't write off his NHL upside.

Old
03-12-2013, 03:01 PM
Habtchum*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Et le But View Post
Glad to see Holland pick it up. He's been up and down this year but so has most of the Bulldogs, I wouldn't write off his NHL upside.
The step is huge between Junior hockery and pro hockey at AHL level.

Old
03-12-2013, 03:04 PM
Monctonscout
Monctonscout

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habtchum View Post
The step is huge between Junior hockery and pro hockey at AHL level.
It was made harder this year by not having a lot of veterans to help out the kids. With Palushaj in Colorado and Geoffrion hurt those are 2 big holes.

Next year I expect MB to sign a couple high end AHL veterans up front.

Old
03-12-2013, 03:26 PM
Analyzer
#WeAreBoston

Quote:
Tinordi can't be the best as he's not all that good at it. Schultz should be the best, but Thrower/Dietz should be up there. Pateryn has only fought 1 time so I wouldn't say he's willing or not since he hasn't played much as a pro yet.

Pound for pound he's not the best, but there's no one in the habs prospect pool that would legitimately give him a run for his money. His size and reach makes up for his awkwardness at fighting at this point.

Unlike Dietz and Thrower he hasn't been chucking the knuckles as long. He's not very good right now, but neither was Chara to begin with. Guy lost pretty much every fight he was in. Tinordi needs time to get a hang of things.

Old
03-12-2013, 04:51 PM
zzoo

How do you find Dumont in the last two games with Habs ?

Old
03-12-2013, 04:52 PM
Analyzer
#WeAreBoston

Quote:
Originally Posted by zzoo View Post
How do you find Dumont in the last two games with Habs ?
Alright. Pretty much how I expected him to be.

Old
03-12-2013, 06:31 PM
HCH

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carey Price View Post
It was made harder this year by not having a lot of veterans to help out the kids. With Palushaj in Colorado and Geoffrion hurt those are 2 big holes.
I think some of us, including me, keep forgetting to factor that into Hamilton's performance this year.

Old
03-12-2013, 09:02 PM
montreal
Go Habs Go

Quote:
Pound for pound he's not the best, but there's no one in the habs prospect pool that would legitimately give him a run for his money. His size and reach makes up for his awkwardness at fighting at this point.

Unlike Dietz and Thrower he hasn't been chucking the knuckles as long. He's not very good right now, but neither was Chara to begin with. Guy lost pretty much every fight he was in. Tinordi needs time to get a hang of things.
Not sure about that, I think Schultz would light up Tinordi despite the difference in reach. I'm not sure fighting will ever be a big part of Tinordi's game, if it somehow does, he needs a lot of work at imo.

Old
03-14-2013, 01:18 AM
bib
#believe

How would Blunden look in place of Moen right now?

Old
03-14-2013, 06:31 AM
TennisMenace

Quote:
Originally Posted by bib View Post
How would Blunden look in place of Moen right now?
I like Blunden so he will look good

Old
03-14-2013, 09:50 AM
Maxpac

Quote:
Pound for pound he's not the best
The problem's not pound for pound, it's pound for height. Imagine how easy it must be to pull down a 6'7 player when he's only 205 lbs. He basically has no gravity center for now. The bigger he gets, the better fighter he'll become. He did mix it up with Desbiens and Sutherby this season, so it's a good sign that he doesn't pick his opponents.

Old
03-14-2013, 04:03 PM
Analyzer
#WeAreBoston

Quote:
Not sure about that, I think Schultz would light up Tinordi despite the difference in reach. I'm not sure fighting will ever be a big part of Tinordi's game, if it somehow does, he needs a lot of work at imo.
Schultz is a better fighter, but I don't see him back next year.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maxpac View Post
The problem's not pound for pound, it's pound for height. Imagine how easy it must be to pull down a 6'7 player when he's only 205 lbs. He basically has no gravity center for now. The bigger he gets, the better fighter he'll become. He did mix it up with Desbiens and Sutherby this season, so it's a good sign that he doesn't pick his opponents.
True and for the most part big men are terrible fighters when they're young and facing men. Chara was a pretty pathetic fighter.

Old
03-14-2013, 05:01 PM
bud12

Quote:
Schultz is a better fighter, but I don't see him back next year.

True and for the most part big men are terrible fighters when they're young and facing men. Chara was a pretty pathetic fighter.
Chara is a pathetic fighter

Old
03-15-2013, 06:17 PM
Valois

This game reminds me of last time I watched a Bulldogs game (start of the season), unfortunately!

Old
03-15-2013, 06:55 PM
NewHabsEra*

Quote:
Originally Posted by bud12 View Post
Chara is a pathetic fighter
You are probably kidding.. most intimidating player in the league and when he drops, he makes his opponents regret it everytimes.. Laraque said it better, if Chara was focussing on fighting, he would be the best in the league, he just hasnt anything to gain fighting goons since he is way more useful on the ice than in the penality box..

Last edited by NewHabsEra*: 03-15-2013 at 07:06 PM.
Old
03-15-2013, 06:56 PM
That

Greg Pateryn is wearing an "A" tonight. It's his first game since his being sent down.

Defenceman Peter Merth is playing his first game as a Bulldog and twelfth career AHL game. He was signed to a PTO. Merth leads all Wheeling Nailers' defenceman in both points and penalty minutes.

Alex Avtsin is also finally playing after a month of being a scratch. Only his 15th game of the year.

Nokelainen is also playing.

The Dogs are getting hammered 5-0 right now, 5 minutes left in the second.

Last edited by That: 03-15-2013 at 07:21 PM.
Old
03-15-2013, 07:20 PM
Valois

5-0 Ice Caps, towards the end of the second period.

Dogs look like a team that's trying but has no system or identity.

Only forwards that stand out to me are Leblanc, Nokes, Holland. Chaput had a nice rush at one point, I don't get why Avtsin is always scratched because he's not the worst player and he has nice hair compared to the others. Tokarski has been decent, the first three goals were on Mayer and came very quickly. Hagel and Stortini have been taking dumb penalties.

I kind of have my reservations as to if this is the best environment to develop prospects, but I haven't seen any of their recent wins so I'm obviously really biased and just generally angry I tried AHL Live for the first time on such a frankly depressing game.

Last edited by Valois: 03-15-2013 at 07:33 PM.
Old
03-15-2013, 08:04 PM
overlords
Hfboards

Quote:
Originally Posted by NewHabsEra View Post
You are probably kidding.. most intimidating player in the league and when he drops, he makes his opponents regret it everytimes.. Laraque said it better, if Chara was focussing on fighting, he would be the best in the league, he just hasnt anything to gain fighting goons since he is way more useful on the ice than in the penality box..
As a fighter, he's not very good. For somebody with that much of a size/reach advantage, he never should have lost a fight. Has nothing to do with whether he should drop them or not. He's made a habit of bailing or 'losing his balance' when he fights someone really dangerous.

Old
03-15-2013, 08:15 PM
bud12

Quote:
Originally Posted by NewHabsEra View Post
no, i'm not kidding. Chara suck at fighting. Takedown and wresling is not what I call fighting. Go on hockey fighting site, you will see that everyone agree with that. And now, you will probably show me the Chara vs Koci or vs Cairns.......

Old
03-15-2013, 11:47 PM
montreal
Go Habs Go

sounds like i picked a good game to miss. I often skip games where Mayer is the starter but losing both Blunden and Tinordi I figured out hurt but sounds like the things were really bad.

I'm not sure what management is going to do in the off-season for the Dogs but hopefully they take a close look at things and make some changes as I know it's about development but the team is often painful to watch and that's got to be a concern about how they play the game or how the offense consistently struggles to execute.

With the Habs looking good to make the playoffs, at least a few kids should spend some time with the team working out. Bournival, Tinordi, St-Denis, Pateryn, Leblanc (unless they want him to take a break and then get started on his off-season training) plus maybe Kristo if ND gets bounced quickly from the playoffs and frozen four (which they are going to need better goaltending if so as it remains a weakness). Should be good for them and any others, hopefully the Dogs can get back on track next year.

Closed Thread