HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Edmonton Oilers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Rumors and Proposals Vol. 7: "GMs who should be posters"

Closed Thread

Old
03-12-2013, 12:58 PM
Johnny Bravo
Avi until he's fired

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by seguino View Post
a full bag of NOPE. RNH is struggling but he wreaks of talent
Weren't you the one who called him Daigle?

Old
03-12-2013, 01:04 PM
Master Lok

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pros and Cons View Post
If RNH doesn't start to think of putting on some muscle and train like a mad-dog he will only be a really good OHL player in the NHL. He is not built for the NHl at current size (yes, I know he is going on 20 - i.e. Landeskog is 207 lbs), and he should have been sent to junior last year to work on the next step. He is not a winger, he is being groomed as a number one centre on a potential lethal line-up of young stars - he is going to be pushed around by other teams.
IMO, RNH is the player who needs to be traded (with a defenceman) for this team to get to the next step in development. We need more then anything a player who can take the punishment and has the kahonas to dictate the play as a #1 centreman must do in this league.
Can we kick off posters from the board? Or at least get them to pass some type of hockey knowledge exam before they post things on here?

Old
03-12-2013, 01:04 PM
nofool6110
Best @ tanking ainec

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moonlapse Vertigo View Post
From Tambo's presser this morning.

I think that the Oilers just replayed a presser from three years ago or something.
Damn it! I was just getting my Eberle for McDonagh trade rumor mill generated. Darn Tambellini.

Old
03-12-2013, 01:05 PM
seguino

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny Bravo View Post
Weren't you the one who called him Daigle?
still sitting there hitting refresh, lurking. Our whole first line was playing like daigle a while back. Never said trade anyone.

Old
03-12-2013, 01:05 PM
Dave
º

Quote:
Originally Posted by Koto View Post
the trade rnh comment is so ridiculous

hes top two in terms of must keep on the team, and only one of 3 true untouchables at this point to me.

Hall
RNH

J Schultz
Real talk. RHN is not the one you get rid of, his hockey IQ is off the charts. Even though he's not scoring, you don't get rid of him. If we're to give any "untouchable" up, its eberle by an absolute landslide. He's a great player, but ridiculously overrated.

Old
03-12-2013, 01:09 PM
seguino

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave View Post
Real talk. RHN is not the one you get rid of, his hockey IQ is off the charts. Even though he's not scoring, you don't get rid of him. If we're to give any "untouchable" up, its eberle by an absolute landslide. He's a great player, but ridiculously overrated.
I would say Yak instead of Eberle.

Old
03-12-2013, 01:12 PM
Dave
º

Quote:
I can see the debate on that, but I'd say it's too early to pull the trigger on yak (probably too early too trade eberle too). And his value would be 'lower' since he isn't blowing the league up right now. But his upside seems to be much higher than eberle. And once he's matured as a player it'd be great to have a trigger man like him. He also seems to have a ton more heart than eberle.

Old
03-12-2013, 01:13 PM
SeriousBusiness
T.Hall da man

Quote:
For the last two seasons, people were saying Ebs was better than Hall. Ebs isn't having a very good season so far but to call him "ridiculously overrated" is ridiculous.

Old
03-12-2013, 01:15 PM
Moose Coleman

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeriousBusiness View Post
For the last two seasons, people were saying Ebs was better than Hall. Ebs isn't having a very good season so far but to call him "ridiculously overrated" is ridiculous.
If people were saying he was better than Hall, he was ridiculously overrated.

Old
03-12-2013, 01:19 PM
Bryanbryoil
Paying Off A Bet

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moonlapse Vertigo View Post
From Tambo's presser this morning.

I think that the Oilers just replayed a presser from three years ago or something.
We really shouldn't be dealing youth for a quick fix though, we are at the point that we need to make key acquisitions, if we must move a few assets for picks/prospects then you do it. Ideally if we move a guy like Gagner we will get NHLers back for him or preferable a single NHLer that is an upgrade somewhere in the lineup.

03-12-2013, 01:28 PM
ponokanocker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bryanbryoil View Post
We really shouldn't be dealing youth for a quick fix though, we are at the point that we need to make key acquisitions, if we must move a few assets for picks/prospects then you do it. Ideally if we move a guy like Gagner we will get NHLers back for him or preferable a single NHLer that is an upgrade somewhere in the lineup.
Totally agreed. No more trading players for picks/prospects. We need to add some quality veteran presence to our youth. Fixing the D should be the #1 priority. I think everyone will see the forwards playing much better with a lot better quality back end.

Old
03-12-2013, 01:29 PM
oil Leaks
Unit 01

If trading for Stewart I will not be surprised is the starting price is Smid+

Old
03-12-2013, 01:29 PM
Lacaar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moose Coleman View Post
If people were saying he was better than Hall, he was ridiculously overrated.
I think it's more of Hall being rediculously underrated.

The sucky part of all this is that I think Tambo's right.
I hate seeing this let's trade whatever we can to get bigger.. then 3 months later complain that our bigger guys suck. See Pouliot, Isbister, etc, etc.

The best move this team has is to stand still and show more patience. I'm tired of giving up on youth for some magic power forward we all call a lazy arse a few months in the future.

Than watching the young player we traded mature and excel. They chose to live by the rebuild and I supported it. I'd rather die by the rebuild than watch MPS or someone go to another team and become exactly the player we wanted.

Old
03-12-2013, 01:33 PM
seguino

Quote:
I can see the debate on that, but I'd say it's too early to pull the trigger on yak (probably too early too trade eberle too). And his value would be 'lower' since he isn't blowing the league up right now. But his upside seems to be much higher than eberle. And once he's matured as a player it'd be great to have a trigger man like him. He also seems to have a ton more heart than eberle.
This team has been "turable" for so long, I think we all are desperate for them (the 1st overalls and Eberle) to succeed/Mature into the stars they eventually will be. Yaks one-timer is nutty good.

Old
03-12-2013, 01:35 PM
CupofOil

Quote:
If RNH doesn't start to think of putting on some muscle and train like a mad-dog he will only be a really good OHL player in the NHL. He is not built for the NHl at current size (yes, I know he is going on 20 - i.e. Landeskog is 207 lbs), and he should have been sent to junior last year to work on the next step. He is not a winger, he is being groomed as a number one centre on a potential lethal line-up of young stars - he is going to be pushed around by other teams.
IMO, RNH is the player who needs to be traded (with a defenceman) for this team to get to the next step in development. We need more then anything a player who can take the punishment and has the kahonas to dictate the play as a #1 centreman must do in this league.
There's so much wrong with this post, i don't even know where to start.
So an 18 year old kid who was at almost a PPG and would have been a runaway Calder winner if not for a flukey injury belonged in junior?
Even if he never develops from the level he's at now, he's still more than just a good OHL level player. He's still a kid with an enormous amount of potential who has hit a speed bump in his development and you're willing to trade him off already saying that would be better for the team? Give me a break.
It's alarming that some of you are giving up on this kid already, absolutely ridiculous.

Old
03-12-2013, 01:46 PM
Neilio
Navi-X, Google it

Quote:
You must work in the stock market, yes?
Betcha' make a mint with all your skillz

Old
03-12-2013, 02:03 PM
RisingSun
Punky's Whips

vCash: 50
Quote:
While I agree RNH's physical development is being handled brutally, there's no way in hell we're going to trade someone with his caliber of hockey skill. What the oilers need to do is to bring in tough, gritty guys to play with RNH to cover for him physically, while he develops. Trading him would be useless as you'll never get a player with his level of talent in return.

Old
03-12-2013, 02:11 PM
Koto

Quote:
Originally Posted by nofool6110 View Post
Damn it! I was just getting my Eberle for McDonagh trade rumor mill generated. Darn Tambellini.
THE MILL IS TURNING

TURN MILL

TURN

Quote:
well i didn't list eberle as an untouchable, and to me he has the highest combination of value and expendibility.

Some people overrate him, but its kind of an odd think to say as a blanket statement.

Quote:
I'd trade either, Eberle probably returns more right now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeriousBusiness View Post
Anyone who has ever said Ebs was better than Hall was significantly mis-rating one of them.

It is, and has always been pretty clear Hall is more important to the team.

And I'm not even concerned with his offensive production, i think he's still doing fairly well in that regard.

...Some of his defensive efforts have been a bit lazy, but thats not why i want to trade him.

Old
03-12-2013, 02:20 PM
MinnesotaFats

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bryanbryoil View Post
Exactly. And you know who isnt young by NHL standards? Hemsky. Tambo needs to push him on to a Cup contender in exchange for 1-2 NHL assets.

I don't recall who (was it you Bryan?), but someone throughout the idea of a deal with the Sens centred around Zack Smith. Perfect fit for the Oilers in a lot of ways. Murray will never give him up, but that is the type of player we should be targeting.

Old
03-12-2013, 02:23 PM
dustrock
Too Legit To Quit

What exactly is a "quick fix" for the Oilers?

A competent goalie?

A top-4 d-man?

Grit and size in the top 6?

No, it's trading a 3rd for another 4th liner.

Old
03-12-2013, 02:23 PM
RisingSun
Punky's Whips

Also regarding trading the big 5 this would be my order in untouchableness.

1. Ryan Nugent-Hopkins
- unrivaled hockey talent and potential.
- slight injury concerns (shoulder) and physical development is decent but suspect.
-only trade if we're getting a franchise player in return.
-ex.) pietranglo, karlsson, malkin,tavares

2. Taylor Hall
-brings tenacity and often dictates plays. Important catalyst of offense.
- good leadership quality
- however injury concerns and hockey iq is lacking
- trade only for franchise player or established first liners.
- ex.) franchise winger,#1 D

3. Justin Schultz
-our only true potential #1 Defenseman.
- no major flaws in game observed yet.
-high offensive defenseman potential.
- only trade if getting better defenseman in return.

4.Nail Yakupov
-least proven but shows promising potential.
-Only pure goal scorer out of fab 5.
-minor injury concerns (concussion) but not too bad.
-major development includes confidence building.
-distinct offensive playing style the oilers lack.
-trade only for top line forward or #1 D

5. Jordan Eberle
-most proven out of all 5 player.
-captain clutch. Dependable in offensive situations
-plays similar (puck movement) style as RNH
-best player so far, but his playing style is easiest to replace.
- RW depth on oilers is strong, making replacement easier.
-no real major flaws, but defensive game is poor, but will likely improve as development continues.
-trade for #1 D or top line forward.

Last edited by RisingSun: 03-12-2013 at 02:50 PM.
Old
03-12-2013, 02:28 PM
canovin
Klefbom's charm

Hope Oilers could pick up Bishop for Whitney+(that's if he can up his value before TDL)
Would be a good backup.

Old
03-12-2013, 02:35 PM
nofool6110
Best @ tanking ainec

Quote:
Originally Posted by FreeRadicals View Post
Also regarding trading the big 5 this would be my order in untouchableness.

1. Ryan Nugent-Hopkins
- unrivaled hockey talent and potential.
- slight injury concerns (shoulder) and physical development is decent but suspect.
-only trade if we're getting a franchise player in return.
-ex.) pietranglo, karlsson, malkin,tavares

2. Taylor Hall
-brings tenacity and often dictates plays. Important catalyst of offense.
- good leadership quality
- however injury concerns and hockey iq is lacking
- trade only for franchise player or established first liners.
- ex.) landeskog,seguin,#1 D

3. Justin Schultz
-our only true potential #1 Defenseman.
- no major flaws in game observed yet.
-high offensive defenseman potential.
- only trade if getting better defenseman in return.

4.Nail Yakupov
-least proven but shows promising potential.
-Only pure goal scorer out of fab 5.
-minor injury concerns (concussion) but not too bad.
-major development includes confidence building.
-distinct offensive playing style the oilers lack.
-trade only for top line forward or #1 D

5. Jordan Eberle
-most proven out of all 5 player.
-captain clutch. Dependable in offensive situations
-plays similar (puck movement) style as RNH
-best player so far, but his playing style is easiest to replace.
- RW depth on oilers is strong, making replacement easier.
-no real major flaws, but defensive game is poor, but will likely improve as development continues.
-trade for #1 D or top line forward.

Old
03-12-2013, 02:42 PM
Fixed to Ruin
Come wit it now!

http://www.sportsnet.ca/hockey/nhl/n...eyeing-iginla/

Quote:
The Fourth Period reports that, according to multiple sources, the Buffalo Sabres' Drew Stafford would welcome a trade, adding the winger to teammates such as defencemen Robyn Regehr and Jordan Leopold on a list of Sabres who could be moved.
According to Fourth Period source, "He would welcome a move. . . would do him some good."

The Milwaukee native has two seasons left on a contract that pays him $4 million per.
Paging Steve Tambolini. Code Blue!

Old
03-12-2013, 02:49 PM
RisingSun
Punky's Whips

Quote:
Originally Posted by nofool6110 View Post
Haha, I should of put a note, I meant not trading for those player exactly, but younger players of that caliber.

Closed Thread