HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Habs on Tradecentre Part 2 (Who do you want at the deadline/in free agency?)

Closed Thread

Old
03-12-2013, 01:32 PM
Jmac1160*
Gomez-"Sorry Coach"

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flying Knee View Post
Sarich has been terrible in the past couple of years. I watched a couple of Flames games last year and he stood out....but not in a good way. More like an electrical pylon in the middle of the road

Matthias on the other hand i like. In fact i wanted the Habs to trade for him last year for the bottom 6. Decent two way forward with size who is solid on faceoffs. I think he's 26 so still young too. He's better than White i think but bring a bit less sandpaper (despite his size). Can also play all three positions which could come in handy.

I have to disagree on this , well sort of. You may be correct about the current version of Regehr but back in the mid 2000's the guy was extremely solid. One of the best shutdown D in the league imho. He may suck now but back then he was a freaking beast.

He was a beast for sure but in the last 3-5 years he has barely been a shadow of himself

Old
03-12-2013, 01:38 PM
Bronn
Registered Sellsword

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jmac1160 View Post
[/B]

He was a beast for sure but in the last 3-5 years he has barely been a shadow of himself
Yeah that's what i keep reading from various posters on these boards. The guy is in a steep decline it seems

Old
03-12-2013, 01:55 PM
Roulin

I like the forward depth on the team now. Gallagher's emergence has pushed a lot of players a step down the depth chart, which is a very good thing. A fully healthy team (unlikely) probably has Armstrong, Nokelainen, Dumont and Blunden in the press box in the playoffs - you could do worse than having a couple of those guys in the lineup.

The top 9 is unspectacular but solid. I like Stafford fine, I think he's better than his point totals this season indicate, but I don't see him being a clear upgrade over any of the healthy top 9. I guess over Galchenyuk at this point (don't get me wrong Chucky Nation, he's having a spectacular season for a teenager), but the plan for the kid is clearly to have him on the ice.

Plekanec could of course use an upgrade on one of his wings, Perry would be awesome, but I see that as an offseason move if anything, not something to be done during the season. Perry is the pie in the sky... I still like Jagr, but I don't know that Bergevin's opinion of JJ would be any different a year later... but Ryder is looking like a very good option if he's willing to sign a short extension. That top line upgrade (yes, I consider the Plekanec line the top line, look at the TOI) might have to come from within, as the Gallies gradually overtake the vets.

Basically, I'd stand pat up front at the deadline, unless there are more injuries (or setbacks for Bourque and Prust).

I'd look more closely at adding on D. Therrien clearly has no faith in anyone outside the healthy top 6 (top 5 without Diaz). I'd like someone like Leopold for playoff depth, and if it works out, to re-sign for next season.

For next season's offensive D depth, Nygren is intriguing. I wonder if he might surprise and make the team next season, if he comes over? Kaberle is good as gone, Weber hasn't progressed in years, the organization doesn't appear to consider St-Denis an NHL'er. IMO the patient approach is the way to go with Tinordi and Beaulieu. Nygren has already excelled at a higher level than the kids... if the organization thinks he's close, Bouillon-Nygren as next season's 7-8D could be an interesting mix of skillsets.

Old
03-12-2013, 02:19 PM
Stone Cutter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marc-E- View Post
For sure they're division rivals. But I assure you that he'll love it to play for a contender. He's from Repentigny from north shore of Montreal. I don't think it will bugs him at all.
I know he's from Repentigny... My cousin used to play with him and still talk with him. My cousin was clear on this: Pomminville does not want to play in MTL ever.

Old
03-12-2013, 02:28 PM
Analyzer
#WeAreBoston

Jason Pominville plays for the states. Shows you how much where he comes from really matters to him when choosing where to play.

Old
03-12-2013, 02:59 PM
Habsfannick
HFBoards Sponsor

I think Kane would be great in montreal but idk if I'm okay with the cost, also Smid on defense and parros for a fourth line would be great

Patches-DD-Gally
Kane-pleks-Gionta
Bourque-chuckie-Ryder
Prust-Eller/white-parros

Subban-gorges
Markov-Smid
Emelin-bouillon
Diaz

I wonder if a deal for Kane can be built around Eller++

Old
03-12-2013, 03:01 PM
hototogisu
Global Moderator
Poked the bear!!!!!

Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Habsfannick View Post
I think Kane would be great in montreal but idk if I'm okay with the cost, also Smid on defense and parros for a fourth line would be great

Patches-DD-Gally
Kane-pleks-Gionta
Bourque-chuckie-Ryder
Prust-Eller/white-parros

Subban-gorges
Markov-Smid
Emelin-bouillon
Diaz

I wonder if a deal for Kane can be built around Eller++
If that "plus plus" isn't one of Price, Subban, Pacioretty or Galchenyuk...good luck.

Old
03-12-2013, 03:02 PM
Forsead

Douglas Murray would be a pretty nice catch.

Old
03-12-2013, 03:05 PM
Malefic74

Like the balance in the top 9, makes us harder to play against IMO. The obvious needs for a playoff run is a big d-man who can clear the crease and stop the low cycle, and a grit 4th liner who can play and keep up with the rest of the team.

For the latter I might target a guy like Ben Eager, signed to 2013-14 for 1.1 million. He's fast, hits and has some grit. Plus playoff experience with the Hawks on their Cup run.

As for the former, O'Byrne is probably the best pure defender you could go after, or maybe Adrian Aucoin from Columbus. Both are UFA after the season.

Old
03-12-2013, 03:08 PM
Jerky

What about Jagr?

We all know about his chemistry with Pleks, and it wouldn't cost much to get a 40 year old impending UFA to be, considering there's only 12 games left after the deadline.

Maybe for Weber and a pick. Weber will get ice time in Dallas as they desperately need some offense from the back end (their 8 D-men have a combined 5 goals this year, compared to 16 on MTL)

Old
Roulin

I'd be wary of trading what it would cost to acquire EKane. Not because of any character issues, but because his on-ice performance hasn't really improved over the last couple of years. At 19, he looked like a superstar in the making, but there hasn't been any upward trajectory since. I know he's still young. It's just tough to predict development when there hasn't been any in a while.

Old
DJ Breadman

We should add some more depth at forward and D, you can never have enough guys when your making a playoff run, if you make it to the cup final it's along haul

Old
03-12-2013, 03:09 PM
Habsfannick
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by hototogisu View Post
If that "plus plus" isn't one of Price, Subban, Pacioretty or Galchenyuk...good luck.
I don't think so... Quantity for quality good work for a team like the jets, toss in a good prospect and a first the interest should be there

Old
03-12-2013, 03:10 PM
CanadiensVault

I would love to get a guy like Alex Killorn (rookie down in Tampa). The guy can crash the net and score. He's the type of guy you want in the playoffs and he'd probably be cheap.

Old
03-12-2013, 03:11 PM
Hannibal
Brandon Prust FTW

Quote:
Originally Posted by CanadiensVault View Post
I would love to get a guy like Alex Killorn (rookie down in Tampa). The guy can crash the net and score. He's the type of guy you want in the playoffs and he'd probably be cheap.
Are you Alex Killorn?

Old
03-12-2013, 03:12 PM
Habsfannick
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Agree on everything but the cheap aspect, rookies especially from Tampa would be hard to get... With vinny and Marty getting really old they need a new wave

Old
03-12-2013, 03:17 PM
Forsead

We could use another guy like Prust for sure he's a total warrior, Derek Dorsett, Jared Boll, Cal Clutterbuck, Kyle Brodziak or maybe even David Clarkson ?

Old
03-12-2013, 03:22 PM
CanadiensVault

Quote:
Agree on everything but the cheap aspect, rookies especially from Tampa would be hard to get... With vinny and Marty getting really old they need a new wave
That's a valid point. The reason I think he might be cheap is it took him so long to be called up from the minors that maybe Tampa doesn't see him in their future?

Old
03-12-2013, 03:24 PM
Habsfannick
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
That's a valid point. The reason I think he might be cheap is it took him so long to be called up from the minors that maybe Tampa doesn't see him in their future?
Maybe but for a cup run you want a guy proven for this you know? Not a rookie for it

Old
03-12-2013, 03:29 PM
LePoche69

I have modest needs... Like I said earlier, I would be pretty happy if MB can grab Jan Hejda and Patrick Bordeleau from Colorado. The price would be way cheaper than everything we're discussing here, and those 2 players would play a role nobody is playing on the team right now. Perfect for the last stretch and a little cup run.

Old
No Team Needed

Maybe Montreal can get Brent Burns out of San Jose before they ruin him as a forward.

Old
Bronn
Registered Sellsword

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forsead View Post
We could use another guy like Prust for sure he's a total warrior, Derek Dorsett, Jared Boll, Cal Clutterbuck, Kyle Brodziak or maybe even David Clarkson ?
Clutterbuck or Boll would be great. Clutterbuck is a hitting machine who players hate to play against. And Boll is one tough SOB who can play a regular shift. He would take some load off Prust shoulders.

Nothing against Brodziak but i think Clutter or Boll would better fits. Clarkson is great but would cost too much and i expect him to re-sign with NJ anyway. And correct me if i'm wrong but i think Dorsett is done for the season (injured)

Old
03-12-2013, 03:30 PM
No Team Needed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flying Knee View Post
Clutterbuck or Boll would be great. Clutterbuck is a hitting machine who players hate to play against. And Boll is one tough SOB who can play a regular shift. He would take some load off Prust shoulders.

Nothing against Brodziak but i think Clutter or Boll would better fits. And Clarkson is great but would cost too much and i expect him to re-sign with NJ anyway.
Clutterbuck is just as hard to get out of Minnesota as Clarkson is to get out of New Jersey. Don't know why people think he's an easy target.

Old
03-12-2013, 03:31 PM
CanadiensVault

Quote:
Maybe but for a cup run you want a guy proven for this you know? Not a rookie for it
Well, in that case, to be honest I wouldn't go crazy at the deadline. Asking price for rentals would be way too high because too many teams are in the mix in this shortened season.

Old
03-12-2013, 03:31 PM
Habsfannick
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by LePoche69 View Post
I have modest needs... Like I said earlier, I would be pretty happy if MB can grab Jan Hejda and Patrick Bordeleau from Colorado. The price would be way cheaper than everything we're discussing here, and those 2 players would play a role nobody is playing on the team right now. Perfect for the last stretch and a little cup run.
Not as cheap as you'd think had extensive talks in a trade thread with avs fans they love bordeleau and we would have to give more then an enforcer is worth for him

Closed Thread