HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Toronto-Phoenix

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
03-12-2013, 10:32 AM
  #26
SexyJoffreyLupul
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Posts: 416
vCash: 500
What about :

Macarthur
kostka

for michalek?

SexyJoffreyLupul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-12-2013, 12:48 PM
  #27
7even
Moderator
Deus Ex Machina
 
7even's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Georgia
Country: United States
Posts: 7,949
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Avec Fromage View Post
Use your brain and consider the context next time. He's in the minors because he does not suit Carlyle's style.

Liles has been scratched in favour of shut down defencemen. Does that make him an 8th defenceman now?
Liles isn't playing because Carlye likes hitting the reefer before making his rosters. Connolly isn't because he can't play offense better than Bozak or Kadri, and can't play defense better than Grabovski or McClement.

Connolly could be playing in the NHL, Holzer should be playing in the AHL. As far as I'm concerned, they zero-sum. Still not going to get Michalek for that.

Connolly can play defense, Holzer attempts to play defense. Michalek does it better than them both.

7even is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-12-2013, 01:19 PM
  #28
BlueBaron
Registered User
 
BlueBaron's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Toronto, On
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,482
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by JoemAvs View Post
So he will stay with Toronto than...

Connolly was waived and not picked up IIRC. That means your best option is that the market has changed and that you will get a 6th or 7th at best for him. Or future considerations...
You speak with such authority overlooking two obvious flaws in your logic. One, his contract gets smaller every week so his cap hit will be fine for deadline deals. Two if we had to we could eat is entire salery and move him. Connolly is not in the AHL because he isn't an NHL player, he is there because he doesn't fit into our coach's system. The Lombardi deal might be a cgood comparrison on his trade value when the time comes, might even be higher as the market becomes more defined.

BlueBaron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-12-2013, 02:37 PM
  #29
TheNuge
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 334
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by 7even View Post
Had to double check and make sure there was only one Michalek on the Coyotes. Not a good deal at all.

Two AHLers and a 2nd for a top pairing defensemen. Yeah just not a good one.

Michalek was basically the value of a 7th defenseman on the penguins, he was garbage, he's all of a sudden a true top pairing defenseman...maybe on the coyotes.. Because they dont have depth beyond oel.. I wouldn't even speak of michalek in the top 40 defensemen in the league...

You might need to check your definition of a top pairing defenseman...then see guys like doughty, karlsson, weber, chara... And check your hat at the door.

Nuge

TheNuge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-12-2013, 02:39 PM
  #30
Phion Keneuf
Top Dawg Ent.
 
Phion Keneuf's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Vaughan, Ontario
Country: Italy
Posts: 27,906
vCash: 500
Michalek is not a top Dman ...

Phion Keneuf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-12-2013, 02:58 PM
  #31
morrielly
Registered User
 
morrielly's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: toronto
Posts: 493
vCash: 748
question to coyotes fans
which side do michalek/morris play?
thank you

morrielly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-12-2013, 03:31 PM
  #32
Kaibur
Registered User
 
Kaibur's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Phoenix, AZ
Posts: 1,413
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by morrielly View Post
question to coyotes fans
which side do michalek/morris play?
thank you
Both play the right side

Kaibur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-12-2013, 03:36 PM
  #33
Kimahri
Registered User
 
Kimahri's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Country: United States
Posts: 1,506
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Kimahri
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheNuge View Post
Michalek was basically the value of a 7th defenseman on the penguins, he was garbage, he's all of a sudden a true top pairing defenseman...maybe on the coyotes.. Because they dont have depth beyond oel.. I wouldn't even speak of michalek in the top 40 defensemen in the league...

You might need to check your definition of a top pairing defenseman...then see guys like doughty, karlsson, weber, chara... And check your hat at the door.

Nuge
Coyotes don't have defensive depth? This is news to me.

Kimahri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-12-2013, 03:44 PM
  #34
dredeye
BJ Elitist/Hipster
 
dredeye's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Country: Canada
Posts: 19,693
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheNuge View Post
Michalek was basically the value of a 7th defenseman on the penguins, he was garbage, he's all of a sudden a true top pairing defenseman...maybe on the coyotes.. Because they dont have depth beyond oel.. I wouldn't even speak of michalek in the top 40 defensemen in the league...

You might need to check your definition of a top pairing defenseman...then see guys like doughty, karlsson, weber, chara... And check your hat at the door.

Nuge
Just as an fyi top pairing dmen total 60 not 40. There are 30 teams and 2 play on the top pair for each team. Pretty simple math. BTW the OP was selling Holzer because he's played top pair minutes. Connoly is a scrub that can't stay healthy, Holzer is a tweener at this point and a 2nd doesn't do much and seeing as the Yotes are also trying to get into the playoffs it doesn't make sense for them to trade off a guy playing top minutes for them just for the sake of it. Nice of you to list elite dmen as examples though. But you bash their lack of depth at the d position in your opinion but get bent out of shape because that garbage package wasn't enough to entice their fans.

dredeye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-12-2013, 03:45 PM
  #35
Flamesarmstrong22
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Toronto
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,424
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by SexyJoffreyLupul View Post
What about :

Macarthur
kostka

for michalek?
I was actually going to propose this exact deal but instead I went with the other one.

Flamesarmstrong22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-12-2013, 03:50 PM
  #36
morrielly
Registered User
 
morrielly's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: toronto
Posts: 493
vCash: 748
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaibur View Post
Both play the right side
okay, now im interested,
what are the coyotes needs?

morrielly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-12-2013, 03:51 PM
  #37
rt
Usually Incorrect
 
rt's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: Rarely Sober
Country: United States
Posts: 41,888
vCash: 500
Some ridiculous posts in this thread. Michalek is a top pairing defender because he plays on Phoenix's top pairing at even strength and top pairing on the the PK. Top pairing defender. Pretty simple.

__________________
This poster should not be taken seriously under any circumstances.
rt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-12-2013, 04:01 PM
  #38
Phion Keneuf
Top Dawg Ent.
 
Phion Keneuf's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Vaughan, Ontario
Country: Italy
Posts: 27,906
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by rt View Post
Some ridiculous posts in this thread. Michalek is a top pairing defender because he plays on Phoenix's top pairing at even strength and top pairing on the the PK. Top pairing defender. Pretty simple.
So Holzer is a top pairing D! Why are we looking for one?

Phion Keneuf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-12-2013, 04:28 PM
  #39
helgo
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2010
Country: Czech_ Republic
Posts: 184
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phion Keneuf View Post
So Holzer is a top pairing D! Why are we looking for one?
Beats me. Maybe because you guys aren't satisfied with his play, that isn't the case with Coyotes and Michalek, so i don't see a problem with keeping that garbage 8th defenseman on first pairing with OEL ...

helgo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-12-2013, 05:28 PM
  #40
Shepard
Registered User
 
Shepard's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Posts: 781
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phion Keneuf View Post
So Holzer is a top pairing D! Why are we looking for one?
Michalek has actually been great on the top pairing. Can you say the same about Holzer?

Shepard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-12-2013, 06:33 PM
  #41
KesselLooksLikeRadar*
The People's Champ
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Ottawa
Country: Canada
Posts: 4,600
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by rt View Post
Some ridiculous posts in this thread. Michalek is a top pairing defender because he plays on Phoenix's top pairing at even strength and top pairing on the the PK. Top pairing defender. Pretty simple.
Inclined to agree here, tbh. Whoever said that Phoenix doesn't have defensive depth is just ridiculous. I would love to have Morris; but I'd list our untouchables for him as Kessel, Lupul, JVR, Kadri, Gardiner, Reilly, Phaneuf and our first. (I'm probably missing someone here)

If the Coyotes fall out of playoff contention, can any deal be realistically done?

KesselLooksLikeRadar* is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:07 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.