HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Islanders
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Anders Lee on HockeyFuture Today (Signed 2 year ELC)

Old
03-12-2012, 08:34 PM
SLAPSHOT723
Look out!!!

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yashin for President View Post
get him signed!! Anything is better than Pandolfo
Really? Come on, I love Anders Lee as a prospect but throwing him in the NHL would be a terrible idea.

SLAPSHOT723 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-12-2012, 08:59 PM
cjdv16

Quote:
Originally Posted by SLAPSHOT723 View Post
Really? Come on, I love Anders Lee as a prospect but throwing him in the NHL would be a terrible idea.
Agreed.

A game or two maybe to appease the guy, but get him signed -- first and foremost -- and then get him in BST.

cjdv16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-13-2012, 12:16 AM
Yashin for President

Was being sarcastic, but I would love for the Isles to sign him. Size and speed with decent hands? Um, yes please.

Yashin for President is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-12-2013, 12:09 PM
Lenain22

Do he have any NHL futur and how he will translate his game in the NHL ?

Lenain22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-12-2013, 12:17 PM
Homeland Security
Mod Supervisor
HFBoards

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lenain22 View Post
Do he have any NHL futur and how he will translate his game in the NHL ?
I believe we're waiting to see if he signs. He looks promising.

03-12-2013, 12:34 PM
Degeneration Rex

CCHA play-offs this weekend, Bowling Green at Notre Dame.

Degeneration Rex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-12-2013, 03:32 PM
ferrisUML

He's also a Jr. this year, so don't think he turns pro till the end of next season. Which case, why would he not opt for FA?

ferrisUML is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-12-2013, 03:39 PM
BillD

Quote:
Originally Posted by ferrisUML View Post
He's also a Jr. this year, so don't think he turns pro till the end of next season. Which case, why would he not opt for FA?
Think he played 1 year of USHL so this would be his 4th (FA eligible) year since draft.

BillD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-12-2013, 05:31 PM
YearlyLottery

I hope he doesn't get away from us.

Just get this kid signed already..

YearlyLottery is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-12-2013, 05:46 PM
ferrisUML

Quote:
Originally Posted by BillD View Post
Think he played 1 year of USHL so this would be his 4th (FA eligible) year since draft.
IMO, no way he signs. Hell complete his last year at ND then be a free agent. I thought he made comments about wanting to ckmplete his education, but I hope im wrong.

This loophole completely sucks. Its too risky for teams to draft players that have college aspirations and that's unfortunate.

ferrisUML is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-12-2013, 05:50 PM
ichabod13

Quote:
lots of guys leave school after their junior year just to get a pay check. so its not a real far fetched idea on his part.

im not saying either way what he will do, but if he tears up the NCAA this year, why not cash in on it?

( for all i know, he could have a very deep rooted hatred for the islanders and stay in school just to screw them......)

ichabod13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-12-2013, 06:56 PM
Seph

Send a message via AIM to Seph
Quote:
IMO, no way he signs. Hell complete his last year at ND then be a free agent. I thought he made comments about wanting to ckmplete his education, but I hope im wrong.

This loophole completely sucks. Its too risky for teams to draft players that have college aspirations and that's unfortunate.
It's not really a loophole or risky. Drafting a player who isn't going to go to college means you need to sign them within 2 years or lose their rights. And no matter where they are playing, they can be UFA four years after being drafted if they haven't signed.

Seph is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-17-2013, 08:47 PM
ziggy7716

In today's Newsday Staple had a blurb about Anders Lee and Mayfield. He said chances are if the Islanders sign Lee he would probably join the team. I agree with him. Signing Lee will be tough, I think Snow would have to give him first round money and promise him he will play for the Islanders this season. Kid seems to be NHL ready so I wouldn't have any qualms with that. Question is though, where would he fit in? Would they scratch Bailey/Okposo etc or trade one of them?

ziggy7716 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-17-2013, 09:00 PM
boredmale

Quote:
Originally Posted by ziggy7716 View Post
In today's Newsday Staple had a blurb about Anders Lee and Mayfield. He said chances are if the Islanders sign Lee he would probably join the team. I agree with him. Signing Lee will be tough, I think Snow would have to give him first round money and promise him he will play for the Islanders this season. Kid seems to be NHL ready so I wouldn't have any qualms with that. Question is though, where would he fit in? Would they scratch Bailey/Okposo etc or trade one of them?
The only thing about Lee playing for us is how do you feel if you are Nino or Brock Nelson working your butt off in Bridgeport only to have him come and earn a spot right away

It could be a double edged sword for the Islanders if they in the playoff race, basically do you want some unproven rookie to come here and play in games that mean something but if you don't give him that free pass good chance he waits a couple months to become a UFA. If I am the Islanders and still in the playoff hunt by April 3 I basically trade Lee

boredmale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-17-2013, 09:02 PM
ziggy7716

Quote:
Originally Posted by boredmale View Post
The only thing about Lee playing for us is how do you feel if you are Nino or Brock Nelson working your butt off in Bridgeport only to have him come and earn a spot right away
I totally agree with you. However, Snow has to do anything he can to get Lee signed. I personally don't see Nelson being bothered by it but considering how Nino responded to not being invited to camp I can see him getting pretty angry. Regardless, I think Lee is NHL ready. He's a big strong kid. Captain of his team, seems pretty mature.

Old
03-17-2013, 09:19 PM
19NYSports91

Quote:
I would think Anders Lee will start out on the 3rd/4th line, no?

19NYSports91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-17-2013, 09:25 PM
ziggy7716

Quote:
Originally Posted by 19NYSports91 View Post
I would think Anders Lee will start out on the 3rd/4th line, no?

I was thinking that but then again that's what they did with Nino and look what that did to him. Lee is a offensive player. I don't think playing him with the Reasoner's of the world will do anything for him. At this point I think Lee could contribute more then Bailey and Okposo if he played 2nd line with Frans.

Old
03-17-2013, 09:49 PM
kasper11

Quote:
I was thinking that but then again that's what they did with Nino and look what that did to him. Lee is a offensive player. I don't think playing him with the Reasoner's of the world will do anything for him. At this point I think Lee could contribute more then Bailey and Okposo if he played 2nd line with Frans.
You are talking about 5-8 games...I'm not to worried about the effect on his development

kasper11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-17-2013, 09:51 PM
seafoam

Quote:
Originally Posted by boredmale View Post

It could be a double edged sword for the Islanders if they in the playoff race, basically do you want some unproven rookie to come here and play in games that mean something but if you don't give him that free pass good chance he waits a couple months to become a UFA. If I am the Islanders and still in the playoff hunt by April 3 I basically trade Lee
Lee is older than John Tavares, it's not like he was drafted last year.

seafoam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-17-2013, 10:02 PM
scott99

If Lee is signed and goes straight to the Isles, what number does he wear ? Wore #9 in high school, wore #9 at Notre Dame, and the Isles have retired #9. BTW, if they sign him and he plays right away, with Joensuu and Lee added to the lineup, what great size they add to a rather wimpy lineup.

scott99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-17-2013, 10:03 PM
luki here

Quote:
I totally agree with you. However, Snow has to do anything he can to get Lee signed. I personally don't see Nelson being bothered by it but considering how Nino responded to not being invited to camp I can see him getting pretty angry. Regardless, I think Lee is NHL ready. He's a big strong kid. Captain of his team, seems pretty mature.
i think they could make a point out of starting lee on the 4th line. not like nino or nelson would benefit from that at this point of their development. if thats what lee wants? but i guess he waits another year, gets a finished education and earns good bonuses the year after.

luki here is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-17-2013, 11:40 PM
thedonger

Quote:
Originally Posted by scott99 View Post
If Lee is signed and goes straight to the Isles, what number does he wear ? Wore #9 in high school, wore #9 at Notre Dame, and the Isles have retired #9. BTW, if they sign him and he plays right away, with Joensuu and Lee added to the lineup, what great size they add to a rather wimpy lineup.
99?

thedonger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-17-2013, 11:50 PM
ziggy7716

Denver got eliminated today so I would assume if Mayfield is going to sign it will be soon.

Notre Dame advanced. They play Ohio State on the 23rd. So Lee won't be signing until next week at the earliest.

Old
03-18-2013, 04:54 AM
InformTheMasses

Quote:
Denver got eliminated today so I would assume if Mayfield is going to sign it will be soon.

Notre Dame advanced. They play Ohio State on the 23rd. So Lee won't be signing until next week at the earliest.
Denver isn't eliminated just yet, they can still get an at-large bid (they probably will). You won't see anyone signing until after the field is announced. If Notre Dame wins their next game against OSU they probably will earn an at-large bid as well.

InformTheMasses is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-18-2013, 06:24 AM
Wanderson

Quote:
Originally Posted by scott99 View Post
I think he will wear #90. Still got an 9 in it - and he is born '90. Now I just really hope that he is going to sign. Give him first round money, and a spot in the NHL. I'm so high on this dude.

Wanderson is online now   Reply With Quote