HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Habs on Tradecentre Part 2 (Who do you want at the deadline/in free agency?)

Closed Thread

Old
03-12-2013, 03:35 PM
No Team Needed

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Habsfannick View Post
Not as cheap as you'd think had extensive talks in a trade thread with avs fans they love bordeleau and we would have to give more then an enforcer is worth for him
You mean like Dallas Stars fans expect at least a first in return for Michael Ryder?

Old
03-12-2013, 03:35 PM
LePoche69

Quote:
Not as cheap as you'd think had extensive talks in a trade thread with avs fans they love bordeleau and we would have to give more then an enforcer is worth for him
I didn't say it would be cheap. It's never cheap at the deadline. I said it would be way cheaper than what would cost the players we're discussing in this thread.

Old
03-12-2013, 03:37 PM
Bieber fever

how about that kid Dalton Prout from Columbus ? ( just saw that on another website)

22 years old , 6'3 219 lbs RH dman

Old
03-12-2013, 03:39 PM
Habsfannick
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by LePoche69 View Post
I didn't say it would be cheap. It's never cheap at the deadline. I said it would be way cheaper than what would cost the players we're discussing in this thread.
Probably would be but would still be relatively expensive

Old
03-12-2013, 03:40 PM
Roulin

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJ Breadman View Post
We should add some more depth at forward and D, you can never have enough guys when your making a playoff run, if you make it to the cup final it's along haul
In favor of adding depth at D rather than at F:

Therrien has shown that he has no confidence in Kaberle, Weber, or anyone else outside the top 6D. When forced to use one them, they often get very little ice tie in the 3rd period, and seldom get consecutive games. At F, in contrast, he has not hesitated to promote reserve forwards.

For example, against Florida, Dumont played 12:38, Pateryn played 12:36. Against Tampa, Dumont played 9:38, Pateryn played 9:13. In a healthy lineup, Dumont is probably our 15th F, whereas Therrien is choosing to play Pateryn over Kaberle.

It's also easier in general to just allocate more minutes to middle six forwards than to allocate more minutes to middle pairing dmen. If forward depth gets depleted to the point where the 11 & 12F are AHL'ers that can't hold their own, the Ellers and Gallaghers of the lineup can easily play more than the 13-15min/g they've averaged. The top 5 D are already averaging over 20min/g, and Bouillon is at 18min/g - other than iron man Subban, I don't think it would be wise to push their minutes too much. Luckily we haven't had more than one dman injured at a time. Two Pateryns in the lineup would be difficult to compensate for.

Old
03-12-2013, 03:41 PM
Bronn
Registered Sellsword

Quote:
Originally Posted by No Team Needed View Post
Clutterbuck is just as hard to get out of Minnesota as Clarkson is to get out of New Jersey. Don't know why people think he's an easy target.
Well yeah he's going to cost more than a guy like Boll for sure. But he's a guy i wouldn't mind paying a bit more for if we can re-sign him. He's what i call an industrial bottom six winger. One of my favorite grinder in the league

Old
03-12-2013, 03:44 PM
hogtownhabsfan*

Just give me a legit heavyweight who can play a regular shift on the 4th line. For Army/Moen/White and a pick.

Pacioretty-Desharnais-Gallagher
Bourque-Eller-Ryder
Galchenyuk-Plekanec-Gionta
Prust-Moen/White/Army/HEAVY

Gorges-Subban
Markov-Emelin
Diaz/Boullion/Kaberle/Tinordi/Pateryn

Price
Budaj

Old
03-12-2013, 04:00 PM
Habsfannick
HFBoards Sponsor

So the consensus seems like the biggest need is a tough, crease clearer who can drop them when he has too and a 3-4th line grinder/heavyweight who can fight and play decent shifts

Dyou guys think it would be wise to get them both from the same team? Do we save value on that kind of like a buying in bulk option?

Old
03-12-2013, 04:04 PM
Malefic74

Quote:
Originally Posted by LePoche69 View Post
I have modest needs... Like I said earlier, I would be pretty happy if MB can grab Jan Hejda and Patrick Bordeleau from Colorado. The price would be way cheaper than everything we're discussing here, and those 2 players would play a role nobody is playing on the team right now. Perfect for the last stretch and a little cup run.
Hejda is a nice player, but he's signed for two more seasons at 3.25. O'Byrne is the better target as his UFA status doesn't tie up a roster spot if any of the kids are ready to step up next season. The catch being that the return of ROR and Landeskog from injury doesn't get the Avs back in the playoff conversation....

Old
03-12-2013, 04:09 PM
No Team Needed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Malefic74 View Post
Hejda is a nice player, but he's signed for two more seasons at 3.25. O'Byrne is the better target as his UFA status doesn't tie up a roster spot if any of the kids are ready to step up next season. The catch being that the return of ROR and Landeskog from injury doesn't get the Avs back in the playoff conversation....
O'Byrne is terrible. I mean if you want Bergevin to trade for a guy Therrien will surely bench, be my guest to hope for such silly things.

Old
03-12-2013, 04:27 PM
rockjngo

guys its just not about players with size.
its about a bigger body who can play hockey.
i don't want to get prospects or marginal nhl players.
we need to trade for an impact player. aka Prust

Old
03-12-2013, 04:34 PM
Dagistitsyn

Maxwell for Lucic

Stewart or Simmonds would more than likely be worth the asking price. I wanted the Habs to get either of those guys back when Stewart was in Colorado and Simmonds was in LA. Everyone said theres no way they would ever be traded. The price would obviously be high, but they're young and fill a need long term.

Old
03-12-2013, 04:44 PM
Mats NAslund

vCash: 50
Moen and 3rd or 4th for Jagr

Jagr Plekanec Gionta
Gallagher Desharnais Paciorety
Bourque Galchenyuk Ryder
Prust White Armstrong

Old
03-12-2013, 04:48 PM
YMCMBeaulieu
A$AP MICHEL

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mats NAslund View Post

Jagr Plekanec Gionta
Bourque Galchenyuk Ryder
Prust White Armstrong
Eller..?

Old
03-12-2013, 04:49 PM
No Team Needed

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2 Chainz View Post
Eller..?
He has Jagr playing left wing. Best not to respond.

Old
03-12-2013, 04:52 PM
Marc-E-

And Ottawa gets Matt Kassian in exchange of a 6rnd draft pick 2014.

Old
03-12-2013, 04:53 PM
Roulin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mats NAslund View Post

Jagr Plekanec Gionta
Bourque Galchenyuk Ryder
Prust White Armstrong
If Dallas is in playoff contention, would they trade Jagr? If they aren't, would the better rebuilding move be trading for Moen and a 3rd or trading for a 1st?

Old
03-12-2013, 05:00 PM
CN_paladin

Quote:
Originally Posted by hogtownhabsfan View Post
Just give me a legit heavyweight who can play a regular shift on the 4th line. For Army/Moen/White and a pick.

Pacioretty-Desharnais-Gallagher
Bourque-Eller-Ryder
Galchenyuk-Plekanec-Gionta
Prust-Moen/White/Army/HEAVY

Gorges-Subban
Markov-Emelin
Diaz/Boullion/Kaberle/Tinordi/Pateryn

Price
Budaj
Boll wouldn't be hard to get as Columbus' odds of making the playoffs are very slim.

Old
03-12-2013, 06:14 PM
Marc the Habs Fan
Ours!

vCash: 597
Quote:
Originally Posted by No Team Needed View Post
Maybe Montreal can get Brent Burns out of San Jose before they ruin him as a forward.
Holy ****, I thought you were kidding or thinking of the early part of his career in MIN, but they really are playing him at forward right now. Wow.

That's a guy I'd try to buy low on for sure.

Oh wait, his contract is huge, 4 more years @ 5.760 M. Yikes.

Old
03-12-2013, 06:27 PM
Marc Bergevins Suit
Realistic Hab Fan

vCash: 246
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marc the Habs Fan View Post
Holy ****, I thought you were kidding or thinking of the early part of his career in MIN, but they really are playing him at forward right now. Wow.

That's a guy I'd try to buy low on for sure.

Oh wait, his contract is huge, 4 more years @ 5.760 M. Yikes.
Being from Brampton i used to watch a ton of Battalion games and when Brent was playing there he was a forward and an absolute beast FWIW.

Not saying i agree with the move but there is a history a success there.

Old
03-12-2013, 06:28 PM
Nolan11

Quote:
So the consensus seems like the biggest need is a tough, crease clearer who can drop them when he has too and a 3-4th line grinder/heavyweight who can fight and play decent shifts

Dyou guys think it would be wise to get them both from the same team? Do we save value on that kind of like a buying in bulk option?
Posted this in your Heavy weight thread, Sharks 2 for 1. Make us an offer on Clowe + Murray.

Old
03-12-2013, 06:32 PM
schwartzy

The person I want from SJ is Clowe. I've wanted him on MTL for the past four or five years. People here complain about his skating but whatever. Yah he's not a great skater. But, there's not many players in the league who can get 40-50 pts per year, accumulate 100+ mins in penalties, play literally in every situation (& on any line), not to mention drop 'em with the toughest in the league. I will honestly cry if he ends up in Bos or TO.

IMO, he is exactly what this team needs. (another stay-at-home dman would be great too)

Old
03-12-2013, 06:58 PM
Habsfannick
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nolan11 View Post
Posted this in your Heavy weight thread, Sharks 2 for 1. Make us an offer on Clowe + Murray.
They would both fit the need and get discussed a lot, but if you've read into both threads you'll see we aren't gonna mortgage our future so don't expect a home run of a steal for you guys I think fair value is possible but it would have to depend on what exactly you guys want I was thinking decent prospect+ a 3rd or roster player like moen (signed long term) + a 2nd

Old
03-12-2013, 07:06 PM
Garry Valk

Quote:
Originally Posted by schwartzy View Post
The person I want from SJ is Clowe. I've wanted him on MTL for the past four or five years. People here complain about his skating but whatever. Yah he's not a great skater. But, there's not many players in the league who can get 40-50 pts per year, accumulate 100+ mins in penalties, play literally in every situation (& on any line), not to mention drop 'em with the toughest in the league. I will honestly cry if he ends up in Bos or TO.

IMO, he is exactly what this team needs. (another stay-at-home dman would be great too)
100% agree. Been saying it here for years. Clowe is EXACTLY what we need. Lebrun's rumour has me really hopeful.

Old
03-12-2013, 07:09 PM
Bieber fever

I don't want Murray and Clowe...they are both extremely slow and won't fit with the team quick transition.They are also both in their 30's (30 for clowe ,33 for muray) and it's look like they are regressing every year.With the price tag i think it's a big no from the habs.

I might consider Clowe only ( maybe a change of scenario will help him ) , but no for both.

Closed Thread