HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Edmonton Oilers
Notices

Shawn Horcoff

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
12-21-2003, 08:38 AM
  #1
Brock
Moderator
 
Brock's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Oakville
Posts: 9,393
vCash: 500
Shawn Horcoff

He seems to be playing a ton lately (the past week or two). Is he finally coming out of his funk, that he started the season in.

What do you Oilers fans think of him now (at the beginning of the season, he was essentially your whipping boy and was getting tossed around on this site). Do you think that he can become a good two way second line center?

__________________
OHL Prospects Blog - http://ohlprospects.blogspot.com/
OHL Prospects on Twitter - @BrockOtten
Brock is offline  
Old
12-21-2003, 09:09 AM
  #2
Lowetide
Registered User
 
Lowetide's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Country: Canada
Posts: 13,281
vCash: 500
I don't know what happened to him out of the gate this year, whether it was the off season regimen or the hip injury at camp or a combination of the two.

He is playing much better, his plus minus was coming along before last night (I thought he was no longer the worst minus on the team,although that may have changed).

I like his play,always have.

Lowetide is offline  
Old
12-21-2003, 09:43 AM
  #3
woody
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Posts: 491
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brock
He seems to be playing a ton lately (the past week or two). Is he finally coming out of his funk, that he started the season in.

What do you Oilers fans think of him now (at the beginning of the season, he was essentially your whipping boy and was getting tossed around on this site). Do you think that he can become a good two way second line center?
Horcoff has played better of late but second line center over a whole year no. His value to the team is a good 4th liner and a player that can be moved between lines for a short period of time. See Rem Murray's career.

woody is offline  
Old
12-22-2003, 01:01 AM
  #4
choppystride
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Posts: 471
vCash: 500
My observation: he seemed to have put on too much upper body bulk, too much for his lower body to handle. As a result, he doesn't have the explosiveness he had before. He looked slow and clumsy at times. I think he just need to re-tune his body a bit and he should be fine.

Just my 2 cents.

choppystride is offline  
Old
12-22-2003, 01:28 AM
  #5
Yanner39
Registered User
 
Yanner39's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Location: Ottawa ON
Country: Canada
Posts: 5,334
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by choppystride
My observation: he seemed to have put on too much upper body bulk, too much for his lower body to handle. As a result, he doesn't have the explosiveness he had before. He looked slow and clumsy at times. I think he just need to re-tune his body a bit and he should be fine.

Just my 2 cents.
Funny you should mention that because I thought he looks weak on the puck. He gets tossed around like a rag doll and rarely wins a battle to a lose puck on the boards. That being said, he is playing alot better using his speed and all.

Yanner39 is offline  
Old
12-22-2003, 06:52 AM
  #6
copperaddict
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Location: City of Champions
Posts: 485
vCash: 500
I haven't noticed anything that would make him stay in the lineup when Reasoner returns!Stoll is a much more complete player with alot more upside IMO.

copperaddict is offline  
Old
12-22-2003, 07:20 AM
  #7
ZIM
Guest
 
Country:
Posts: n/a
vCash:
Quote:
Originally Posted by copperaddict
I haven't noticed anything that would make him stay in the lineup when Reasoner returns!Stoll is a much more complete player with alot more upside IMO.
MacT plays Horcoff on the PP and PK. He will ship Stoll to Toronto before he sits Horcoff.

 
Old
12-22-2003, 11:08 AM
  #8
FacelessButcher
Registered User
 
FacelessButcher's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: Edmonton
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,201
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZIM
MacT plays Horcoff on the PP and PK. He will ship Stoll to Toronto before he sits Horcoff.
Horcoff is pretty good on the Lw I could see them sending Chimera to the PB, MacT really likes Stoll and Horcoff's games I am sure he will try to keep them both in the line-up if he can.

FacelessButcher is offline  
Old
12-22-2003, 11:10 AM
  #9
t0mf00lery
Registered User
 
t0mf00lery's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: Barrie, Ontario
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,857
vCash: 500
Stoll can also play the RW, so I can see MacT sending BG or Pisani to the PB as well ans playing Stoll on the RW with Horcoff.

t0mf00lery is offline  
Old
12-22-2003, 11:28 AM
  #10
bfan
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2003
Posts: 26
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by copperaddict
I haven't noticed anything that would make him stay in the lineup when Reasoner returns!Stoll is a much more complete player with alot more upside IMO.
But with Horcoff being one of the very few guys who's stepped it up, would you just yank him out of the lineup? Doesn't make sense to me. Jeepers, there's a lot of decisions to be made when Reasoner and Pisani get in the lineup.

bfan is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:46 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.