HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Edmonton Oilers
Notices

Shawn Horcoff

Closed Thread

Old
12-21-2003, 08:38 AM
Brock

vCash: 500
Shawn Horcoff

He seems to be playing a ton lately (the past week or two). Is he finally coming out of his funk, that he started the season in.

What do you Oilers fans think of him now (at the beginning of the season, he was essentially your whipping boy and was getting tossed around on this site). Do you think that he can become a good two way second line center?

Old
12-21-2003, 09:09 AM
Lowetide

I don't know what happened to him out of the gate this year, whether it was the off season regimen or the hip injury at camp or a combination of the two.

He is playing much better, his plus minus was coming along before last night (I thought he was no longer the worst minus on the team,although that may have changed).

I like his play,always have.

Old
12-21-2003, 09:43 AM
woody

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brock
He seems to be playing a ton lately (the past week or two). Is he finally coming out of his funk, that he started the season in.

What do you Oilers fans think of him now (at the beginning of the season, he was essentially your whipping boy and was getting tossed around on this site). Do you think that he can become a good two way second line center?
Horcoff has played better of late but second line center over a whole year no. His value to the team is a good 4th liner and a player that can be moved between lines for a short period of time. See Rem Murray's career.

Old
12-22-2003, 01:01 AM
choppystride

My observation: he seemed to have put on too much upper body bulk, too much for his lower body to handle. As a result, he doesn't have the explosiveness he had before. He looked slow and clumsy at times. I think he just need to re-tune his body a bit and he should be fine.

Just my 2 cents.

Old
12-22-2003, 01:28 AM
Yanner39

Quote:
Originally Posted by choppystride
My observation: he seemed to have put on too much upper body bulk, too much for his lower body to handle. As a result, he doesn't have the explosiveness he had before. He looked slow and clumsy at times. I think he just need to re-tune his body a bit and he should be fine.

Just my 2 cents.
Funny you should mention that because I thought he looks weak on the puck. He gets tossed around like a rag doll and rarely wins a battle to a lose puck on the boards. That being said, he is playing alot better using his speed and all.

Old
12-22-2003, 06:52 AM
copperaddict

I haven't noticed anything that would make him stay in the lineup when Reasoner returns!Stoll is a much more complete player with alot more upside IMO.

Old
12-22-2003, 07:20 AM
ZIM

vCash:
Quote:
Originally Posted by copperaddict
I haven't noticed anything that would make him stay in the lineup when Reasoner returns!Stoll is a much more complete player with alot more upside IMO.
MacT plays Horcoff on the PP and PK. He will ship Stoll to Toronto before he sits Horcoff.

Old
12-22-2003, 11:08 AM
FacelessButcher

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZIM
MacT plays Horcoff on the PP and PK. He will ship Stoll to Toronto before he sits Horcoff.
Horcoff is pretty good on the Lw I could see them sending Chimera to the PB, MacT really likes Stoll and Horcoff's games I am sure he will try to keep them both in the line-up if he can.

Old
12-22-2003, 11:10 AM
t0mf00lery

Stoll can also play the RW, so I can see MacT sending BG or Pisani to the PB as well ans playing Stoll on the RW with Horcoff.

Old
12-22-2003, 11:28 AM
bfan

Quote:
Originally Posted by copperaddict
But with Horcoff being one of the very few guys who's stepped it up, would you just yank him out of the lineup? Doesn't make sense to me. Jeepers, there's a lot of decisions to be made when Reasoner and Pisani get in the lineup.

Closed Thread