HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > Fantasy Hockey Talk > Mock Drafts
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Mock Drafts Mock drafts for fun and fantasy here.

2013 NHL Mock Draft: The Next Ones Winter Edition

Old
02-24-2013, 05:01 PM
chrisralph007
HFB Partner

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by DuckJet View Post
We go to the Stanley Cup finals and score Robert Hagg at the draft?!? Pinch me.
Long ways to go before Cup finals, but yes Hagg would be quite the pick up.

chrisralph007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-25-2013, 09:12 PM
Hockeyplayer9723

I see buffalo continuing to suck this year, and getting drouin as i dont believe they will get first pick unless they win the lottery which means jones will probably be gone. I see a line for the next 10+ years of: LW- Drouin C- Grigorenko RW- Armia. I hope they sell at the deadline this season and pick up first round picks as this draft is deep. Any thoughts?

Hockeyplayer9723 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-26-2013, 10:01 AM
chrisralph007
HFB Partner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hockeyplayer9723 View Post
I see buffalo continuing to suck this year, and getting drouin as i dont believe they will get first pick unless they win the lottery which means jones will probably be gone. I see a line for the next 10+ years of: LW- Drouin C- Grigorenko RW- Armia. I hope they sell at the deadline this season and pick up first round picks as this draft is deep. Any thoughts?
Would be a very interesting and potentially effective line combination. Grigs is a very talented player, obviously, with high end hockey sense. Armia size and sniping ability would make this a dangerous trio.

Old
02-26-2013, 12:04 PM
Hull Fan
trou du cul rapide

Think all things being equal Dallas would take Ristolainen instead of Morrissey. They have a penchant for European defenders and a preference for size. Unless Morrissey is hands down better, and I haven't seen any indication of that, Dallas will take the big Finn.

Last edited by Hull Fan: 02-26-2013 at 12:12 PM.
Hull Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-28-2013, 09:36 AM
chrisralph007
HFB Partner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hull Fan View Post
Think all things being equal Dallas would take Ristolainen instead of Morrissey. They have a penchant for European defenders and a preference for size. Unless Morrissey is hands down better, and I haven't seen any indication of that, Dallas will take the big Finn.
Not as easy a decision as you might think, but I could also see that going down of course. Ristolainen could also go a lot higher if a team really covets him as some scouting services do.

I'm admittedly partial to Morrisey as when I have seen him live, he has been absolute dynamite.

Old
03-02-2013, 09:07 AM
GoBlue99

As a Senators fan, I would love to get Darnell Nurse! You can't have too many big, nasty defensemen.

GoBlue99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-07-2013, 05:15 PM
chrisralph007
HFB Partner

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoBlue99 View Post
As a Senators fan, I would love to get Darnell Nurse! You can't have too many big, nasty defensemen.
True enough, GoBlue99 - he'd look good as a Sen and maybe even a future partner for Karlsson, somewhere along the way.

Old
03-11-2013, 08:06 AM
greenstickytoes

I would like Montreal to get Ryan Hartman. a 5'11'' 185lbs RW
that loves to play the body and that has great leadership to his game.
a Mike Richards type player. brings grit, leadership and a decent amount
of scoring ability with a good skate.

greenstickytoes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-12-2013, 01:35 PM
DK28

Darnell Nurse will be picked higher than people think IMO.

He is the type of player teams fall in love with. Very competitive in a big athletic frame, skates very well, mobile, great in the transition game creating offence. An identity player make it tough to play against them. Seems to have a buzz about him since the Top Prospects game.

Every year there seems to be one guy that moves up and surprises like Griffen Reinhart last year, and the Lindholm pick with Anaheim. He is a guy that someone will reach for and hope they hit a home run. and they just might.

I could see Buffalo taking a chance on him at #5, after the top 4 are gone. They need defence badly, especially since Myers needs to get back on track.

DK28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-12-2013, 04:33 PM
HockeySensible
Smug Teuvo

Quote:
Originally Posted by K9 View Post
-Love that the Leafs get Kirby Rychel.
-Surprised you had Klimer at 24. As a Pats fan, I'm happy for him, he deserves to go that high, he's a great player.
-Hawks getting Petan makes a lot of sense. Low risk, High reward.
I don't know that I'd say it's low-risk. A 1st round pick is still a 1st round pick, even if it's the last in the round. Petan seems like a great offensive player (haven't seen him play), but at that size it's tough to use a 1st round pick on him when Chicago has alot of forward prospects (Saad, Teravainen, McNeill, Danault, K/J.Hayes, Pirri, Morin, etc) and not many D prospects (Clendening, Johns, Olsen, Fournier, etc).

I think Chicago goes with a Dman in the 1st round, unless a great forward falls into their lap.

HockeySensible is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-12-2013, 05:38 PM
Kurdt Kobain
1967-1994

Quote:
Originally Posted by HossTheBoss View Post
I don't know that I'd say it's low-risk. A 1st round pick is still a 1st round pick, even if it's the last in the round. Petan seems like a great offensive player (haven't seen him play), but at that size it's tough to use a 1st round pick on him when Chicago has alot of forward prospects (Saad, Teravainen, McNeill, Danault, K/J.Hayes, Pirri, Morin, etc) and not many D prospects (Clendening, Johns, Olsen, Fournier, etc).

I think Chicago goes with a Dman in the 1st round, unless a great forward falls into their lap.
I know he's taken by Vancouver in this mock, but i've always thought that Artturi Lehkonen would be a good fit for Chicago.

Kurdt Kobain is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-13-2013, 05:25 PM
HockeySensible
Smug Teuvo

Quote:
Originally Posted by rey72335 View Post
I know he's taken by Vancouver in this mock, but i've always thought that Artturi Lehkonen would be a good fit for Chicago.
If Lehkonen falls that far, I'd have no problem with Chicago taking him there. I too think he'd be a good fit in Chicago and him and Teuvo could play on a line together in the WJC next year.

HockeySensible is offline   Reply With Quote