HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Florida Panthers
Notices

The official All things "club red" thread (not food inclusive)

Old
03-10-2013, 01:15 PM
Lola
Future Panthers

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by RainingRats View Post
The whole point is to make it exclusive. You'll water down the exclusivity if you do that.
The 'exclusive' part that the current STHs seem to take the most advantage of is the bar. So why not just make THAT their "Club Red"? It's that, or close the club down during the actual game play and force them to take a seat.

I'm sorry, but a few hundred 'exclusive' STHs are making the rest of the organization look ridiculous. It's cutting off our nose to spite our face.

Lola is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-10-2013, 01:21 PM
RainingRats

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lola View Post
The 'exclusive' part that the current STHs seem to take the most advantage of is the bar. So why not just make THAT their "Club Red"? It's that, or close the club down during the actual game play and force them to take a seat.

I'm sorry, but a few hundred 'exclusive' STHs are making the rest of the organization look ridiculous. It's cutting off our nose to spite our face.
This is a corporate business thing (which is why it's so empty) and some STHs. It's not for the typical STH at all. You cant close it down or force people to their seats either. The empty appearance of the seats suck but that's not a real issue. It just looks bad.

Again, these are busineses/corporate seats with a smaller portion of regular people. It makes money if they sell enough seats. It may look bad on TV but all they have to do is switch the cameras to the other side of the rink like they do in Edmonton.

RainingRats is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-10-2013, 01:25 PM
adam graves
Panthers 17yr sth

Quote:

Club red is going to be around along time.

Yormark is not going to retreat after borrowing 7 million on this concept. It would have to fail for 5,6,7 years.

I see them doing more inseat ideas to get the fans to sit, maybe iPad like devices in the seats and waitress service. Thats what i would do to get those fat arses to sit.

They clearly made 2 mistakes; its on the wrong side and they should have done a jumbotron for the masses lst.

That said, hes not apologizing for trying to maximize the owners profits.

adam graves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-10-2013, 01:46 PM
Lola
Future Panthers

As a business owner myself, I *get* the profit thing. I'm just saying that there has to be a way to make the optics of this debacle look better. If I wanted to purchase the Club Red tix for MY corporation, and I wasn't really a FAN of the team, one look at the empty seats night after night would NOT be a big selling point for me. The team's record sure the hell isn't a selling point, and the food just isn't good enough for dropping that kind of money.

RR suggested moving the cameras. That would probably be the most cost-effective way to improve the team's national/international optics.

I agree re: the jumbotron. Perhaps the club could use a portion of Club Red sales to purchase a new one.

Lola is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-10-2013, 02:02 PM
adam graves
Panthers 17yr sth

Quote:
As a business owner myself, I *get* the profit thing. I'm just saying that there has to be a way to make the optics of this debacle look better. If I wanted to purchase the Club Red tix for MY corporation, and I wasn't really a FAN of the team, one look at the empty seats night after night would NOT be a big selling point for me. The team's record sure the hell isn't a selling point, and the food just isn't good enough for dropping that kind of money.

RR suggested moving the cameras. That would probably be the most cost-effective way to improve the team's national/international optics.

I agree re: the jumbotron. Perhaps the club could use a portion of Club Red sales to purchase a new one.
They are attempting to get sunrise's help since its their building, and i hear there is an 80% chance of success this summer.

As i said tho, that should have been done FIRST.

Old
03-10-2013, 04:02 PM
FlaPnthrsPunk
Our Time Will Come

I don't really have an answer for what to do with Club Red as I like everyone else think it's a ridiculous idea to begin with. Maybe in a few years when the team should be successful, but not when we're the worst team in the NHL at the moment. I do think eventually as wealthier people see the benefits of being a member, it could eventually sell out and make the team profits, but for now it looks like a complete joke from all standpoints. I'm not sure if there will ever be a way to make the sections look full. I'm imagining us in the playoffs in the future with the rest of the arena rocking and a big red hole in the middle

As for the idea of moving the cameras, I read someone saying that can't be done because the cameras need to be on that side of the arena to zoom in on shots of the benches.

FlaPnthrsPunk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-10-2013, 04:17 PM
pb1300
BLEED RED

Send a message via Yahoo to pb1300
Quote:
Originally Posted by FlaPnthrsPunk View Post
I don't really have an answer for what to do with Club Red as I like everyone else think it's a ridiculous idea to begin with. Maybe in a few years when the team should be successful, but not when we're the worst team in the NHL at the moment. I do think eventually as wealthier people see the benefits of being a member, it could eventually sell out and make the team profits, but for now it looks like a complete joke from all standpoints. I'm not sure if there will ever be a way to make the sections look full. I'm imagining us in the playoffs in the future with the rest of the arena rocking and a big red hole in the middle

As for the idea of moving the cameras, I read someone saying that can't be done because the cameras need to be on that side of the arena to zoom in on shots of the benches.
Doesnt Edmonton have the benches on same side as the benches? How much trouble would it have to be, aside from switching the Panther at center ice? Oh wait, cameras would have to be put in Club Red, so forget about it

pb1300 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-10-2013, 04:33 PM
RainingRats

Quote:
Originally Posted by pb1300 View Post
Doesnt Edmonton have the benches on same side as the benches? How much trouble would it have to be, aside from switching the Panther at center ice? Oh wait, cameras would have to be put in Club Red, so forget about it
You could put them above it. We have reverse angle cameras already in place. Moving the cameras is not an issue.

RainingRats is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-11-2013, 07:58 AM
sandysan

Quote:
Originally Posted by RainingRats View Post
You could put them above it. We have reverse angle cameras already in place. Moving the cameras is not an issue.
Then what is the issue? I understand that those seats are not technically empty, but the optics of it are just horrible ( like last nights game against the habs) on TV.

I'm a habs fan and I'm not trolling and I suspect someone has mentioned it, I looked for it but could not find it.

Thanks

sandysan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-11-2013, 08:56 AM
Laus723
Future Now

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandysan View Post
Then what is the issue? I understand that those seats are not technically empty, but the optics of it are just horrible ( like last nights game against the habs) on TV.

I'm a habs fan and I'm not trolling and I suspect someone has mentioned it, I looked for it but could not find it.

Thanks
What're you asking?

03-11-2013, 09:09 AM
sandysan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laus723 View Post
What're you asking?
why is the camera on the opposite side of the club red seats which makes it look like the arena is empty on TV whenever the play is in the neutral zone.

The previous poster said you could switch sides, if that is true why dont they ?

I know that fans from other teams coming into your group, the natural assumption is that I'm a troll. I really dont care what florida decides to do or not with their seats/sth, its entirely up to them. I also understand that the majority of those seats are paid for ( at a premium) but I cant understand why they would allow it to look like a morgue ( and I know its not) on TV if they had other choices.

i dont claimn to understand the entirety of the issues with club red but I did read through the thread hoping it was answered. if it was I missed it.

Thanks

Old
03-11-2013, 12:05 PM
adam graves
Panthers 17yr sth

Quote:
why is the camera on the opposite side of the club red seats which makes it look like the arena is empty on TV whenever the play is in the neutral zone.

The previous poster said you could switch sides, if that is true why dont they ?

I know that fans from other teams coming into your group, the natural assumption is that I'm a troll. I really dont care what florida decides to do or not with their seats/sth, its entirely up to them. I also understand that the majority of those seats are paid for ( at a premium) but I cant understand why they would allow it to look like a morgue ( and I know its not) on TV if they had other choices.

i dont claimn to understand the entirety of the issues with club red but I did read through the thread hoping it was answered. if it was I missed it.

Thanks
It can be switched, if it is switched itll be done next yr. As I said above theyre looking for wayt to get the fans to watch from their seats as well, the better answer.

Old
03-11-2013, 12:46 PM
sandysan

Quote:
Originally Posted by adam graves View Post
It can be switched, if it is switched itll be done next yr. As I said above theyre looking for wayt to get the fans to watch from their seats as well, the better answer.
thank you,
I had heard that they are trying to incentivize people staying in their seats, have they actually done this yet or are still looking at it ? I only ask because the first time I saw it was against the Habs ( the one where theodore played great) and then last night and it looked like there was not much difference.

has ownership directly addressed by saying that they acknowledge the optics of it are horrible and that they plan to change it ? Or is it a case that the perceptions of other fans means little as long as the seats are paid for ? from what I have been able to read Yormark is saying club red is a huge success. I also wondered if it was restricted to hockey or whether it also occured for concerts and found that it does apparently.

If the lawful owners of the tickets have no intention of sitting in them during games, cant they gift them to someone else in the arena to fill the seats ? I thought that the powers that be did not want this to happen but it looks like you you can purchase single game tickets from stubhub for 200 bucks a pop. I dont know if that is just for the seat or the seat + all amenities.

again sorry for all of the questions, i'm just trying my best to understand the situation.

Old
03-11-2013, 02:00 PM
adam graves
Panthers 17yr sth

Quote:
thank you,
I had heard that they are trying to incentivize people staying in their seats, have they actually done this yet or are still looking at it ? I only ask because the first time I saw it was against the Habs ( the one where theodore played great) and then last night and it looked like there was not much difference.

has ownership directly addressed by saying that they acknowledge the optics of it are horrible and that they plan to change it ? Or is it a case that the perceptions of other fans means little as long as the seats are paid for ? from what I have been able to read Yormark is saying club red is a huge success. I also wondered if it was restricted to hockey or whether it also occured for concerts and found that it does apparently.

If the lawful owners of the tickets have no intention of sitting in them during games, cant they gift them to someone else in the arena to fill the seats ? I thought that the powers that be did not want this to happen but it looks like you you can purchase single game tickets from stubhub for 200 bucks a pop. I dont know if that is just for the seat or the seat + all amenities.

again sorry for all of the questions, i'm just trying my best to understand the situation.
!)The plans to incentivise staying in seats would be addressed over the summer...silly for them to do anything in this absurd miniseason.

2)Ownership claims clubred is at least 2/3 sold. Assuming that to be true, thats a huge success. Thats at a minimum 4x the revenue a regular seat brings in. Yormark has acknowleged to me personally that he understands the eyesore so they are not ignorant to it nor will they ignore it.

3)The one concert i attened was empty during the warmup band but filled once the concert started.

The ticket you purchase from stubhub is for the seat and its amenities, which cant be split, and Ownership doesnt give a damn if its resold and for how much.

Bottom line is Its all about revenue and if it brings in $$ for a franchise they will do it and work out their kinks. Every team has its embarrassing hiccups, no different than the shame your franchise went through last year from a publicity standpoint hating on a coach cause he didnt speak french.

Your questions are legitimate, no reason to apologize.

Cheers.

Old
03-11-2013, 03:36 PM
sandysan

Quote:
!)

The ticket you purchase from stubhub is for the seat and its amenities, which cant be split, and Ownership doesnt give a damn if its resold and for how much.

Bottom line is Its all about revenue and if it brings in $$ for a franchise they will do it and work out their kinks. Every team has its embarrassing hiccups, no different than the shame your franchise went through last year from a publicity standpoint hating on a coach cause he didnt speak french.

Your questions are legitimate, no reason to apologize.

Cheers.
I did read where Yormark said he did not want to offer single tickets to club red

ďYou canít do that or you really destroy the integrity of the club. Itís a memberís-only club."

so they dont have a problem with club red members selling their tickets, but they wont do it directly ? If that's true, then why cant they find people in the stadium to fill the seats ? I understand that it will likely be fixed in the off season, but because you cant fix it all seems like a pretty bad reasons to try and fix it a little now. I did find on nhl.com where he acknowledges that it is a visual ( but not an economic) problem, but some of his other statements seemed to indicate that as long as the seats were paid for he really didnt have a problem if there were butts in them or not. Plus whatever the number sold ( 70-80%) you would think that as singles the other tickets would have some demand, i dont see how selling them destroys the integrity but letting stubhub sell them is peachy.

again, thanks for your direct knowledge, its been really helpful.

Old
03-12-2013, 04:13 PM
Beezeral

snagged some club red tix from my GF's boss. Will report back with my thoughts

Beezeral is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-12-2013, 05:35 PM
adam graves
Panthers 17yr sth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beezeral View Post
snagged some club red tix from my GF's boss. Will report back with my thoughts
Politics aside people that have gone have said its awesome.

When I was offered a pair, my son refused to go on principal. Young'ns, go figure.

Old
03-12-2013, 07:35 PM
Beezeral

Quote:
Politics aside people that have gone have said its awesome.

When I was offered a pair, my son refused to go on principal. Young'ns, go figure.
It makes a 2-0 deficit on 3 shots much more fun. I can't lie. I don't want to leave the lounge.

Old
03-12-2013, 10:06 PM
adam graves
Panthers 17yr sth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beezeral View Post
It makes a 2-0 deficit on 3 shots much more fun. I can't lie. I don't want to leave the lounge.

Old
03-12-2013, 10:27 PM
Beezeral

Quote:
Had about 6 Kobe beef sliders.