HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Notices

Ducks look to deal Vishnevski after award

Old
07-28-2006, 06:33 PM
Cyrrus147

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marksman View Post
Markov should be our main gun at the point anyway ... and we will have Streit as backup.

We will likely lose Souray anyway next summer - while Vishnevski will be RFA.

Vishnevski can play physical defence much better without getting hurt all the time. Usually missing only few games (last season 82 games 196 hits).
Vushnevski is a good defenseman, but why losing our only defenseman who can score 15-20 goals in a season. Souray is a great player, no matter what the morons on 110% can say, plus he's a great leader and a good guy.

Who will you use on the powerplay next year if we lose Souray? Markov and who?? Streit is not a good offensive defenseman at the moment (even if he could someday) and Bouillon/Dandenault/Rivet are already working on the second line of the powerplay. I don't think that any of those 3 guys are good enough to play on the first line of powerplay.

Souray got one of the best shot in the NHL and one of the most dangerous defenseman at the point. We already have a bunch of good defensive defenseman, I don't why we should trade Souray for a other one

Cyrrus147 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-28-2006, 07:00 PM
Shatmat*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyrrus147 View Post
Who will you use on the powerplay next year if we lose Souray? Markov and who??

Andrei Kostitsyn!!

Shatmat* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-28-2006, 07:08 PM
Cyrrus147

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shatmat View Post
Andrei Kostitsyn!!

Cyrrus147 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-28-2006, 07:15 PM
felixd

If we get Vishnevski, it should be a no brainer who sits out/gets waived. Bouillon.

Only problem is that we "officially" signed him as UFA and it would most likely be bad to waive or trade a recently signed UFA.

Still don't like that signing.

felixd is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
07-28-2006, 07:18 PM
Duster

Quote:
Vushnevski is a good defenseman, but why losing our only defenseman who can score 15-20 goals in a season. Souray is a great player, no matter what the morons on 110% can say, plus he's a great leader and a good guy.

Who will you use on the powerplay next year if we lose Souray? Markov and who?? Streit is not a good offensive defenseman at the moment (even if he could someday) and Bouillon/Dandenault/Rivet are already working on the second line of the powerplay. I don't think that any of those 3 guys are good enough to play on the first line of powerplay.
Bouillon is redundant if Vishnevski is acquired, imo. He would provide size, grit and he's a good shot blocker. He is also good in corners and can clear the front of the net. Cheaper and younger too. In terms of offense, both are comparable.

Duster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-28-2006, 07:23 PM
Marksman

Quote:

Souray got one of the best shot in the NHL and one of the most dangerous defenseman at the point. We already have a bunch of good defensive defenseman, I don't why we should trade Souray for a other one
Souray scored 12 goals in 75 games, Markov had 10 in 67 and hes has a lot better hands moving the puck ... so I would say the crown has already changed over to Andrei. IMO the point man should be right handed shot anyway - Rivet now and hopefully Komisarek in future.

Sure we would lose some offence in the deal, but on the other hand we would become stronger on the blueline, which is important when we are becoming even smaller up front.

But the bottom line of the deal would be roster management. There is almost no way we keep our all three UFA defencemen next summer and Souray seems most likely candidate to be gone anyway.

Marksman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-28-2006, 07:25 PM
Habsy

Why do we even need a player like him? Who would he replace?

Just because someone is available doesn't mean we need to try and get him.

Habsy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-28-2006, 07:30 PM
The Kingslayer

vCash: 291
Quote:
Originally Posted by Habsy View Post

The habs could always offer up Ribiero

The Kingslayer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-28-2006, 07:36 PM
Duster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habsy View Post

He would be an upgrade on Bouillon or Streit.

Duster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-28-2006, 07:37 PM
tinyzombies

I always thought Vishnevski had the same problem as Barrett Jackman. He likes to play a physical game, but is too small and gets banged up and/or his hits take him out of position??

That said, I'd take Vishnevski over Bouillon or Dandenault anyday, unless his skating is an issue, but I think his mobility is fine/....

Burke is an uptempo kinda guy though. Maybe they'll take Bouillon or Dandenault for him if we eat some salary?

tinyzombies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-28-2006, 07:41 PM
TheHoser

Souray + Washington Third Rounder +2nd Rounder for Vishnevski + McDonald/good prospect

TheHoser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-28-2006, 07:42 PM
Pere Noel

Look,

Bryan Burke is not stupid, if he walks away from this guy... is that he would be overpaid for his contribution. If he wants to trade him because of a 400K salary increase... that's because the guy is not worth it.

Again, Burke is not stupid, he clued in on Teemu Selanne, he got Pronger in house, managed to get Niedermayer, got rid of Fedorov and managed to get Beauchemin by the same token....

... I think the guy knows who to get rid of and for the right reasons.

Prior to Anaheim, he had done a great job at Vancouver as well.

Pere Noel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-28-2006, 07:45 PM
tinyzombies

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pere Noel View Post
Look,

Bryan Burke is not stupid, if he walks away from this guy... is that he would be overpaid for his contribution. If he wants to trade him because of a 400K salary increase... that's because the guy is not worth it.

Again, Burke is not stupid, he clued in on Teemu Selanne, he got Pronger in house, managed to get Niedermayer, got rid of Fedorov and managed to get Beauchemin by the same token....

... I think the guy knows who to get rid of and for the right reasons.

Prior to Anaheim, he had done a great job at Vancouver as well.
I think with Pronger and Niedermayer, he doesn't need to spend any more money back there. Those guys play 25+ minutes a night if necessary. You can have a first team all-star out there on defense the whole game if you want. They have the luxury of sacrificing defensive defensemen and going for puck movers.

Maybe that's what he's thinking. Or maybe the whole thing is a lie.

Vishnevski had a problem with taking bad penalties early in his career also.

They also need to get a bit tougher up front and find another scorer or two.

I like how Burke thinks. Every dime counts. He's not giving away money to the Ribeiros and Bouillons and Dandenaults!

tinyzombies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-28-2006, 07:54 PM
nyhabsfan
Waiting for #25.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marksman View Post
Souray for Vishnevski + something?

If hes going to sign somewhere there after next season, why not?
Why would you trade a frontline asset to a team that wants to dump salary when draft picks or a second tier prospect will do?

Worst case Souray plays for us for one year and walks...but the man has also said he LOVES playing for the habs!!!

Best case... he signs a long term deal...

nyhabsfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-28-2006, 08:07 PM
bayrider

Is Anaheim really looking to dump salary? If not, and I had a choice to let go of a D to get Vishnevsky, I would give them Bouillon, without a doubt.

bayrider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-28-2006, 08:09 PM
Artyukhin*

Quote:
Originally Posted by bayrider View Post
Is Anaheim really looking to dump salary? If not, and I had a choice to let go of a D to get Vishnevsky, I would give them Bouillon, without a doubt.

remember there looking to dump salary not take back bascially a similiar type player at 1.85 million

washingtons 3 round pick and a decent ahl prospect all id offer

Artyukhin* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-28-2006, 08:13 PM
Artyukhin*

in the case they do walk away from his 1.55 million salary and he can be had for free
whats the order ? who gets first shot at him ? how's that all play out .

anyway burke only has 48 hours to find a deal if that is indeed his plan .if he doesnt plan on signing him the ball isnt in burke's court that for sure

Last edited by Artyukhin*: 07-28-2006 at 08:20 PM.
Old
07-28-2006, 08:22 PM
Artie

Why offer anything if Burke is so dead set against signing him. Let Burke walk away from the arbitrtors decision and go after Vishnevski as a UFA.

But my question is why do we need him? We have similar type defencemen. Is it possible that the grass is always greener on the other side. I can't understand this fascination with trying to trade Souray plus picks for a defenceman that looks at best a 4-6 D.

Am I missing something??

Artie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-28-2006, 08:28 PM
Ludo

Quote:
Originally Posted by felixd View Post
If we get Vishnevski, it should be a no brainer who sits out/gets waived. Bouillon.
hahaha...are you serious?

Bouillon? Our quickest and toughest defenseman? He finished 2nd or 3rd in the league in checks....and you'd waive him???

If ANYONE, I'd let go of Rivet...or even Dandy...before Bouillon. Not sure Vishnevski is an upgrade on either though....

Ludo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-28-2006, 08:55 PM
sXe
Yuuuuuup!

Quote:
Originally Posted by raketheleaves View Post
Maybe they'll take Bouillon or Dandenault for him if we eat some salary?
Can't eat salary with the new CBA. I don't mean to single you out but it's been repeated thousands of times.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pere Noel View Post
Look,

Bryan Burke is not stupid,...
Far from it. I'm sure he's happy he creatd a mini bidding war for a young, cheap D-man who he has no needs for. That being said BG isn't either and I believe if they deem it worth it to acquire him I'll trust him.
I don't know enough of Vish to tell you wether he a bargain or not but be preapred to see something happen with this defence. Half your d-corp is UFA, something is bound to happen.

Quote:
Originally Posted by doug mckenzie View Post
in the case they do walk away from his 1.55 million salary and he can be had for free
whats the order ? who gets first shot at him ? how's that all play out .

anyway burke only has 48 hours to find a deal if that is indeed his plan .if he doesnt plan on signing him the ball isnt in burke's court that for sure
If they walk away he is UFA. Unrestricted,no order, nothing.
He can accept and wait till March or wathever to trade him. Once the ruling is done he can only play under that contract if he's in the NHL.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Artie View Post
Why offer anything if Burke is so dead set against signing him. Let Burke walk away from the arbitrtors decision and go after Vishnevski as a UFA.

But my question is why do we need him? We have similar type defencemen. Is it possible that the grass is always greener on the other side. I can't understand this fascination with trying to trade Souray plus picks for a defenceman that looks at best a 4-6 D.

Am I missing something??
If he becomes UFA he will get more money and will decide whre he plays.

Good question. I don't know. I think he's a good D-man who could fill a huge gap agewise in our D. We have a span between our 30+ D (most becoming UFA) and our young kids in Hamilton who are nowhere near ready. We could use a couple 25-27 kids in return from an eventual Souray/Markov trade. Like I said above, something needs to be done with our defence, from prospects to NHL veterans, BG has his work cut out for him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ludo View Post
hahaha...are you serious?

Bouillon? Our quickest and toughest defenseman? He finished 2nd or 3rd in the league in checks....and you'd waive him???

If ANYONE, I'd let go of Rivet...or even Dandy...before Bouillon. Not sure Vishnevski is an upgrade on either though....
Let's not get carried away here. I have a much better reason as to why Bouillon (and even Dandeneault) won't be traded. Actually I don't, it's just how it works, BG just won't do it.

sXe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-28-2006, 09:03 PM
Artyukhin*

thanks sxe,

best case we can hope for is burke to walk away from Vishnevski and
as a ufa comes to montreal to play for team russia still think thats a long shot . burke will get something for him

wonder how well he knows kovalev markov and samsonov .we all know our asst g.m /head scout Pierre Gauthier was high on him when he was there .

Last edited by Artyukhin*: 07-28-2006 at 09:08 PM.
Old
07-28-2006, 09:07 PM
CareyClutch
Doing the job

Send a message via MSN to CareyClutch
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheHoser View Post
Souray + Washington Third Rounder +2nd Rounder for Vishnevski + McDonald/good prospect
u really think anaheim will trade andy mac after a 85 pts season...

CareyClutch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-28-2006, 09:09 PM
larue*

I dont understand why they would walk. Somethins up here,,,somethins up.
Why would they walk. If he is that valuable then why would they walk. Somethins up I tell you......somethins up.

larue* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
YOUTH OF HABS

Send a message via AIM to YOUTH OF HABS
we need help on the back end as we don't have much depth. i say get him if it doesn't cost us too much...

YOUTH OF HABS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Le Tricolore
Boo! Booooo!

vCash: 137
Send a message via Skype™ to Le Tricolore
Quote:
Originally Posted by felixd View Post

Only problem is that we "officially" signed him as UFA and it would most likely be bad to waive or trade a recently signed UFA.

Still don't like that signing.
we signed him before noon, no? players "officially" became UFAs at 12, I thought?

Le Tricolore is online now   Reply With Quote