HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Pittsburgh Penguins
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

27 | Pittsburgh Penguins vs. Boston Bruins | PART 2

Closed Thread

Old
03-12-2013, 09:14 PM
MurphyDump

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Killswitch7187 View Post
Bylsma deserves all the credit in the world for this game. He did a great job mixing and matching lines. Just a fantastic, fantastic win.
He also deserves credit for a horrible PK system that once again resulted in ANOTHER screen goal on Fleury because of his refusal to have dman clear the crease.

He also deserves credit for having two late icing calls against a team that dominated the faceoff circle. His refusal to know NOTHING but stretch passes is absolute bush league and unacceptable. That late in a game, protecting a lead against a team you can't win a faceoff against, and you have your dmen passing from our OWN friggin goaline to centre ice?

That is HORRIBLE coaching. Boston is sitting back in their trap and you don't inform your dmen to NOT stretch pass for fear of icing? Just downright horrible coaching.

Great comeback however against a team that clearly lost their legs late in the game due to playing last night and every second night the last little while.

Old
Zatch88
Im stumbling spheres

The pens pretty much dominated after the 1st period. awesome game.

Old
Shrimper
Trick or ruddy treat

vCash: 50
Just watched the Kunitz goal on the Pens website. Looked like a deflection off either Khudobin or Crosby.

Old
Kruncher11
a whole lotta grease

What a great game!! Only gonna add to our momentum!

I'm really glad to see Brent Sutter have a good game

Old
Kovifan27

Playing it super slow mode it does look like Crosby gets the tip in. His stick def moves back at the point it look like the puck would have hit it.

Old
03-12-2013, 09:15 PM
SteelFish87*

Stamkos just missed an EN goal whew

Old
03-12-2013, 09:15 PM
nwhockeyfan
Pens Fan since '67

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ogrezilla View Post
he still has issues. but this was a step in the right direction as far as making some adjustments.
I would like to see #47 play in games that DB deems important (just my impression there is still a lack of trust) but he really did a nice job with the lines tonight!!

Old
03-12-2013, 09:16 PM
Shrimper
Trick or ruddy treat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kovifan27 View Post
Playing it super slow mode it does look like Crosby gets the tip in. His stick def moves back at the point it look like the puck would have hit it.
I'm hoping they review it as I think it should be Sid's goal.

Old
03-12-2013, 09:17 PM
Shrimper
Trick or ruddy treat

Man. What a night. 2 20am. Bed I think.

Old
03-12-2013, 09:18 PM
Stad
@Hagelin2Kessel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shrimper View Post
I'd rather Kunitz get it tbh.

Old
03-12-2013, 09:19 PM
fly4apuckguy
Mr. Old School

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shrimper View Post
Yeah just watched it again. I am sure it was Crosby's stick that made it change direction. It was headed for Khudobin's shoulder but goes the other way. Maybe it bounced off him like that, but I think it was Sid's stick. They'll probably change it.

Old
03-12-2013, 09:20 PM
HuskerTornado
Jobu Needs Rum

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zatch88 View Post
The pens pretty much dominated after the 1st period. awesome game.
Even in the last 3 or so minutes of the first as well.

Old
03-12-2013, 09:21 PM
HotCoffey

Quote:
Originally Posted by MurphyDump View Post
He also deserves credit for a horrible PK system that once again resulted in ANOTHER screen goal on Fleury because of his refusal to have dman clear the crease.

He also deserves credit for having two late icing calls against a team that dominated the faceoff circle. His refusal to know NOTHING but stretch passes is absolute bush league and unacceptable. That late in a game, protecting a lead against a team you can't win a faceoff against, and you have your dmen passing from our OWN friggin goaline to centre ice?

That is HORRIBLE coaching. Boston is sitting back in their trap and you don't inform your dmen to NOT stretch pass for fear of icing? Just downright horrible coaching.

Great comeback however against a team that clearly lost their legs late in the game due to playing last night and every second night the last little while.
Boston's played the fewest games in the league so far, if one back to back game slows them down that much they have problems.

Old
03-12-2013, 09:25 PM
Big McLargehuge
Global Moderator
Star Kunitz

vCash: 2563
Quote:
Originally Posted by HotCoffey View Post
Boston's played the fewest games in the league so far, if one back to back game slows them down that much they have problems.
No kidding. Boston has had the easiest schedule in the season so far this season. If they're going to fade like this whenever they have to play twice in a tight amount of time then they're going to fade down the standings.

I don't think that'll happen, fwiw. Seemed like a team that just went into a defensive shell focusing on shutting Crosby down thinking that without Malkin in the line-up we wouldn't have the secondary scoring to make the comeback. The strategy almost worked. The worst thing that could have happened for the Bruins was scoring their goals so early in the game...when they had to try to play offense again they'd been playing the game in their own end for the prior ~40 minutes of the game...it's hard to just turn that on. Likewise for the Penguins, when you get that many close calls all it's going to take is one bounce for the dominoes to fall.

This game felt very similar to that Canadiens series a couple years ago...only difference being that Khudobin isn't god-mode Halak.

“The most terrifying fact about the universe is not that it is hostile, but that it is indifferent. If we can come to terms with this indifference and accept the challenges of life within the boundaries of death, our existence as a species can have genuine meaning and fulfillment. However vast the darkness, we must supply our own light.” - Stanley Kubrick
Old
03-12-2013, 09:25 PM
metalan2

Quote:
Originally Posted by nwpensfan View Post
Nice win!! But not to be downer (and I know I am) but we are in trouble in a 7 game series with the Bruins, which I think is pretty obvious.

Still this is a great win for the locker room. Maybe they can build off of it.
Lol why?

Because we dominated play, got zero bounces for 53 minutes, and had trouble scoring for awhile? I'd rather play them than the Flyers.

Old
03-12-2013, 09:27 PM
MurphyDump

Quote:
you might want to do some research before posting.

They have played 10 games in the last 17 days! With this horrible schedule continuing for them.

You don't think that takes a toll on a team? wow.

Old
03-12-2013, 09:28 PM
MurphyDump

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big McLargehuge View Post
No kidding. Boston has had the easiest schedule in the season so far this season. If they're going to fade like this whenever they have to play twice in a tight amount of time then they're going to fade down the standings.

I don't think that'll happen, fwiw. Seemed like a team that just went into a defensive shell focusing on shutting Crosby down thinking that without Malkin in the line-up we wouldn't have the secondary scoring to make the comeback. The strategy almost worked. The worst thing that could have happened for the Bruins was scoring their goals so early in the game...when they had to try to play offense again they'd been playing the game in their own end for the prior ~40 minutes of the game...it's hard to just turn that on. Likewise for the Penguins, when you get that many close calls all it's going to take is one bounce for the dominoes to fall.
ONCE again, look at their schedule over the last 17 days! They'd played 10 games in 17 days and they continue to play every second night for the rest of the month it seems.....with a couple back to backs thrown in.

Does anyone actually do any research before they go throwing responses on here?

Old
03-12-2013, 09:30 PM
Big McLargehuge
Global Moderator
Star Kunitz

vCash: 2563
Quote:
ONCE again, look at their schedule over the last 17 days! They'd played 10 games in 17 days and they continue to play every second night for the rest of the month it seems.....with a couple back to backs thrown in.

And they've still played fewer games than anyone else in the NHL.

I'm sorry, it's a rough schedule for everyone. It's a poor excuse when every team in this league is playing 48 games in a 96 day window.

Old
03-12-2013, 09:31 PM
Junse19
From rink to rink...

Tonight's #1 Star of the Game...

Old
03-12-2013, 09:32 PM
nwhockeyfan
Pens Fan since '67

Quote:
Originally Posted by metalan2 View Post
Lol why?

Because we dominated play, got zero bounces for 53 minutes, and had trouble scoring for awhile? I'd rather play them than the Flyers.
Not me. Dominating play? We were only dominating SOG and pretty much nothing else the first half of the game. Both teams will give us trouble so I really do not want to see either. We have an issue with our 4th line right now that teams like the Bruins do not have. That will bite us in the playoffs particularly in a 7 game series.

Old
03-12-2013, 09:32 PM
HotCoffey

Quote:

Penguins have played 10 games in 18 days and have played 3 more overall. Did YOU look?

Last edited by HotCoffey: 03-12-2013 at 09:33 PM. Reason: +
Old
03-12-2013, 09:34 PM
Iffyiffiffer
Moo

Quote:
That late in a game, protecting a lead against a team you can't win a faceoff against
Faceoff wins

Bruins: 33
Penguins: 28

Old
03-12-2013, 09:38 PM
MurphyDump

Quote:
Penguins have played 10 games in 18 days and have played 3 more overall. Did YOU look?
Yup and 10 in 17 is less than 10 in 18!

Old
03-12-2013, 09:40 PM
Guins71

it amazes me Steigy and Errey watch every game and haven't noticed that during line changes the first forward off the ice a center replaces him. It's happened every game this year. I noticed it about the third game. I believe they did it so Crosby and Malkin's shifts werent affected by over extended shifts by malkin or crosby, but it amazes me that Errey didn't notice(he notices everything) Steigy it doesnt surprise me at all

Old
03-12-2013, 09:41 PM
MurphyDump

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iffyiffiffer View Post
Faceoff wins

Bruins: 33
Penguins: 28
As i said, the Bruins lost their legs and were obviously tired and done in the end. I believe they arrived at 2:30 AM.

They play in the afternoon Saturday, so they'll arrive at a better time for Sunday's game. It might be a lot different. I'm betting it is.

And aren't the Bruins the number 1 faceoff team in the league? I could be wrong....i just wouldn't want to play with fire.

Closed Thread