HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Rangers / Sabres - Haley is a Second Liner

View Poll Results: Stars of the game
Jhonas Hasek 22 43.14%
Dominik Enroth 29 56.86%
Voters: 51. You may not vote on this poll

Old
03-12-2013, 09:29 PM
Heyoooo*

vCash: 500
Didnt bother watching the postgame.

He got pissy with Sam?

Deflecting from the locker room is what it looks like to me.

Heyoooo* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-12-2013, 09:29 PM
Blueshirt Believer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Callagraves View Post
To be fair, alot of credit to Enroth. He played his mind out tonight, and really, the game didn't have a ton of offense either way. We outshot them significantly, but couldn't get many scoring chances.
No, Enroth did not play out of his mind. Nabakov, in the islanders game, played out of his mind.

Enroth was barely challenged at all. We didn't drive to the net all that much. Didn't get a lot of high quality chances. I don't even remember the Rangers making Buffalo's D scramble.

No, this is one of those times where the Rangers make a marginal goalie look way better than he actually is.

Blueshirt Believer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-12-2013, 09:31 PM
Heyoooo*

Quote:
Originally Posted by silverfish View Post
I've been pissy in this PGT all night, gonna try and take a step back here with this post.

This team is beyond fixable, there are so many good pieces in place. It's on Torts right now. 25 games into the season, and the team still looks lost in many games. He continually tries to jam square pegs into round holes. The system that worked for the Rangers last season WILL NOT work this season, it's not the right personnel, and that needs to be realized and addressed by the coaching staff.

Stacked with two-way defensemen, and finally with a ton of skill in the forward corps, we decide to play dump and chase grind it out jam system? W T F! Makes no sense.

Anyone saying that the team can't compete for a top four spot still is right. At this point, Boston has 9 points on the Rangers with a game in hand. If anything, the Rangers need to hope MTL comes back down to Earth, and Boston can take that top spot in the NE. Perhaps the Rangers can challenge the Habs for the fourth spot. But then again, do we really want to end up in fourth with the Habs in fifth? I don't think so.

Time to start aiming for that six spot and get comfy, draw the SE winner in the first round. No doubt both Toronto and Ottawa will be cooling off, they're not as good as their records indicate. 3 points behind both of them with a game in hand on each, easily catchable. Get cozy in sixth.

After 48 games last season the Rangers had lost 12 games in regulation, and five in OT. This season through 25, they're already at 10 and 2. The slow start, and inconsistencies/inabilities to get a streak going is absolutely murdering them, and they need to find a way to get back on track for good.

Get off the ****ing jam train. Sather has put a very viable team together, it's just not the right coach. Torts CAN be the right coach for this team, but he refuses to be.

Get Zuccarello to North America. Send down Miller. Let the skill fly.

Hagelin - Stepan - Nash
Zuccarello - Richards - Gaborik
Pyatt - Boyle - Callahan
Haley - Halpern - Powe

That's a solid team, with skill and speed top to bottom.

TL;DR - I'm mad, I have no faith in a top four finish; let's get cozy in the six spot. Torts is jamming square pegs into round holes. Rangers have skill, time to put it to use.

The only solace I have in this season is watching the Blackhawks. I team I wish we were. So sick of this team scraping wins and the coaching style/Torts.

Do they think New York really wants to watch two or three skill guys, a bunch of grinders and a Vezina goalie every year scrape wins?

This team has no cohesion. Its a more talented team than years past. Its Torts' job to get the most out of it. Hes not doing it. IMO, the hammer falls on him if we flop this season. Not the players.

Old
03-12-2013, 09:33 PM
Inferno
HFB Partner

Quote:
Originally Posted by SA16 View Post
Team did not play that badly. Outshot them by a bunch despite being out-PP'd 5-1 for some reason since the refs didn't feel like calling penalties on buffalo today. Obviously had an extremely poor stretch in the period but played really well in the third, decent in the first just happened to run into Enroth playing a great game.

Playing Gaborik on the left side really makes no sense at all - especially having him on the left side on the point on the powerplay...how exactly is he supposed to shoot from there? Thought he actually had a pretty solid game overall though. Had a few decent chances.
i agree...the penalties kept screwing up our momentum...if you take the PPs out (and our PP looked fantastic though they couldnt score) i thought we outplayed them.

Inferno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-12-2013, 09:33 PM
Dactyl
LMFAO KOSTKA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heyoooo View Post
Didnt bother watching the postgame.

He got pissy with Sam?

Deflecting from the locker room is what it looks like to me.
looks like torts being a dick to me

Dactyl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-12-2013, 09:35 PM
Rangers Fail
4 8 15 16 23 42

Seems like no one wants to clear the crease at all. You wanna pile on my goalie, get 5 or 6 shots off? By all means, go ahead!

I wouldn't be opposed to bringing up McIlrath.

Rangers Fail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-12-2013, 09:36 PM
Heyoooo*

I dont care for Torts but thats classic Torts fellas.

Old
03-12-2013, 09:37 PM
Blueshirt Believer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heyoooo View Post
The only solace I have in this season is watching the Blackhawks. I team I wish we were. So sick of this team scraping wins and the coaching style/Torts.

Do they think New York really wants to watch two or three skill guys, a bunch of grinders and a Vezina goalie every year scrape wins?

This team has no cohesion. Its a more talented team than years past. Its Torts' job to get the most out of it. Hes not doing it. IMO, the hammer falls on him if we flop this season. Not the players.
Lets be honest here, the Rangers have been playing a grinding style for quite a while now. They brought in a player, Nash, specifically to play that style.

If the Rangers are going to implement a new system. Its not going to be without a lengthy training camp and larger season to change the mentality.

Our Blueline would need to adjust significantly to a more freewheeling system. How would guys like Ryan Callahan look in that system?

There is not enough time to change our style this season. If we were willing to write off the season to see a new style implemented(we aren't), that would be one thing.

It is what it is...

Old
Callagraves
Block shots

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grind Jam Grind View Post
Is it just a coincidence that every backup plays outstanding versus us?

No.

Our offense just sucked. Wristers from 40 feet out into Enroth's chest are not scoring chances at all.
Every team's fans think every backup plays incredibly against them. It's like we think that being a backup is just some schlub job they give to anyone.

Callagraves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
dethomas07

Quote:
Originally Posted by Championship View Post
No heart. No sense of Urgency. No Killer Instinct. If they don't have that at this point in the season with where they are in the standings, they won't have it at all this season.
stopp overreacting, all you guys are acting like lunatics. we're 4-2 this month and 10-6-2 this month and last, terrible? obviously theres room for improvement but come on we've been on a high note we loose one game the sky is falling..everyone relax, go along with the ride.. or some of you should just stop watching..

dethomas07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-12-2013, 09:38 PM
Drewbackatu*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blueshirt Believer View Post
I know this will get me some hatred, but I can't listen to Sam Rosen any more. When I watch the game, I turn off the sound and I listen to the radio feed. Even with the delay, its so much better..

Half the time Rosen doesn't even call the game anymore. He is just too damn old..

I know that has nothing to do with Torts post interview.
I'm with you dude. Time to raise Rosen's wig to the rafters and get Howie Rose back to where he belongs so we the fans can have a play by play guy here that isn't unlistenable!

Drewbackatu* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-12-2013, 09:39 PM
Heyoooo*

Quote:
Originally Posted by dethomas07 View Post
stopp overreacting, all you guys are acting like lunatics. we're 4-2 this month and 10-6-2 this month and last, terrible? obviously theres room for improvement but come on we've been on a high note we loose one game the sky is falling..everyone relax, go along with the ride.. or some of you should just stop watching..

We are the Rangers. This is our fanbase.

Old
03-12-2013, 09:41 PM
Glen Sathers Cigar
Sather = Evil Genius

Quote:
I agree with you. However, I think everyone is so mad because it was a very winnable game where our guys looked disinterested and didn't play as well as they could have. If they played their best and lost, I don't think people would be half as mad, although, if they played their best then they would've won the game. Oh well, let's hope they come out flying in Winnipeg.

Glen Sathers Cigar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-12-2013, 09:42 PM
Kane One
Global Moderator
HFBoards: Night's Watch

vCash: 1343
Quote:
Sorry, but I tend to think of every game one at a time. The Rangers going 10-6-2 is no excuse for playing like **** today. If they play great and lose, then whatever. They didn't show up today, nor did they show up for most of the season.

03-12-2013, 09:43 PM
Rangers Fail
4 8 15 16 23 42

Quote:
Originally Posted by Callagraves View Post
Every team's fans think every backup plays incredibly against them. It's like we think that being a backup is just some schlub job they give to anyone.
Richard ****ing Bachman shut us out last year. It's an actual problem with this team.

Rangers Fail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-12-2013, 09:45 PM
Doctor King Schultz
Garian Maborik

Its been getting better since the beginning of the season. Forward 2 steps, back 1. Forwards 3 steps, back 1. Hopefully we can soon get to the place where we win these types of must win games. Forwards 2 steps, back 0. We've shown signs of it our last 6-7 games but we still need to take another step forward before we have a chance at being a serious contender.

Doctor King Schultz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-12-2013, 09:46 PM
Glen Sathers Cigar
Sather = Evil Genius

When Torts got pissy with Sam I was like:

Glen Sathers Cigar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-12-2013, 09:46 PM
GentlemanOfLeisure
Ride Space Mountain

Sam Rosen is a future hall of fame broadcaster. Voice of the Rangers for 30 years. He deserves a lot more respect.

GentlemanOfLeisure is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-12-2013, 09:47 PM
wr50l

Quote:
Since we beat Boston 4-3, the only team we've played who has any shot at doing something in the post-season is the Habs, who beat us twice. To add to that, a lot have been 1 goal games.

Maybe this good set of results has managed to mask our deficiencies to some, but I'm not convinced. In the long-run we will not succeed.

wr50l is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-12-2013, 09:47 PM
Off Sides

vCash: 897
What does Torts expect

One of the best RW goal scorers in the game last year, this year he is playing the LW

Had one of the hottest lines in the league, Stepan, Nash, Hagelin, broke it up when Richards returned.

Yeah the player came out and stunk up the joint, Enroth played well, the ref sucked, but he is not blameless in this debacle.

Off Sides is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-12-2013, 09:48 PM
Blueshirt Believer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Garian Maborik View Post
Its been getting better since the beginning of the season. Forward 2 steps, back 1. Forwards 3 steps, back 1. Hopefully we can soon get to the place where we win these types of must win games. Forwards 2 steps, back 0. We've shown signs of it our last 6-7 games but we still need to take another step forward before we have a chance at being a serious contender.
I just think its unrealistic expectation this year. Rangers are just not dynamic offensively to be a serious contender.

Old
03-12-2013, 09:49 PM
Championship*
#Joel&Ellie

Quote:
10-6-2 is 10-8, thats not great. They're 2-2 in their last 4 with a tenuous grasp on the 8th seed. That's not good. They need wins. Lots of them. It's the middle of March and they are still playing like this. If that's not a cause for concern then I don't know what to tell you.

Championship* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-12-2013, 09:50 PM
Silence Of The Plams
Zemgod

Quote:
Originally Posted by Championship View Post
10-6-2 is 10-8, thats not great. They're 2-2 in their last 4 with a tenuous grasp on the 8th seed. That's not good. They need wins. Lots of them. It's the middle of March and they are still playing like this. If that's not a cause for concern then I don't know what to tell you.
Some people are okay with mediocrity when the skill and power is there. Coaching style needs to change. Open the game up for more skill. Get a legit left winger.

Silence Of The Plams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
HatTrick Swayze
Tomato Potato

If they go 0-2 to close the week (which is not ridiculous) this place is gonna explode

silverfish
Mr. Glass

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guess What View Post
Some people are okay with mediocrity when the skill and power is there. Coaching style needs to change. Open the game up for more skill. Get a legit left winger.
Preach.

silverfish is offline   Reply With Quote