Alexander Burmistrov

Old
03-06-2013, 06:31 PM
truck
HFB Partner

vCash: 495
Quote:
Originally Posted by MPF24 View Post
I have really liked Burmistrov since his draft day but rarely catch Winnipeg games. I know a fair amount about Burmi's game and strengths, and I love that he throws his weight around a bit, but what I'd like to know from you guys who watch him regularly is, is he really underwhelming offensively or is it just his numbers that are underwhelming? Might sound like a dumb question, but what I mean is, is he still exciting to watch at this level and looking dangerous when he has the puck, but just not converting, or is he looking like he might become more of a two-way, penalty killer whose offense never impresses? Do you think he's bound to break through soon (still so young) or do you think his game at this level will be more defense oriented? Also, who are his usual linemates?
He already has the look of a solid defensive player. Whether the offensive side ever fully blooms is anybody's guess. I think that side of his game will continue to grow because pretty much every 21 year old has room for growth. I don't know where he will top out. 45-50 points doesn't look unreasonable on the low / safe side. Hopefully a little more is possible.

truck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-12-2013, 03:00 PM
FormerRedwingFan
Sarcastic User Name

vCash: 500
[QUOTE=winterpeg;60934289]
/edit: We should probably just get Datsyuk to come to Winnipeg and mentor him as a linemate, right? right?[/QUOTE]

Let's flip that around, I would love to see Burmi in a wings uniform

FormerRedwingFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-12-2013, 03:18 PM
StronGeer
Butterfele

vCash: 50
For a signed Damien Brunner and a 2nd, he's all yours.

StronGeer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-12-2013, 06:45 PM
jetkarma

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snot Rocket View Post
Ok I keep seeing people say that Burmi is 22 years old...just want to clear this up.

Unless I cannot add, nor can other people: Alexander Burmistrov Born: October 21, 1991 (age 21)
He JUST turned 21, he was 20, now is 21. He would have been 20 at the start of this season had it started on time.

The average age of the modern NHL rookie 2010-2013 is 21-22 years old. Rookie forwards average age is: 20 years old.
http://www.quanthockey.com/Distribut...stribution.php
With that considered, he is has played in the NHL for 2 seasons, 1 season with Barrie.

Under normal circumstances the assessment of selfish hockey player trying to do it his way might have merit if he was a couple years older and had spent a reasonable amount of time in Jr.

Now we are all entitled to our own opinions, but I think we can reasonably say that the kid is under a lot of pressure internal and external to produce. 3 years ago he showed up in Canada to play, not even speaking the language as a 16/17 year old.
Can anyone say that he will hit stride, no not for sure. Heck, ATL could have ruined him for all we know. But I think it is fair to say that the only way forward with him is through, we have to let him finish his development in the bigs, and it is going to take the time it takes. Normally the kids get to season up in Jr, we all know that. Some kids have the mature personality and mental fortitude to make the leap @ 18 or 19.
Every year from 18-24 is huge in hockey, maturity (physical and mental) and life experience. Kid has to do it in the spotlight, and much like the Jets, he will be ready and developed when he is ready. In fact you could parallel the development of Burmi with the development of the Jets.
Let's sit back and see what happens. In this world of instant everything I think many people lose track of the time and commitment it takes to really do something right.
Fair re his age , although this is his 22nd year by birth year , and as I have said many times , I do HOPE he becomes a plus player , but I also was the one who identified the displeasure the organization has with him well before it became public.

There have been issues and as we know see , continue to be and even more so . It is up to the player to go forward , or not. We'll see , and for this teams sake I hope he decides to "get it " .

jetkarma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-12-2013, 07:40 PM
Fuelled by Passion

So what is the problem with Burmi? His last-name?

Fuelled by Passion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-12-2013, 07:54 PM
jimmycrackcorn
HFBoards Sponsor

vCash: 200
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fuelled by Passion View Post
So what is the problem with Burmi? His last-name?
He has been ineffective lately. His last name could be Smith - doesn't change anything.

jimmycrackcorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-12-2013, 08:02 PM
Fuelled by Passion

So when he was arguably best player (among best) on a team for first 10 games and some others were teribad why didn't they get the same treatment?

Old
03-12-2013, 08:55 PM
jimmycrackcorn
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
So when he was arguably best player (among best) on a team for first 10 games and some others were teribad why didn't they get the same treatment?
Ask Noel. Fact is Burmi has not been good lately. Plus, you don't get in coach's good books when you are laughing it up while being benched. Just saying...

Old
03-12-2013, 09:07 PM
Fuelled by Passion

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmycrackcorn View Post
Ask Noel. Fact is Burmi has not been good lately. Plus, you don't get in coach's good books when you are laughing it up while being benched. Just saying...
So when he was good he wasn't even rewarded with more PP time or more quality ice-time. And as soon as he under performed for 1 period he got benched. Eventho no one else got same treatment. I hate double standards and that's pure display of it.
When Burmistrov is good the best he gets is garbage time and maybe 15 sec of PP, he makes one mistake he is in dog-house. I guess that's why he laughs, he is in lose-lose situation, did you want him to commit suicide?
Noel should look at the mirror first and ask himself did he treat the kid fair and same way he treats others

Old
03-12-2013, 10:02 PM
jimmycrackcorn
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
So when he was good he wasn't even rewarded with more PP time or more quality ice-time. And as soon as he under performed for 1 period he got benched. Eventho no one else got same treatment. I hate double standards and that's pure display of it.
When Burmistrov is good the best he gets is garbage time and maybe 15 sec of PP, he makes one mistake he is in dog-house. I guess that's why he laughs, he is in lose-lose situation, did you want him to commit suicide?
Noel should look at the mirror first and ask himself did he treat the kid fair and same way he treats others
Whatever. Apparently Burmi wasn't missed tonight. I hope when he gets back in he starts taking this business seriously.

Old
03-12-2013, 10:17 PM
sipowicz
The Original

vCash: 1989
Quote:
His good was not turning over the puck and playing well defensviley, he HAS NEVER been a threat offensively. He looked good when NO ONE on the team was scoring including Burmi. Lets get real here.

sipowicz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-12-2013, 10:35 PM
garret9
AKA#VitoCorrelationi

From Lawless during the intermission... (not word for word because I didn't write it down)

Talked to execs... I wouldn't put much into the trade rumours... They think Burmistrov will be a Jet for a long while... Hasn't gotten to his potential yet... Still has lots of promise...

garret9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-12-2013, 10:56 PM
Fuelled by Passion

Quote:
Originally Posted by sipowicz View Post
His good was not turning over the puck and playing well defensviley, he HAS NEVER been a threat offensively. He looked good when NO ONE on the team was scoring including Burmi. Lets get real here.
Sure let's get real.
He has 7 giveaways in 25 games, 1 giveaway in 3+ games
He was #2 on a team before tonight's game in +/-
He still is #2 on a team in hits (which is awesome considering his size)
He was playing defensively cuz that is the role coaches and management wanted him to play. And he has excellent numbers for a defensive forward. Easily our best defensive forward.
Complaining about Burmistrov not producing offensively is a joke considering his line-mates, amount of garbage time and lack of quality time for most of the season.
And even then he outscored/outhit and outplayed defensively and offensively Jokinen who is getting paid 4.5 mil.

Old
03-12-2013, 11:02 PM
garret9
AKA#VitoCorrelationi

Burmi is outscoring Jokinen 2:1 when you take in account icetime... and that's WITHOUT counting PP.

Old
03-12-2013, 11:11 PM
hexrae

Not sure if it's been posted yet (since I haven't read the entire thread) but...

Burmi was rushed by Atlanta, so now he's a 21 year old "NHL Vet" with 175 games played. If you follow Scheifele's development path, he should have had 2 additional years in junior (so long as he was eligible) and his 3rd year (this year) in the A (or the NHL if he was ready).

But since we live in the current space-time continuum he's a member of the Winnipeg Jets and we do owe him some patience.

Also, from his draft year (2010) only Seguin has played more games with Fowler a close second (Hall and Skinner are close as well but have had injuries). How's that for some perspective?

hexrae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-12-2013, 11:15 PM
Scheifele55

Winnipeg sohuld have kept him in the AHL. He has Selke Trophy skills, he doesn't have hte offensive component and may never, but he does have the defensive component and if he puts all his talents together his offensive game could improve drastically. I would be VERY ANGRY if Winnpeg traded him.

Scheifele55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-12-2013, 11:16 PM
garret9
AKA#VitoCorrelationi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Burmistrov08 View Post
Winnipeg sohuld have kept him in the AHL. He has Selke Trophy skills, he doesn't have hte offensive component and may never, but he does have the defensive component and if he puts all his talents together his offensive game could improve drastically. I would be VERY ANGRY if Winnpeg traded him.
Burmi you can't argue for yourself

Old
03-13-2013, 12:10 AM
Vander Teemuchuk

Quote:
Originally Posted by garret9 View Post
Burmi you can't argue for yourself

I still think this is all being blown out of proportion. I see a guy who was playing unacceptable hockey over the past 5-6 games. Noel finally had to sit him down. I hope sits out at least one more. Not because of anything Burmi did, but I don't think it would be right to change the winning line-up from tonight. One thing I agree with Don Grapes about (?) haha.

I have little doubt that Burmi is a big part of our current and future. And I can't wait to see him get back into his January / February form.

Vander Teemuchuk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-13-2013, 12:55 AM
JetsHomer

He better at least get a spot on the 4th line and a chance at earning a spot of the next forward in the doghouse. If they continue to sit him I'll be pissed

JetsHomer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-13-2013, 12:55 AM
jetsfan8

i still think it has more to do with the opponent we were facing, as well as a wake up call type message to burmi, as he did with wellwood(that worked well)

jetsfan8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-13-2013, 01:03 AM
jetsfan8

i should add, i also think that the media is taking this way too far, they are not going to trade burmistrov.
to see the trade rumours that suggest burmistrov being traded just make me sick..

Old
03-13-2013, 01:09 AM
jetsfan8

Quote:
Originally Posted by hexrae View Post
Not sure if it's been posted yet (since I haven't read the entire thread) but...

Burmi was rushed by Atlanta, so now he's a 21 year old "NHL Vet" with 175 games played. If you follow Scheifele's development path, he should have had 2 additional years in junior (so long as he was eligible) and his 3rd year (this year) in the A (or the NHL if he was ready).

But since we live in the current space-time continuum he's a member of the Winnipeg Jets and we do owe him some patience.

Also, from his draft year (2010) only Seguin has played more games with Fowler a close second (Hall and Skinner are close as well but have had injuries). How's that for some perspective?
exactly, we have really only owned burmostrov for one year, and this season i have a hard time taking much out of it, as it is after a lockout(burmi was in ahl, got 11 points in 22 games) and then he rushes back into the nhl shortened season. we cant just call it quits on him in a little over a year, i mean scheifele has been in winnipeg just as long as burmistrov has.

Old
03-13-2013, 06:23 AM
KapG

Quote:
As an outsider who has owned burmi for the last 2+ years ( in a veeeeeeeeeery serious keeper league) and have followed him quite closely. You hit the nail on the head with that post IMO. So did everyone else who made the jokinen comparisons. I guess its just easier to bench the young guy.

Last edited by KapG: 03-13-2013 at 06:29 AM.
KapG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-13-2013, 07:13 AM
KingBogo
Admitted Homer

vCash: 1235
I don't have a problem with Burmi being a scratch last night. I agree with he was rushed into the NHL and still has a lot of upside, but he also needs to get a lot more consistent. So he spends a night in the press box, suck it up and learn from it. It happened to coincide with one of the best efforts of the season by the team. Another healthy scratch might really send a message.

KingBogo is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-13-2013, 07:40 AM
HannuJ

vCash: 367
it is all about making accountable. guessing there are issues beyond his yuckfest during that benching.
probably showed a bad attitude at practice and mailed it in.

benching does one of 2 things:

-lights a fire under your arse a la Wellwood
-crushes your confidence

HannuJ is online now   Reply With Quote