*OFFICIAL* Erie Otters 2013 Off-Season Thread

Closed Thread

Old
03-12-2013, 11:37 PM
OHLFan8771

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by mapleleaf979 View Post
Erie has there first rounder #2, second rounder #21. After that they draft in the 5th round? Is that right?

They have great options with both early picks. Selecting 2 rosters players should not be a challenge. That #21 pick is just as important as that #2.
That is correct on the draft picks, they had an additional 2nd i believe but gave it away in the Wigle trade.
I agree that the number 21 pick is extremely important as well. They can not afford to miss on either of those 2 picks if they want to be a contending team down the road.

Old
03-13-2013, 07:20 AM
hockeylegend11

Quote:
Originally Posted by OHLFan8771 View Post
That is correct on the draft picks, they had an additional 2nd i believe but gave it away in the Wigle trade.
I agree that the number 21 pick is extremely important as well. They can not afford to miss on either of those 2 picks if they want to be a contending team down the road.
That is true Erie had Sarnia's 2nd rder but traded it to NF in the Wigle trade u
referred
As well Nf trades that pick to Windsor as part of the conditions in the Maletta trade
If Niagara did not acquire a 2nd rder prior to the draft,the Spits would have received
a 2014 2nd rder for Maletta which was the original part of the deal

Old
03-13-2013, 08:30 AM
Otters Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by PetesFan94 View Post
Who are Erie fans hoping for in the draft? Spencer? Crouse? Strome? Henley? Let me know what you guys think!
Just as OHLFan said i would take Spencer in a heart beat. We are such need of three or four defensemen that i dont see how you can't take Spencer. I don't care if he won't report,trade him teams will line-up to get in on that.

I also hope as OHLFan has stated before that Erie will trade Harper for more defensive help in the off season. Our first two picks are huge for this club same with our import pick. Defense Defense Defense

Old
03-13-2013, 09:28 AM
defensehockey19

Quote:
Originally Posted by Otters Fan View Post
Just as OHLFan said i would take Spencer in a heart beat. We are such need of three or four defensemen that i dont see how you can't take Spencer. I don't care if he won't report,trade him teams will line-up to get in on that.

I also hope as OHLFan has stated before that Erie will trade Harper for more defensive help in the off season. Our first two picks are huge for this club same with our import pick. Defense Defense Defense
A solid defence in front of Dansk will definitely put some wins on the board.

Old
03-13-2013, 05:51 PM
ottergolfer

Quote:
Originally Posted by PetesFan94 View Post
A solid defence in front of Dansk will definitely put some wins on the board.

that and learning to stop the glove hand side high shot

Old
03-13-2013, 05:56 PM
OHLFan8771

Quote:
Originally Posted by ottergolfer View Post
that and learning to stop the glove hand side high shot
That certainly seems to be his weak point. Off season training back in Sweden and with the Blue Jackets should help with that though.

Old
03-13-2013, 09:56 PM
dharry
Rookie User

First goal tonight, high glove side. Other two goals from both D going to the puck carrier leaving a guy wide open. Happens way too much. Thought the team played well, but London goalie made the stops.

Old
03-14-2013, 02:58 PM
OHLFan8771

Quote:
Originally Posted by dharry View Post
First goal tonight, high glove side. Other two goals from both D going to the puck carrier leaving a guy wide open. Happens way too much. Thought the team played well, but London goalie made the stops.
Stolarz played a great game and secured London's lead in the third. I thought Dansk played well but unfortunately it was evident that some of the players have packed it in for the season.

Old
03-14-2013, 02:59 PM
OHLFan8771

Quote:
official application to transfer a team to this city or anywhere . With the deadline for that being Dec. 31, that opportunity is now long past.

However, Branch seemed to leave the door open a crack. Wide enough for a deal to squeeze through under the right circumstances. The Dec. 31 rule could be adjusted, he says, if a compelling case could be made.

Mr branch makes his own rules and do not forget he is Bassin's buddy
Season ticket holder renewals went out yesterday and based on what Bassin has said about next year it seems there is nearly no way the team moves.

Old
03-14-2013, 07:01 PM
NHL Fanatic

Word is that Bassin is really trying to move the team preferably back to Ontario, regardless of the renovations. But will only do so under the right circumstances seeing as Hamilton was a bust.

Old
03-14-2013, 08:01 PM
OHLFan8771

Quote:
Originally Posted by NHL Fanatic View Post
Word is that Bassin is really trying to move the team preferably back to Ontario, regardless of the renovations. But will only do so under the right circumstances seeing as Hamilton was a bust.
That is true but there is more to the story though.

Old
03-16-2013, 03:13 PM
KnightSpit

More To The Story And Will Players Report ?

Quote:
That is true but there is more to the story though.
Hey OHL fan, any idea what the rest of the story is, or will be ? Don't know how moving the team will improve your product on the ice and considering ERIE'S record, do you really think another city, will come even close to the amazing turn out ERIE fans give, in spite of the team performance. I was reading on some site, or news article, that out of their last 135 games, ERIE has only won 28, WOW !, is that true?

I guess you guys finnishing as low as you do, will get some high picks in the 2013 draft, but do you really think these players under the circumstances will even report ? As good as they are,16 year olds can rarely save a team.

LONDON, never, ever has that problem, whether the player is drafted in the Ist round or 15th round, when LONDON players are asked "Will you report if we draft you ?" their response is "Hell I would walk to training camp if I have to"

Good luck man, your city and the fans deserve a winning team !

Old
03-16-2013, 04:32 PM
ottergolfer

Quote:
Originally Posted by KnightSpit View Post
Hey OHL fan, any idea what the rest of the story is, or will be ? Don't know how moving the team will improve your product on the ice and considering ERIE'S record, do you really think another city, will come even close to the amazing turn out ERIE fans give, in spite of the team performance. I was reading on some site, or news article, that out of their last 135 games, ERIE has only won 28, WOW !, is that true?

I guess you guys finnishing as low as you do, will get some high picks in the 2013 draft, but do you really think these players under the circumstances will even report ? As good as they are,16 year olds can rarely save a team.

LONDON, never, ever has that problem, whether the player is drafted in the Ist round or 15th round, when LONDON players are asked "Will you report if we draft you ?" their response is "Hell I would walk to training camp if I have to"

For tonight's game , the last of the year in which the Otters won 18 there are, as of 4:00 less than a hand full of tickets left.
I would ask the fans of London or ANY other O H L team would they have a sell out with a record like ours?

I have said all along the location of the team does not matter.. this group of players in any other city would still be the same players on the ice . is this a true statement?
bring the new management here , if the team is sold. to say if the new owners are Canadian, they will move the team is foolish ,I M H O .
Bassin is Canadian, right? so why not take advantage of the new digs and LOYAL fan base?

let me hear your reasons for a move......

Last edited by ottergolfer: 03-16-2013 at 04:40 PM. Reason: spelling error
Old
03-16-2013, 06:13 PM
SDRFAOBFH1

Quote:
For tonight's game , the last of the year in which the Otters won 18 there are, as of 4:00 less than a hand full of tickets left.
I would ask the fans of London or ANY other O H L team would they have a sell out with a record like ours?

I have said all along the location of the team does not matter.. this group of players in any other city would still be the same players on the ice . is this a true statement?
bring the new management here , if the team is sold. to say if the new owners are Canadian, they will move the team is foolish ,I M H O .
Bassin is Canadian, right? so why not take advantage of the new digs and LOYAL fan base?

let me hear your reasons for a move......
Bassin is the problem, what else needs to said. He has the fans', a great facility, what else does he need besides a better product on the ice. One knows the team is directly a reflection of the management and their lack of a solid foundation and hockey acumen. Poor drafting, poor-poor trading record etc. Playing players based on what? hearsay? because some are not based on their prior results or they would not see the ice if anyone one with some sense was in charge.

As always I wish the players the best. As for rest, good riddance.

Old
03-16-2013, 06:58 PM
BOOYA

Quote:
Originally Posted by KnightSpit View Post

If I had people $tuffing money and gift$ in my pocket like the knight$ do I would report to timbuckto!!!

Old
03-16-2013, 07:56 PM
OHLFan8771

At the game tonight and asst coach syd is not on the bench. Not sure why yet.

Old
03-16-2013, 08:33 PM
OHLFan8771

Apparently syd is out of town in New Jersey for a ceremony. There is still hope that maybe he wont be back next season.

And congrats to mcdavid for setting the team record for points by a rookie tonight.

Last edited by OHLFan8771: 03-16-2013 at 08:40 PM.
Old
03-16-2013, 10:46 PM
Otters Fan

Quote:
At the game tonight and asst coach syd is not on the bench. Not sure why yet.
I saw that and was thinking maybe just maybe they finally got rid of him. So much for that

Old
03-17-2013, 11:14 AM
SDRFAOBFH1

Quote:
I saw that and was thinking maybe just maybe they finally got rid of him. So much for that
Unfortunately it's too late for some players that Syds screwed over...good riddance.

Old
03-17-2013, 05:39 PM
Otters Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by SDRFAOBFH1 View Post
Unfortunately it's too late for some players that Syds screwed over...good riddance.
First off let me start by saying i hope they do fire him in the off season. If he is the teams defense coach then he should have been gone years ago.Its clear you have something against the front office or some on the staff. That all fine and good i for one don't agree with everything they do or have done.
But who has he screwed over and how? As i said i really hope they do get rid of him,but to make statements like that is silly if you don't have something to back it up.
By the way he hasn't been fired yet,he was in NJ for last nights game. They were honoring his old goalie coach.

Old
03-17-2013, 09:11 PM
SDRFAOBFH1

Quote:
First off let me start by saying i hope they do fire him in the off season. If he is the teams defense coach then he should have been gone years ago.Its clear you have something against the front office or some on the staff. That all fine and good i for one don't agree with everything they do or have done.
But who has he screwed over and how? As i said i really hope they do get rid of him,but to make statements like that is silly if you don't have something to back it up.
By the way he hasn't been fired yet,he was in NJ for last nights game. They were honoring his old goalie coach.
Thanks for your concern.

Erie has a game, it's final day of the season. It's no brainer! you show up to support your team, the one you help mold...PS showed a lack of respect to the Erie players, (old coach or NOT).

Last edited by SDRFAOBFH1: 03-17-2013 at 11:19 PM. Reason: punctuation(thanks)
Old
03-19-2013, 10:13 AM
bigdogsnipedaddy

How long does Knoblauch have in his deal? I hadnt heard what the initial length of contract was or if it was even announced. thanks.

Old
03-19-2013, 12:52 PM
OHLFan8771

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigdogsnipedaddy View Post
How long does Knoblauch have in his deal? I hadnt heard what the initial length of contract was or if it was even announced. thanks.
I believe that he signed a two year deal.

Another note I agree with some of the above posts on Syd. I know the season was over but I do not think a retirement ceremony is the reason he should miss a game. He should be committed to the team a bit more in my opinion. I know you have all probably seen the video of Sherry thanking the fans for their loyalty and next two years are going to be win filled. Well to be honest I will not take him all that serious until he does step one and that is let Syd go. He should have been gone 10 years ago. I said it before he was able to fire Ftorek in a season dedicated to his daughter, so why can't he pull the trigger on Syd, friends or not.

Old
03-22-2013, 03:18 PM
Nothing Else Maattas

Quote:
Victor Fernandes ‏@GoErieHockey 6m
Assistant coach Peter Sidorkiewicz has confirmed @ErieOtters won't renew his contract, which expires this season #erielive
Sidorkiewicz said @ErieOtters' plan likely is to hire 2 younger assistant coaches. "They're looking at going in another direction," he said.
Sidorkiewicz said: "It's like a kick in the gut. But I have to get off the floor. I have to find a new job. Maybe it was time (to leave)
https://twitter.com/GoErieHockey/sta...78726717534211

Old
03-22-2013, 06:01 PM
OHLFan8771

Quote:
Originally Posted by Connor McJesus View Post
Maybe Bassin after all is serious about taking a new direction with this team. The record was not where we all would have liked but he has made a few good steps in the right direction for next season.

Closed Thread