HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Notices

Rangers / Sabres - Haley is a Second Liner

View Poll Results: Stars of the game
Jhonas Hasek 22 43.14%
Dominik Enroth 29 56.86%
Voters: 51. You may not vote on this poll

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
03-12-2013, 10:35 PM
  #251
Kershaw
 
Kershaw's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Country:
Posts: 25,519
vCash: 50
I feel so bad for Sam. He did nothing wrong and he's the nicest guy you'll ever meet.

This is stuff you get fired over. Tortorella with his arrogance and smugness is a disgrace for this team.

Kershaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-12-2013, 10:38 PM
  #252
17futurecap
Registered User
 
17futurecap's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: NJ
Country: United States
Posts: 6,562
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kershaw View Post
I feel so bad for Sam. He did nothing wrong and he's the nicest guy you'll ever meet.

This is stuff you get fired over. Tortorella with his arrogance and smugness is a disgrace for this team.
Torts knows him and Sam get paid by the same guy so he would never dare go back at him. I'm sure Sam knows not to take it to heart, but I would have been annoyed if I was him.

17futurecap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-12-2013, 10:39 PM
  #253
JeffMangum
A Love Supreme
 
JeffMangum's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Listening to music
Country: United States
Posts: 54,886
vCash: 300
Quote:
Originally Posted by charlie460 View Post
Agreed.

Had to shut it off when he started getting an attitude with Sam.

Didn't want to punch my computer screen.

__________________

#TannerGlass2014
SEEN YOUR VIDEO!
#SheWentToHarvard
JeffMangum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-12-2013, 10:40 PM
  #254
Heyoooo*
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Posts: 987
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zenith View Post
2004 TBL.

That being said, this team should have the record it has with the talent available to Torts. He's making terrible decisions game in and game out.

I disagree. That team won largely on the merit of chemistry and hard work.

It didnt have near the skill level of the guys on this team.

Heyoooo* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-12-2013, 10:40 PM
  #255
Silence Of The Plams
All these feels
 
Silence Of The Plams's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Lancaster, NY
Country: United States
Posts: 16,988
vCash: 500
Growing tired of these rants and tirades by Torts. Always everyone else's faults.

Silence Of The Plams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-12-2013, 10:43 PM
  #256
JeffMangum
A Love Supreme
 
JeffMangum's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Listening to music
Country: United States
Posts: 54,886
vCash: 300
Quote:
Originally Posted by Heyoooo View Post
I disagree. That team won largely on the merit of chemistry and hard work.

It didnt have near the skill level of the guys on this team.
MSL, Richards, Lecavalier, Boyle.

The Rangers don't have a player like Boyle on their blueline. And they don't have a player like MSL up front. Richards is Richards, although older and slower. Nash is better than Lecavalier was at that point, but Lecavalier was a center. 6'4 centers are hard to come by with that kind of skill.

It's a different team, but for a one season run, I'd probably take that team over this one. I've seen no signs of this team being superior in any way.

JeffMangum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-12-2013, 10:44 PM
  #257
Rangers Fail
4 8 15 16 23 42
 
Rangers Fail's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: NY
Country: United States
Posts: 17,487
vCash: 500
I would at first, think that Torts would be trying to deflect media attention away from the players...

but then he asked the media what the players told them, and also said that he was disappointed with the big guys. This leads me to conclude that he is not trying the deflect media attention to him. What other motive can he have for yelling at Sam? I have no idea.

Rangers Fail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-12-2013, 10:45 PM
  #258
Problematique
Registered User
 
Problematique's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Australia
Country: Australia
Posts: 381
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Guess What View Post
Growing tired of these rants and tirades by Torts. Always everyone else's faults.
The man just cannot make adjustments during a game and is too stubborn to tap into the offensive potential of the first line we have..

It really is a shame there isn't really anyone to replace him with.

Problematique is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-12-2013, 10:46 PM
  #259
trilobyte
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Alberta
Posts: 12,543
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kershaw View Post
I feel so bad for Sam. He did nothing wrong and he's the nicest guy you'll ever meet.

This is stuff you get fired over. Tortorella with his arrogance and smugness is a disgrace for this team.
Sather is fairly arrogant and smug, so who is going to fire Tortorella?

trilobyte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-12-2013, 10:46 PM
  #260
Heyoooo*
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Posts: 987
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zenith View Post
MSL, Richards, Lecavalier, Boyle.

The Rangers don't have a player like Boyle on their blueline. And they don't have a player like MSL up front. Richards is Richards, although older and slower. Nash is better than Lecavalier was at that point, but Lecavalier was a center. 6'4 centers are hard to come by with that kind of skill.

It's a different team, but for a one season run, I'd probably take that team over this one. I've seen no signs of this team being superior in any way.

Individual talent alone I disagree.

Vezina goalie in Lundqvist, the biggest trump card of them all.

Nash, Gaborik, Richards. Two are capable of 40 goals, all three of 80 points. Callahan, Step and Hagelin 50-60. Theres no Boyle, but Del Zotto is capable of 39 points, which is what Boyle had that season. Staal, McDonagh, Girardi are also better defensively than their blueline.

All of this on paper of course.

That TB team barely won the final two rounds and I place that entirely on Bulin and Richards.


Last edited by Heyoooo*: 03-12-2013 at 10:53 PM.
Heyoooo* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-12-2013, 10:47 PM
  #261
Zamboner
Your move, creep.
 
Zamboner's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: NY
Country: United States
Posts: 1,648
vCash: 500
Tortorella is an embarrassment. I put up with him last year, because the Rangers were winning, but the fact is, he continuously acts like child, and doesn't have the hockey IQ for me to be willing to put up with it. If you're Parcells or Belichick, you can get away with being a temperamental baby. Tortorella hasn't done **** here, and his constant mishandling of a really good roster, is a fireable offense. I watched behind the bench today, and this meathead said he doesn't pay attention to stats. It's 2013. Haven't stats won, at this point? Just a stubborn little boy. NOBODY PUTS SAMMY IN A CORNER!

Zamboner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-12-2013, 10:49 PM
  #262
Silence Of The Plams
All these feels
 
Silence Of The Plams's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Lancaster, NY
Country: United States
Posts: 16,988
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by trilobyte View Post
Sather is fairly arrogant and smug, so who is going to fire Tortorella?
Sather. If they don't start winning soon Sather's gonna lay the hammer down.

Silence Of The Plams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-12-2013, 10:49 PM
  #263
Lundsanity30
Registered User
 
Lundsanity30's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 9,996
vCash: 500
ok now that I'm level headed now.. I dont think the Rangers are anywhere near as bad as we make them out to be. They sucked tonight absolutely. but 4 of our losses came with Nash out of the lineup. Honestly, besides Chi, Ana, Bos, Mtl, Pitts, everyone is borderline, but anything can happen when the playoffs start.

Lundsanity30 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-12-2013, 10:54 PM
  #264
TankLarkin
Registered User
 
TankLarkin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Rochester, NY
Country: United States
Posts: 519
vCash: 500
i just wasted 6 hours going to game. disgusting.

TankLarkin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-12-2013, 10:54 PM
  #265
Heyoooo*
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Posts: 987
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lundsanity30 View Post
ok now that I'm level headed now.. I dont think the Rangers are anywhere near as bad as we make them out to be. They sucked tonight absolutely. but 4 of our losses came with Nash out of the lineup. Honestly, besides Chi, Ana, Bos, Mtl, Pitts, everyone is borderline, but anything can happen when the playoffs start.

Boston, Pittsburgh and Montreal are all clearly better than us.

New Jersey, Toronto, Carolina, Ottawa and Philly are all at best, 50/50 against us.

Nothings guaranteed here.

Heyoooo* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-12-2013, 10:54 PM
  #266
OverTheCap
Registered User
 
OverTheCap's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 9,610
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zenith View Post
MSL, Richards, Lecavalier, Boyle.

The Rangers don't have a player like Boyle on their blueline. And they don't have a player like MSL up front. Richards is Richards, although older and slower. Nash is better than Lecavalier was at that point, but Lecavalier was a center. 6'4 centers are hard to come by with that kind of skill.

It's a different team, but for a one season run, I'd probably take that team over this one. I've seen no signs of this team being superior in any way.
That team also had better depth than this one, and a good mix of veterans - Stillman, Andreychuk, Modin, Feds. Kubina was pretty good that season too. Stillman wasn't even part of the "big 3" and he was top 10 in the league in scoring that year.

OverTheCap is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-12-2013, 10:55 PM
  #267
Silence Of The Plams
All these feels
 
Silence Of The Plams's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Lancaster, NY
Country: United States
Posts: 16,988
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by TankLarkin View Post
i just wasted 6 hours going to game. disgusting.
Same me and another poster met up and went. Christ, such a bad game.

Silence Of The Plams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-12-2013, 10:55 PM
  #268
trilobyte
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Alberta
Posts: 12,543
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Guess What View Post
Sather. If they don't start winning soon Sather's gonna lay the hammer down.
One thing I remember is how excited James Dolan Jr. was last season. I honestly had never read a word from the guy about his 'ice-hockey holding' as I call it. He seemed to have suddenly noticed he owned a team that might possibly win Lord Stanley's Cup.

I wonder if he might be a bit miffed this season if it comes down to white knuckle time making the playoffs. In other words, could the hammer come down on Sather some day?

trilobyte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-12-2013, 10:56 PM
  #269
Riverdale
Registered User
 
Riverdale's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Country: United States
Posts: 5,590
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lundsanity30 View Post
ok now that I'm level headed now.. I dont think the Rangers are anywhere near as bad as we make them out to be. They sucked tonight absolutely. but 4 of our losses came with Nash out of the lineup. Honestly, besides Chi, Ana, Bos, Mtl, Pitts, everyone is borderline, but anything can happen when the playoffs start.
For me its the major inconsistency. I can deal with losses, I can't deal with the team playing like they don't even give a crap.

This team just feels like it has less heart. No killer instinct or drive. Other players take runs at the team and there is no retaliation, no standing up for each other. They are free to whack away at Hank and get an open invitation to. It feels like this isn't a team, just a cluster**** of players thrown together.

I think we will make the playoffs but I am not expecting to get out of he first round.

Riverdale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-12-2013, 10:57 PM
  #270
Lundsanity30
Registered User
 
Lundsanity30's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 9,996
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Heyoooo View Post
Boston, Pittsburgh and Montreal are all clearly better than us.

New Jersey, Toronto, Carolina, Ottawa and Philly are all at best, 50/50 against us.

Nothings guaranteed here.
never said anything was guaranteed. I simply said get in whether 1st or 8th and anything can happen. The best team rarely wins in the playoffs. Its about whoever gets hot.

Its all about getting our **** together though.

Lundsanity30 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-12-2013, 10:58 PM
  #271
Lundsanity30
Registered User
 
Lundsanity30's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 9,996
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Riverdale View Post
For me its the major inconsistency. I can deal with losses, I can't deal with the team playing like they don't even give a crap.

This team just feels like it has less heart. No killer instinct or drive. Other players take runs at the team and there is no retaliation, no standing up for each other. They are free to whack away at Hank and get an open invitation to. It feels like this isn't a team, just a cluster**** of players thrown together.

I think we will make the playoffs but I am not expecting to get out of he first round.
well to use an NBA reference, this kinda sounds like the Heat in their first year. They eventually got it together, maybe the Rangers will too.

Lundsanity30 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-12-2013, 10:58 PM
  #272
JeffMangum
A Love Supreme
 
JeffMangum's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Listening to music
Country: United States
Posts: 54,886
vCash: 300
For all the decisions Tortorella has made that are flat out baffling, putting Haley with Stepan/Callahan wasn't a horrible decision. Gaborik looks like he couldn't care less out there, so why not put a sparkplug like Haley on that line, see if he could provide a spark. That line was actually creating some offense out there, Haley was an inch away from tying the game.

JeffMangum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-12-2013, 10:58 PM
  #273
Drewbackatu*
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Posts: 3,048
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zamboner View Post
Tortorella is an embarrassment. I put up with him last year, because the Rangers were winning, but the fact is, he continuously acts like child, and doesn't have the hockey IQ for me to be willing to put up with it. If you're Parcells or Belichick, you can get away with being a temperamental baby. Tortorella hasn't done **** here, and his constant mishandling of a really good roster, is a fireable offense. I watched behind the bench today, and this meathead said he doesn't pay attention to stats. It's 2013. Haven't stats won, at this point? Just a stubborn little boy. NOBODY PUTS SAMMY IN A CORNER!
Pipe down already; you sound like a 2 year old *****ing and moaning about utter nonsense!

Drewbackatu* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-12-2013, 10:59 PM
  #274
Islanderfan17
Registered User
 
Islanderfan17's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Posts: 4,630
vCash: 500
I thought Haley was a great pick up for you guys and I thought we were dumb for letting him go, but a first liner? Holy ****

Islanderfan17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-12-2013, 10:59 PM
  #275
Bernie Parent 1974
Registered User
 
Bernie Parent 1974's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Country: United States
Posts: 3,181
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by charlie460 View Post

that is amazing. do you Ranger fans like to see that from Torts ?
general comments, not to Rosen, sepecifically.
or would you rather he keep that behind closed doors ?

Bernie Parent 1974 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:35 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.