HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

JT Miller

Closed Thread

Old
03-12-2013, 06:07 PM
Rangers Fail
free james sheppard

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by -31- View Post
I think that is all the smilies.
We're missing the walrus.

Old
03-12-2013, 07:06 PM
The Sweetness

Quote:
Originally Posted by bernmeister View Post
And you guys were worried.....

some of you said "NO WAY" :

you were all so :

when I said, give him a shot, he should take... you insisted on

He who laughs last ::
Shoot me now if this is how kids will communicate in the future...

Old
03-12-2013, 08:17 PM
Bleed Ranger Blue

Im officially worried about this kid's development now. He seems to have hit a wall. Not having the positive type of impact on the game he was having last month.

Old
03-12-2013, 08:19 PM
OverTheCap

I love how Miller is always engaged and involved, but he makes a lot of boneheaded mistakes. He has the potential to be a smart player but he's certainly not playing that way right now. Far too careless and fancy with the puck when he should be making the simple play.

Old
03-12-2013, 08:23 PM
Richter Scale

Quote:
Originally Posted by bernmeister View Post
And you guys were worried.....

some of you said "NO WAY" :

you were all so :

when I said, give him a shot, he should take... you insisted on

He who laughs last ::
How'd you like his ****in two dipsht moves tonight - one right through the front of the net, the other trying to be ****in Wayne Gretzky with the hands of Brian Boyle leading to a 3 on 2 against. They were the type of braindead plays a kid not ready for the NHL makes -- or someone whose head was inflated far too large by his early goals. They were more obvious tonight, but hes been making defensively stupid plays all year. Right now he is pretty much plugging a hole in our lineup. Next year, maybe. So far this year I am unimpressed. Cue meme.

Old
03-12-2013, 08:33 PM
Cmox

I'm a little worried that he may be too over confident. Lots of ballsy plays.

Old
03-12-2013, 08:35 PM
Glen Sathers Cigar
Sather 4 Ever

One thing that bothers me about Miller is he never shoots. He always holds onto the puck for that extra second and tries to make an extra move. He needs to keep it simple and when he's in a scoring area, to take the shot.

Old
03-12-2013, 08:37 PM
Legend23

He is a kid and they don't have any other realistic choice at this point. We already have Richards and Boyle.

Old
03-12-2013, 08:47 PM
bouds

Bad game tonight, dreadful mistakes.

Old
03-12-2013, 08:49 PM
ImIdaho
Choo-Choo-Choose me!

Is Kreider really worse than Miller?

Old
03-12-2013, 09:02 PM
Ryan McDonut
Re-sign Glass

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImIdaho View Post
Is Kreider really worse than Miller?
miller has made a ton more mistakes. he should probably go down to hartford soon

Old
03-12-2013, 09:14 PM
OverTheCap

Ideally, both Miller and Kreider should be in Hartford. Miller makes a ton of mistakes but he takes initiative and plays with confidence (probably a little too much of it). Kreider plays a safer game but he doesn't always move his feet and is content to let the play come to him. I have a feeling we'll see Kreider again before the season ends, though.

Old
03-12-2013, 09:20 PM
Rangers Fail
free james sheppard

Dumb, dumb mistakes. That play where he cut right in front of the crease, with two Buffalo players surrounding him, gave me a heart attack. I don't care about his "confidence with the puck." Crosby has confidence with the puck. He doesn't show it by cutting in front of his goalie.

Old
03-12-2013, 09:26 PM
Heyoooo*

I like Miller, and he is confident with the puck and makes ballsy plays, but when youre a rookie and playing under Torts, its not wise.

Surprised he hasnt been demoted yet. Then we can Gaborik play with Boyle and Haley or Bickel. How exciting.

Old
03-12-2013, 09:35 PM
trilobyte

I would think that if Miller sees video of that play where he attempts to stickhandle out of the zone in the 3rd (think it was) period and turned it over, he would facepalm. He was pickpocketed so neatly, so quickly, it was over in a flash. He is not deft enough with the puck to do that, at least shouldn't try it in such a risky situation.
I hope he would make a mental note to himself.

Making mistakes is the road to learning.

Old
03-12-2013, 09:49 PM
Glen Sathers Cigar
Sather 4 Ever

Honestly, the only thing keeping Miller on the team is him playing hard and seeming to be more involved. Kreider was playing scared and taking 25 second shifts. Miller is a turnover machine and for everything good he does, he makes two mistakes. I like him and he has great potential but he's been making some pretty big errors. Plus, he's had a few chances where he tries for the extra move instead of shooting-if those chances were on Kreider's stick, he would be shooting the whole way and possibly scoring.

Old
03-12-2013, 10:37 PM
TCRF
RICK. GNASH

vCash: 476
Miller is turning it over too much trying to be dangle machine.

Old
03-12-2013, 10:53 PM
Zamboner
Your move, creep.

What a surprise. The young center gets moved to the wing, for no reason whatsoever, and plays horribly.

Old
03-12-2013, 11:40 PM
ColonialsHockey10

I said a few weeks ago that Miller could very well lead the league in giveaways at some point in his career, partially sarcastic. Everyone made comments like "he's 19, bro", etc.

It has very little to do with him being a rookie, that is the type of player he is. He was doing the same thing in the WJC, he does it in the AHL, and he did it in the OHL. I like that he's confident and think it's a good problem to have. We have far too many mental midgets on this team.

Old
03-13-2013, 07:21 AM
NYR Viper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zamboner View Post
What a surprise. The young center gets moved to the wing, for no reason whatsoever, and plays horribly.
He said he feels more comfortable at wing. He played wing all last year in juniors. The Rangers hope he develops into a center.

Old
03-13-2013, 09:16 AM
Bleed Ranger Blue

Miller's play on Buffalo's 3rd goal was just bizarre. He singlehandedly turned a 3 on 3 rush into a 3 on 2 against. Just skated right into the neutral zone while the Sabres were coming the other way. I know hes 19, but Im not sure I've ever seen anything like that at the NHL level in my life.

Old
03-13-2013, 10:13 AM
district9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greg02 View Post
Sometimes I find it funny how much Dubinsky and Anisimov get underrated. I'm not saying that Miller doesn't have a lot of potential, but Brandon Dubinsky was good at hockey. He put up 45 points, got under people's skins, played good defense, PKed, hit, fought... he was a complete package (for relative values of complete). We all knew how Dubi could put up points- by going to the net and grinding. And even when he wasn't putting up points, he was providing value.

Now, maybe Miller will develop into a good playmaker, or figure out what areas of the ice he needs to get to in order to score, or similar. Right now you can tell he's still learning the game, but he plays with a certain swagger and tenacity that makes me think when he figures it out he'll be a consistent player (something Dubi never was). Regardless, however, I would be thrilled if Miller turns out to be as good of a player as Dubi was.
I'm absolutely not underrating the talent and importance of Brandon Dubinsky, if there's any Ranger that was lost this offseason I would have kept it would definitely be Dubi. Anisimov is an incredible talent, but has a low hockey IQ. I've been saying it for years now, he often has his head down or looks indecisive when he's without the puck in the offensive zone. Both guys brought a lot of jam and played great defense in their time here, but neither was a first liner and neither guy scored consistently. I think Miller is going to be a similar type of player to those guys, not a first liner and not a consistent scorer, but does the little things you like from a hockey player and could slot into the second line for a long time. His ceiling is as a first liner, though.

Old
03-13-2013, 10:18 AM
SoftEuro4thLiner

Good player. Needs one season at CT, will be a 2nd/3rd liner. Hooray, secondary scoring!

Old
03-13-2013, 10:46 AM
Trxjw
Retired.

He's starting to force it now. Can see the frustration building up. This is when I start to get worried about players being put in situations like this.

Old
03-13-2013, 12:17 PM
NYR713

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bleed Ranger Blue View Post
Miller's play on Buffalo's 3rd goal was just bizarre. He singlehandedly turned a 3 on 3 rush into a 3 on 2 against. Just skated right into the neutral zone while the Sabres were coming the other way. I know hes 19, but Im not sure I've ever seen anything like that at the NHL level in my life.
This is very true. Although NY only scored 1 goal, there is a much better chance to tie if the game could be kept at 2-1. Miller absolutely blew is defensive coverage on that 3rd goal and left McD to defend 2 players directly in front of the net. I know he is young and learning, but in this shortened season every game is considered a must win. If NY can snag a vet for the 3rd line, JT would be better served in the A getting his game rounded out and being used as an injury call up.

Closed Thread