HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Ryan Miller on trading block (Millard - Tampa Bay inquiring)

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
03-12-2013, 11:30 PM
  #151
couture23
Sabres & Red Sox
 
couture23's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: GTA/Ottawa
Country: Canada
Posts: 7,945
vCash: 500
This thread will turn into people calling Miller a cry baby (exhibit A ^).

Kypreos is the biggest dumbass in the world, none of his rumours about Miller are true. He's not going anywhere without a substantial return..god some of these proposals are just insulting.

couture23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-12-2013, 11:38 PM
  #152
Layne Staley
The Future
 
Layne Staley's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Posts: 6,408
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Devils Trap View Post
Wouldnt happen this year or next. No way the Devils would just bench Marty nor is it smart to have a 6million dollar backup
I think it's comical you think what's stopping the trade is that you have Brodeur still and not the fact that package is near worthless.

Layne Staley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-12-2013, 11:39 PM
  #153
LEAFANFORLIFE23
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 6,656
vCash: 500
que the Miller to Leafs rumors

LEAFANFORLIFE23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-12-2013, 11:41 PM
  #154
Chandrashekhar Limit
ORANJE 4 LYFE
 
Chandrashekhar Limit's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Waterloo, ON
Country: Bangladesh
Posts: 15,904
vCash: 500
Washington should be all over this.

Chandrashekhar Limit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-12-2013, 11:44 PM
  #155
Man Bear Pig
Registered User
 
Man Bear Pig's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Earth
Posts: 8,802
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by couture23 View Post
This thread will turn into people calling Miller a cry baby (exhibit A ^).

Kypreos is the biggest dumbass in the world, none of his rumours about Miller are true. He's not going anywhere without a substantial return..god some of these proposals are just insulting.
There have been at least two occasions in the last year that I can think of off the top of my head where Miller has come out to the media complaining. How many guys do that? call out the players around them, the management,the owner etc. You may want a substantial return but look at the numbers, one great season and the rest are dead on average in SV% among starters. The goalie market is saturated, you'll have a hard time getting back more than one good piece in return.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LEAFANFORLIFE23 View Post
que the Miller to Leafs rumors
Miller hates the Leafs.

Man Bear Pig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-12-2013, 11:45 PM
  #156
couture23
Sabres & Red Sox
 
couture23's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: GTA/Ottawa
Country: Canada
Posts: 7,945
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by supert View Post
How about no . I would not even trade Whitney for the drama queen . Never have like him and his play has gone down hill on top of that
You wouldn't trade Ryan Whitney for Ryan Miller?

Dear lord some posters on this website really make me question why I come on here sometimes.

couture23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-13-2013, 12:05 AM
  #157
boredmale
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Posts: 22,865
vCash: 500
Chicago probably makes the most sense if Buffalo just wants to try something different(or afraid he will leave as a UFA in Summer 2014)

Crawford
1st Rounder
+

for

Miller
+

(Chicago having to sweeten the pot a little)

boredmale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-13-2013, 12:43 AM
  #158
Karate Johnson
Zemgus is my Copilot
 
Karate Johnson's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Posts: 2,606
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by boredmale View Post
Chicago probably makes the most sense if Buffalo just wants to try something different(or afraid he will leave as a UFA in Summer 2014)

Crawford
1st Rounder
+

for

Miller
+

(Chicago having to sweeten the pot a little)
A little?

Karate Johnson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-13-2013, 12:45 AM
  #159
Descendent*
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Posts: 308
vCash: 500
I saw this coming.

Descendent* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-13-2013, 12:52 AM
  #160
Horvat2Virtanen
HFBoards Sponsor
 
Horvat2Virtanen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Country: Canada
Posts: 33,804
vCash: 50
Tampa seems like the ideal fit, something around Connolly+?

Horvat2Virtanen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-13-2013, 01:12 AM
  #161
CaptPantalones
Registered User
 
CaptPantalones's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Buffalo, NY
Country: United States
Posts: 4,243
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by King Canuck View Post
Tampa seems like the ideal fit, something around Connolly+?
Good fit, but what'll hurt most Eastern teams is the fact Miller would likely prefer to go West to be closer to his wife in Hollywood.

Plus I doubt Regier even considers trading Miller to a team that will be in its division next year

CaptPantalones is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-13-2013, 01:16 AM
  #162
Descendent*
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Posts: 308
vCash: 500
St. Louis for Halak.

Descendent* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-13-2013, 01:20 AM
  #163
ZZamboni
Puttin' on the Foil
 
ZZamboni's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Buffalo, NY
Country: United States
Posts: 10,145
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by boredmale View Post
Chicago probably makes the most sense if Buffalo just wants to try something different(or afraid he will leave as a UFA in Summer 2014)

Crawford
1st Rounder
+

for

Miller
+

(Chicago having to sweeten the pot a little)
To add ...

Buffalo adds Stafford

Chicago adds top prospect on the Icehogs + 2nd rounder

ZZamboni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-13-2013, 01:24 AM
  #164
SECRET SQUIRREL
Registered User
 
SECRET SQUIRREL's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Clarence
Country: Ireland
Posts: 1,173
vCash: 500
STL : Miller + Stafford

BUF : Halak + Oshie

Fair?

SECRET SQUIRREL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-13-2013, 01:25 AM
  #165
lakai17
Registered User
 
lakai17's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Country: Canada
Posts: 10,719
vCash: 50


it's only Nick Kypreos talking.


lakai17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-13-2013, 01:26 AM
  #166
Exit Dose
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Cerritos, CA
Country: United States
Posts: 17,966
vCash: 500
If Miller's wife wants to live close to LA, then I think she's going to have to settle on a long commute. Neither team here needs a goalie.

Exit Dose is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-13-2013, 01:27 AM
  #167
Bluesman91
Registered User
 
Bluesman91's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Posts: 4,601
vCash: 2357
Quote:
Originally Posted by SECRET SQUIRREL View Post
STL : Miller + Stafford

BUF : Halak + Oshie

Fair?
Nope, Oshie isn't going anywhere, especially after the injury tonight.

Bluesman91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-13-2013, 01:29 AM
  #168
Bourne Endeavor
Moderator
( _)>⌐■-■ (⌐■_■)
 
Bourne Endeavor's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Montreal, Quebec
Country: Canada
Posts: 22,598
vCash: 13357
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackhawkswincup View Post
Bobrovsky > Miller IMO at this stage of there careers

Also much younger and cheaper
I wouldn't go that far quite yet but Bobrovsky is making a serious case for himself. Given the cap hit and assets Buffalo would demand, then I'd agree.

Frankly, I think this is all nonsense. Unless Buffalo is selling Miller for peanuts, he is theirs until the contract is up. His play does not warrant a good return even if Buffalo sucks.

Bourne Endeavor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-13-2013, 01:31 AM
  #169
Stop Winnin
TANK ON BOYS
 
Stop Winnin's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Buffalo
Posts: 8,445
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Man Bear Pig View Post
There have been at least two occasions in the last year that I can think of off the top of my head where Miller has come out to the media complaining. How many guys do that? call out the players around them, the management,the owner etc. You may want a substantial return but look at the numbers, one great season and the rest are dead on average in SV% among starters. The goalie market is saturated, you'll have a hard time getting back more than one good piece in return.



Miller hates the Leafs.
If I was Miller I would complain too. Have you seen a Sabres game this year? They are a pathetic pathetic team. Night after night we are dominated on the ice but Miller plays incredible to bail the team out when the team literally gives away point blank and beautiful scoring opportunities at least once a shift. The team literally has no cohesion beyond Vanek Hodgson and Pominville.

I don't blame Miller for wanting to leave, his teammates have played like horse **** the entire year. I hope he wins a cup somewhere.

Stop Winnin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-13-2013, 01:37 AM
  #170
drinking bleach irl
p trendy tbh
 
drinking bleach irl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Virginia
Country: Ras al-Khaimah
Posts: 10,912
vCash: 300
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bourne Endeavor View Post
Frankly, I think this is all nonsense. Unless Buffalo is selling Miller for peanuts, he is theirs until the contract is up. His play does not warrant a good return even if Buffalo sucks.
Miller's been the best player on the ice most of the season, and scouts would know that. I think many will be surprised by what he returns should he be traded.

drinking bleach irl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-13-2013, 01:48 AM
  #171
Duck Off
HF needs an App
 
Duck Off's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Location: Oklahoma
Country: United States
Posts: 10,034
vCash: 500
Who exactly would be in the market for him though? People keep saying he wants to go to California, but none of their teams need him. Maybe SJ but doubtful. Definitely not Anaheim and LA. Doesn't seem like there's a big market for goalies anyway.

Duck Off is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-13-2013, 01:54 AM
  #172
HockeyThoughts
Delivering The Truth
 
HockeyThoughts's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Mississauga, Ontario
Country: Canada
Posts: 10,254
vCash: 500
Wow. Miller is a significant piece to be on the trading block. For one, he's only 32 which isn't considered old by any means for a goaltender -- it's actually well within the prime age.

His resume includes:
-He's currently serving his 8th consecutive season as Buffalo Sabres starting goaltender, all in which he has accumulated 30 or more wins, with 2 40 win seasons scattered in there.
-He sports a career .915SV%
-Has backstopped the Sabres to two ECF
-1x Vezina winner
-1x 1st Team All Star
-Silver Medal at the Olympic Games where he was named MVP (dominating performance)

--> He also has a slightly better SV% in the playoffs, where he has historically been money as well.

--> More importantly, as opposed to the other goaltender who is perpetually on the block, he is only signed at the fair rate of 6.25M for one year following this current one. Whether the lack of a long term extension is a negative or positive.. You decide.

--> AND FINALLY, MOST IMPORTANTLY, he will be accompanied by his smoking hot actress wife, Noureen DeWulf.



---

Honestly, as a Leaf fan I know we have about a 1% chance of acquiring Ryan Miller due to being inter-division. If GM Regeir approached me however, I would hypothetically give up a lot for him though. Miller is the type of goalie who can backstop you to the playoffs, gives you a chance to win on every night and can steal more than a game or two when called upon as well.

Other teams who would should be in on the mix IMO:
Obvious Ones: Washington Capitals, Edmonton Oilers, Tampa Bay, Chicago Blackhawks
Not So Obvious Ones: New Jersey Devils, Pittsburgh Penguins (for MA Fleury straight up)

HockeyThoughts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-13-2013, 02:04 AM
  #173
drinking bleach irl
p trendy tbh
 
drinking bleach irl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Virginia
Country: Ras al-Khaimah
Posts: 10,912
vCash: 300
Quote:
Originally Posted by HockeyThoughts View Post
Wow. Miller is a significant piece to be on the trading block. For one, he's only 32 which isn't considered old by any means for a goaltender -- it's actually well within the prime age.

His resume includes:
-He's currently serving his 8th consecutive season as Buffalo Sabres starting goaltender, all in which he has accumulated 30 or more wins, with 2 40 win seasons scattered in there.
-He sports a career .915SV%
-Has backstopped the Sabres to two ECF
-1x Vezina winner
-1x 1st Team All Star
-Silver Medal at the Olympic Games where he was named MVP (dominating performance)

--> He also has a slightly better SV% in the playoffs, where he has historically been money as well.

--> More importantly, as opposed to the other goaltender who is perpetually on the block, he is only signed at the fair rate of 6.25M for one year following this current one. Whether the lack of a long term extension is a negative or positive.. You decide.

--> AND FINALLY, MOST IMPORTANTLY, he will be accompanied by his smoking hot actress wife, Noureen DeWulf.



---

Honestly, as a Leaf fan I know we have about a 1% chance of acquiring Ryan Miller due to being inter-division. If GM Regeir approached me however, I would hypothetically give up a lot for him though. Miller is the type of goalie who can backstop you to the playoffs, gives you a chance to win on every night and can steal more than a game or two when called upon as well.

Other teams who would should be in on the mix IMO:
Obvious Ones: Washington Capitals, Edmonton Oilers, Tampa Bay, Chicago Blackhawks
Not So Obvious Ones: New Jersey Devils, Pittsburgh Penguins (for MA Fleury straight up)
All of this


Keep in mind that among goaltenders with 150+ starts over the past 4 years, he's 4th in the league in save percentage. That's consistency and dependability if not eye-popping performance.

drinking bleach irl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-13-2013, 02:23 AM
  #174
clumping platelets
Registered User
 
clumping platelets's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Location: Clumptowaga
Country: United States
Posts: 1,548
vCash: 500
G Miller, RW Pominville, and D prospct Pysyk to SJ for C Couture, G Niemi, cond 2014 or mid level F prospect

clumping platelets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-13-2013, 02:35 AM
  #175
MadDevil
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Bismarck, ND
Country: United States
Posts: 6,588
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by clumping platelets View Post
G Miller, RW Pominville, and D prospct Pysyk to SJ for C Couture, G Niemi, cond 2014 or mid level F prospect
Seems to me the Sharks would be downgrading both in goal and at forward.

MadDevil is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:13 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.