HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Colorado Avalanche
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Barrie back to Lake Erie

Old
03-12-2013, 08:05 PM
Lonewolfe2015

vCash: 50
Barrie was the second best defender on this team after EJ. This is stupid. If we don't move guys and make room for him I'm going to be pissed.

Lonewolfe2015 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-12-2013, 08:05 PM
Avs_19
Peter the Great

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by henchman24 View Post
There will be a market for ROB at the very least. An upcoming UFA that can log 15-18 minutes, play physical, and is a right shot should be decently valuable in the next few weeks (3rd round pick).

Avs_19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-12-2013, 08:07 PM
henchman24
If and if...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Avs_19 View Post
Tied for #3 on the Avs for hits. He isn't Chara, but he isn't soft by any means.

henchman24 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-12-2013, 08:20 PM
avsman

Yeah I'm sure there will be a lot of teams lookin for a 6/7th Dman going into the playoffs, we would be a better team with him in the lineup but I'm so used to Sacco's dumb decisions I ain't even mad bro. Atleast he won't be a healthy scratch in Lake Erie.

avsman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-12-2013, 08:21 PM
SoundwaveIsCharisma

Send a message via AIM to SoundwaveIsCharisma
Hopefully the Monsters can go on a tear and these guys get used to winning.

SoundwaveIsCharisma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-12-2013, 08:26 PM
Av-merican
@Av_merican

Lame.

Av-merican is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-12-2013, 08:33 PM
Drij

not surprising really.

Drij is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-12-2013, 08:46 PM
bohlmeister
Moves Like Malkin

Disappointing. We could have had a real nice top 4 with him playing with Hejda.

bohlmeister is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-12-2013, 08:49 PM
BusterBluth

I'd like to see Barrie recalled before the game is over. Set an NHL record for fastest Assign/Recall. We need him back.

BusterBluth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-12-2013, 08:55 PM
ANewHope
Nuggets|Avs|Broncos

How does Matt Hunwick stay up and Barrie gets sent down?

ANewHope is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-12-2013, 08:59 PM
boz
Altitude Fan

he better not be down there for long.

boz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-12-2013, 09:09 PM
Av-merican
@Av_merican

Quote:
Originally Posted by DenverNATION View Post
How does Matt Hunwick stay up and Barrie gets sent down?
Hunwick has better muscle tone.

Av-merican is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-12-2013, 10:14 PM
dahrougem2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freudian View Post
Hunwick/O'Byrne/O'Brien have all played better lately, so it's not the end of the world, even if Barrie has earned the right to play over those guys.

Hopefully Avs are trying to showcase these three and look to trade one of them before the deadline to make room.
Really? What games have you been watching? I agree about O'Brien but O'Byrne and Hunwick have just been dreadful lately, have been playing horribly the entire season. O'Byrne alone this game has managed to turn the puck over in the defensive zone with no pressure on him and not even skating or making a pass. I didn't know it was possible to simply lose the puck in your skate with no one near you and turn it over but he makes it possible, not to mention his constant stupid penalties, and don't even get me started on how bad Hunwick has been. I would rather put all three of these players on waivers and lose them for absolutely nothing just so that they are no longer here and play barrie, than to send barrie back down and play these morons

dahrougem2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-12-2013, 10:45 PM
AllAboutAvs
HFBoards Sponsor

So we lost tonight so that means Barrie gets to go back in the lineup...oh wait...

AllAboutAvs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-12-2013, 10:47 PM
Avs For Life
#92 #9 #29

We couldnt have used Barrie at all tonight...

/eyeroll

Avs For Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-12-2013, 10:53 PM
Yipperfan
NWOBHM forever \m/

Going for the tank that's for sure.

Yipperfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-12-2013, 11:07 PM
Freudian
Slightly overpaid

Sacco: "He's fallen back on the depth chart to 7th/8th".

Freudian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-12-2013, 11:35 PM
GamingGiant

Just saw this on Twitter before arriving at the game tonight.

This move makes no sense to me. Barrie helps this team.

GamingGiant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-12-2013, 11:36 PM
Foppa2118
Release Evertroll

I don't necessarily like him being demoted rather than playing with the Avs, but I think we may be getting caught up in his agressive offensive play a bit. The bottom line is he was playing uber aggressive offensively, and not really producing much offensively, while being a bit of a liability defensively.

I think I probably would have stuck with him personally, but along with his aggression to jump into the play and take shots on net, also came a bit of impatience to wait for traffic first, or calmly find the right play to make.

Rather just ultra aggression that works sometimes, but didn't ultimately put up enough points. I think he was hurt a bit by teammates not burying chances, or helping on rebounds, but I also think that style he was playing wouldn't last very long successfully.

Foppa2118 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-12-2013, 11:42 PM
Bender
TheHockeyProspector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Foppa2118 View Post
I don't necessarily like him being demoted rather than playing with the Avs, but I think we may be getting caught up in his agressive offensive play a bit. The bottom line is he was playing uber aggressive offensively, and not really producing much offensively, while being a bit of a liability defensively.

I think I probably would have stuck with him personally, but along with his aggression to jump into the play and take shots on net, also came a bit of impatience to wait for traffic first, or calmly find the right play to make.

Rather just ultra aggression that works sometimes, but didn't ultimately put up enough points. I think he was hurt a bit by teammates not burying chances, or helping on rebounds, but I also think that style he was playing wouldn't last very long successfully.
I see it the other way, yeah he's gonna be super aggressive offensively and sometimes it's going to pay off and sometimes it's going to backfire. With our other D, they don't provide ANYTHING offensively AND they cost us goals nightly. I prefer getting Barrie up and playing top-4 minutes and learning 'when he CAN go and when he CAN'T' rather than see Matt Hunwick lug the puck up the ice and try to make a pass and have the puck hit the d-man's skates. [It's like a MAGNET]

Besides, Barrie wasn't even worse than most of our guys DEFENSIVELY when he was playing with Hejda for a good 5-6 game stretch.

Bender is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-12-2013, 11:42 PM
CalderKing21
Darth Calder

you must be frickin' kidding me. this is a damn joke!

CalderKing21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-12-2013, 11:44 PM
Foppa2118
Release Evertroll

Quote:
Originally Posted by henchman24 View Post
There will be a market for ROB at the very least. An upcoming UFA that can log 15-18 minutes, play physical, and is a right shot should be decently valuable in the next few weeks (3rd round pick).
I don't know. If any team is actually scouting him right now, all they're seeing is him making positional mistakes that lead to scoring chances against, or bad penalties form him that he's never really made before. I don't know what happened to the guy. The only thing I keep coming back to is that the layoff really hurt defensive defenseman, that aren't necessarily the best skaters more than anyone else, and he and Zannon, and SOB just haven't been able to get their legs and anticipation skills to the right level.

Old
03-12-2013, 11:53 PM
AslanRH
Guenin Get Out

vCash: 354
Making Barrie look bad so scouts wont want to trade for him.

AslanRH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-12-2013, 11:54 PM
Foppa2118
Release Evertroll

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bender View Post
I see it the other way, yeah he's gonna be super aggressive offensively and sometimes it's going to pay off and sometimes it's going to backfire. With our other D, they don't provide ANYTHING offensively AND they cost us goals nightly. I prefer getting Barrie up and playing top-4 minutes and learning 'when he CAN go and when he CAN'T' rather than see Matt Hunwick lug the puck up the ice and try to make a pass and have the puck hit the d-man's skates. [It's like a MAGNET]

Besides, Barrie wasn't even worse than most of our guys DEFENSIVELY when he was playing with Hejda for a good 5-6 game stretch.
I'm asking for the mob to come down upon me by defending my point, so I'll once again point out that I don't really agree with sending him down, or not playing him.

Your point makes sense too, most of the Avs D aren't playing that well defensively either, and there's no reason Hunwick should be playing over Barrie.

I really do think that style he was playing couldn't be sustained though, and you could see in his last couple games it was starting to catch up to him a bit. He wasn't as successful in his transition game, and he was starting to get burned defensively.

I'm surprised they sent him down, but I think SOB has been playing better, and EJ and Wilson are back now, and with Hejduk apparently close to returning it's either keep 8 D and only one extra forward, or send down vet guys like Hunwick, Zanon, or O'Byrne on one way deals.

I have a feeling a trade will happen soon involving one of the D, and open up a spot for him soon, so maybe it's better that he's playing, rather than continuing to sit in the box like Sacco seems to love to do.

Old
03-13-2013, 12:00 AM
Bonzai12

Send a message via Yahoo to Bonzai12
Barrie is the new Holos.

Bonzai12 is online now   Reply With Quote