HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Notices

Half-season assessment

Old
03-13-2013, 01:20 AM
Callagraves
Block shots

vCash: 500
Yep, this is gonna get merged.

Callagraves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-13-2013, 01:28 AM
iamitter
Thornton's Hen

What've Powe and Halpern done to deserve such low grades? They've played admirably.

iamitter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-13-2013, 01:35 AM
McDunna with Fries

Quote:
Originally Posted by iamitter View Post
What've Powe and Halpern done to deserve such low grades? They've played admirably.
I agree, Halpern has played well for his price tag and Powe was an upgrade from Rupp. Powe took two really bad penalties during the last two games, though.

McDunna with Fries is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-13-2013, 01:38 AM
Dangleberry

Kreider worse than Boyle? Uwotm8?

Dangleberry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-13-2013, 03:03 AM
mike14

Seeing as I have time

Exceeds expectations:
Nash - thought he'd be good, but not this good
Stepan - should probably be in "meets expectations" but I didn't think he had the level of play he's shown in the last dozen games. Happy to be wrong

Meets expectations:
Callahan
Staal
Hagelin
Powe
Halpern
Stralman
Gilroy
Eminger
Biron
- I don't expect much from the bottom 6 here, but they've done their job.
Slightly below expectations:
Pyatt - expected a bit more from him
McD
MDZ
Girardi
the 3 d-men show flashes of how good they can be, then go back to making stupid plays and being out of position, possibly I expect too much of them, in which case they'd be bumped up a level
Lundqvist - again, hasn't been bad, but hasn't been as good as he can be (and he's needed to be with all our other struggles)

Below expectations
Richards
Gabby
-two of my favourite current Rangers, but both have been disappointing, despite putting up ok #s
Asham
Boyle
- did't expect many points from either, but expected more 'presence'. Boyle has shown he can bring it, but it needs to be more than once every 3 weeks after a benching

mike14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-13-2013, 03:40 AM
Zamboner
Your move, creep.

A: Nash
B+: Hagelin, Staal
B: Stepan, Callahan, Lundqvist
B-:McDonagh, Girardi, Pyatt, Biron
C+:Stralman, JT Miller, Halpern, Powe, Ferreiro
C: Gaborik
C-: MDZ, Kreider
D: Richards, Eminger, Asham
D-: Gilroy
F: Boyle, Bickel, Rupp, Tortorella, Sullivan

C+ and above is alright with me. C- to D-, needs to get their **** together. The F's, fittingly can do exactly that with themselves. Gaborik fared better than I would've thought, but it's like while he's being invisible, that also means he's not ****ing up, whereas when say MDZ or Richards are going bad, they're visibility isn't a good thing, because that means they're being turnover machines, and odd man rushes are coming our way, so it's a much more destructive kind of **** ty play. Oddly, I still like MDZ, but I hate Richards, so you figure that one out.

Zamboner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-13-2013, 01:28 PM
JHaggis

I got big expectations on this team after last season,but now i'm litle disappointing on the team. I think team got good even great players but they not seem play together as team.

Now is last change to step gas pedal on the floor or this season end baadly.

JHaggis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-13-2013, 01:41 PM
Stepanformayor*

Zamboner, I am not sure how Stepan gets a B at $800,000 a year with him being second on the team in scoring, second on the team with his plus minus, leads all forwards with TOI, kills every penalty, and give Gabby only a C? He makes 7.5 million a year is a minus 3, he gets about 4 minutes a night less than Stepan and has been awful the last 15 games. Does not add up to me.

Stepanformayor* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-13-2013, 02:05 PM
ColonialsHockey10

Honestly nobody aside from Nash, staal (wasn't sure about his concussion recovery), hagelin and Halpern, nobody has exceeded my expectations. This even includes Callahan, who gets far too much credit on this board. Players like Boyle, gaborik and Richards have been ****ing travesties and Lundqvist has been sub-par.

Compared to what I expected from this team the first half of the year has been terrible.

ColonialsHockey10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-13-2013, 02:45 PM
Off Sides

vCash: 200
They have 3 wins against current playoff teams, 2 against Boston, 1 against Toronto. They've lost 4 games to current non playoff teams.

Considering their roster on paper, they are closer to fail than they are to pass.

Off Sides is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-13-2013, 05:27 PM
Zamboner
Your move, creep.

Quote:
Originally Posted by EsposHounds View Post
Zamboner, I am not sure how Stepan gets a B at $800,000 a year with him being second on the team in scoring, second on the team with his plus minus, leads all forwards with TOI, kills every penalty, and give Gabby only a C? He makes 7.5 million a year is a minus 3, he gets about 4 minutes a night less than Stepan and has been awful the last 15 games. Does not add up to me.
I thought Stepan was really shaky the first 15 games or so, and that kept his grade down some. He's been beastly lately, so think of him as moving up, while Gaborik is moving down. If I was grading the last 10 games, it'd be an A vs. F, for sure, but this if for the entire season so far. As is, they still have the same amount of points.

Zamboner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-14-2013, 10:43 AM
SpeedDemon

vCash: 460
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mio41 View Post
Half-season assessment, one word disappointing
based upon the roster they boast. I would agree.

SpeedDemon is offline   Reply With Quote