HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Prospects
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Prospects Discuss hockey prospects from all over the world and the NHL Draft.

American Prospect Update Thread (Part 2)

Closed Thread

Old
03-12-2013, 01:21 PM
William H Bonney

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by pavelich View Post
2013 NTDP eval camp roster released

http://www.usantdp.com/news_article/...rrer_id=666974
Only Askew and Dello are missing of the "names" on first glance. Lots of talent at the camp.

03-12-2013, 02:49 PM
JeromeHP
@Jerome_Berube

Quote:
Originally Posted by William H Bonney View Post
Only Askew and Dello are missing of the "names" on first glance. Lots of talent at the camp.
i would guess Askew is QMJHL bound next year

Old
03-12-2013, 02:58 PM
dwanmaster*
Rap Game Adam Banks

vCash: 1660
If they want to win anything they probably should have brought in more Minny kids.

Chaz Smedsrud, Jesse Gabrielle, Austen Long, Alec Baer, Cade Gleekel, Max Zimmer, Tyler Loe, Nick Swaney and Will Garin should all have been invited.

Old
03-12-2013, 03:10 PM
TMHUNH

Quote:
Originally Posted by dwanmaster View Post
If they want to win anything they probably should have brought in more Minny kids.

Chaz Smedsrud, Jesse Gabrielle, Austen Long, Alec Baer, Cade Gleekel, Max Zimmer, Tyler Loe, Nick Swaney and Will Garin should all have been invited.
Baer and Gabrielle already went to the WHL.

The 2 names from MN I was most surprised at being absent you didn't even mention, Matthew Freytag and Cristiano Versich

Old
03-12-2013, 03:19 PM
Jaykay
Kuemperpedic

Quote:
Originally Posted by TMHUNH View Post
Baer and Gabrielle already went to the WHL.

The 2 names from MN I was most surprised at being absent you didn't even mention, Matthew Freytag and Cristiano Versich
Agreed, what about Tommy Novak?

Old
03-12-2013, 03:20 PM
WesternCollegeHockey

Dello and Askew signed USHL tenders, and apparently USHL teams were pretty strict this year that if they committed to a player with a tender, they didn't want them even attending this camp.

Gabrielle isn't even American, so he couldn't be invited. Long and Smesrud are '98s, and thus not eligible. None of the other kids really deserved to be in that conversation.

Old
03-12-2013, 03:33 PM
William H Bonney

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeromeHP View Post
i would guess Askew is QMJHL bound next year
I agree, especially since Parker just left BU.

Old
03-12-2013, 04:23 PM
Pond
Rookie User

And there is the 5'10" measuring tape rule to be adhered to as well

Old
03-12-2013, 06:34 PM
sigx15

Quote:
Not a prospect but Jack Parker is stepping down as BU's coach. I bet Halifax has already called Jack Eichel.
Anyone know if he has already started accelerating in school, I know that was the plan so he could go to school a year early.

Old
03-12-2013, 09:25 PM
Torts

Does anyone have any names on players from the Minnesota high school ranks to keep an eye out in this years draft. Besse? Hurley?

And secondly is there a thread on Minnesota high school players?

Thanks in advance

Old
03-12-2013, 09:37 PM
TMHUNH

Quote:
Originally Posted by Torts View Post
Does anyone have any names on players from the Minnesota high school ranks to keep an eye out in this years draft. Besse? Hurley?

Thanks in advance
If we are talking the top couple of rounds, Hurley is definitely in consideration, as well as Tommy Vannelli of Minnetonka and Teemu Kivihalme from Burnsville.

Once you get into the later rounds, there are numerous players who could be picked, Besse being one of them. Some of my other favorites are Hurley's teammate Parker Reno as well as big Avery Peterson from Grand Rapids. One guy that has a ton of bulking up to do but has a ton of long term potential is defenseman Neal Pionk of Hermantown.

Old
03-12-2013, 09:42 PM
TMHUNH

Quote:
I agree, especially since Parker just left BU.
I dont understand the speculation at all about these players that are still a couple of years out at this point being impacted by Parker leaving. Parker knew before he even recruited these kids that he was not planning to be there when they matriculated.

I get that both Eichel and Askew are potential flight risks to begin with, and I am not even saying I expect they will make it to BU, but to think the Parker situation has anything to do with that I dont buy. He would have been up front with them in the recruiting process that they would be committing to the program and not the coach, and that there was little to no likelihood that he would be behind the bench once they got there.

If he didn't do that as part of the recruiting for these kids Parker would not be setting anyone up, be it the Program or the kids, for success. He would have been up front with these kids all along. I dont see it as a factor whatsoever

Old
03-12-2013, 10:20 PM
Pond
Rookie User

Quote:

Great players with great futures on this list but

Ndtp = compuware west

They have tainted their reputation IMO

Old
03-12-2013, 10:59 PM
William H Bonney

Quote:
Originally Posted by TMHUNH View Post
I dont understand the speculation at all about these players that are still a couple of years out at this point being impacted by Parker leaving. Parker knew before he even recruited these kids that he was not planning to be there when they matriculated.

I get that both Eichel and Askew are potential flight risks to begin with, and I am not even saying I expect they will make it to BU, but to think the Parker situation has anything to do with that I dont buy. He would have been up front with them in the recruiting process that they would be committing to the program and not the coach, and that there was little to no likelihood that he would be behind the bench once they got there.

If he didn't do that as part of the recruiting for these kids Parker would not be setting anyone up, be it the Program or the kids, for success. He would have been up front with these kids all along. I dont see it as a factor whatsoever
Parker leaving may not affect a lot of BU recruits but it will certainly play a part in the decision of high end guys like Eichel and Askew. And while players should commit to programs it's a misnomer to act as if the coach is not a driving force of the program. They're not mutually exclusive factors and it certainly makes a difference. And while I would like to believe it, I doubt Parker was telling guys like Eichel he would not be there to coach them. Eichel was vocal about his excitement to play for Parker after his commitment. It's a nice thought but Parker's allegiance is to BU wouldn't have him being that honest. His departure may not be the only factor but it is most definitely a factor.

Last edited by William H Bonney: 03-12-2013 at 11:06 PM.
Old
03-12-2013, 11:06 PM
cagney
cdojdmccjajgejncjaba

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pond View Post

Ndtp = compuware west

It's really not uncommon for the majority of the top Michigan kids to end up playing on the same team in any given year. This year it's Compuware while in other years it might be Honeybaked or Little Caesars.

Old
03-12-2013, 11:13 PM
William H Bonney

Quote:

Ndtp = compuware west

What?

There are no controversial absences.

Tainted their reputation with Compuware players? That bias sure showed its ugly head last year when no Compuware players made the team....They have a lot of good players this year as they invited show, just like the St. Junior Blues. It won't be that way every year.

Old
03-13-2013, 04:26 AM
WeissFC
@WeissFC

Quote:

Ndtp = compuware west

Have you seen Compuware play this year?

Old
03-13-2013, 08:30 AM
SP0RTSFANATIC98

Quote:

Thanks in advance
Hurley will be drafted in the top 2 rounds. He was ok during the sections and good in the State tournamnet even though it looked like he was on cruise control. Besse has one heckuva shot and he won Mr. Hockey but couldn't see him drafted until late rounds. He doesn't really have a two-way game. I have seen both of these players live btw.

Old
03-13-2013, 08:36 AM
SP0RTSFANATIC98

Quote:

Thanks in advance
Also some other guys are Teemu Kivihalme from Burnsville. Should go in the first 3-4 rounds. He is from my hometwon so I have seen him a lot and he is a dang good defenseman. He is a true shutdown defenseman. He is a junior this year but is goin to the USHSL next year and to Colorado College next year

Another guy is Neil Pionk. He is a defenseman for Hermantown. Also a junior but he will probably be beack next year. IMO a long shot to get drafted this year but he was probably the player I was most impressed with in the whole Sate Tournamnet.

Old
03-13-2013, 09:37 AM
goodguy5

What are the chances a couple of the New England kids such as Hanifin and White turn down the program and head up to the Q?

Old
03-13-2013, 10:43 AM
SP0RTSFANATIC98

If you would like add more, ut this is my opinion
top Sophomores in the State of Minnesota this year:
Mathhew Freytag-Wayzata
Shane Gersich-Holy Family (commited to North Dakota)
Tommy Novak-St. Thomas
Christiano Versich-St. Thomas
Chase Jungels-Benile St. Margarets
Zach Driscoll-Eastview
Dylan Malmquist-Edina
Brock Boeser-Burnsville

Old
03-13-2013, 11:50 AM
AmericanDream
Puck You

Quote:

I loved to see the amount of kids invited from Iowa, Georgia, Arizona, Nebraska, Tennesse, Texas, etc.. if these areas start really putting up players, then things are going to get very interesting for the amount of US kids getting drafted each year.

I also liked to see how strong of a class New York has for this group. Very very strong group coming out of NY for the 97's.

A bit sad to see so few kids from Illinois and California. I guess I have been spoiled over the past 3-4 years with the amount of talented kids coming out of Illinois as this group has only 3 I believe which has to be its lowest number in a few years.

I also like seeing more names coming from Philadelphia and Ohio...if those two areas start turning out players on a consistent basis, it will really raise the level of our US programs and overall numbers at the pro level.

also cant wait to see little Caleb Jones as well!!

Old
03-13-2013, 07:05 PM
Neuuman

Can anyone shed some light as to why Justin Kloos seems to be flying completely under the radar? 2012 Mr. Hockey in Minnesota, led MN high school AA in scoring 2 years in a row, currently 2nd in the USHL in scoring (1st in PPG's) and is currently a +25. What gives? He seems to have a very big upside potential - what (other than 5'9" and 177 lbs.) is the downside? Just curious for some thoughts.

Last edited by Neuuman: 03-13-2013 at 07:06 PM. Reason: title
Old
03-13-2013, 07:23 PM
dwanmaster*
Rap Game Adam Banks

vCash: 1660
Quote:
Originally Posted by Neuuman View Post
Can anyone shed some light as to why Justin Kloos seems to be flying completely under the radar? 2012 Mr. Hockey in Minnesota, led MN high school AA in scoring 2 years in a row, currently 2nd in the USHL in scoring (1st in PPG's) and is currently a +25. What gives? He seems to have a very big upside potential - what (other than 5'9" and 177 lbs.) is the downside? Just curious for some thoughts.
That's about it. He is such a skilled player it is ridiculous that he wasn't drafted.

Old
03-13-2013, 09:41 PM
Pond
Rookie User

Quote:
What?

There are no controversial absences.

Tainted their reputation with Compuware players? That bias sure showed its ugly head last year when no Compuware players made the team....They have a lot of good players this year as they invited show, just like the St. Junior Blues. It won't be that way every year.
Debrincat 51pts in 40 T1E = 90+
Terry = 49 in T1E 41= 90+
Moore = 48 in T1E 36 = 90+
Hamacher = 41 in 22 PHL = 100
Fritsche = 32 in 21 PHL = 100
Halford = 29 in 26 HPHL = 80+

A bunch of evaluation camp picks went below these producers.

12% of total picks went to compuware. Relax. It;s a surprise at the least.

Closed Thread