HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Subban's play since coming back Part 2

Old
03-11-2013, 11:46 PM
LaTenderness

vCash: 500
**** he is a horse

LaTenderness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-12-2013, 12:05 AM
Saundies

Quote:
Originally Posted by LaTenderness View Post
**** he is a horse
Thoroughbred Stallion... Giddy up kid.

Saundies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-12-2013, 12:47 AM
Dekar

I seem to remember someone saying that Meehan and Bergevin had long-since agreed to the monetary amount of the contract, but the length was what separated them. Bergevin moving more money into the non-compacted season was what made it amicable for Meehan to concede term, but I'm betting Meehan convinced PK to let him hold up negotiations more than PK wanted to let him, since Donnie's notorious for milking GMs.

New title suggestions = Subban's Return: Part 2 - Renewbban Edition... Superbban Edition... Pernell Karl Norris Edition... Triple High Five Edition ??? I could go all day with terrible ideas.

Dekar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-12-2013, 01:31 AM
One Man Rock Band
Slater's Gonna Slate

He's been fantastic lately. Not even the old classic Subban stupid plays. Just perfect.

One Man Rock Band is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-12-2013, 10:01 AM
skule123

Therrien hasn't said much in public about PK, but MAGodin had a read in La Presse about how Therrien complimented PK for playing the best hockey of his career, and how he was instructed to focus on keeping things simple and the first pass.

PK said that "he'd heard a lot of things" about Therrien before coming in, but that they had a good relationship. Sometimes he gets nailed to the bench, sometimes he gets yelled at, but it's all part of the learning process. He also echoed the semi-infamous Therrien quote about how he was not just becoming a better player with Therrien, but a better professional.

Had to read the article through the app as opposed to the website because of registration walls, but it should be easy to find on the site for some "read between the lines" sort of insight. I was interested because very little was being said about PK by teammates or team staff (damned by faint praise?) but now he's starting to get some carrot after all that stick.

skule123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-13-2013, 06:42 AM
Mr. Hab

Quote:
Originally Posted by Analyzer View Post

This crow tastes disgusting. May I at least drown it in Ketchup ?
Some (keyword: some...not many) wanted to trade Subban for Hamonic!!!

You (Analyzer) were willing to trade Subban for the Schenn brothers in the past (as you quoted yourself...kudos for admitting it and having a laugh... I'll admit myself that the Schenn brothers would be tempting but I'm too big of a Subban fan...once in a lifetime dman/player imo ; huge bonus part...he was born in Toronto but grew up a huge Hab fan!! love it!!).

We have a dman who is the best this organization has seen in DECADES...yes DECADES, and maybe the best dman since the Habs started in (approx.) 1909. Too early to write this? Not for me. When PK was 21 he already showed us so much in the playoffs when he shut-down CROSBY. I was so f***ing pumped that we finally had a dman who could do it all...and also in a very entertaining way. I was instantly a major believer, not to mention the fact that I have never seen a dman skate so fast and handle the puck like Subban. He's one of a kind (defensively and offensively, regular season and playoffs...huge heart and endless sky-is-the-limit talent/skills).

Some truth:
I kinda miss the 'ol (coast-to coast-Bobby Orr-style) Subban...but I certainly don't miss 3-4 players attacking Subban, and before some of you piss on me and bash me...I still of course love what I'm seeing right now (conservative Subban...white-Subban! anything for the team...anything to prove to all the doubters that they are/were so wrong). Cherry and Stock can't say anything bad now...since Subban is just doing everything thing right (keeping it simple and smart and even using his amazing wrister) and not yapping after the whistle anymore. I'm sure Cherry and Stock hate what they're seeing...they'd rather bash Subban and put a bounty on his head. ******* Cherry and Stock...they should kiss Subban's behind for trying to get the entire NHL to hate Subban. Can't wait for the day Cherry and Stock are out of CBC...I'll be celebrating that day. Those cocky macho tools should apologize to Subban and kiss his feet for spreading hatred in the NHL like a bunch of redneck bullies.

Mr. Hab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-13-2013, 07:00 AM
Mr. Hab

Quotes from the other thread that was closed...

PricePKPAtch wrote:
'' I definitely do not disagree with you. PK is by far my favourite Habs player, I always have a special thrill to see him score.

However, there is one thing that causes him problem in his play. One minor thing that I believe time will correct, but it still is a factor in limiting his results. Probably the only factor, actually. His occasional tendency make the wrong call...

...I am sure Subban will temper himself with perspective as he further matures. He already had the skills, the energy, the will. He's playing great hockey because current coaches don't let him dwell on the bad moments and get.him focused again. One day, he might do the same to rookies. ''

Good post and I agree with most of it...or definitely don't disagree!
(we have to remember...many dmen only wish they could play like Subban...and sometimes have to wait till 25, 26 or 27 to get there but still don't come close to Subban caliber...Subban was already shutting down Crosby at the age of 21...very very impressive).

---------------------------- -------------------------------------

BeaverBFP wrote:
'' Anyone else notice his great 'escapability'? He is one of very few who dodges most of the hits coming his way without ducking. Even while doing this, his break outs are so nice and smooth it's scary.. This kid is going to have a phenomenal career with little injury if he can keep this up. ''

Definitely...love the way PK plays defense and does so many things at the same time (like avoiding the violent bodychecks meant to injure him/separate his shoulders,etc)...love the way he goes to the corners/boards to retrieve the puck but leaves some space between the boards and himself and is always aware of the freight train coming at him without letting the bodychecker take advantage of the boards...VERY HIGH IQ that Subban and love him for it (not just talent/skills). He's never a sitting duck/target when he goes towards the boards/corners to get the puck...he knows exactly what he's doing.
Subban is so very intelligent. Wish we had another PK Subban, then again...we wouldn't be able to afford him after some of us are done doubting him.

Last edited by Mr. Hab: 03-13-2013 at 07:28 AM.
Mr. Hab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-13-2013, 08:09 AM
ECWHSWI
5M? insulting!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Hab View Post
Quotes from the other thread that was closed...

PricePKPAtch wrote:
'' I definitely do not disagree with you. PK is by far my favourite Habs player, I always have a special thrill to see him score.

However, there is one thing that causes him problem in his play. One minor thing that I believe time will correct, but it still is a factor in limiting his results. Probably the only factor, actually. His occasional tendency make the wrong call...

...I am sure Subban will temper himself with perspective as he further matures. He already had the skills, the energy, the will. He's playing great hockey because current coaches don't let him dwell on the bad moments and get.him focused again. One day, he might do the same to rookies. ''

Good post and I agree with most of it...or definitely don't disagree!
(we have to remember...many dmen only wish they could play like Subban...and sometimes have to wait till 25, 26 or 27 to get there but still don't come close to Subban caliber...Subban was already shutting down Crosby at the age of 21...very very impressive).

---------------------------- -------------------------------------

BeaverBFP wrote:
'' Anyone else notice his great 'escapability'? He is one of very few who dodges most of the hits coming his way without ducking. Even while doing this, his break outs are so nice and smooth it's scary.. This kid is going to have a phenomenal career with little injury if he can keep this up. ''

Definitely...love the way PK plays defense and does so many things at the same time (like avoiding the violent bodychecks meant to injure him/separate his shoulders,etc)...love the way he goes to the corners/boards to retrieve the puck but leaves some space between the boards and himself and is always aware of the freight train coming at him without letting the bodychecker take advantage of the boards...VERY HIGH IQ that Subban and love him for it (not just talent/skills). He's never a sitting duck/target when he goes towards the boards/corners to get the puck...he knows exactly what he's doing.
Subban is so very intelligent. Wish we had another PK Subban, then again...we wouldn't be able to afford him after some of us are done doubting him.
None of the "some of us" are paying his salary.

ECWHSWI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-13-2013, 04:47 PM
Ape Clutch

Send a message via MSN to Ape Clutch Send a message via Yahoo to Ape Clutch
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Hab View Post
Some (keyword: some...not many) wanted to trade Subban for Hamonic!!!

You (Analyzer) were willing to trade Subban for the Schenn brothers in the past (as you quoted yourself...kudos for admitting it and having a laugh... I'll admit myself that the Schenn brothers would be tempting but I'm too big of a Subban fan...once in a lifetime dman/player imo ; huge bonus part...he was born in Toronto but grew up a huge Hab fan!! love it!!).

We have a dman who is the best this organization has seen in DECADES...yes DECADES, and maybe the best dman since the Habs started in (approx.) 1909. Too early to write this? Not for me. When PK was 21 he already showed us so much in the playoffs when he shut-down CROSBY. I was so f***ing pumped that we finally had a dman who could do it all...and also in a very entertaining way. I was instantly a major believer, not to mention the fact that I have never seen a dman skate so fast and handle the puck like Subban. He's one of a kind (defensively and offensively, regular season and playoffs...huge heart and endless sky-is-the-limit talent/skills).

Some truth:
I kinda miss the 'ol (coast-to coast-Bobby Orr-style) Subban...but I certainly don't miss 3-4 players attacking Subban, and before some of you piss on me and bash me...I still of course love what I'm seeing right now (conservative Subban...white-Subban! anything for the team...anything to prove to all the doubters that they are/were so wrong). Cherry and Stock can't say anything bad now...since Subban is just doing everything thing right (keeping it simple and smart and even using his amazing wrister) and not yapping after the whistle anymore. I'm sure Cherry and Stock hate what they're seeing...they'd rather bash Subban and put a bounty on his head. ******* Cherry and Stock...they should kiss Subban's behind for trying to get the entire NHL to hate Subban. Can't wait for the day Cherry and Stock are out of CBC...I'll be celebrating that day. Those cocky macho tools should apologize to Subban and kiss his feet for spreading hatred in the NHL like a bunch of redneck bullies.
I now remember why I stopped posting and reading on these boards. I felt like this league's treatment of Subban was ridiculous. It's really just a revealing of the ignorance that is pervasive in this society. Unable to understand what motivates Subban. Unable to get past the color of his skin, to the underlying and implicit assumptions at work in the moral standards that are held by those who are a part of the NHL and the culture of hockey in North America.

The saddest part is that many people are ignorant of their ignorance, and due to their lack of humility, oppress those who think and behave differently.

Then again i've failed by being passive evasive and not man enough to dare oppose the current. It's hard to watch hockey, post chara-patches & subban lynch mob organization really turned me off.

I only care about le Bleu, Blanc et Rouge.

Ape Clutch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-13-2013, 09:11 PM
Montreal Shadow

Another display of dominance. Looked a bit stressed on the PP in the 3rd but otherwise, good effort from him. He's quickly turning into a player that can control the flow of games. Hope he keeps progressing.

Montreal Shadow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-13-2013, 09:21 PM
SouthernHab

Tonight Subban was suberb and sub-par, all in the same game. But so were a lot of Habs players.

I think that extra day off did not help. They looked disorganized on too many PP chances in the third.

However, Subban's superb was a bigger factor than his off moments.

SouthernHab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-13-2013, 09:24 PM
Montreal Shadow

Quote:
Originally Posted by SouthernHab View Post
Tonight Subban was suberb and sub-par, all in the same game. But so were a lot of Habs players.

I think that extra day off did not help. They looked disorganized on too many PP chances in the third.

Yeah, he looked amazing in the 1st and 2nd but sub-par in the 3rd. The whole team seemed stressed and the PP was garbage. He came back strong in OT though. Almost won the game with that play that caused Turris to be a step behind everybody else.

Montreal Shadow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-13-2013, 09:26 PM
sharks9

Played more than 30 minutes tonight and got 2 more points!

sharks9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-13-2013, 09:30 PM
JGRB
#EllerThugLife

How ya like me now.

JGRB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-13-2013, 09:33 PM
kassian
Emelin's face plate

Wonder where those idiots (yes, that's the only way to describe those people) who wanted P.K. traded for the sole reason that he was holding up on his contract... Guy has been playing like a Norris candidate so far.

kassian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-13-2013, 09:33 PM
Kriss E

Quote:
Originally Posted by SouthernHab View Post

Maybe playing 30:50 has something to do with it.

Kriss E is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-13-2013, 09:34 PM
MJG

He is the prototype. He was definitely developed by scientists in a lab somewhere.

MJG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-13-2013, 09:37 PM
hockeyfan2k11

Every time I watch him, I'm completely baffled how people:

a) thought he wasn't a #1 dman
b) thought he was behind Markov
c) thought he wasn't one of the top Dmen in the league
d) thought a bridge contract was fair value.
e) completely fine with him playing 5th most minutes a game
f) completely fine with him playing on the 2nd waive of the PP for 25 seconds
g) thought Diaz was better

There were a LOT of people who felt this way. I said Bergie would pay through the nose with this bridge contract and it looks like I'm right. How much does a 24 year old stud, #1 PPG dman cost? Dispicable

hockeyfan2k11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-13-2013, 09:43 PM
Kriss E

Quote:
Originally Posted by hockeyfan2k11 View Post

There were a LOT of people who felt this way. I said Bergie would pay through the nose with this bridge contract and it looks like I'm right. How much does a 24 year old stud, #1 PPG dman cost? Dispicable
Subban was as sure a bet as anybody else. There was no risk other than injury, but even that, the kid has such a great vision and understanding that he's rarely in a vulnerable position, and when he is, thanks to his athletic abilities, he is capable of rolling off the hit.

This kid is such a special player. I don't understand how anybody could have questions about him.

Kriss E is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-13-2013, 09:47 PM
Agnostic
11 Stanley Cups

Seriously, this is Larry Robinson 2 type potential.

Agnostic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-13-2013, 09:58 PM
overlords
Hfboards

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kriss E View Post
Subban was as sure a bet as anybody else. There was no risk other than injury, but even that, the kid has such a great vision and understanding that he's rarely in a vulnerable position, and when he is, thanks to his athletic abilities, he is capable of rolling off the hit.

This kid is such a special player. I don't understand how anybody could have questions about him.
I agree with you here. If subban isn't worth taking a risk on for a long term contract, not many young guys are.

overlords is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-13-2013, 09:59 PM
Gally11

Quote:
Originally Posted by hockeyfan2k11 View Post

That one was plausible.. No one knew what to expect from Markov and beginning of season was looking like it might be the case.. But I agree with the rest.. I'm still fine with the bridge contract though because he'll get that extension July first not next year and we won't be hard pressed on cap next season

Gally11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-13-2013, 09:59 PM
E = CH²

Subban had a huge hit along the boards tonight too on top of the 2 pts and the + 1 and the 30 min.

He did turn the puck over and make some mistakes but if you play 30 min, that's bound to happen a bit more.

Total package.

E = CH² is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-13-2013, 10:07 PM
E = CH²

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gally11 View Post
That one was plausible.. No one knew what to expect from Markov and beginning of season was looking like it might be the case.. But I agree with the rest.. I'm still fine with the bridge contract though because he'll get that extension July first not next year and we won't be hard pressed on cap next season
I think a bridge deal was unnecessary and will end up being a non-optimal choice.

But it's not what bothers me the most. What bothers me is the lowballing into a holdout to your best player. Making him miss the beginning of the season. Most players struggle big time when they miss training camp + beginning of season. It was a stupid risk to take. Subban had earned more than freakin' MDZ. Subban clearly didn't have crazy demands. This should have gotten resolved in time for the first game. There's no excuse for that IMO.

And all of that for what exactly ? A low cap hit next season. I hope Bergevin makes the most out of it.

E = CH² is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-13-2013, 10:14 PM
thegreatgasby*

vCash: 794
i was at the game tonight and man i think hes 1 of the most dangerous player on the pp in the league what a game

thegreatgasby* is offline   Reply With Quote