HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Nielsen to Vancouver

Old
03-12-2013, 12:14 PM
CREW99AW

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Siludin View Post
Nielsen could be a potential target. He has a very friendly contract that I wouldn't mind overpaying for.

Would the Islanders be interested in something like

Schroeder, Raymond

for

Nielsen, Martinek

?
No.

Raymond and Martinek are both ufas, so that's a wash.

It becomes Nielsen for Schroeder. The isles want their own unproven prospects taking roster spots.

CREW99AW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-12-2013, 12:33 PM
tantalum

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan-o16 View Post
Yeah, especially because the league took Fransie's tie-up hand-pass move out of the game. He has been absolutely abysmal on faceoffs.

Cheers,

Dan-o
you don't even need to go into observing wingers taking faceoffs for him etc. His FO% is sitting at 43%. That is rookie center bad.

That said, he would fit on the canucks but they'd still need to find a reliable faceoff guy for the 4th line.

tantalum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-12-2013, 12:46 PM
knoxdown

My ideal situation would see Nielsen centering Kesler with Kes taking key defensive zone faceoffs (PK/Icing).

Personally I think Nielsen would solve our 2nd line problems, not our 3rd line center problems. Ideally Vancouver would trade for Nielsen as well as another center.

Maybe

Nielsen
Nabokov
3rd
4th

for

Schnieder
Ballard

and than Van trades 2 3rds for Matthias/Goc and make a trade for a defenseman at the deadline.

Sedin-Sedin-Burrows
Booth(Jensen next year)-Nielsen-Kesler
Raymond - Goc/Matthias - Hansen
Higgins-Lapierre - Kassian

Hamhuis-Bieksa
Edler- Trade
Garrison - Tanev

Lu
Nabby

Our shootout would most likely see Burrows, Nielsen, Edler. Kesler, Kassian in that order.

Note: I have always liked the Islanders (as a Canucks fan I still dislike the Rangers since '94) and would like to see Tavares make the playoffs sooner rather than later and as good as Nabby can be, a new young goaltender is needed NOW to grow with the group.

knoxdown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-12-2013, 12:46 PM
Numbers

Raymond + 1st

For

Nielsen

Numbers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-12-2013, 12:48 PM
Dan-o16

Quote:
Originally Posted by tantalum View Post
you don't even need to go into observing wingers taking faceoffs for him etc. His FO% is sitting at 43%. That is rookie center bad.

That said, he would fit on the canucks but they'd still need to find a reliable faceoff guy for the 4th line.
Great. 'course in my opinion, only reason to talk is to get a goalie either from the Canucks or from someone else (the Kings, not the Senators - I don't want to trade Fransie in the east).

Cheers,

Dan-o

Dan-o16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-12-2013, 12:51 PM
knoxdown

Quote:
Great. 'course in my opinion, only reason to talk is to get a goalie either from the Canucks or from someone else (the Kings, not the Senators - I don't want to trade Fransie in the east).

Cheers,

Dan-o
Nielsens underlying advanced stats numbers are right up Gillis' and Vignault's ally. I think if a trade centered around him was made, a trade could be had tomorrow.

Old
03-12-2013, 12:53 PM
Dan-o16

Quote:
Originally Posted by knoxdown View Post
My ideal situation would see Nielsen centering Kesler with Kes taking key defensive zone faceoffs (PK/Icing).

Personally I think Nielsen would solve our 2nd line problems, not our 3rd line center problems. Ideally Vancouver would trade for Nielsen as well as another center.

Maybe

Nielsen
Nabokov
3rd
4th

for

Schnieder
Ballard
Unfortunately, this is the New York Islanders, not the New York Yankees. No offense intended, please (seriously), because I understand the motivation. That's a very cheap price for Schneider in terms of personnel. But it's very steep in terms of money. Way too steep.

Cheers,

Dan-o

Old
03-12-2013, 01:00 PM
Nolanitis

I would trade him now
Neilson/Nabakov

For
Schneider/ 2nd

Cizikas is ready to take over much of Neilson's role on defense. And the have Brock Nelson ready to get a look at center now too.

Goalie is a position the Isles need to fill. Unless they want to go after the Sens' leftover this summer.

Nolanitis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-12-2013, 01:01 PM
Richie Daggers Crime
Fistie Daggers Crime

Quote:
Originally Posted by leeroggy View Post
I don't know what you are talking about. Okposo only would take a draw if Frans were thrown out. Frans takes all d-zone face-offs when he is on the ice.
Okposo has been taking faceoffs in the defensive zone since he's been put on that line.

Richie Daggers Crime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-12-2013, 01:08 PM
knoxdown

Quote:
Unfortunately, this is the New York Islanders, not the New York Yankees. No offense intended, please (seriously), because I understand the motivation. That's a very cheap price for Schneider in terms of personnel. But it's very steep in terms of money. Way too steep.

Cheers,

Dan-o
I don't think it is necessarily. The cap hit difference in only a few million, it is not like they are pushing it to the cap ceiling or anything.

I think you have to look at it in the long run. Maybe for 1 season they are paying slightly more than wanted. But next year Visnovsky's salary will be gone and Streit may be able to be signed to a smaller contract as he is getting older. NYI have a LOT of players to sign next year including some RFA's that are in need of a raise. Losing one non-pending UFA and gaining two is +1 contract they do not have to worry about, especially in a week UFA market where every team is going to be looking to over pay for players they get a reasonably cheap starting goalie and a defense man who may or may not play up to his 4.2M with more playing time.

8.2M now means they wont be paying up the wazoo to try and re-sign Viznovsky, Nabokov, or any other player that Schneider or Ballard can be used for.

Old
03-12-2013, 01:28 PM
Dan-o16

Quote:
Originally Posted by knoxdown View Post
8.2M now means they wont be paying up the wazoo to try and re-sign Viznovsky, Nabokov, or any other player that Schneider or Ballard can be used for.
I'm not even talking about Schneider's salary. I'm talking about about Ballard's. That's 8.4 million in dead weight over 2 years. (I'd rather play Brian Strait.)

It would be one thing if it were *only* for next year. It's for two years. I'm telling you, it won't happen.

Cheers,

Dan-o

Old
03-12-2013, 05:33 PM
Strickland

I have no problems moving Nielsen, in fact I think this is the time to move him. However, I'd like to use him as a piece to get something in here that we need, like a Yandle.

I don't see the Canucks as a good fit. Schneider is an intriguing option, but I think it's easier to find a goalie then it is a top defenseman like Yandle.

Especially when you're the Islanders.

Strickland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-12-2013, 05:35 PM
BROOKLYnKNIGHTS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Numbers View Post
Raymond + 1st

For

Nielsen
I would do it if Raymond will sign

BROOKLYnKNIGHTS is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-12-2013, 05:38 PM
BROOKLYnKNIGHTS

Quote:
Originally Posted by leeroggy View Post
How about if we think bigger?

Nielsen
Visnovsky
Nabakov
Okposo
Ullstrom

for

Schneider
Bieksa
2013 2nd

I'm sure no one will like it but what the heck . . .

After all, how many times have we heard from Canucks fans on this site that Ballard has been playing great this year but he just can't find a top 4 spot? This at least gives him more minutes, wouldn't it??

keep dreaming

Old
03-12-2013, 05:44 PM
BROOKLYnKNIGHTS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nolanitis View Post
I would trade him now
Neilson/Nabakov

For
Schneider/ 2nd

Cizikas is ready to take over much of Neilson's role on defense. And the have Brock Nelson ready to get a look at center now too.

Goalie is a position the Isles need to fill. Unless they want to go after the Sens' leftover this summer.
im not a big schneider fan but this is a trade i do

Old
03-12-2013, 05:48 PM
StringerBell

Quote:
Originally Posted by BROOKLYnKNIGHTS View Post
im not a big schneider fan but this is a trade i do
When you're not a fan of the guy you're getting back but you jump on the trade regardless there's clearly something wrong with the value.

StringerBell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-12-2013, 07:39 PM
Sergei Shirokov

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vankiller Whale View Post
Schneider + Ballard for Nielsen + Visnovsky + 2nd?
No thats not enough in return for Cory.

Nielsen is a great piece but Vis is a UFA that won't resign and the 2nd is a 2nd.

No way.

Sergei Shirokov is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-12-2013, 07:40 PM
Sergei Shirokov

No to Schneider for Nielsen.

Terrible for us valuewise, doesn't work for the NYI moneywise.

Lets just forget it.

Sergei Shirokov is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-12-2013, 07:53 PM
Riseonfire
R+L=J

Hmm, well since you brought up needing a 4th line faceoff guy as well.

What would you guys send back for:

Nielsen + Reasoner

Keep in mind, I don't want to ship off Nielsen just yet but there's no harm in kicking tires on the internet.

Riseonfire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-12-2013, 08:35 PM
iamtherunner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Riseonfire View Post
Hmm, well since you brought up needing a 4th line faceoff guy as well.

What would you guys send back for:

Nielsen + Reasoner

Keep in mind, I don't want to ship off Nielsen just yet but there's no harm in kicking tires on the internet.
Ballard+Connauton+3rd

for

Nielsen+Martinek

iamtherunner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-12-2013, 09:41 PM
boredmale

Makes no sense to trade Neilsen now. As other pointed out Neilsen is a perfect 3rd line center who is forced to be a 2nd line center on our team. Trading him now would leave a huge hole on our roster.

All that being said once(and if) Strome or Nelson wins the 2nd line spot, Cizikas takes over the 3rd line spot Neilsen will become expendable but that isn't for at least 1 more year if not 2.

boredmale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-12-2013, 09:58 PM
Steve Bennett*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vankiller Whale View Post
Schneider + Ballard for Nielsen + Visnovsky + 2nd?
Subtract Schneider from this deal, replace him with Luongo, and change the NYI pick going to the Canucks as a 1st and add Cizikas... DONE

Steve Bennett* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-12-2013, 10:07 PM
boredmale

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve Bennett View Post
Subtract Schneider from this deal, replace him with Luongo, and change the NYI pick going to the Canucks as a 1st and add Cizikas... DONE
I could be overvaluing Visnovsky but I think some team will be desperate at the trade deadline and give up a 1st rounder for him(aleit a late first)

Which would basically turn this into

Neilsen and Cizikas for Loungo

Not really a fan of this to be honest. While I don't have a low opinion on Loungo as some the last thing we need is another goalie with many years left on his deal. Beyond that you take 2 guys who perfectly fit our future plans as a great 3rd line center and leave us with none.

If the Islanders can't get a first for Vish at the deadline I would do Vish and Reasoner for Ballard and a 2nd.

boredmale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-12-2013, 10:17 PM
Nolanitis

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve Bennett View Post
No thanks, after DiPi and Yashin and with the length of Luongo's contract and price. Hell no. I honestly think he is untradable, especially if Vancouver wants something in return for him.

Nolanitis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-13-2013, 07:35 AM
Riseonfire
R+L=J

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nolanitis View Post
No thanks, after DiPi and Yashin and with the length of Luongo's contract and price. Hell no. I honestly think he is untradable, especially if Vancouver wants something in return for him.
And with the Amnesty buyouts being a one time opportunity (This summer only), even a owner with deep pockets wouldn't be too thrilled to trade for him. Shame because if his contract was manageable, he'd net a really really solid return.

Riseonfire is offline   Reply With Quote