Alexander Burmistrov

Old
03-13-2013, 09:02 AM
GermanJetsFan
*PEW* *PEW* *PEW*

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by yogistewart View Post
it is all about making accountable. guessing there are issues beyond his yuckfest during that benching.
probably showed a bad attitude at practice and mailed it in.

benching does one of 2 things:

-lights a fire under your arse a la Wellwood
-crushes your confidence
... but it can also help a player get another look on the game from outside the ice. Wellwood looked out of place and got benched and it helped him IMO. Burmistrovs situation is a bit similar. He's reliable on the D but hasn't had the best positioning and feeling for the offensive game to be productive. It could help him.

GermanJetsFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-13-2013, 09:05 AM
vBurmi
Blue-Line Dekes

vCash: 5949
Quote:
Originally Posted by KapG View Post
As an outsider who has owned burmi for the last 2+ years ( in a veeeeeeeeeery serious keeper league) and have followed him quite closely. You hit the nail on the head with that post IMO. So did everyone else who made the jokinen comparisons. I guess its just easier to bench the young guy.
Jokinen has had even worse linemates most of the year (aside from the PP and I disagree with him being on the point). I'm a big Burmistrov fan but until he learns to support the puck and use his teammates like Jokinen does he's the one who deserves to be scratched. He still kills far too many offensive zone entries by holding on to the puck too long and deking himself into the boards. Even when they maintain offensive zone possession with him on the ice his awareness is lacking - he often just dumps it back to the point when he has a lane to the net.

vBurmi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-13-2013, 09:14 AM
KingBogo
Admitted Homer

vCash: 1235
Quote:
Originally Posted by yogistewart View Post
it is all about making accountable. guessing there are issues beyond his yuckfest during that benching.
probably showed a bad attitude at practice and mailed it in.

benching does one of 2 things:

-lights a fire under your arse a la Wellwood
-crushes your confidence
Quote:
Originally Posted by GermanJetsFan View Post
... but it can also help a player get another look on the game from outside the ice. Wellwood looked out of place and got benched and it helped him IMO. Burmistrovs situation is a bit similar. He's reliable on the D but hasn't had the best positioning and feeling for the offensive game to be productive. It could help him.
Agreed and Agreed. My guess Burmi got relegated to the press box with a "we see you as a core part of this team going forward, but we need you to improve at X, Y & Z...so watch and learn and when you get back in we want to see improvement in these areas. If this crushes his confidence he will likely be a pretty fragile player throughout his career, which I don't think he is.

KingBogo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-13-2013, 09:47 AM
truck
HFB Partner

vCash: 495
Quote:
Originally Posted by KingBogo View Post
Agreed and Agreed. My guess Burmi got relegated to the press box with a "we see you as a core part of this team going forward, but we need you to improve at X, Y & Z...so watch and learn and when you get back in we want to see improvement in these areas. If this crushes his confidence he will likely be a pretty fragile player throughout his career, which I don't think he is.
This.

Hopefully this makes him better. He has a ton of talent and he needs to start achieving it.

truck is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-13-2013, 09:58 AM
Grind
Stomacheache AllStar

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by KingBogo View Post
agreed, this is also inline with the rhetoric coming out of Noel and company.

Hopefully he gets back in the rangers game and makes some corrections.

Grind is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-13-2013, 10:01 AM
KapG

Quote:
Originally Posted by vBurmi View Post
Jokinen has had even worse linemates most of the year (aside from the PP and I disagree with him being on the point). I'm a big Burmistrov fan but until he learns to support the puck and use his teammates like Jokinen does he's the one who deserves to be scratched. He still kills far too many offensive zone entries by holding on to the puck too long and deking himself into the boards. Even when they maintain offensive zone possession with him on the ice his awareness is lacking - he often just dumps it back to the point when he has a lane to the net.
Ill have to take ur word for it. Got enough to think about being a leafs fan lol. Hopefully he bounces back strong when he gets inserted back in the lineup.

KapG is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-13-2013, 10:11 AM
Turbofan
The Full 60 Minutes

AFAIK this is the first time he's been a healthy scratch in his 2.5 year NHL career. Just gotta learn from it, happens to the best of them.

Turbofan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-13-2013, 10:21 AM
Tdoe42

What the hell would Jokinen benefit by being scratched he is what he is just not that good. You scratch young players and old players for totally different reasons!

Doesnt anyone remember when Stamkos got scratched and it turned around his career?

Tdoe42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-13-2013, 12:30 PM
GermanJetsFan
*PEW* *PEW* *PEW*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wings View Post
AFAIK this is the first time he's been a healthy scratch in his 2.5 year NHL career. Just gotta learn from it, happens to the best of them.
I'm pretty sure he got benched during his rookie season with Atlanta. Only 1-2 games though AFAIK.

GermanJetsFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-13-2013, 12:33 PM
King Woodballs
MVP! MVP! MVP!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wings View Post
Kirk Penton @PentonKirk
Quote:
Burmistrov doesn't know why he's benched. Says the media will have to ask the coach. #NHLJets

King Woodballs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-13-2013, 12:37 PM
YWGinYYZ
Global Moderator
Alien Hockey Wizard

vCash: 200
Perhaps Burmi should go ask the coach.

YWGinYYZ is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-13-2013, 12:40 PM
Gump Hasek
Spleen Merchant

vCash: 1250
Quote:
Originally Posted by King Woodballs View Post
Kirk Penton @PentonKirk

Burmistrov doesn't know why he's benched. Says the media will have to ask the coach. #NHLJets
He actually said that! Rick Ralph quoted it on 1290 this morning as well. This suggests the kid just doesn't have a clue as players aren't scratched without the reasoning being clearly and repeatedly explained to them. He should know by now the level of expectations placed upon him. Yikes.

Gump Hasek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-13-2013, 12:42 PM
Grind
Stomacheache AllStar

Quote:
Originally Posted by YWGinYYZ View Post
That response could either be "i wasn't told" or dodging.

I would really hope he does know why. if he doesn't, i would really hope he asks.

if we end up with a negative to both of those things i am

A) dissapointed in noel
B) dissapointed in burmi

Old
03-13-2013, 12:43 PM
sipowicz
The Original

vCash: 1989
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gump Hasek View Post
He actually said that! Rick Ralph quoted it on 1290 this morning as well. This suggests the kid just doesn't have a clue as players aren't scratched without the reasoning being clearly and repeatedly explained to them. Yikes.
Just for saying that Burmi needs to sit another game, I'm starting to get the feeling that Burmi isn't the sharpest knife in the drawer.

sipowicz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-13-2013, 12:44 PM
jetkarma

Quote:
He actually said that! Rick Ralph quoted it on 1290 this morning as well. This suggests the kid just doesn't have a clue as players aren't scratched without the reasoning being clearly and repeatedly explained to them. Yikes.
This should indicate to all those who have chastised people who have pointed out the challenges in Burmi's game and make up ,that it isn't being made up.

Sure he is young , but his lack of maturity and mental toughness and production are real . His skill level by no means makes up for that , imo.

jetkarma is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-13-2013, 12:45 PM
YWGinYYZ
Global Moderator
Alien Hockey Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grind View Post
That response could either be "i wasn't told" or dodging.

I would really hope he does know why. if he doesn't, i would really hope he asks.

if we end up with a negative to both of those things i am

A) dissapointed in noel
B) dissapointed in burmi
I find it incredibly difficult to believe that he wasn't informed as to why he was a healthy scratch. Dodging, or simply doesn't want to discuss it because it's an internal issue. Should have simply said "Ask the coach - its not my place to discuss"

Old
03-13-2013, 12:45 PM
jetkarma

Quote:
Perhaps he should listen , this time

jetkarma is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-13-2013, 12:48 PM
Grind
Stomacheache AllStar

Quote:
I find it incredibly difficult to believe that he wasn't informed as to why he was a healthy scratch. Dodging, or simply doesn't want to discuss it because it's an internal issue. Should have simply said "Ask the coach - its not my place to discuss"
me too, i just second guess myself that i'm dismissing it due to "not my child" syndrome.

Old
03-13-2013, 12:49 PM
YWGinYYZ
Global Moderator
Alien Hockey Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by jetkarma View Post
Perhaps he should listen , this time
No kidding. I like him, and want to see him reach his potential, but he's gotta take the initiative to turn this into something positive. His statement to the press is not a good start, IMHO

Old
03-13-2013, 12:50 PM
winterpeg
Sharp Dressed Man

Quote:
Perhaps that's what he meant and just speaks English poorly enough enough that it came off as attitude instead of the typical jets requirement of vague and "I can't say".

winterpeg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-13-2013, 12:51 PM
garret9
AKA#VitoCorrelationi

Quote:
Hahaha I know... people who think that there's this bad-boy coach-killer attitude and this is a part of it is just hilarious.

I'm sure it's just an ESL kid who would rather have said "Ask the coach - its not my place to discuss" had he thought of it on the spot.

garret9 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-13-2013, 12:51 PM
Jetsfan79

hmm don't recall Wellwood asking why get got benched earlier this year

Jetsfan79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-13-2013, 12:52 PM
Gump Hasek
Spleen Merchant

Quote:
Originally Posted by jetkarma View Post
This should indicate to all those who have chastised people who have pointed out the challenges in Burmi's game and make up ,that it isn't being made up.

Sure he is young , but his lack of maturity and mental toughness and production are real . His skill level by no means makes up for that , imo.
Spot on; agreed, 100%.

Old
03-13-2013, 12:55 PM
atl thrasher344
Believe in Blueland

Quote:
He actually said that! Rick Ralph quoted it on 1290 this morning as well. This suggests the kid just doesn't have a clue as players aren't scratched without the reasoning being clearly and repeatedly explained to them. He should know by now the level of expectations placed upon him. Yikes.
Or it shows that there is no communication between Burmi and the coaches. This is looking more and more like the Bogosian-Torchetti debacle every day.

atl thrasher344 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-13-2013, 12:59 PM
Gump Hasek
Spleen Merchant

Quote:
Originally Posted by atl thrasher344 View Post
Or it shows that there is no communication between Burmi and the coaches. This is looking more and more like the Bogosian-Torchetti debacle every day.
Noel said today at practice (am listening right now on 1290) that the two of them have a good relationship and that he speaks to Burmistrov every day.

There is no lack of communication and if anything isn't clearly understood they use Antro to ensure that Burmistrov understands the message. Apparently it has yet to register with him, judging by his "ask the coach" quote from today.