HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Edmonton Oilers
Notices

Rumors and Proposals Vol. 7: "GMs who should be posters"

Closed Thread

Old
03-13-2013, 03:58 AM
Bryanbryoil
I Know A Thing Or 6

vCash: 500
I would have great interest in Gardiner. He's a very fast skater, a good passer, and he has a big shot. He is also more physical than Justin Schultz. I would imagine that he'd be worth more than Hemsky straight up but less than Gagner.

03-13-2013, 08:44 AM
joestevens29

vCash: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paralyzer008 View Post
Question: What would be the cost of the Oilers grabbing Jhonas Enroth out of Buffalo? He's a younger guy, can backup Dubnyk yet also challenge him a bit.
Sounds like they want to move Miller, so I doubt Enroth is being moved.

Old
03-13-2013, 08:51 AM
joestevens29

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paralyzer008 View Post
Darren Dreger is reporting the asking price for Clowe is a first rounder/two second rounders + prospect, or something like that.

Jones + pick won't do it.
Seems quite low, even for a struggling player.
Quote:
Originally Posted by 402 View Post
@TSNBobMcKenzie: “@benhankinson: #FreeJakeGardiner”//this is Jake Gardiner's agent.

Free him to edmonton? He could play with good friend Justin on our blueline?

@dantencer: Free him to Edmonton. Left handed puck mover that's a good friend & former teammate of J. Schultz. RT @benhankinson #FreeJakeGardiner

Ok TOR whats the asking price
Curious what the price will end up being, but I have to think a lot of teams will be gunning for him.

Old
03-13-2013, 08:59 AM
joestevens29

Quote:
Originally Posted by dixs35 View Post
I tend to believe that Tambo was looking to move Whitney, Potter or Pecks and he would get a contract with the Oil. I'm happy he hasn't moved Whitney, but Pecks should have been moved long ago. He's going to lose a free asset who could have helped this team as much or more than Pecks. In reality though it just sucks for the Barons, they need him.
For some reason I don't think Peckham gets us anything. Washington couldn't move a proven vet in Hamrlik, so I have my doubts that Peckham really gets us anything.

Old
03-13-2013, 09:04 AM
OILSLICK94

Looks like OKC just lost Brett Clark, (he never signed a contract with the Oilers)

Michael Russo ‏@Russostrib
Per #NHL sources, the #mnwild has indeed signed veteran defenseman Brett Clark. Will take physical today; if he passes, joins tomorrow

Looks like Wild Scouts were there and plucked him.

Old
03-13-2013, 09:08 AM
OilDrop37

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by OILSLICK94 View Post
Looks like OKC just lost Brett Clark, (he never signed a contract with the Oilers)

Michael Russo ‏@Russostrib
Per #NHL sources, the #mnwild has indeed signed veteran defenseman Brett Clark. Will take physical today; if he passes, joins tomorrow

Looks like Wild Scouts were there and plucked him.
Wouldn't he have to pass thru waivers?

Old
03-13-2013, 09:12 AM
OILSLICK94

Quote:
Originally Posted by OilDrop37 View Post
I heard he would of had to pass through waivers if Oilers signed him, so same rules should apply here right.

Old
03-13-2013, 09:13 AM
stoff

Quote:
Originally Posted by OilDrop37 View Post
I thought that was only if they played in Europe? Might be wrong of course.

Old
03-13-2013, 09:18 AM
jsho

Quote:
Originally Posted by joestevens29 View Post
Sounds like they want to move Miller, so I doubt Enroth is being moved.
Where are you hearing this? Enroth has played like 3 games this year.

Old
03-13-2013, 09:20 AM
Jimmi Jenkins
Always the Bards

vCash: 612
Quote:
Originally Posted by jsho View Post
Where are you hearing this? Enroth has played like 3 games this year.
It's according to "Kypreos", that Miller is available, so grains of salt are required.

Old
03-13-2013, 09:25 AM
OilDrop37

Quote:
Originally Posted by stoff View Post
I thought that was only if they played in Europe? Might be wrong of course.
I'm not sure. I think Pitts just signed Kostopolus and he was claimed by NJ, not sure where he was playing though.

Old
03-13-2013, 09:25 AM
joestevens29

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimmi Jenkins View Post
It's according to "Kypreos", that Miller is available, so grains of salt are required.
I don't know Miller is making top end money and hasn't been all that great the last 3 years. Not the first time I've heard Miller could be moved.

Old
03-13-2013, 09:26 AM
Jimmi Jenkins
Always the Bards

vCash: 612
Quote:
I don't know Miller is making top end money and hasn't been all that great the last 3 years. Not the first time I've heard Miller could be moved.
No it's not, but Kypreos' comment was "his days are numbered in Buffalo", which sounds just like Kypreos beaking off more then anything.

Old
03-13-2013, 09:35 AM
joestevens29

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimmi Jenkins View Post
No it's not, but Kypreos' comment was "his days are numbered in Buffalo", which sounds just like Kypreos beaking off more then anything.
I tend to disregard certain parts of the convo when guys like him or Maclean talk.

Old
03-13-2013, 09:38 AM
stoff

What do people think about this tandem of deals that could be made at the deadline?

To Boston:
Ryan Smyth

To Edmonton:
Greg Campbell

To Chicago:
Eric Belanger + 5th round pick

To Edmonton:
Kyle Beach

Could play Beach with RNH and Ebs and see if they could develop chemistry, because there doesn't appear to be any with Hartikainen or Jones, and could round out a 4th line with an actual centre.

Old
03-13-2013, 09:39 AM
stoff

Quote:
I tend to disregard certain parts of the convo when guys like him or Maclean talk.
Maclean yes, but Kypreos has been very good at breaking news and is up there with Dreger and Mckenzie as the top guys.

Old
03-13-2013, 09:56 AM
misfit

Quote:
Originally Posted by stoff View Post
To Chicago:
Eric Belanger + 5th round pick

To Edmonton:
Kyle Beach

Could play Beach with RNH and Ebs and see if they could develop chemistry, because there doesn't appear to be any with Hartikainen or Jones, and could round out a 4th line with an actual centre.
That sounds like Pat Quinn thinking (JFJ) to me. Kyle Beach isn't even an NHL player and you want him on the top line? Eric Belanger is infinitely more valuable to this team than Beach, and you've got us adding a pick? At some point, the fact that he was a 1st round pick has to stop being a factor in a player's value to this team.

03-13-2013, 10:07 AM
stoff

Quote:
Originally Posted by misfit View Post
That sounds like Pat Quinn thinking (JFJ) to me. Kyle Beach isn't even an NHL player and you want him on the top line? Eric Belanger is infinitely more valuable to this team than Beach, and you've got us adding a pick? At some point, the fact that he was a 1st round pick has to stop being a factor in a player's value to this team.
The trades are meant to be in tandem. If we get greg campbell is Belanger really more valuable than him??

And that is not the first line this year. Eberle has 6 goals and Nuge has 11 points. The horcoff and gagner lines of late are 1 and 2 as far as even strength goes.

It's not that he's a first round pick, it's the fact that Krueger is trying to have a gritty player on all top 3 lines and Beach is worth a trial for the last 20 or so odd games isn't he? And i'm adding a 5th round pick that has a 5 % chance of making the NHL 5 years from now.

Old
03-13-2013, 10:10 AM
Reimer
Tambo Troll Face

So with Gardiner's status in Tornton quickly becoming a debacle due to his agent. What do people think he's worth?

I see above BBO said more than Hemsky but less than Gagner.

How about something centered around MPS and we try to move him while his value is on a steady incline?

You'd have to think that Gardiners value is low due to playing in the minors and now his agent being a dink.

Old
03-13-2013, 10:16 AM
s7ark
LeonTheProfessional

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reimer View Post
So with Gardiner's status in Tornton quickly becoming a debacle due to his agent. What do people think he's worth?

How about something centered around MPS and we try to move him while his value is on a steady incline?

You'd have to think that Gardiners value is low due to playing in the minors and now his agent being a dink.
I have no interest in moving Paajarvi . He's really starting to look good and besides, I am sure TO would want other pieces. I would try to do something around Hemsky + Smid + Conditional pick if Smid doesn't re-sign for Gardiner + Kulemin.

But like I said before, I don't think TO even considers moving him. Nonnis pretty much said their youth wasn't on the table when he took over.

Old
03-13-2013, 10:17 AM
CupofOil

Quote:
Originally Posted by nofool6110 View Post
They really don't need d-men. What they need is a player who can play top line centre, or secondary scoring...

Hemsky and our second for Gardiner + Kulemin.

Kulemin-RNH-Eberle
PRV-Gagner-Yakupov
Hall-Horcoff-Jones
Brown-Smyth-Petrell-Belanger

Schultz-Gardiner
Smid-Petry
Schultz-Whitney
I would love that deal but it's a total pipedream to think that Hemsky+2nd will net Kulemin and Gardiner. I don't even think that they trade Gardiner straight up for that package.

Old
03-13-2013, 10:18 AM
Petro Points

vCash: 885
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reimer View Post

That freeGardiner hashtag was created by Leaffans and has been in use for a while... The agent just referred to it and it does not mean Gardiner wants out..

Old
03-13-2013, 10:18 AM
BowDangles

I really like how the Oilers have found three decent offensive lines with Horcoff's return. To be honest, the worst of the three in the last two games has been the Ebs-RNH line.

Jones - RNH - Ebs
Hall - Horc - Hemmer
Yakupov - Gagner - MPS

They should look to get an improvement on Jones, and let Jones play on the 4th line where he can thrive. Jones is a decent 3rd liner but a great 4th liner, so have him on the 4th.

Now that we are scoring 5on5 I don't see getting a big top 6 physical player as our number one need. Sure it is still a need but I think they need a defence man more.

Whitney has been playing lights out offensively lately, 5 points in his last 7 including 3 goals. I really hope they do not trade him for picks... He is not going to get you a first round pick and like Gregor says all the time, the chances of anything after the first round of making the NHL is like 15%...

Hopefully we can package Whitney and something else to get a dman, maybe look at a guy like Gardiner or a team that has a younger dman looking to make the next jump but the club needs a vet for the playoff push.

Old
03-13-2013, 10:23 AM
Petro Points

vCash: 885
As Oiler fans who would you rather have going forward if you could only have 1.

Gardiner with his concussion history\regression
or
Klefbom with his injuries and lack of NHL exp

I cant see us fitting both into our lineup without losing a grittier player like Smid..
Can have so many sub 200lbs puck movers.

Old
03-13-2013, 10:25 AM
oilersrule14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Petro Points View Post
That freeGardiner hashtag was created by Leaffans and has been in use for a while... The agent just referred to it and it does not mean Gardiner wants out..
He tweeted the hashtag with absolutely nothing else. What else does that mean? Obviously, Gardiner and the agent is unhappy with still being in the AHL, I don't know how you could not come to that conclusion.

Closed Thread