HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Florida Panthers
Notices

Scott Timmins arrested in San Antonio

Old
03-12-2013, 01:31 PM
billysbreakdown

vCash: 235
Don't you guys lock the door at night or what's up?
If he didn't break in, how can a drunk person get into your home?

Btw, that's pretty awesome by you p9ers.

billysbreakdown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-12-2013, 01:48 PM
RampageNate

vCash: 500
Send a message via Yahoo to RampageNate
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steel Panther View Post
Don't you guys lock the door at night or what's up?
If he didn't break in, how can a drunk person get into your home?

Btw, that's pretty awesome by you p9ers.
I live out in the sticks and we lock our doors every night.

This house was in a "questionable" area of town, less than 1/2 mile from where this, and several other, bars sit. I'd say not locking your door in that neighborhood is asking for trouble. You just don't expect it from a canadian athlete that looks like Jesus.

RampageNate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-12-2013, 02:42 PM
Benched

vCash: 157
Quote:
Originally Posted by adam graves View Post
What site did u use pls...
http://www.bexar.org/cfdocs/cjcp/magsearch.cfm

Quote:
Originally Posted by p9ers View Post
It did happened to me. Woke up to go to the bathroom and there was someone in the hallway. I went to the bathroom and gave him a blanket, put my laptop in my room and left a note to tell him he's in a stranger's house and to leave in the morning or to make me pancake. He left me a thank you note and I received a card with a 20$ a week later.
Well kudos on your good deed (and I have to say that note does sound pretty awesome) but this was a woman with kids in the house. Probably a bit different than your circumstances.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laus723 View Post
Oh, didn't know he was the only player to get drunk and do something stupid. It's a misdemeanor. Not saying he should get a slap on the wrist, but he doesn't have problems. Not based solely on this.
Of course he's not the first to do something stupid while drunk. But to get that drunk to where you black out is pretty bad. Also, he was very lucky that it was only a misdemeanor. In that state, you have no idea where you are or what you're doing. He could easily be facing jail time right now. If the husband was home, he could be dead. He got really lucky.

Just a really irresponsible act by a kid. Thank god nothing more happened to him.

Last edited by Benched: 03-12-2013 at 02:47 PM.
Benched is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-12-2013, 06:58 PM
IceCapsFanNL

Glad he wasn't hurt. Made the main page of the CBC webpage.

IceCapsFanNL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-12-2013, 07:07 PM
Kikizaz

Quote:
Originally Posted by RampageNate View Post
I live out in the sticks and we lock our doors every night.

This house was in a "questionable" area of town, less than 1/2 mile from where this, and several other, bars sit. I'd say not locking your door in that neighborhood is asking for trouble. You just don't expect it from a canadian athlete that looks like Jesus.
I've accidentally done, or attempted, this. Late night out, ended up 3 houses down from mine, my neighbour came down to confront me and told me I was at the wrong house. Luckily my neighbour and the police were understanding. An apology in the morning was all that was needed, hope for a similar outcome here.

All though, this situation is hilarious.

Kikizaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-13-2013, 09:45 AM
SeasonTicket

"I can't comment until I have more information,'' Panthers assistant GM Mike Santos said as the game began Tuesday. "I've talked to Scott and he's OK, there's nothing wrong with him.''

Santos, who said Timmins practiced with the Rampage on Tuesday, added whether Timmins played Wednesday was up to coach Chuck Weber.

"Iíve talked to Scott. Heís OK,'' Santos said. "Weíre just going to let the process go .-.-. Iím sure heís embarrassed, but at this point I donít have any more information than you do.Ē

I think the Panthers need to step up a little here and say the right things about this situation. Santo's makes it sound like drinking in excess is the norm. He had a little too much but he's ok, just embarrassed.

Aren't these guys professional athletes hoping to one day make the next level. Hell Timmins was just called up a little while ago. If I was in his shoes I would be making sure I was in the best shape of my life for when my next opportunity arrives. Drinking till you black out is not the way.

SeasonTicket is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-13-2013, 10:00 AM
RainingRats

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeasonTicket View Post
"I can't comment until I have more information,'' Panthers assistant GM Mike Santos said as the game began Tuesday. "I've talked to Scott and he's OK, there's nothing wrong with him.''

Santos, who said Timmins practiced with the Rampage on Tuesday, added whether Timmins played Wednesday was up to coach Chuck Weber.

"I’ve talked to Scott. He’s OK,'' Santos said. "We’re just going to let the process go .-.-. I’m sure he’s embarrassed, but at this point I don’t have any more information than you do.”

I think the Panthers need to step up a little here and say the right things about this situation. Santo's makes it sound like drinking in excess is the norm. He had a little too much but he's ok, just embarrassed.

Aren't these guys professional athletes hoping to one day make the next level. Hell Timmins was just called up a little while ago. If I was in his shoes I would be making sure I was in the best shape of my life for when my next opportunity arrives. Drinking till you black out is not the way.
You don't know the circumstances. Maybe he never drinks and that's why he blacked out? Maybe it was a birthday party for his best friend and things got out of hand? He made a minor mistake. It shouldn't ruin his career and it doesn't say anything about how serious he is trying to get to the next level..

RainingRats is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-13-2013, 10:49 AM
SeasonTicket

You don't know the circumstances either. I'm sure that a lot of players in the NHL have a few after a game or on a night when they have a day off the next day.

My point is that with our depleted lineup and the fact that he was a recent call up I personally would be keeping myself ready at all times in case that call came. When your a minor league player and not highly touted you only get so many opportunities.

Harvey Fialkov‏@hfialkov

Dineen said Versteeg's pretty 'tender' quite the understatment,someone coming up from AHL for Boston.Guessing its not Timmins #flapanthers

And that twitter by Harvey kind of sums up my point as well. Whether it was a one time thing or not he has this hanging around his neck.

Last edited by SeasonTicket: 03-13-2013 at 11:06 AM.
SeasonTicket is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-13-2013, 11:26 AM
Tooth Rez

Scotch Timmins

Tooth Rez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-13-2013, 11:51 AM
zeroG

Quote:
Originally Posted by RainingRats View Post
You don't know the circumstances. Maybe he never drinks and that's why he blacked out? Maybe it was a birthday party for his best friend and things got out of hand? He made a minor mistake. It shouldn't ruin his career and it doesn't say anything about how serious he is trying to get to the next level..
exactly what i was thinking. people need to chill the **** out.

zeroG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-13-2013, 11:55 AM
zeroG

this did come up while having a few pitchers after hockey last night. unsurprisingly, it was in the context how many/which guns people have at home for self defense. these guys ALL have guns next to their beds (as well as other places); everyone does. timmons was truly lucky.

zeroG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-13-2013, 12:02 PM
Don Tibbles
Nothing to see here

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tooth Rez View Post
Scotch Timmins

Don Tibbles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-13-2013, 03:28 PM
Jessica
NHL, AHL, & KHL lovr

Send a message via Yahoo to Jessica
We have a game in a few hours, will find out then if he is playing or not. Will let you all know if he is on ice for team during the game.

Jessica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-13-2013, 04:00 PM
jessebelanger

the real story here is probably that he went home with the mom after a night out on the town and they got themselves in some hot water the next morning

jessebelanger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-13-2013, 06:29 PM
Jessica
NHL, AHL, & KHL lovr

No Timmins tonight.

Old
03-14-2013, 03:32 AM
Markstrom Rules
Great Finnish

His buddies really should have done a better job of taking care of him. It's their failure as much as his. It's an unwritten rule, when your buddy is wasted, you don't leave him to his own devices. Sure, you fool with him, but you make sure he gets home safe. Or maybe he just doesn't have many friends.

Markstrom Rules is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-14-2013, 08:29 AM
TurboBrick

I missed the first period last night but I heard that Timmins had been a part of the warmups, but was scratched from the game. When I didn't see him at first I was worried that he had walked in to Northwoods Ice Center and fallen asleep there.

TurboBrick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-14-2013, 08:40 AM
RampageNate

Quote:
Originally Posted by TurboBrick View Post
I missed the first period last night but I heard that Timmins had been a part of the warmups, but was scratched from the game. When I didn't see him at first I was worried that he had walked in to Northwoods Ice Center and fallen asleep there.
He wasn't out there for warmups.

Old
03-14-2013, 10:15 AM
RainingRats

I think one game he has to sit out is fine. Make him take some 6 hour alcohol awareness class and then forget about it.

RainingRats is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-14-2013, 10:21 AM
RampageNate

Quote:
Originally Posted by RainingRats View Post
I think one game he has to sit out is fine. Make him take some 6 hour alcohol awareness class and then forget about it.
Agreed. And depending on if he did any damage to the home, he pays for it, and the family gets floor seats to a Spurs game. Guarandamntee you, they forget it ever happened.

Old
03-15-2013, 07:08 PM
Jessica
NHL, AHL, & KHL lovr

Timmins on ice for warm ups

Old
03-15-2013, 07:54 PM
adam graves
Panthers 17yr sth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jessica View Post
Timmins on ice for warm ups
glad to hear it.

Again it was dumb, not vicious.

adam graves is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-15-2013, 08:28 PM
VaporTrail
GOODBYE D'arse !!!

vCash: 200
Thank God that guy with the itchy trigger finger didn't get him ! Or this could have been one very sad story, yikes.....

VaporTrail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-15-2013, 10:12 PM
jBuds
pretty damn valuable

Jeez. You can't make it up.

jBuds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-19-2013, 06:49 AM
jol

Another case, NFL player Desmond Bryant returning "home" after night in South Beach:
"Isaac Bakar awoke early one Sunday morning last month to find a man yanking on the front door of his North Miami Beach home.
Not just any man: A 6-foot-6, 311-pound NFL defensive lineman named Desmond Bryant.
Intoxicated and incoherent, Bryant was arrested for criminal mischief for allegedly trying to break down the door to Bakarís house, police records show.
While Bryantís arrest was embarrassing ó his slack-jawed mug shot from the Feb. 24 incident has already attained Internet infamy ó it didnít prevent Bryant from receiving a five-year, $34 million contract with the Cleveland Browns last week."

http://www.miamiherald.com/2013/03/1...#storylink=cpy

Also owner of the house is suing Bryant.

I think these teams have to start talking to these players about going into wrong houses, specially in Florida with all these Stand Your Ground laws, owner/tenant can finish players career pretty fast.

JOL

jol is offline   Reply With Quote