HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Columbus Blue Jackets
Notices

CBJ vs. VAN

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
03-13-2013, 06:40 AM
  #201
JacketsDavid
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 199
vCash: 500
Bob is playing out of his mind.
Our offense kinda is what it is. it got on a roll for a few games but has regressed back to 2 goals/game. Likley won't be fixed until we add some talent.
But as long as the boys play hard and Bob stays on fire we should be in most games.

JacketsDavid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-13-2013, 07:42 AM
  #202
blahblah
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Posts: 16,362
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sore Loser View Post
I ask this: If he comes in full speed like that, stops like that, and doesn't spin ... does it count?

Just because he turns around backwards, he's allowed to come to a complete stop, wait for the goalie to vacate the crease, and then tuck the puck into the empty net?

Seems legit

That is my contention. The NHL seems to have made an exception for what is, essentially, a gimic move. A thing of beauty as others suggest? I find nothing exciting about that move.

It is allowed, so good goal. I'm not bitter about the loss, I think we were eventually going to lose in the SO anyway. However, whether it's a Canuk or Jacket scoring that goal, I find it just as lame this morning as I did last night. The owners have strange hangups on certain things in hockey, so I have no doubt this unfortunate exception will continue to exist.

blahblah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-13-2013, 07:55 AM
  #203
Nordique
Registered User
 
Nordique's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Ohio
Country: United States
Posts: 7,023
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by blahblah View Post
That is my contention. The NHL seems to have made an exception for what is, essentially, a gimic move. A thing of beauty as others suggest? I find nothing exciting about that move.

It is allowed, so good goal. I'm not bitter about the loss, I think we were eventually going to lose in the SO anyway. However, whether it's a Canuk or Jacket scoring that goal, I find it just as lame this morning as I did last night. The owners have strange hangups on certain things in hockey, so I have no doubt this unfortunate exception will continue to exist.
Its garbage. He comes to a complete stop with one foot in the crease, spins back out of the crease, and deposits the puck in the far side of the goal. How in the hell is that a legit SO goal?

I know we didn't play well, probably got a point we didn't truly deserve thanks to Bobs overall performance, but I went to bed pissed about that result and woke up pissed as well.

Nordique is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-13-2013, 08:13 AM
  #204
HoldFast13
DESTROY!!!!
 
HoldFast13's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Columbus OH
Country: United States
Posts: 655
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nordique View Post
Its garbage. He comes to a complete stop with one foot in the crease, spins back out of the crease, and deposits the puck in the far side of the goal. How in the hell is that a legit SO goal?

I know we didn't play well, probably got a point we didn't truly deserve thanks to Bobs overall performance, but I went to bed pissed about that result and woke up pissed as well.
Yep same here. I think at the very least the goal should have received a review. Overall I thought all of the officiating was pretty bad for both teams. I keep hearing about some supposed slash on one of the creepy swedes. I don't remember seeing it, admittedly it could be my Union Blue shaded glasses OR the fact the Sedins tend to fly halfway across the rink if you exhale too quickly around them...

HoldFast13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-13-2013, 08:20 AM
  #205
JACKETfan
Real Blue Jacketfan
 
JACKETfan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Venice
Country: United States
Posts: 9,232
vCash: 500
Spin o Rama videos



http://www.youtube.com/watch?nomobile=1&v=-Wa6vQ0bCJs


When is it a real spin-o-rama, or a stop, spin and backhand?

JACKETfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-13-2013, 08:22 AM
  #206
pete goegan
HFBoards Sponsor
 
pete goegan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 11,407
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by HoldFast13 View Post
...the fact the Sedins tend to fly halfway across the rink if you exhale too quickly around them...
Do the brothers embellish? Perhaps, but anyone who thinks those two aren't tough has never sat behind the goal and watched them compete for pucks, take hits, and maintain their skates. Sisters? I wouldn't want to be the one to say that to their faces!

The Nucks had several of their patented telepathic rushes down the ice, last night, but nothing they did took Bob by surprise - he was all over their ****! The Jackets, in fact, looked on several occasions like they also knew what to do with the puck in order to get a good look. Didn't amount to more than an unsuccessful pretty play, or two, but there were signs that good communication is not impossible in blue and red!

pete goegan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-13-2013, 08:42 AM
  #207
EDM
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Posts: 2,881
vCash: 500
These are the kind of losses to expect when this team plays an elite team. The bright side is that we held our own against them and took them to an SO before yielding to them. To me, it was another good night for a rapidly developing young team.

EDM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-13-2013, 08:48 AM
  #208
Nordique
Registered User
 
Nordique's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Ohio
Country: United States
Posts: 7,023
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by EDM View Post
These are the kind of losses to expect when this team plays an elite team. The bright side is that we held our own against them and took them to an SO before yielding to them. To me, it was another good night for a rapidly developing young team.
I agree. You aren't going to have high energy every night. We played pretty flat for 2 periods last night, but were composed enough to limit most of their chances to outside shots that Bob could handle, and we swept alot of rebounds out of harms way. It would be nice to have some high end scoring talent that could get you a W on nights like this, but in the end every player was accountable, we finished the 3rd period well, and had a shot at 2 points in the SO. We need to get our legs back for CHI.

Nordique is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-13-2013, 09:24 AM
  #209
blahblah
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Posts: 16,362
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by punk_o_holic View Post
I said to myself, spinorama. As posted earlier, he's done that move before and that always stands out for me when I think of Raymond and a shootout.
What should be obvious is that the spin-o-rama is a gimic. The name of the move is the first and last clue needed. The fact that you can lose a regular season game to a skills competition with a move that has name that screams gimic is a problem in my book.

This is my first vent on SO's for a while. I hate, hate, hate, them. They are best left to the All-Start game. It would be like taking a baseball game that goes beyond 10 innings and deciding it on a home run derby. A lot like deciding a basketball game, after one OT, with a slam dunk contest.

The fact that a spin-o-rama is allowed should cast major doubt on the legitimacy of the SO. The fact that a SO win gathers the same amount of points as a OT or regulation win is a black mark on the game.

The spin-o-rama just gave me another opportunity to blast the joke that is the shoot out. It takes one of the best games in world, if not the best, and turns it into arena football. I feel dirty every time they do it. If they want to have that decide games for 8 year olds, that is cool. But for a pro game? A joke. Why do we have it? Well one of the top two is so that people can't complain about a regular season game end in a tie. It's NOT a playoff game. It is NOT a legitimate win, even when we get lucky enough to win more of them than we lose.

As far as Raymond. I guess you have to be known for something. Beyond that he's a rather unremarkable player. Maybe he can teach Brassard or RJ that move.

blahblah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-13-2013, 09:46 AM
  #210
blahblah
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Posts: 16,362
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by major major View Post
I disagree. SO is a game to decide the game, nothing wrong with that. I also didn't notice anyone wanting to ban shootouts after RyJo and Matty's sick moves the other night.
Just saw this reading backwards. If you believe that a baseball game should be decided by a home run derby, then there is nothing I can say to persuade you otherwise.

As far as us winning shoot outs, if people have followed me over the years they know, I f'ing hate shootouts with a fiery passion. They are not legitimate wins. I don't care if we won the Cup, by getting the #8 seed on the last day with a SO win, and made an impossible run.

Every time we win with a shoot out, I die a little inside. Did I like that we got 2 points? Sure. Did I like how we got the 2 points? F no.

blahblah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-13-2013, 10:08 AM
  #211
candyman82
Registered User
 
candyman82's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Fredericksburg, VA
Posts: 2,375
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by pete goegan View Post
Do the brothers embellish? Perhaps, but anyone who thinks those two aren't tough has never sat behind the goal and watched them compete for pucks, take hits, and maintain their skates. Sisters? I wouldn't want to be the one to say that to their faces!

The Nucks had several of their patented telepathic rushes down the ice, last night, but nothing they did took Bob by surprise - he was all over their ****! The Jackets, in fact, looked on several occasions like they also knew what to do with the puck in order to get a good look. Didn't amount to more than an unsuccessful pretty play, or two, but there were signs that good communication is not impossible in blue and red!
Thank you!

Seriously, anybody who thinks the Sedins aren't tough needs to watch them in the corners. They take so much abuse it's ridiculous.

candyman82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-13-2013, 10:13 AM
  #212
OldGoaltender
Registered User
 
OldGoaltender's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: The Triad NC
Country: United States
Posts: 808
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by blahblah View Post
Just saw this reading backwards. If you believe that a baseball game should be decided by a home run derby, then there is nothing I can say to persuade you otherwise.

As far as us winning shoot outs, if people have followed me over the years they know, I f'ing hate shootouts with a fiery passion. They are not legitimate wins. I don't care if we won the Cup, by getting the #8 seed on the last day with a SO win, and made an impossible run.

Every time we win with a shoot out, I die a little inside. Did I like that we got 2 points? Sure. Did I like how we got the 2 points? F no.
I couldn't agree more. I find nothing wrong with ties. We are such an instant gratification society. I wish some of the new systems and way of playing would go away, overtime and shoot outs at the top of my list.

OldGoaltender is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-13-2013, 10:22 AM
  #213
Double-Shift Lassť
Moderator
Just post better
 
Double-Shift Lassť's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: Superurban Cbus
Country: United States
Posts: 17,454
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by OldGoaltender View Post
I couldn't agree more. I find nothing wrong with ties.
Hell, bring back the ascot!


j/k - I also find the shootout an abomination. Play a 5 or 10 minute overtime and leave it there.

__________________
"Every game, every point is a necessity." -- Ty Conklin, January 2007
"I'll have a chance to compete for the post of first issue. This is the most important thing." -- Sergei Bobrovsky, June 2012
Double-Shift Lassť is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-13-2013, 10:46 AM
  #214
pete goegan
HFBoards Sponsor
 
pete goegan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 11,407
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Double-Shift Lassť View Post
Hell, bring back the ascot!


j/k - I also find the shootout an abomination. Play a 5 or 10 minute overtime and leave it there.
Yep (and I look absolutely ravishing in an ascot!).

pete goegan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-13-2013, 11:03 AM
  #215
davidbklyn
Registered User
 
davidbklyn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Brooklyn
Country: United States
Posts: 1,710
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Double-Shift Lassť View Post
Hell, bring back the ascot!


j/k - I also find the shootout an abomination. Play a 5 or 10 minute overtime and leave it there.
agree. 10 minute overtime, no goals = tie game. I think 20 mins is too long; the full extra period in the NFL makes more sense since they tend to have a week off between games (though goodell is really trying to change that, player safety be damned)

Killing me last night the trouble the Jackets were having clearing the zone.

the spinny goal seems to have 2 problems- stopping momentum, and the puck moving back towards center ice. take yer pick, both infractions occurred last night

davidbklyn is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-13-2013, 12:15 PM
  #216
cbjgirl
Just thinking
 
cbjgirl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: about last summer.
Country: United States
Posts: 3,227
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by candyman82 View Post
Thank you!

Seriously, anybody who thinks the Sedins aren't tough needs to watch them in the corners. They take so much abuse it's ridiculous.
We have seats in 205 now. The thing that got my attention last night was the Tyutin / Sedin interactions. I don't know what got under Tyutin's skin last night, but he had an excellent game neutralizing those two. H Sedin in particular seemed to like "water-skiing" with Tyutin. One hand on his own stick, the other hanging onto Tyutin shoulder. That happened multiple times at our end of the rink.

cbjgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-13-2013, 12:24 PM
  #217
VinnyC
vancity, c-bus, 'peg
 
VinnyC's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Na'ē panjā
Country: Canada
Posts: 10,750
vCash: 500
With Bob playing the way he is, will Mason ride the bench until Columbus' #1 cop in town has a bad night?

I'm a little bit concerned because Mason used to be good like that and all went to hell when we took his rookie play for granted.

VinnyC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-13-2013, 02:10 PM
  #218
HoldFast13
DESTROY!!!!
 
HoldFast13's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Columbus OH
Country: United States
Posts: 655
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by pete goegan View Post
Do the brothers embellish? Perhaps, but anyone who thinks those two aren't tough has never sat behind the goal and watched them compete for pucks, take hits, and maintain their skates. Sisters? I wouldn't want to be the one to say that to their faces!

The Nucks had several of their patented telepathic rushes down the ice, last night, but nothing they did took Bob by surprise - he was all over their ****! The Jackets, in fact, looked on several occasions like they also knew what to do with the puck in order to get a good look. Didn't amount to more than an unsuccessful pretty play, or two, but there were signs that good communication is not impossible in blue and red!

I was of course referring to the fact they tend to embellish a good bit.

HoldFast13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-13-2013, 02:25 PM
  #219
Skraut
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Enter city here
Posts: 10,344
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by VinnyC View Post
With Bob playing the way he is, will Mason ride the bench until Columbus' #1 cop in town has a bad night?

I'm a little bit concerned because Mason used to be good like that and all went to hell when we took his rookie play for granted.
I don't see this team qualifying Mason as they would have to give him a raise on his very overpaid contract.

So, if he isn't in your future, why do you give him starts if you don't have to?

Skraut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-13-2013, 02:33 PM
  #220
CrazyCanucks
Registered User
 
CrazyCanucks's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Country: India
Posts: 2,078
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by pete goegan View Post
Do the brothers embellish? Perhaps, but anyone who thinks those two aren't tough has never sat behind the goal and watched them compete for pucks, take hits, and maintain their skates. Sisters? I wouldn't want to be the one to say that to their faces!

The Nucks had several of their patented telepathic rushes down the ice, last night, but nothing they did took Bob by surprise - he was all over their ****! The Jackets, in fact, looked on several occasions like they also knew what to do with the puck in order to get a good look. Didn't amount to more than an unsuccessful pretty play, or two, but there were signs that good communication is not impossible in blue and red!
They dont, there are other players who do on the team and everybody knows who they are, but the twins dont. They are tough as nails. They play vs every teams 1st D pairing every night for the last 6 years and just produce. Henrik is just 7 gms behign Jay-Bo's in tersm of consecutiver games played. They dont fall as the other poster suggested.

Good for you guys who finally have a goalie who can stop the puck. Things are looking up in cbj land

CrazyCanucks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-13-2013, 02:46 PM
  #221
pete goegan
HFBoards Sponsor
 
pete goegan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 11,407
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by HoldFast13 View Post
I was of course referring to the fact they tend to embellish a good bit.
I understand that, it just reminded me of something I noticed, last night.

pete goegan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-13-2013, 04:12 PM
  #222
JacketsDavid
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 199
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skraut View Post
I don't see this team qualifying Mason as they would have to give him a raise on his very overpaid contract.

So, if he isn't in your future, why do you give him starts if you don't have to?
If he kept playing well he could have been attractive at the deadline. Now at most he was likley worth a 3rd-7th round pick for a team that had a goalie injured (couple teams in East have that problem now).

But I tend to agree keep playing Bob. We need to see if he can be a good goalie for an entire season. He was great for the first couple of games, then very average at best for awhile (Mason honestly outplayed him for a stretch) but now is playling lights out.

The CBJ need to figure out what they need in goal next year - is it a 1B guy who may need to be 1A if Bob isn't good, or if he continues playing well maybe we can just sign an aging vet to help mentor im and play 20 or so games next year.

JacketsDavid is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:39 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2014 All Rights Reserved.