HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Nashville Predators
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Preds @ Stars: The "Tanking" Edition

Old
03-13-2013, 11:03 AM
sighthndlady

vCash: 500
What did Blum do to end up in Trotz's doghouse? I thought he was playing very steady and starting to contribute offensively, then he's back riding the pine. No knock on Bartley, he's looked solid since getting the call, but I don't see him as better than #7?

Also glad to see #24 back in the lineup. Another one of those coaching decision mysteries.

sighthndlady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-13-2013, 11:04 AM
Enoch
This is my boomstick

I cannot stand Robidas

03-13-2013, 11:43 AM
deanwormer

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by sighthndlady View Post
What did Blum do to end up in Trotz's doghouse? I thought he was playing very steady and starting to contribute offensively, then he's back riding the pine.
I noticed several times Blum just looked lost when there was pressure in our end; just standing. He got burned at least once that resulted in a goal cause he wasn't watching his guy - several chances I noticed where Peks bailed him out. I don't think he pairs well with Klein for whatever reason (kinda' like Hammer when they paired that year) and he's not the solid Dman we need to pair with Ellis to let him play O.

Bartley was solid most of the 2 home games - he goes to the right place, doesn't try to make the "reach" play. Got a little frazzled toward the end of the MN game and I think Trotz skipped a couple shifts, but otherwise he's been more than adequate at playing D; while he seems to have a little O to his game, we sure haven't seen anything to think it's as good as Blum's.

deanwormer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-13-2013, 12:06 PM
Webersmashpuck

What a fun game. I am glad Legwand is back offensively contributing, and Fisher is starting to resemble an NHL player for the past few games. Even Kostitsyn looked solid, and I was much happier with him on the point this game. Then there were our kids that played great, Clune, Halischuk, Bourque, and Spaling.

I can't believe Yip played 9 minutes, as was said the only thing he did was that one nice legal hit.

Defensively the team was great, and all defensemen were hitting hard, even Bartley and Josi. It was nice to see.

I was hoping Clune or Yip would fight someone like Roy to send a message for the Nystrom fight against Ellis, but I would say Ellis won. Fisher and Weber both bloodied their opponents.

Clune might be the best personality this team has ever had, he may also be an even more annoying pest than Tootoo.

Webersmashpuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-13-2013, 02:13 PM
preds1
Weber's Bomb

vCash: 1548
Quote:
Originally Posted by Webersmashpuck View Post

Clune might be the best personality this team has ever had, he may also be an even more annoying pest than Tootoo.
Against any other away team would be questionable.......
but his penalty shot celebration made me laugh.

preds1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-13-2013, 02:50 PM
worstfaceoffmanever
These Snacks Are Odd

Say hello to the Ewing Effect.

We handled a team that plays intense hockey very well. That win impressed me a lot more than the Edmonton one last week. Full marks to all of the defensemen, and Rinne was nothing short of sensational. The power play, a huge part of our success last year, was clicking very well and got us two goals. The other two goals came on well-worked transition play. If we can get that type of performance consistently over the next 20 games, we'll be in the playoffs.

Clune won me over last night. By no means an emerging star, but a valuable role player, and he gives this team some personality. Like Sean Avery, but, you know, funny.

Also, good to see Fisher stand up for himself. Robidas was firing away on him out into the high slot and got no call, so I have no problems with him getting into it.

worstfaceoffmanever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-13-2013, 04:44 PM
glenngineer
HF Partner

I kind of liked Clune from the get go and lately he's really grown on me. He plays hard every time he's on the ice. Once again, a guy with lesser talent working his tail off. You can't argue with that. I really wish we still had Tootoo because a Clune/Tootoo/Gaustad line would've been the ultimate agitator line.

Glad to see Hali back to his old ways. He played with fire and intensity and skated hard every shift. He was moving his feet all night long and it paid off with the Spaling goal and other good opportunities throughout the night. He got the message and that's all you can hope for at the end of the day. I hope he never forgets that message as I think we'll see an inspired Hali the rest of the year. I also think it serves notice to other guys on the roster that you will sit if you're not playing hard.

I love that this is going to be a rivalry between us and Dallass. Two good teams with hatred towards one another. That's when you get some great hockey to watch because neither team will back down from the other. It's funny that we've been in the same division for years and had some good matchups with Detroit and Columbus but I honestly don't think anything is matching the intensity of what I've seen the last two games against Dallas. Going to be fun to go up against them multiple times a year now.

glenngineer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-13-2013, 05:13 PM
PredsV82
Polishing Turds

vCash: 160
I am guessing the Clund PS goal was much more satisfying than if he had been able to beat Fiddler to a pulp...

I didnt see it but I sure hope he pointed at Fiddler and said something to the effect of "guess I'll be around a little more than two weeks"

PredsV82 is online now   Reply With Quote