HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Ben Eager Available?

Closed Thread

Old
03-12-2013, 03:14 PM
caley

vCash: 500
Ben Eager Available?

Per Oilers radio host, Dan Tencer

Quote:
Ben Eager healthy scratch again tonight. I won't speculate on why, but the willingness to embrace his role just hasn't been there w/ Oilers.
https://twitter.com/dantencer/status/311553111347040256

I'm not sure there would be much interest around the league in an energy line grinder like Eager, especially with a year remaining on his deal at a $1.1 million AAV, but a team looking for some size and grit on its 4th line might be interested.

Also, I have to give a kudos to the guy on twitter who replied to this post with "So he's been less than Eager is what you're saying..."

03-12-2013, 03:23 PM
Analyzer
#WeAreBoston

If Eager isn't all that eager to continue to play the role that got him into the NHL then he's completely worthless.

Old
03-12-2013, 03:25 PM
Patty Roy

Yeah i don't think anyone would touch this guy.

Old
03-12-2013, 03:26 PM
LPH
[hello] :)

vCash: 50
ya... he's got little to no value

Old
03-12-2013, 03:26 PM
barrytrotzsneck
Retired Global Mod

*right click*
"Offer to all"
"Your trade offer generated no interest around the league."

/EHM

Old
03-13-2013, 12:27 PM
Habs 4 Life
No Excuses

vCash: 256
available for free!!!

On Waivers today

Old
03-13-2013, 12:31 PM
OilCanada92

He'll get picked up. Probably from a former team. If not, well you eff'd up benny boy.

Old
03-13-2013, 12:33 PM
HarrisonFord
Lost a bet

How in the hell did he get drafted in the 1st round?

Old
03-13-2013, 12:35 PM
stoff

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReimerForPM View Post
Very fast and a big body. Team probably hoping he turned into a power forward. Unfortunately has 0 hockey IQ.

Old
03-13-2013, 12:36 PM
LPH
[hello] :)

vCash: 50
probably scratched because he really isnt that good, and cant fight anymore.

Old
03-13-2013, 12:37 PM
Drydenwasthebest

Lol. I remember an earlier thread where Eager was "untouchable" without a vast "overpayment". Some Oiler fans said Eller would not land Eager!

It is a shame, though. Eager was a decent 4th liner when he was willing and able to drop the gloves. Now? I would NOT want the Habs to get him for free. Hopefully the Habs see him as "untouchable" as certain others around these parts...

In all seriousness, I hope he is able to go down and get his confidence back so that he can become useful again. Let him prove he can still fight in the minors, build his confidence, and he might well be worth persuing. If he goes back to being able and willing to fight, he could be a good pick-up...just not at this point in time.

Old
03-13-2013, 12:38 PM
Mr Tarkanian
Ali Bomaye!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drydenwasthebest View Post
Lol. I remember an earlier thread where Eager was "untouchable" without a vast "overpayment". Some Oiler fans said Eller would not land Eager!

It is a shame, though. Eager was a decent 4th liner when he was willing and able to drop the gloves. Now? I would NOT want the Habs to get him for free. Hopefully the Habs see him as "untouchable" as certain others around these parts...

In all seriousness, I hope he is able to go down and get his confidence back so that he can become useful again. Let him prove he can still fight in the minors, build his confidence, and he might well be worth persuing. If he goes back to being able and willing to fight, he could be a good pick-up...just not at this point in time.
Ok I call bull**** until you can show me a thread where any Oilers fans called Eager untouchable.

Old
03-13-2013, 12:38 PM
OilCanada92

Quote:

Some proof of this b.s. statement will be nice.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReimerForPM View Post
Drafted my PHX not PHI BLAH BLEH NONSENSE!

Last edited by OilCanada92: 03-13-2013 at 06:38 PM.
Old
03-13-2013, 12:39 PM
oXo Cube
Termite

Send a message via Skype™ to oXo Cube
Quote:

Don't suppose you will provide a link to the above nonsense as you were asked in the general waiver thread?

Eager will hit and he skates fast in a straight line, but hes otherwise useless. I would expect him to clear waivers.

Injuries have even left him unable to fight.

Old
03-13-2013, 12:41 PM
dem

He's not willing to embrace his role because his eggs got scrambled.

I can't blame him... but he'll be out of the league in a few years. I'd expect him to get another contract and collect cheques in the pressbox though.

Old
03-13-2013, 12:43 PM
Jaydepps

Send a message via AIM to Jaydepps
Quote:
Originally Posted by OilCanada92 View Post

Philly hoping to do another BSB run I believe.
Yep so we asked the Coyotes to draft him?

Old
03-13-2013, 12:44 PM
Coolburn

Send a message via AIM to Coolburn Send a message via MSN to Coolburn Send a message via Yahoo to Coolburn
FL lost Versteeg last night to what looked like a pretty bad leg injury (I am betting lost for the rest of the season). Didnt Eager play for Chicago when Tallon was GM there? Tallon should grab him even if just to fill that roster spot for this season.

Old
03-13-2013, 12:46 PM
Chacal667

Ill take him with the habs instead of amrstrong, bergevin already know him.

Old
03-13-2013, 12:49 PM
zeus3007*

Quote:

You should go read that thread again, nobody said Eller wouldn't get Eager. We picked up Mike Brown since then as well I believe. I for one, am quite surprised that he's on waivers, but Brown has made him very much expendable.

For the record, I think its at least partially because he can't fight anymore.

Old
03-13-2013, 12:53 PM
hototogisu
Global Moderator
Poked the bear!!!!!

Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Tarkanian View Post
Ok I call bull**** until you can show me a thread where any Oilers fans called Eager untouchable.
Quote:
Originally Posted by OilCanada92 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by oXo Cube View Post
Don't suppose you will provide a link to the above nonsense as you were asked in the general waiver thread?
http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/sh....php?t=1364261

Here you go:

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oiltankjob 4 93 64 View Post
Eager and ducks 2nd for Eller
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joey Moss View Post
Montreal wouldn't do this and Eller is too soft for my liking. We need to get grittier.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roof Daddy View Post
To MTL: Eager

To EDM: Thrower
Quote:
Originally Posted by WeridAl View Post
Right now Eager isn't going anywhere, unless a team wants to give the Oilers something they need. I cannot see anything the Hab's would be willing to trade the Oilers would want.

At the TDL I can see Eager being traded for around a 3rd, no less.
Quote:
Originally Posted by zeus3007 View Post
No, I don't think the Habs take it. But I think there are very few pieces that the Habs have that would interest the Oilers in a trade for Eager. Prust, sure. 1st round pick, sure. Untouchables, sure. Do the Habs bite on any of these? Nope. But the Oilers don't need more depth picks or junk prospects.
Quote:
Originally Posted by dnicks17 View Post
I don't care where or why Eager fits into the Habs line-up because it's not going to happen. He's a valuable piece on the Oilers that we sorely need. Far more valuable than the waiver fodder most are equalling him to.
Happy to help.

Old
03-13-2013, 12:55 PM
zeus3007*

Quote:
Originally Posted by hototogisu View Post
None of those show where we said Eager wouldn't get Eller. Nice try though. All it showed was that we weren't in the position to trade Eager for less gritty players. Then we got Mike Brown, who made Eager expendable.

Old
03-13-2013, 12:55 PM
oXo Cube
Termite

Send a message via Skype™ to oXo Cube
Nowhere in any of that do i read "Eager is untochable," or "Eager has more value than Eller."

Old
03-13-2013, 12:57 PM
hototogisu
Global Moderator
Poked the bear!!!!!

Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by zeus3007 View Post
None of those show where we said Eager wouldn't get Eller. Nice try though. All it showed was that we weren't in the position to trade Eager for less gritty players. Then we got Mike Brown, who made Eager expendable.
Quote:
Originally Posted by oXo Cube View Post
Nowhere in any of that do i read "Eager is untochable," or "Eager has more value than Eller."
You can read into it as literally as you like, I think the posts speak for themselves.

Old
bud12

^^
add to that the

Eager and Belenger for White + 1st

Old
OilCanada92

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaydepps View Post
Yep so we asked the Coyotes to draft him?
HOLY MOLY! You are correct. my bad.

Closed Thread