HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

2012-13 Waivers (S. Kostitsyn, Gerbe, Colaiacovo)

Old
03-13-2013, 12:26 PM
Drydenwasthebest

vCash: 500
Well, it just goes to show what Oiler fans on HFB know. Just last week I had a few telling me that Eager was "untouchable" unless we gave a severe "overpayment". Nice to see the "overpayment" could be getting him for free off waivers...

I still don't think the Habs should go for him, though, as he is not what we need.

I was hoping to get Matt Kassian on waivers, but he got traded away for a 6th! Can anyone tell me if there is a penalty to claiming a player off waivers that would make a team not take Kassian for free rather than give up a 6th for him?

Drydenwasthebest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-13-2013, 12:28 PM
s7ark
TheWorstEver

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drydenwasthebest View Post
Well, it just goes to show what Oiler fans on HFB know. Just last week I had a few telling me that Eager was "untouchable" unless we gave a severe "overpayment". Nice to see the "overpayment" could be getting him for free off waivers...

I still don't think the Habs should go for him, though, as he is not what we need.

I was hoping to get Matt Kassian on waivers, but he got traded away for a 6th! Can anyone tell me if there is a penalty to claiming a player off waivers that would make a team not take Kassian for free rather than give up a 6th for him?
Do you have a link to these people calling Eager untouchable, or are you just ragging on Oiler fans? I have never read anything suggesting that from an Oiler fan.

s7ark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-13-2013, 12:33 PM
barrytrotzsneck
Retired Global Mod

Gone is the joyful expression from Tambo's face in that episode of Oil Change where he got the call that Ben Eager was ready to agree to terms.

barrytrotzsneck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-13-2013, 12:35 PM
Blind Gardien
Global Moderator
nexus of the crisis

Quote:
I think it's just timing. After DD got rung against the Leafs, Murray felt the need for a new tough guy that he wasn't feeling back when Kassian was on waivers.

The only real penalty in general is taking up a contract against the 50, but you're doing that with a trade for a pick or waiver claim, either way.

Blind Gardien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-13-2013, 12:37 PM
Sony Eriksson*

Olesz is on IR so how can he be waived?

Sony Eriksson* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-13-2013, 12:41 PM
caley

Quote:
Originally Posted by s7ark View Post
Do you have a link to these people calling Eager untouchable, or are you just ragging on Oiler fans? I have never read anything suggesting that from an Oiler fan.
Yeah, I'd be interested in seeing that. I don't recall more than a game or two where Eager actually lived up to his contract. Maybe you got Eager confused with Eberle...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tattoo View Post
Olesz is on IR so how can he be waived?
My guess is he's healthy now and coming off the IR, so Chicago is waiving him to send him to the AHL.

03-13-2013, 12:42 PM
Mr Tarkanian
Ali Bomaye!

Quote:
Originally Posted by s7ark View Post
He's just posted the same thing in the Eager available thread. Eager has been done for awhile, with the addition of Brown the writing was on the wall.

Last edited by spiny norman: 03-13-2013 at 01:16 PM. Reason: not needed
Mr Tarkanian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-13-2013, 12:42 PM
Rob Nieds work ethic
Swarm it up Devils!

I thought Johnson had played well in his role with the Coyotes. Weird to see him on waivers.

Rob Nieds work ethic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-13-2013, 12:48 PM
dem

Man.. when I saw Rostislav Olesz in the world juniors... I was sure that kid was going to be a star.

dem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-13-2013, 12:49 PM
uncleben85
My face is my mask.

Quote:
Timing, as well as if he is claimed of waivers he HAS to stay with the big club or risk being on waivers again.
With the trade they can immediately assign him to the farm and call him up when they are ready (and then he would be subjected to waivers if he needs to go down again).

uncleben85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-13-2013, 12:50 PM
Mike Jones

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob Nieds work ethic View Post
I thought Johnson had played well in his role with the Coyotes. Weird to see him on waivers.
If the Flames were truly rebuilding they could use a guy like Johnson as a warm body for after the trade deadline.

I guess you'd call him Rosta Filla.

Mike Jones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-13-2013, 01:07 PM
Jimmi Jenkins
So Rainy

Delightful to see Eager on waivers, he's played like he deserves to be there. I hope someone claims him looking for "toughness that can play" lol

On Johnson is he a center and does he play with any amount of grit and toughness?

Jimmi Jenkins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-13-2013, 01:07 PM
SephF
Visually Better

Quote:
Link? I'd love to know who said that.

SephF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-13-2013, 01:10 PM
thadd
Oil4Life

Send a message via MSN to thadd
Wow.. Eager has been waived? Well, he's only got 1 year left and we've got too many wingers. Guess it made sense after Jones came back.

thadd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-13-2013, 01:11 PM
Puritania
Skooma Addict

vCash: 900
Quote:
Originally Posted by SephF View Post
Link? I'd love to know who said that.
No one did, the closest you'll get it a couple people saying they don't want to trade him for junk or in a trade making the team softer (this was before Brown made Eager expendable.) So yeah, I guess that means we all thought he was an untouchable hockey god.

Puritania is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-13-2013, 01:15 PM
SephF
Visually Better

Quote:
Originally Posted by Puritania View Post
No one did, the closest you'll get it a couple people saying they don't want to trade him for junk or in a trade making the team softer (this was before Brown made Eager expendable.) So yeah, I guess that means we all thought he was an untouchable hockey god.
Yup... I can just make up stuff too.

Honestly I'm kinda meh on this waive. I kind of wanted to see how Eager would play now that Brown is in the lineup and is willing to drop them instead of Eager having to be that guy. I'd rather play Eager over Petrell against certain teams but the Oilers had too many roster players. No biggie, he's only got this year left so I wouldn't be surprised if he's claimed.

Old
03-13-2013, 01:23 PM
DaveG
Mod Supervisor
How's the thesis?

vCash: 562
Too bad Olesz isn't an impending UFA. Not sure I'd want to take the chance he doesn't pan out if my team was going to spend towards the cap next season.

DaveG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-13-2013, 01:38 PM
AirheadPete
G-Dub

someone would be smart to claim eager

AirheadPete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-13-2013, 01:40 PM
Mike Jones

If Eager clears does he become a buyout candidate in the offseason?

Mike Jones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-13-2013, 01:42 PM
monkeywrench

vCash: 50
Quote:

I think you are stretching the thruth there. I can not see any Oilers fan that watched him play say he is untouchable. Sorry bud, but I do not believe you one bit.

As for Eager I wish he would play tougher would make him a lot more vaulable too a team. I hope he gets picked up.

monkeywrench is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-13-2013, 01:47 PM
SephF
Visually Better

Quote:
Quote:
Lol. I remember an earlier thread where Eager was "untouchable" without a vast "overpayment". Some Oiler fans said Eller would not land Eager!
Quote:
For those asking about that other thread, here it is:

http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/sh....php?t=1364261

Some of the pertinent points:

An Oiler fan asked for Eller for Eager and a 2nd. Another Oiler fan pointed out Montreal wouldn't do it and that Eller was too soft, anyway.

An Oiler fan asked about Thrower for Eager. He was rebuffed.

I just read that entire thread and you're totally full of it. Big time.

No where did anyone say Eller wouldn't get Eager. Some kid offered a 2nd and Eager for Eller. Thats an Oilers fan ASKING for Eller not saying he isnt enough.

You also have to keep in mind that thread was before the Oilers picked up Mike Brown, they need a guy like that in the lineup so they couldn't just get rid of that type of guy for nothing without replacing what he brings.

Quote:
Then Oiler fans started saying Eager would need an overpayment, was "untouchable" etc...
Where? I just read the entire thread. You're full of it.

Old
03-13-2013, 02:00 PM
Puritania
Skooma Addict

vCash: 900
Since no one actually said that, In the Eager trade thread he changed his tune to "no one said it, but that's totally what they meant."

Puritania is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-13-2013, 02:04 PM
rt
Usually Incorrect

As a Coyotes fan, I think it's pretty unfair that Johnson has lost his job to Klinkhammer so quickly. Johnson looked AMAZING in his first couple of games, too. It remains to be seen if Klinkhammer is any more or less consistent. If his game falls off a cliff once the adrenaline of being in the NHL wears off in a few games. Johnson stopped producing points but was still forechecking hard and creating chances, which is all you should expect from a 4th line RW, anyhow. I expect Klinkhammer will fall into the same habit, but is a LW which is considerably less valuable to Phoenix at the moment. All of Torres (LHS, LW), Chipchura (LHS, LW) and Bissonnette (LHS, LW) are playing well right now, and all are 4th line players. Same goes for Klinkhammer (LHS, LW). So why waive Johnson now? Me, I'd give Klinkhammer a few more games to see if he can keep it up. If not, he's the one who should be demoted, and not Johnson.

03-13-2013, 02:05 PM
SephF
Visually Better

Quote:
Originally Posted by rt View Post
As a Coyotes fan, I think it's pretty unfair that Johnson has lost his job to Klinkhammer so quickly. Johnson looked AMAZING in his first couple of games, too. It remains to be seen if Klinkhammer is any more or less consistent. If his game falls off a cliff once the adrenaline of being in the NHL wears off in a few games. Johnson stopped producing points but was still forechecking hard and creating chances, which is all you should expect from a 4th line RW, anyhow. I expect Klinkhammer will fall into the same habit, but is a LW which is considerably less valuable to Phoenix at the moment. All of Torres (LHS, LW), Chipchura (LHS, LW) and Bissonnette (LHS, LW) are playing well right now, and all are 4th line players. Same goes for Klinkhammer (LHS, LW). So why waive Johnson now? Me, I'd give Klinkhammer a few more games to see if he can keep it up. If not, he's the one who should be demoted, and not Johnson.
I gotta say I was pretty impressed with Johnson when the Oilers played the coyotes last. He was a beast on the forecheck.

Old
03-13-2013, 02:16 PM
Oscar Acosta
Bat Country

Quote:
Yeah, I don't think anyone ever said Ben freaking Eager was untouchable.

Oscar Acosta is offline   Reply With Quote