HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Ducks look to deal Vishnevski after award

Old
07-29-2006, 01:07 AM
Cyrrus147

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by doug mckenzie View Post
if you asked players in the nhl what defensmen they'd be most scared of getting hit by

Vishnevski
Boullion
Markov
Souray
Rivet
Dandy
Streit

id bet 9 out of 10 guys say Vishnevski
lol this is the NHL , not monday night RAW. A physical and scary defenseman is always great to have but it won't replace a good offensive Dman on your first 2 D line. You can have one of them in a duo but having two of them on a first/second line is to best thing to incapacitate your offense forwards.

Cyrrus147 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-29-2006, 01:09 AM
Cyrrus147

Quote:
Jan. 24, 2006 - 7:32 a.m. ET
Greg Campbell is still experiencing a headache.
Campbell, who was knocked out by the Mighty Ducks' Vitaly Vishnevski on Saturday said he didn't remember the check until he watched the replay. "Everything came back to me except the hit," he said. It's not known how long Campbell will be out. When the headaches stop, he'll ride a stationary bike before he skates.

The Ducks took Vishnevski fifth overall in the 1998 draft, then watched their new acquisition lead the Russians to the gold medal in the World Junior Championship in 1999. "Vish" was named the best defensman in the tournament. He played his first game in the NHL in the 1999-2000 season and quickly garnered a reputation for crushing body checks. "Forwards around the league know who Vish is and they keep their heads up when he's out there," said Henning. "Vish does a great job of stepping up in the neutral zone." Vishnevski is big (6-2, 205) and mean, but he's young and doesn't play that many minutes . But he adds a healthy dose of growl to a crew of D-men

as i said we dont have that type of weapon on our blueline . he is a guy who wants to take you head off but cleanly .
No one here is doubting of the talent of Vishnevski, this is just not the kind of Dman we need at the moment unless you trade a Dman like Komisarek.

Old
07-29-2006, 01:31 AM
Toro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyrrus147 View Post
No one here is doubting of the talent of Vishnevski, this is just not the kind of Dman we need at the moment unless you trade a Dman like Komisarek.
Never will gainey trade komisarek this year!!! we have 3 of our top 4 defeceman going to be UFA's at the end of the season!! Markov Rivet and Souray
so if Bob goes after Vishnevski, he will have to let go of rivet now. and maybe sign him in the offseason

But im not sold that Rivet is not as good as vishnevski. So i say bob let him go elsewhere

Toro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-29-2006, 01:32 AM
Artyukhin*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toro View Post
Never will gainey trade komisarek this year!!! we have 3 of our top 4 defeceman going to be UFA's at the end ofthe season!! Markov Rivet and Souray
so if Bob goes after Vishnevski, he will have to let go of rivet now. and maybe sign him in the offseason

rivet isnt going anywhere .he is goona retire a montreal canadien .him and saku both will play there entire careers in a habs jersey

Artyukhin* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-29-2006, 01:34 AM
Toro

Quote:
rivet isnt going anywhere .he is goona retire a montreal canadien .
I agree i said that earlier in this thread

Old
07-29-2006, 01:36 AM
Toro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toro View Post
I can't believe all the trade proposale including Souray.. Especially when we don't get an offensive Defenceman in return

Souray is our toughest player by far

He is also the only Defenceman we got that can score 15-20 goals

We have 2 offensive capable Defenceman Markov and Souray and a sub defenceman that has offensive capabilities.

Markov Komisarek
Souray Rivet
Bouillon Dandeneault

Striet, Cote

The best affordable thing we can do to our defence is trade dandeneault and Drop rivet to the 3rd pair and Get a new 2-way defensman for the 2nd pairing with wheels to help with sourays only real flaw(slow)but he is a big man with decent agility and one of the best point shots in the league.

Rivet should retire a hab he wears the CH with Honour same with Souray

Old
07-29-2006, 01:46 AM
Artyukhin*

Quote:
lol this is the NHL , not monday night RAW. A physical and scary defenseman is always great to have but it won't replace a good offensive Dman on your first 2 D line. You can have one of them in a duo but having two of them on a first/second line is to best thing to incapacitate your offense forwards.

who said anything about him playing on the top 4 this year?
3 rd paring would be fine

3rd line pairing /penealty kill

Last edited by Artyukhin*: 07-29-2006 at 01:58 AM.
Old
07-29-2006, 01:55 AM
Habsy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duster View Post
He would be an upgrade on Bouillon or Streit.
Matters not, Bouillon is here to stay. Time we all dealt with it.

Logic dictates that Vishnevski will not even get a look from Gainey.

Habsy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-29-2006, 02:10 AM
Habitants

im a little late, but as soon as i saw this article i though there could be a potential trade. to me i thought immediatly souray + pick for vish+prospect (preferably D)
but at the same time i did not understand why they would want to trade him for only a 400k raise?!
proposed trade would:
allow montreal to save some cash from souray, and avoid UFA issues, while souray gets to goto the west coast as many have mentioned he might like..
we would get a good physical Dman, but loose our canon shot, and some offense, someone would have to step up...
also markov would have a russian friend on D

it could be a decent move, and it would give anaheim a hell of a top 4 D
im not saying i want it to happen, or that it will happen, but just thinking about it.

either way i would be happy to have souray to start the season, but i would not be entirely surprised to see him go eventually.

Habitants is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-29-2006, 02:11 AM
Cyrrus147

Quote:
who said anything about him playing on the top 4 this year?
3 rd paring would be fine

3rd line pairing /penealty kill
I'm not sure that Bouillon/Dandenault are strong enough to play on the second defensive line and forget the idea of trading them , they both make more money than Vishnevski.

The duo Markov-Komisarek was very nice last year, I don t think it would be a good idea to split them.

Old
07-29-2006, 04:43 AM
Ducks_è_Halos

vCash: 499
Quote:
i wish i could find this video man i remember this hit it was down right crazy . campbell looked dead seriously

Jan. 24, 2006 - 7:32 a.m. ET

Greg Campbell is still experiencing a headache.
Campbell, who was knocked out by the Mighty Ducks' Vitaly Vishnevski on Saturday said he didn't remember the check until he watched the replay. "Everything came back to me except the hit," he said. It's not known how long Campbell will be out. When the headaches stop, he'll ride a stationary bike before he skates.
The hit's in this video at a little before the 4 minute mark (Perry had a pretty good hit right before this too): Link

Also, here's what Vish said in an interview after the game:

Severyn: How do you know when to throw a hit and when to back off?
Vish:I just try to hit the player.

Severyn: Who did you look up to as a young player -
Vish: You mean who is idol?
Severyn: Exactly.
Vish: I have no idol.

Last edited by Ducks_è_Halos: 07-29-2006 at 04:49 AM.
Ducks_è_Halos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-29-2006, 05:53 AM
VirginiaMtlExpat
Iggy button advocate

He strikes me as a similar player to Konstantinov in his heyday, although K was not as tall. If Vish has mobility like K, he is an intriguing player, even if he does not bring much else. What is expendable on the Habs that would intrigue the Ducks though?

Edit: I'm not implying anything about displacing Bouillon or Dandenault. Whether he plays over those two, or Streit, depends on how Streit progesses in the league, how the former two are playing, and on injuries, which are part of the game. Doesn't hurt to have one more NHL-level defenseman, especially an intimidating hitter.

VirginiaMtlExpat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-29-2006, 06:39 AM
Artyukhin*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ducks_è_Halos View Post
The hit's in this video at a little before the 4 minute mark (Perry had a pretty good hit right before this too): Link

Also, here's what Vish said in an interview after the game:

Severyn: How do you know when to throw a hit and when to back off?
Vish:I just try to hit the player.

Severyn: Who did you look up to as a young player -
Vish: You mean who is idol?
Severyn: Exactly.
Vish: I have no idol.

thank you very very much i really appreicate it .i get a head ache just watching it again . Vish is a beast

Old
07-29-2006, 06:52 AM
Marksman

Quote:
Originally Posted by bayrider View Post
Is Anaheim really looking to dump salary? If not, and I had a choice to let go of a D to get Vishnevsky, I would give them Bouillon, without a doubt.
Somehow I do not think is about salary room at all.

If they was, they should be dumping Sean O'Donnell for 7th rounder instead - he makes same amount, but Vishnevski is about 10 years younger, healthier, does not take too much unneccesary penalties.

If it were, you're missing something, Bouillon is actually MORE expensive Vishnevski would be.

Marksman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-29-2006, 07:13 AM
Marksman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pere Noel View Post
Look,

Bryan Burke is not stupid, if he walks away from this guy... is that he would be overpaid for his contribution. If he wants to trade him because of a 400K salary increase... that's because the guy is not worth it.

Again, Burke is not stupid, he clued in on Teemu Selanne, he got Pronger in house, managed to get Niedermayer, got rid of Fedorov and managed to get Beauchemin by the same token....

... I think the guy knows who to get rid of and for the right reasons.

Prior to Anaheim, he had done a great job at Vancouver as well.
Vishnevski for 1.55M is actually cheap in todays market for defencemen. I mean look what some comparable dmen (physical guys with little offence) make:

Jay McKee 4.0M
Willie Mitchell 3.5M
Brendan Witt 2.5M
Denis Gauthier 2.1M
Cory Sarich 1.9M

---

Personally I'm not sold on Burkes way of managing. He seems to have some sort of hatred towards eastern european talent and he goes bit far with his moves occasionally. And do you realize the Vancouver team he pretty much created didnt make playoffs last season?

Old
07-29-2006, 07:17 AM
Marksman

Quote:
Originally Posted by #ZAMBONI# View Post
Markov also will be a UFA next season
I know and this is exactly why I'd like to see Habs dealing one of the other UFA defencemen for RFA, so that they could concentrate getting our most important defender signed long term. Adding yet another russian speaker could also help in this.

Old
07-29-2006, 07:41 AM
VirginiaMtlExpat
Iggy button advocate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marksman View Post
I know and this is exactly why I'd like to see Habs dealing one of the other UFA defencemen for RFA, so that they could concentrate getting our most important defender signed long term. Adding yet another russian speaker could also help in this.
Good point. Having lived away from Montreal most of the last 6 years, every time I come back to town, I am struck by the difference in cultural make-up compared to when I was living there last, and subjectively there seems to be a vibrant Russian community that was not so noticeable a while back.

I think that Vish would like that, as well as as fit in with the Samsonovs, Kovalevs and Markovs, while providing incentive for the latter to sign an extension. If he has good mobility, and his fearsome reputation implies that he does, he would make an interesting pairing with Markov. Try to get Vish signed for 2-3 years, then work in Emelin to replace him eventually if he elects not to stay longer.

VirginiaMtlExpat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-29-2006, 08:14 AM
BJCOLLINS

Burke does have plenty of cap space ( http://hockeyanalysis.com/?page_id=353 ).

Bonk may be a fit for him. I think though Mr. Burke will try to replenish the teams future via pick's, the Pronger trade left him with very few options at the draft table.

BJCOLLINS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-29-2006, 08:37 AM
KaptainKourage*

Quote:
the type of game Vishnevski plays it would be great to have him on our blueline to possibily ignite Komoseriek's physcial play .

a bigtime hitter on the d corp like Vishnevski would be a good thing for Komoseriek a good buddy to hang out with and pick up some tips on hitting hopefully a little bit of Vishnevski's mean streak would rub off on Komoseriek

Vishnevski would be the Steve Begin on defense .he'd get everyone going with his bone crushing hits

sometimes it not about how many they score it about how many they prevent . would
Vishnevski only scoring 1 goal a year prevent less goals with his defensive play than say a guy on our current defensemen on our roster who only scored say 7 or 8 goals goals? thats the way id look at it ...

Vishnevski doesnt score many but he is sound defensivly and keeps alot of guys honest and thinking when he's on the ice . that alone is a weapoon we dont currently have and he still young yet just coming into his prime

dont get me wrong we have guys that can hit like frank the tank i seen him dish out some nice one's on alot of bigger guys but he isnt anywhere as feared as Vishnevski

Vishnevski has a reputation around the leauge of nailing people guys know who he is
and if there thinking about him while there on the ice that is always a advantage to your team

if you asked players in the nhl what defensmen they'd be most scared of getting hit by

Vishnevski
Boullion
Markov
Souray
Rivet
Dandy
Streit

id bet 9 out of 10 guys say Vishnevski
ovechkin would say markov.. seems in love with the guy

ps : i dont want to trade souray vs vishnevski, and anaheim dont want neither so

KaptainKourage* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-29-2006, 09:00 AM
Marksman

Quote:
Originally Posted by BJCOLLINS View Post
Burke does have plenty of cap space ( http://hockeyanalysis.com/?page_id=353 ).

Bonk may be a fit for him. I think though Mr. Burke will try to replenish the teams future via pick's, the Pronger trade left him with very few options at the draft table.
That chart is seriously out of date, with only 15 players on it ... and unless you havent noticed Burke seems to hate eastern europeans.

Old
07-29-2006, 09:07 AM
Athlétique_Canadien

We were rumoured to be after him at the last deadline.

Athlétique_Canadien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-29-2006, 10:39 AM
Schooner Guy

As much as I like Souray, I'd trade him in a heartbeat for Vishnevski as long as there isn't any attitude baggage with Vishnevski (Pierre Gauthier should know whether there is or isn't). Vishnevski can hit with the best of them. He's a very similar player to Jay McKee but for only a fraction of McKee's salary.

Here's a question. Would you trade the rights to Alexei Emelin for Vishnevski?? Who knows if or when Emelin will arrive?

Schooner Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-29-2006, 11:04 AM
David

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pere Noel View Post
Look,

Bryan Burke is not stupid, if he walks away from this guy... is that he would be overpaid for his contribution. If he wants to trade him because of a 400K salary increase... that's because the guy is not worth it.

Again, Burke is not stupid, he clued in on Teemu Selanne, he got Pronger in house, managed to get Niedermayer, got rid of Fedorov and managed to get Beauchemin by the same token....

... I think the guy knows who to get rid of and for the right reasons.

Prior to Anaheim, he had done a great job at Vancouver as well.
Because Burkie signed Pronger and also has Niedermayer, he needs to dump some salary at the defense position...and since Vishnevsky is a harder hitting version of Beauchemin although Vishnevsky is a little less versatile than Beauchemin but brings many of the same qualities, he can dump Vishnesky for the cheaper more complete Beauchemin.

It's very ironic and sad that CH is waiting for table scraps off of Anaheim's table due to Beauchemim because it didn't recognize what it had in Beauchemin when they had him.

Having said that, Vishnesky (or more correctly Beauchemin) is exactly the Aaron Miller, Robyn Reghier type of defenseman that Montreal needs...and since Vish is still so young and not fully developed as a defenseman, it would surely be a chance worth taking...and perhaps atone for the Beauchemin blunder...and especially when the speculation is that Burkie is only asking for a draft pick.

Last edited by David: 07-29-2006 at 11:16 AM.
David is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-29-2006, 01:01 PM
Habsy

Quote:
I'm not sure that Bouillon/Dandenault are strong enough to play on the second defensive line and forget the idea of trading them , they both make more money than Vishnevski.

The duo Markov-Komisarek was very nice last year, I don t think it would be a good idea to split them.
Did you not see Dandenault in the playoffs last year? He was our best defernseman on the ice. THe guy stepped it up and played an amazing series.

Dandenault is a steal at $1.78 mil.

Habsy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-29-2006, 01:50 PM
Artyukhin*

according to a mod over on the ducks board " Jerky Leclerc"

he says

"According to the OC Register, the Ducks only offered Vish 600k in arbitration."

------------------------

ill have a real hard time not beliving Pierre Gauthier isnt demanding bob pitch a offer for him