HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Nashville Predators
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Trade Thread

Old
03-12-2013, 10:11 AM
PredsV82
Puckaroni and cheese

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by token grinder View Post
I wonder what Sullivan from PHO and Kulemin from TOR price would be.

Sully I wouldn't think would cost more than a 3rd plus a B prspect and I have no clue on Kulemin. But I would like to think both would help in different ways here, short and long term.
I still think we have to decide if squeaking into the playoffs is worth losing a draft pick in what is apparently a monster draft year. The answer is probably yes but it still requires some thought since Sully obviously is no guarantee to be helpful beyond the current season

PredsV82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-12-2013, 10:20 AM
Byrddog

Quote:
Originally Posted by PredsV82 View Post
I still think we have to decide if squeaking into the playoffs is worth losing a draft pick in what is apparently a monster draft year. The answer is probably yes but it still requires some thought since Sully obviously is no guarantee to be helpful beyond the current season
I agree as much as I hate to. Sully is in his last couple years if he is available this summer I would like to see them bring him back into the fold to retire here. Yes im a bit of a homer here since hes been my favorite player.

Byrddog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-12-2013, 10:32 AM
Top 6 Spaling

Any player we get has to be part of the future here. Kulemin, sure. Sully, no.

Top 6 Spaling is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-12-2013, 11:02 AM
token grinder
formerly sirryan189

I bring up Sullivan as I don't think he is a terrible option in our top 6/9. In my head I see him as an upgrade over Kostitsyn. Kulemin was the longer term option. I am going by the thinking of "we aren't making a free agent splash until after NEXT year" when some of the older contracts are off the books and we know where we stand with Wilson and Smith.

Erat-Wilson-Hornquist
Smith-Legwand-Kulemin
Sullivan-Fisher-Free Agent with 20 goal potential
current Milwaukee kid-Gaustad-Bourque
spares-Spaling, Halischuck, Clune

not a sexy 12 forwards, but one with 9 guys capable of 40-50 points each

token grinder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-12-2013, 11:45 AM
Byrddog

You guys continue to place Smith in the top 6, the guy is on track for a 10 goal 20 point 82 game season. If he does not get started real soon he will have one more year to prove his worth before he is relgated to 4th line or gone all together. He has yet to show anything that supports consideration of a top 6 guy. They will give him a full year next year for sure but do not be suprised if he is 4th line . His minutes currently are at a career high. He has not shown to be effective two way guy, and we know how big that is in Trotz system.

Now there is going to be argument he has no linemates that help his game and there is truth in that. But to be that guy in the top 6 you MUST bury your chances and as of now he has not.

Old
03-12-2013, 11:58 AM
PFL615

Quote:
Originally Posted by Byrddog View Post
You guys continue to place Smith in the top 6, the guy is on track for a 10 goal 20 point 82 game season. If he does not get started real soon he will have one more year to prove his worth before he is relgated to 4th line or gone all together. He has yet to show anything that supports consideration of a top 6 guy. They will give him a full year next year for sure but do not be suprised if he is 4th line . His minutes currently are at a career high. He has not shown to be effective two way guy, and we know how big that is in Trotz system.

Now there is going to be argument he has no linemates that help his game and there is truth in that. But to be that guy in the top 6 you MUST bury your chances and as of now he has not.
Not sure anyone on the current roster can be labeled as someone who buries chances. Atleast the kid tries unlike a lot if them who look like they are out there to swing a stick and pass the puck off. I would rather him stay long term over several others

PFL615 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-12-2013, 03:13 PM
token grinder
formerly sirryan189

Quote:
Originally Posted by Byrddog View Post

I placed him simply on a line. Fact is, we roll 3 lines and hope one is hot a game. Next year I doubt will be any different, just depends on how much depth we have in our top 6/9 tweener group which smith is a part of right now

Old
03-12-2013, 03:15 PM
Preds33

Quote:
Originally Posted by token grinder View Post
I placed him simply on a line. Fact is, we roll 3 lines and hope one is hot a game. Next year I doubt will be any different, just depends on how much depth we have in our top 6/9 tweener group which smith is a part of right now
Agree. We really don't have a 1st line, 2nd line etc. We have 3 ok lines with a 4th line mixed with players who Trotz has a grudge against and sits every few games.

Preds33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-12-2013, 03:38 PM
Byrddog

I agree also that there is no real 1st line and therein is a big issue. One could argue if there are 3 ok lines. That makes coaching against us pretty easy.

Old
03-12-2013, 07:11 PM
thecloser

Hannan is a -8. Gross.

thecloser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-12-2013, 07:13 PM
barrytrotzsneck
Retired Global Mod

So, the goal is to go into next season with a relatively intact team, minus Kostitsyn, plus Sullivan\Kulemin?

Look out, NHL!!!

barrytrotzsneck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-12-2013, 08:25 PM
darth5
Rowsdower!

Quote:
Originally Posted by OurGocIsAnAwesomeGoc View Post
So, the goal is to go into next season with a relatively intact team, minus Kostitsyn, plus Sullivan\Kulemin?

Look out, NHL!!!
If that is what DP has planned, I am going to make Nashville my 2nd team and another team my 1st team. Waiting on that black box labeled 'a miracle occurs' to crank up and elevate this franchise is going to lead to repeated disappointments. Mind you, I am not giving up on them or quitting, but by the same token I follow this sport for entertainment. I am not going to be emotionally all-in if this is their idea of going 'all-in' for a cup.

One half-@$$ed commitment deserves another...

darth5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-12-2013, 10:31 PM
Grant
LL Genius

vCash: 1348
Klein would be someone I think that Toronto could really use on their back end, but wasn't sure how integral to your team he is. What would it take? I would prefer if a left shooting defenseman would go back in the trade (Gunnar or Liles) but really I don't know what you would want, if Klein is even available (I see that he signed a contract pretty recently). Thanks

Grant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-12-2013, 10:38 PM
Paranoid Android
ERMAHGERD

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grant View Post
Klein would be someone I think that Toronto could really use on their back end, but wasn't sure how integral to your team he is. What would it take? I would prefer if a left shooting defenseman would go back in the trade (Gunnar or Liles) but really I don't know what you would want, if Klein is even available (I see that he signed a contract pretty recently). Thanks
Not available. Worth more to us than we'd get in a trade. Don't bother.

Paranoid Android is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-12-2013, 10:40 PM
Grant
LL Genius

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paranoid Android View Post
Not available. Worth more to us than we'd get in a trade. Don't bother.
That's what I was afraid of Guess we are stuck with a couple AHLers in the line up Thanks for the help

Old
03-12-2013, 10:56 PM
Paranoid Android
ERMAHGERD

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grant View Post
That's what I was afraid of Guess we are stuck with a couple AHLers in the line up Thanks for the help
Hal Gill is available

Paranoid Android is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-12-2013, 10:59 PM
Grant
LL Genius

Quote:
Hal Gill is available
We have tried that experiment already.... But nonetheless, if it means Holzer/Kostka is out of the lineup....DON'T TEMPT ME!!

Old
03-13-2013, 07:55 AM
PredsV82
Puckaroni and cheese

Quote:

Look out, NHL!!!
the problem in deciding what to do with this team is evidenced by the last 3 games vs the three preceeding them... are we the gawdawful team that was swept on the west coast and got outscored 12-3 or are we the team that outscored the opposition 10-1 in the last three??

the core of this team was top 4 in the conference last year, even without Raduturd and AK.... no reason to think they cant be the same over the course of a full season if the veterans are only in a slump due to the weird nature of this half season

the problem in deciding whether to dump players and do a mini-rebuild or not is that after only 48 games we probably wont have sucked bad enough to know we have to blow it up nor will we have been good enough to feel secure in going forward with the core intact....

Old
03-13-2013, 07:56 AM
PredsV82
Puckaroni and cheese

Quote:
Hal Gill is available
actually he's not... you cant trade a player on IR (at least I dont think you can)

Old
03-13-2013, 10:58 AM
triggrman
HFBoards Sponsor

You guys think Poile would like to have that Franson trade back now? Maybe throw Blum in instead of Cody?

triggrman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-13-2013, 11:04 AM
Cashville
RIP Lindback

I still love this team as-is. I have a friend from Edmonton and every time we watch an Oilers game together, I thank everything holy that I'm not an EDM fan. Yeah it would be awesome to have a line-up like the Bruins or the Hawks with star forwards all over the place, but man things could be so much worse.

We're not going to be big sellers (moving a player like Gill/Hannan wouldn't make us big sellers) at the deadline nor big buyers; I think that makes sense. I don't see any huge trades coming. I think the best opportunity for anything material to change on the roster is in free agency. I don't think Perry is on his way to Nashville, but I'm down to overpay for some other UFA options. If absolutely nothing happens and our roster stayed the exact same next year, I'd be disappointed, but I wouldn't lose it either.

Cashville is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-13-2013, 11:29 AM
barrytrotzsneck
Retired Global Mod

Quote:
Originally Posted by PredsV82 View Post
the problem in deciding what to do with this team is evidenced by the last 3 games vs the three preceeding them... are we the gawdawful team that was swept on the west coast and got outscored 12-3 or are we the team that outscored the opposition 10-1 in the last three??

the core of this team was top 4 in the conference last year, even without Raduturd and AK.... no reason to think they cant be the same over the course of a full season if the veterans are only in a slump due to the weird nature of this half season

the problem in deciding whether to dump players and do a mini-rebuild or not is that after only 48 games we probably wont have sucked bad enough to know we have to blow it up nor will we have been good enough to feel secure in going forward with the core intact....
That same team...with Suter\AK\Radulov...got their lunch handed to them by a pretty inferior-on-paper Coyotes team. Like, it wasn't really even a close series.

Is this team underperforming offensively, or was last season an overperformance? I tend to think the latter. You can't really count on Matt Halischuk to score 15 goals every year.

Before I pound my chest over the last three games, consider one was Edmonton. The Wild game was reasonably evenly matched, although we struggled to get scoring chances. The Dallas game featured Lehtonen letting in 3 pretty soft goals and Rinne making some unbelievable saves.

I'd stop short of saying that we're seeing the team's potential. It's still been mediocre for almost the entire season. I don't think we're a Sullivan\Kulemin level tweak away from getting back to true contention.

barrytrotzsneck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-13-2013, 11:44 AM
PFL615

Quote:
That same team...with Suter\AK\Radulov...got their lunch handed to them by a pretty inferior-on-paper Coyotes team. Like, it wasn't really even a close series.

Is this team underperforming offensively, or was last season an overperformance? I tend to think the latter. You can't really count on Matt Halischuk to score 15 goals every year.

Before I pound my chest over the last three games, consider one was Edmonton. The Wild game was reasonably evenly matched, although we struggled to get scoring chances. The Dallas game featured Lehtonen letting in 3 pretty soft goals and Rinne making some unbelievable saves.

I'd stop short of saying that we're seeing the team's potential. It's still been mediocre for almost the entire season. I don't think we're a Sullivan\Kulemin level tweak away from getting back to true contention.
We have not had horny since half of oilers game and Wilson was out last night. Peks was on his game last night for sure and saved some bacon but no need to downplay the Preds win over the Stars. The Preds simply beat them and did it with two of their best players out. Hopefully a turnaround game for the rest of the season.

PFL615 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-13-2013, 12:42 PM
token grinder
formerly sirryan189

Quote:

Look out, NHL!!!
looks to me like I am adding 40 goals and taking away around 20, so yes, it is a start. It is a better way to go than run with the trade everyone who struggles for a span.

Old
03-13-2013, 12:44 PM
CantbeatzPekka
Weber/Jones/Josi

Quote:
Originally Posted by triggrman View Post
You guys think Poile would like to have that Franson trade back now? Maybe throw Blum in instead of Cody?
IDK I liked Franson a lot when he was on the Preds, regardless of what most on here thought about him and his unwillingness to use his body. He is a great offensive dman with good positioning whose shot was second to Webers on our team. Not so much in speed, but in accuracy. But I think Blum has the higher upside with him, possibly, becoming a better two way defenseman.

CantbeatzPekka is online now   Reply With Quote