HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > Other Leagues > Canadian Junior Hockey > OHL
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2

*OFFICIAL* Oshawa Generals 2012-13 Season Thread

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
02-04-2013, 08:43 AM
  #176
Sterling31
YNWA
 
Sterling31's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Oshawa, Ontario
Country: Canada
Posts: 5,592
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nerf27 View Post
Oh I get it. Answer is there were roughly 5200 people from Oshawa in the rink Sunday afternoon who live in Oshawa watching the Generals kick Bellevilles but out the door. Hope that answers your question.

Sterling31 is offline  
Old
02-05-2013, 10:18 AM
  #177
seen em all
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Posts: 232
vCash: 500
Back to Hockey

Let`s try to get back to the Gennies and hockey, Sunday vs. Belleville was total dominance from the Gennnies everyone has been waiting for that team with a full roster. I believe that the Gens will win all 3 games this weekend, Erie on Friday, with Labardo and Mc David, Saturday in St. Catherines, and wrap it up on Sunday night vs. the Soo.Lessio, Laughton and Sabourin have been fantastic lately,easing some pressure on Boone Jenner.

seen em all is offline  
Old
03-04-2013, 12:00 PM
  #178
seen em all
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Posts: 232
vCash: 500
5 and Oh! Smokes let`s go

Can`t wait for the playoffs Bring on Niagara retrabution for them knocking out the Gens the last 2 years. Different story this time round.I say Gens in 5.Three top lines 4 solid D, we should be (Good to Go)
Smokes let`s go

seen em all is offline  
Old
03-11-2013, 06:19 AM
  #179
Pilky01
@JamesD_TO
 
Pilky01's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: London
Country: Canada
Posts: 4,176
vCash: 500
Was in Brampton to watch the Gens yesterday. Oshawa dominated and really the final score s flattering to the Batalion. Their lone goal came after three straight penalties to Oshawa inside of two minutes.

Crummy arena too. Easy to see why they're moving. No video board, anywhere. And the PA announcer is impossible to understand with the crummy sound system. Also, basic things, like why don't the Batallion shoot at the side of the ice with actual fans? Instead, for 2/3 periods the home team is shooting at the side with a few empty bleachers and the Zambezi entrance.

OHL in Brampton was always going to be a touch sell, but they sure as hell didn't do themselves any favours with the in-arena experience.

Also, the mascot is disturbing as all hell. It's just a guy in army fatigues with a creepy deformed head.

Pilky01 is offline  
Old
03-13-2013, 12:27 PM
  #180
seen em all
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Posts: 232
vCash: 500
Gens vs. Bulls

I can see a tight game vs. Da Bulls, even though the Gens crushed Da Bulls their last meeting ( 8 - 2 ) if Oshawa get`s up by a few goals it might be a blowout, then again, it might be an Eastern Conference Final match up, either way it should be a very exciting game.Oshawa`s top 2 lines out play the Bulls easily, and Oshawa D is a lot stronger, slight edge to Belleville in goal. Go Gens Go

seen em all is offline  
Old
03-13-2013, 12:43 PM
  #181
ImaBullsfan
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Posts: 1,065
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by seen em all View Post
I can see a tight game vs. Da Bulls, even though the Gens crushed Da Bulls their last meeting ( 8 - 2 ) if Oshawa get`s up by a few goals it might be a blowout, then again, it might be an Eastern Conference Final match up, either way it should be a very exciting game.Oshawa`s top 2 lines out play the Bulls easily, and Oshawa D is a lot stronger, slight edge to Belleville in goal. Go Gens Go
Another Homer

ImaBullsfan is offline  
Old
03-13-2013, 02:20 PM
  #182
ImaBullsfan
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Posts: 1,065
vCash: 500
We'll see, when the tight games start, Altshuller will not be THE goalie to take you to the next level! IMO he's a OK goalie but not the real deal. The style of Dundas and McGuire will not help your team in the playoffs, basically it'll be a 3 line style. To say that the generals top two lines are better than the bulls first two lines would be a HOMER statement!

ImaBullsfan is offline  
Old
03-13-2013, 03:34 PM
  #183
Nerf27
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Posts: 49
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by ImaBullsfan View Post
We'll see, when the tight games start, Altshuller will not be THE goalie to take you to the next level! IMO he's a OK goalie but not the real deal. The style of Dundas and McGuire will not help your team in the playoffs, basically it'll be a 3 line style. To say that the generals top two lines are better than the bulls first two lines would be a HOMER statement!
That's right buddy a homer comment on his homer board. Quit trolling and go back to your farm in Belleville on your board.

Nerf27 is offline  
Old
03-13-2013, 03:44 PM
  #184
ImaBullsfan
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Posts: 1,065
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nerf27 View Post
That's right buddy a homer comment on his homer board. Quit trolling and go back to your farm in Belleville on your board.
Get-e-up boys

ImaBullsfan is offline  
Old
03-19-2013, 12:14 PM
  #185
seen em all
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Posts: 232
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by ImaBullsfan View Post
Get-e-up boys
Gens in 4

seen em all is offline  
Old
03-22-2013, 01:09 PM
  #186
seen em all
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Posts: 232
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by seen em all View Post
Gens in 4
Gens 5 Doggers 2 Tonight`s prediction

seen em all is offline  
Old
03-22-2013, 07:20 PM
  #187
trellaine201
Registered User
 
trellaine201's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Left coast
Posts: 6,773
vCash: 500
Having grown up and following the Gens. There defence doesnt look too good or in their own end the team doenst look good.

Go gens!

trellaine201 is offline  
Old
03-23-2013, 02:08 AM
  #188
MP92
Registered User
 
MP92's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Country: United States
Posts: 4,834
vCash: 500
2 goals, 1 assist for Laughton

MP92 is offline  
Old
03-23-2013, 10:37 AM
  #189
jwalk
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: AJAX
Posts: 882
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by ImaBullsfan View Post
We'll see, when the tight games start, Altshuller will not be THE goalie to take you to the next level! IMO he's a OK goalie but not the real deal. The style of Dundas and McGuire will not help your team in the playoffs, basically it'll be a 3 line style. To say that the generals top two lines are better than the bulls first two lines would be a HOMER statement!
He's got a 2.6 GAA this year with a .910 save percentage and he's played 60 games. You'll go nowhere with goaltending like that . He played another solid game last night. Laughton also had a great game.

jwalk is offline  
Old
03-26-2013, 08:19 AM
  #190
seen em all
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Posts: 232
vCash: 500
Should be a rough game tonight, the annimosity between these 2 teams is reving up.I think Graham should keep his head up, Biggs didn`t like the spear from him late in the game.Oshawa should keep the pedal to the metal.Go Gens Go.

seen em all is offline  
Old
03-26-2013, 09:38 PM
  #191
mesh
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Posts: 71
vCash: 500
is boone jenner hurt

mesh is offline  
Old
03-27-2013, 10:25 AM
  #192
maldo
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 42
vCash: 500
lessio should take anger management therapy in off season

maldo is offline  
Old
03-27-2013, 12:47 PM
  #193
Nerf27
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Posts: 49
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by maldo View Post
lessio should take anger management therapy in off season
The coach needs to rain his emotions in a bit...In his defence though he got screwed out of scoring a good goal and screwed getting called for goalie interference when he was clearly pushed into him and on top of that he has idiot Niagara fans chirping a kid. Wow get over it. It is not like he his the first player to say he is going NCAA then change his mind. Happens to every team except London and when Windsor used to be able to buy them. Still this is on the coach and captain to tell him to just play hockey and beat them on the scoreboard.

Nerf27 is offline  
Old
03-27-2013, 03:06 PM
  #194
seen em all
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Posts: 232
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by maldo View Post
lessio should take anger management therapy in off season
So Lessio snaps late in the game, he has 2 reasons why, 1st period goal is a good goal, he get`s shafted on that one. no worries move on Lucas. Third period Lessio drives hard to the net, Shipley on Defence goes diving at the puck but misses it and hits Lessio on the leg and Lessio goes down and slides into the goalie, this should have been a tripping call 100% , but instead the ref calls it goalie interference (bad call) shut your trap and go to the sin bin. if that happens Oshawa has a very good chance to get back in the game.But no Lessio shows his immaturaty and loses it going balistic on the ref.The Niagara fans love it, they got to him again, just as they did last year in the playoffs, which in turn gets Lessio suspended for 4 games at the beggining of this season for giving the IceDog fans the 1 finger salute with both hands, once again showing how immature he is. Grow up, don`t let the fans get inti your head. Be the bigger man and use their BOOING as motivation, not the opposite.

Good luck with those issues Lucas, Phoenix is watching.

seen em all is offline  
Old
03-27-2013, 04:19 PM
  #195
Nerf27
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Posts: 49
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by seen em all View Post
So Lessio snaps late in the game, he has 2 reasons why, 1st period goal is a good goal, he get`s shafted on that one. no worries move on Lucas. Third period Lessio drives hard to the net, Shipley on Defence goes diving at the puck but misses it and hits Lessio on the leg and Lessio goes down and slides into the goalie, this should have been a tripping call 100% , but instead the ref calls it goalie interference (bad call) shut your trap and go to the sin bin. if that happens Oshawa has a very good chance to get back in the game.But no Lessio shows his immaturaty and loses it going balistic on the ref.The Niagara fans love it, they got to him again, just as they did last year in the playoffs, which in turn gets Lessio suspended for 4 games at the beggining of this season for giving the IceDog fans the 1 finger salute with both hands, once again showing how immature he is. Grow up, don`t let the fans get inti your head. Be the bigger man and use their BOOING as motivation, not the opposite.

Good luck with those issues Lucas, Phoenix is watching.
If you really know the Generals you will know that it was two years ago not last year that Lessio did the finger salute. He is a kid plays with emotion and has overcome Tourette's to play at this level. Give the kid a break will you? Fans in St. Catherine's are what they are. They should be proud of chirping teenagers.

Nerf27 is offline  
Old
03-28-2013, 02:46 AM
  #196
SignThornton
BEAST MODE
 
SignThornton's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: St. Catharines, Ont.
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,911
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to SignThornton Send a message via MSN to SignThornton Send a message via Yahoo to SignThornton
Niagara fan in peace here.

Not all us fans in Niagara are rude and harp on the opposition but in all seriousness Lessio should learn to play smart if he wants to help his team win. He gives in every time so why do you think we rag on him? To get on his game. It happens in the NHL as well so you might as well get used to it, it's part of the game. Players have to rise above that.

Peace Out.

SignThornton is offline  
Old
03-29-2013, 10:38 AM
  #197
Nerf27
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Posts: 49
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by SignThornton View Post
Niagara fan in peace here.

Not all us fans in Niagara are rude and harp on the opposition but in all seriousness Lessio should learn to play smart if he wants to help his team win. He gives in every time so why do you think we rag on him? To get on his game. It happens in the NHL as well so you might as well get used to it, it's part of the game. Players have to rise above that.

Peace Out.
They all rose above it thanks. Gens up 3 to 1. Cue the goodbye song

Nerf27 is offline  
Old
04-02-2013, 12:32 PM
  #198
seen em all
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Posts: 232
vCash: 500
Gennies in Six

Gens will win in 6 games, Barrie is not physical enough, they will get worn down in a long series, defence is better in the Shwa, goaltending is even, and forwards, Oshawa is a mean and nasty team with a lot of scoring, and a great shutdown line of Laughton ,Sabourin and Latour, who shut down the Icedogs top line of Strome, Shipley and Ritchie.

seen em all is offline  
Old
04-04-2013, 09:19 AM
  #199
CanuckistanFlyerfan
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2005
Posts: 1,401
vCash: 500
The Generals deserved better last night. They outplayed my Colts for probably 45 minutes of the game. Out hit, out hustled, out checked, out skated, everything. But they let down their guard late in the game and Barrie scored 3 times in a matter of minutes.

Camara is back for the next game which should bring the physicality of the series up a notch. I thought Jenner was above diving, no? I expect it from Scheifele (who was invisible) but was kind of embarrassed for him when Jenner not only dove but faked injury. As a Flyer fan I love Laughtons game. This series should only get better.

May the best team win. Cheers.

CanuckistanFlyerfan is offline  
Old
04-04-2013, 12:53 PM
  #200
Nerf27
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Posts: 49
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by CanuckistanFlyerfan View Post
The Generals deserved better last night. They outplayed my Colts for probably 45 minutes of the game. Out hit, out hustled, out checked, out skated, everything. But they let down their guard late in the game and Barrie scored 3 times in a matter of minutes.

Camara is back for the next game which should bring the physicality of the series up a notch. I thought Jenner was above diving, no? I expect it from Scheifele (who was invisible) but was kind of embarrassed for him when Jenner not only dove but faked injury. As a Flyer fan I love Laughtons game. This series should only get better.

May the best team win. Cheers.
Boone Jenner got twisted around and is probably hurting. He does not dive he got a slew foot from Scheifele that he wasn't expecting watch the replay. And the hit on Dotchin was not a spear or head shot or elbow. Sabourin wasn't even looking at him until last minute and they colided think he got hit in the shoulder. Don't get me wrong Sabourin is good at cheap shots but I can't give him credit for this one after watching the replay. Should be a good series looking forward to coming to the Molson centre for the first time.

Nerf27 is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:39 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.