HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Toronto Maple Leafs
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Kerry Fraser says Wheeler's goal should've been disallowed

Old
03-13-2013, 01:45 PM
MapleLeafs9
"There will be pain"

vCash: 100
Kerry Fraser says Wheeler's goal should've been disallowed

I'm on my phone so I can't link it, but on today's edition of C'mon ref with Fraser, he says that the reason the Jets net was knocked off because of defenceman Derek Meech, thus play should have been stopped and a faceoff should've been in the Jets zone, preventing Blake Wheeler's goal seconds later.

Just garbage, amateur refs this year I swear. Would have still been 1-1 and a different game.

MapleLeafs9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-13-2013, 01:51 PM
bobbyflex

vCash: 500
can't always blame the refs for the leafs s****y play. they had a 5-3 PP and completely blew it

bobbyflex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-13-2013, 01:53 PM
Deebo
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobbyflex View Post
can't always blame the refs for the leafs s****y play. they had a 5-3 PP and completely blew it
Who is blaming the ref for the Leafs poor play?

The ref was being criticized for making a wrong decision that led to goal against the leafs.

Deebo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-13-2013, 01:57 PM
leeaf83
HFBoards Sponsor

Send a message via ICQ to leeaf83 Send a message via Yahoo to leeaf83
i definitely think the jets were the better team and would have won even if that goal went the other way.

That being said I gotta respect Fraser. And I am one of the few leaf fans who eventually forgave him for 93 after reading his book. When I first saw him on TSN I thought it would be interesting hearing from a refs perspective but in the back of my mind my first instinct would be "I hope he's not just going to sit back and defend his former colleagues for every call" Glad to see he's not afraid to point out calls he disagrees with.

leeaf83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-13-2013, 02:01 PM
Superstar

Quote:
Originally Posted by leeaf83 View Post
i definitely think the jets were the better team and would have won even if that goal went the other way.

That being said I gotta respect Fraser. And I am one of the few leaf fans who eventually forgave him for 93 after reading his book. When I first saw him on TSN I thought it would be interesting hearing from a refs perspective but in the back of my mind my first instinct would be "I hope he's not just going to sit back and defend his former colleagues for every call" Glad to see he's not afraid to point out calls he disagrees with.
Pavelec was the better goalie tonight to put it simply, that's why the Jets won.

Plus, I don't get why Reimer just waves slowly at the puck with his glove when obviousy the shooters are going high glove side -- what happened to those quick reflex glove saves a la Grant Fuhr or Martin Brodeur?

Superstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-13-2013, 02:02 PM
Budsfan

http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=418081

Quote:
Fifty seconds into the second period of last night's Leafs/Jets game, Nikolai Kulemin was shoved into the Winnipeg Jets net by Derek Meech, causing the net to become dislodged and simultaneously, the Jets recover the puck and maintaining possession the entire time proceed to score a goal on the Leafs. Looking at the rule book the only thing I found that would support play continuing is under Rule 63.2 "When the net is accidentally displaced by an attacking player, and the defending side is in possession of the puck and moving out of their zone, play shall be permitted to continue until such time as the non-offending team loses possession of the puck."

Budsfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-13-2013, 02:03 PM
blue82
BELEAF (win or lose)

lol **** you Kerry - yeah i said it

blue82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-13-2013, 02:14 PM
stakesishigh
how swede it is

vCash: 1857
Yeah, this is something we already knew.

The play shouldn't have continued with our player being pushed to dislodge the net. It completely puts him out of the play.

That was one of many ways the refs took control of yesterdays game.

stakesishigh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-13-2013, 02:20 PM
Aplayaz2000

yeah what is this

SOCCER

Aplayaz2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-13-2013, 02:26 PM
daveleaf

I thought it was a missed call. I think many people underestimate momentum and even though we lost it on the 5-3 we were carrying the play. Kadri was also hooked while going to the net on the left side and went down and that was a missed call as well.

Jets won fair and square regardless of some missed calls.

daveleaf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-13-2013, 02:32 PM
NaiveLeafsFan

The reason we lost was because we didn't capitalize on the 1:50 of a 5 on 3. You can't let a team carry the play after missing that opportunity.

NaiveLeafsFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-13-2013, 02:48 PM
BonMorrison
Always on fleek.

Let's not play the blame game. A good team can recover from that.

BonMorrison is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-13-2013, 03:04 PM
number72

Leafs should have lost 4-2. Not sure if I feel much better

number72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-13-2013, 03:42 PM
Rude Dog

The game was tied 1 -1 at the time. The Leafs just scored and the momentum def'ly swung back to the Jets after scoring so soon afterwards. To be honest, I was mad before the Jets even scored, as i saw Kulemin get pushed into the net.

Side note..it was the 5 - 3 that killed them. Why doesn't Carlisle try replacing Bozak with Kadri on a 5 - 3. Get your skilled play-makers on the ice...just makes sense.

Rude Dog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-13-2013, 03:48 PM
yideboit

that article really pissed me off on many levels

firstly how fraser has a job with tsn judging other refs when he was terrible himself

pretty scabby thing to do in my eyes!

second how he is still so blindly biased / stupid that he makes comments like saying it didnt effect the outcome cuz the leafs lost by more than that anyways

has he not heard of / witnessed momentum?

third the comments really "grind my gears"

some comments seemed to think the leafs were favoured by the refs... how this is even remotely possible to justify saying is mind boggling

this was easily one of the worst officiated games i've seen this year based on:

1) the 2 scrums where they took 1 player each team (kessel and kadri) were the leafs they took were BOTH instigated by unnecessary and needless antics by winnipeg ... great strategy to get the 2 stars off and foolish by them to retaliate... but still stupid to give 2 and 2 like that in a unnecessary blatantly instigated scrum like that

2) there was AT LEAST 3 occasions where the leafs dumped the puck and tried to zip past the dman only to be interfered with and while i despise that penalty ... fact is that it IS a penalty

3) the goal that shouldnt have been

4) the dirty hit that was judged to be a minor ... i'd bet money that if the leafs werent up a man right there that would 100% be a major ... and still should have been!

--

this may just come across as whining and while a good team should be able to overcome some adversity ... the leafs arent a great team and cant overcome getting ***** by the refs like this ...

this isnt the first time i've seen the refs missing blatant **** one way or the other this year and i think its long overdue to figure out a way to keep the integrity of this game in tact and start reprimanding refs for doing blatantly bad jobs like this

yideboit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-13-2013, 03:56 PM
daner

TSN needs to come up with some material on their own. "C'mon ref" is a clearly stealing the "C'mon Man" from monday night football. They also have "the quiz" during 1st intermissions which is very similar to "Around the Horn" with Tony Reali.

Even Sportsnet copied the "c'mon man" with the ever so popular "Are you kidding me?".

It basically comes down to Canadians having know idea about tv programming/ideas.

Last edited by daner: 03-13-2013 at 04:02 PM.
daner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-13-2013, 03:58 PM
Felstead
Boss Status

So should Gretzky's

Felstead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-13-2013, 04:03 PM
yideboit

Quote:
Originally Posted by daner View Post
TSN needs to come up with some material on their own. "C'mon ref" is a clearly stealing the "C'mon Man" from monday night football. They also have "the quiz" during 1st intermissions which is very similar to "Around the Horn" with Tony Reali.

Even Sportsnet copied the "c'mon man" with the ever so popular "Are you kidding me?".

It basically comes down to Canadians having know idea about tv programming/ideas.
and this shows whoever you are has NO idea about grammar

yideboit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-13-2013, 04:56 PM
daner

Quote:
Originally Posted by yideboit View Post
and this shows whoever you are has NO idea about grammar
Whatever, simple typo.

So do you work for TSN or Sportsnet? Let your boss no what I think please. haha

Last edited by daner: 03-13-2013 at 05:04 PM.
daner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-13-2013, 05:02 PM
pooleboy
#chychrun2016

leafs played like ****.

pooleboy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-13-2013, 07:14 PM
Grumpz

Let's go Blue Jays, clap clap - clap clap clap.

Loved participating in that chant!

Grumpz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-13-2013, 07:17 PM
Diamond Joe Quimby
A$AP Joffrey

$%&# Kerry Fraser.

Diamond Joe Quimby is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-14-2013, 06:05 AM
RealisticLeaf55
Hurt a Smurf

Hope we rough them up harder next game. We need to intimidate them. Crash the goalie, pester Evander and someone knock that fat oaf Byuff on his *** please!

RealisticLeaf55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-14-2013, 09:15 AM
Budz

Quote:
Originally Posted by daner View Post

Yes Americans are always so original...The Office, American Idol and Shark Tank come to mind immediately.

Budz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-14-2013, 09:17 AM
Penalty Kill Icing*
Fire Carlyle

We lost. In all departments. I don't think it'd have changed the outcome.

Besides, we all know that Fraser is a Leafs fan trying to protect Leafs from criticism.

Penalty Kill Icing* is offline   Reply With Quote