HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

How many years does Stepan get this summer?

Closed Thread

Old
03-13-2013, 01:32 PM
Stepanformayor*

vCash: 500
I do understand that Gags. My point is there will be a offer sheet on him if the money from the start is not right IMO. If ROR got a offer sheet for 10 million there is no way Step does not get one. I am not saying Step is worth 10 million either. I do believe there are a lot of teams that would pay him 3 to 3.5 million a year for all the things he does for a hockey team. This is where i believe a player should hold out. You can not offer Hags more money than Step and think it's ok because the CBA says so. He is to important to this team to let it get that far. I do respect your opinion however.

Old
03-13-2013, 02:26 PM
Bird Law
Daisy's back.

Send a message via AIM to Bird Law
2 year bridge. Guaranteed.

Old
03-13-2013, 02:27 PM
Bird Law
Daisy's back.

Send a message via AIM to Bird Law
Quote:
Originally Posted by EsposHounds View Post
I do understand that Gags. My point is there will be a offer sheet on him if the money from the start is not right IMO. If ROR got a offer sheet for 10 million there is no way Step does not get one. I am not saying Step is worth 10 million either. I do believe there are a lot of teams that would pay him 3 to 3.5 million a year for all the things he does for a hockey team. This is where i believe a player should hold out. You can not offer Hags more money than Step and think it's ok because the CBA says so. He is to important to this team to let it get that far. I do respect your opinion however.
Look how long it took for ROR to get an offer sheet. Stepan will not get an offer sheet.

Old
03-13-2013, 02:39 PM
Stepanformayor*

There are so many General Managers that can not stand Slats, if there was a offer sheet on ROR the stage has been set for it to happen again. It's ok to disagree but Step will get more than 2.5 a year and my guess is he will get 3 years.

Old
03-13-2013, 02:44 PM
Kershaw

vCash: 50
6 yrs 4mil per hopefully. or a 2 yr 3 mil per bridge contract

Old
03-13-2013, 03:12 PM
dethomas07

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kershaw View Post
6 yrs 4mil per hopefully. or a 2 yr 3 mil per bridge contract
i agree looks about right.. i want to start locking up players long term a bit more.. it seems like every 2 years we're back in contract negotiations.. summer of 14' look out!!, sather has a ton of work to do.. I wonder if he'll start contract talks with lundqvist and girardi.. this summer/during the season

Old
03-13-2013, 03:51 PM
Bleed Ranger Blue

Quote:
Originally Posted by dethomas07 View Post
i agree looks about right.. i want to start locking up players long term a bit more.. it seems like every 2 years we're back in contract negotiations.. summer of 14' look out!!, sather has a ton of work to do.. I wonder if he'll start contract talks with lundqvist and girardi.. this summer/during the season
I wonder if Buffalo is happy they locked up Tyler Myers for so long. My point is things change, and I see no reason to sign young guys for longer than we have to.

I like Stepan, but I dont see him breaking out for 80 points in the next 2 years. Its very low risk to sign him to the 2 year bridge, and its very wise of Sather. I just wish he had the same self control with UFA's

Old
03-13-2013, 03:59 PM
NYR Viper

The idea is to keep them hungry for more as well. Give a 22 year old an 8 year contract and they lose motivation quickly. Look at Ovechkin.

Old
03-13-2013, 04:03 PM
Stepanformayor*

The difference is he will be our number one center going into next year if he stays, and he does a lot for this team. When hall, eberle, seguin, o'reilly, skinner are all making 5-6 million a year its hard to look at Step and not put him in the category. The fact that there is no money left here anyway it would not surprise me if he goes elsewhere. If they don't get rid of gabby they will never sign mac, step and hags anyway. I just don't want him to go, and with no money left there is a good chance he will go.

Old
03-13-2013, 04:07 PM
Bleed Ranger Blue

Quote:
The difference is he will be our number one center going into next year if he stays, and he does a lot for this team. When hall, eberle, seguin, o'reilly, skinner are all making 5-6 million a year its hard to look at Step and not put him in the category. The fact that there is no money left here anyway it would not surprise me if he goes elsewhere. If they don't get rid of gabby they will never sign mac, step and hags anyway. I just don't want him to go, and with no money left there is a good chance he will go.
I dont understand what you mean about "no money left here." Gaborik and Richards will likely be gone by the end of summer 2014 - thats $14M right there.

If you're talking about right now? All the more reason to go the 2 year route. I like Stepan but hes not as good as any of those players you listed above, except maybe O'Reilly, who is an ******* and can thank Calgary for netting his $5M per.

Old
03-13-2013, 04:12 PM
Stepanformayor*

Run the numbers on those guys. Stepan has more games played than all of them. Average ice time is better than all of them, his point totals are very comparable and he plays in a Tort's system which is very defensive. Are all those guys worth 3 million a year more than Stepan? I sure hope your answer to that is no.

Old
03-13-2013, 04:33 PM
High And Wide*
Unregistered User

At least 3 million a year, he's our 3rd best forward this season...
I say 3 years @ 3m per.

Old
03-13-2013, 04:34 PM
dethomas07

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bleed Ranger Blue View Post
I dont understand what you mean about "no money left here." Gaborik and Richards will likely be gone by the end of summer 2014 - thats $14M right there.

If you're talking about right now? All the more reason to go the 2 year route. I like Stepan but hes not as good as any of those players you listed above, except maybe O'Reilly, who is an ******* and can thank Calgary for netting his $5M per.
we have plenty of money to sign him to a long term contract along with mcd.. no worries.. No money left? please sather will make moves richards will be traded/bought out and gabs contract is only another year.. no worries..

Old
03-13-2013, 04:35 PM
JohnC
#FreeSteve

I'm not to savy on the business side of this organization, but it seems that Sather has a standard contract he gives out post-ECL so the obvious answer is that contract

Old
03-13-2013, 04:42 PM
GAGLine

Quote:
Run the numbers on those guys. Stepan has more games played than all of them. Average ice time is better than all of them, his point totals are very comparable and he plays in a Tort's system which is very defensive. Are all those guys worth 3 million a year more than Stepan? I sure hope your answer to that is no.
What those players got has absolutely no bearing on what Stepan will get. None.

What you think Stepan deserves based on his production and his place on the team has no bearing on what Stepan will get. None.

This is what Sather does. He's going to be our first line center next year? Prove it, then Slats will pay him.

Argue all you want, but Stepan is going to get 2 years and less than 3 mil per year. You can even put that in your sig if you want.

Old
03-13-2013, 04:56 PM
BobMarleyNYR

Send a message via AIM to BobMarleyNYR
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fitzy View Post
Two, and I wouldn't go too much further considering he has ostensibly plateaued as a 45-50 point 2nd line center. We haven't seen much evidence that he'll rise above that level.
The last 8-10 (short period, of course), are evidence. He's shown evidence of being a first line C. His mobility, strength and shot have all improved significantly.

Old
03-13-2013, 05:42 PM
darko

I'd be shocked if its anything longer than a 2 year deal.

Old
03-13-2013, 05:51 PM
Yosemite Sam

vCash: 1050
If it's two years he'll get $3.25M per year. A five-year term at $4M would be great for both parties.

Old
03-13-2013, 06:00 PM
darko

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yosemite Sam View Post
If it's two years he'll get $3.25M per year. A five-year term at $4M would be great for both parties.

He has no leverage. Watch him get 2 years at 2.5 mill per. 2.75 max.

Old
03-13-2013, 06:05 PM
Tanner Glass
Call me Nils

Quote:
You offersheet teams like Colorado.

No one in their right mind is going to offersheet anyone from the second richest team in the league

03-25-2013, 07:30 AM
Stepanformayor*

I don't think that there is any chance we get Step for 2.5 x 2 yearss. He will get closer to 3.5 for three years IMO. He continues to be our best forward and thre is no way his agents don't see this! They have to get this kid signed and have it make sense to him. Just my thoughts.....

Old
03-25-2013, 08:16 AM
Crease

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stepanformayor View Post
I don't think that there is any chance we get Step for 2.5 x 2 yearss. He will get closer to 3.5 for three years IMO. He continues to be our best forward and thre is no way his agents don't see this! They have to get this kid signed and have it make sense to him. Just my thoughts.....
Why do you think the Rangers won't be able to sign him for 2 years at a low number? If a team is not going to offer sheet him at 3 years 3.5 AAV then they're not going to offer sheet him at 2 years 2.75 AAV.

Last edited by Crease: 03-25-2013 at 08:21 AM.
Old
03-25-2013, 08:59 AM
Tanner Glass
Call me Nils

I would honestly prefer locking Stepan up long term for Callahan type money

Old
03-25-2013, 09:05 AM
TomLaidlaw

2 Years - $2,750,000 per year

Stepan, Cally and Hagelin have been our three most consistent forwards this season in my opinion.

Old
03-25-2013, 04:17 PM
zuckera1

Pay the man, if we lose him our center depth is AWFUL.

Other teams will offer him at least 3, for a few years, maybe even 4. I'd offer 2 years (3.5million/yr) or 3 years (3 million/yr). He also still has potential, may develop into a 25G 25A guy

Closed Thread