HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

How many years does Stepan get this summer?

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
03-13-2013, 01:32 PM
  #26
Stepanformayor*
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Posts: 581
vCash: 500
I do understand that Gags. My point is there will be a offer sheet on him if the money from the start is not right IMO. If ROR got a offer sheet for 10 million there is no way Step does not get one. I am not saying Step is worth 10 million either. I do believe there are a lot of teams that would pay him 3 to 3.5 million a year for all the things he does for a hockey team. This is where i believe a player should hold out. You can not offer Hags more money than Step and think it's ok because the CBA says so. He is to important to this team to let it get that far. I do respect your opinion however.

Stepanformayor* is offline  
Old
03-13-2013, 02:26 PM
  #27
Bird Law
Daisy's back.
 
Bird Law's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Country Roads
Country: United States
Posts: 72,832
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Bird Law
2 year bridge. Guaranteed.

__________________
"Of course giving Sather cap space is like giving teenagers whiskey and car keys." - SBOB
"Watching Sather build a team is like watching a blind man with no fingers trying to put together an elaborate puzzle." - Shadowtron
"Used to be only Twinkies and cockroaches could survive a nuke. I'd add Habs to that. I'm convinced the CH stands for Club du Hypocrisy." - Gee Wally
Bird Law is offline  
Old
03-13-2013, 02:27 PM
  #28
Bird Law
Daisy's back.
 
Bird Law's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Country Roads
Country: United States
Posts: 72,832
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Bird Law
Quote:
Originally Posted by EsposHounds View Post
I do understand that Gags. My point is there will be a offer sheet on him if the money from the start is not right IMO. If ROR got a offer sheet for 10 million there is no way Step does not get one. I am not saying Step is worth 10 million either. I do believe there are a lot of teams that would pay him 3 to 3.5 million a year for all the things he does for a hockey team. This is where i believe a player should hold out. You can not offer Hags more money than Step and think it's ok because the CBA says so. He is to important to this team to let it get that far. I do respect your opinion however.
Look how long it took for ROR to get an offer sheet. Stepan will not get an offer sheet.

Bird Law is offline  
Old
03-13-2013, 02:39 PM
  #29
Stepanformayor*
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Posts: 581
vCash: 500
There are so many General Managers that can not stand Slats, if there was a offer sheet on ROR the stage has been set for it to happen again. It's ok to disagree but Step will get more than 2.5 a year and my guess is he will get 3 years.

Stepanformayor* is offline  
Old
03-13-2013, 02:44 PM
  #30
Kershaw
 
Kershaw's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Country:
Posts: 25,519
vCash: 50
6 yrs 4mil per hopefully. or a 2 yr 3 mil per bridge contract

Kershaw is offline  
Old
03-13-2013, 03:12 PM
  #31
dethomas07
Registered User
 
dethomas07's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: New York, NY
Country: United States
Posts: 1,209
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kershaw View Post
6 yrs 4mil per hopefully. or a 2 yr 3 mil per bridge contract
i agree looks about right.. i want to start locking up players long term a bit more.. it seems like every 2 years we're back in contract negotiations.. summer of 14' look out!!, sather has a ton of work to do.. I wonder if he'll start contract talks with lundqvist and girardi.. this summer/during the season

dethomas07 is offline  
Old
03-13-2013, 03:51 PM
  #32
Bleed Ranger Blue
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 14,811
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by dethomas07 View Post
i agree looks about right.. i want to start locking up players long term a bit more.. it seems like every 2 years we're back in contract negotiations.. summer of 14' look out!!, sather has a ton of work to do.. I wonder if he'll start contract talks with lundqvist and girardi.. this summer/during the season
I wonder if Buffalo is happy they locked up Tyler Myers for so long. My point is things change, and I see no reason to sign young guys for longer than we have to.

I like Stepan, but I dont see him breaking out for 80 points in the next 2 years. Its very low risk to sign him to the 2 year bridge, and its very wise of Sather. I just wish he had the same self control with UFA's

Bleed Ranger Blue is offline  
Old
03-13-2013, 03:59 PM
  #33
NYR Viper
Moderator
 
NYR Viper's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: PA
Country: United States
Posts: 28,350
vCash: 500
The idea is to keep them hungry for more as well. Give a 22 year old an 8 year contract and they lose motivation quickly. Look at Ovechkin.

NYR Viper is offline  
Old
03-13-2013, 04:03 PM
  #34
Stepanformayor*
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Posts: 581
vCash: 500
The difference is he will be our number one center going into next year if he stays, and he does a lot for this team. When hall, eberle, seguin, o'reilly, skinner are all making 5-6 million a year its hard to look at Step and not put him in the category. The fact that there is no money left here anyway it would not surprise me if he goes elsewhere. If they don't get rid of gabby they will never sign mac, step and hags anyway. I just don't want him to go, and with no money left there is a good chance he will go.

Stepanformayor* is offline  
Old
03-13-2013, 04:07 PM
  #35
Bleed Ranger Blue
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 14,811
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by EsposHounds View Post
The difference is he will be our number one center going into next year if he stays, and he does a lot for this team. When hall, eberle, seguin, o'reilly, skinner are all making 5-6 million a year its hard to look at Step and not put him in the category. The fact that there is no money left here anyway it would not surprise me if he goes elsewhere. If they don't get rid of gabby they will never sign mac, step and hags anyway. I just don't want him to go, and with no money left there is a good chance he will go.
I dont understand what you mean about "no money left here." Gaborik and Richards will likely be gone by the end of summer 2014 - thats $14M right there.

If you're talking about right now? All the more reason to go the 2 year route. I like Stepan but hes not as good as any of those players you listed above, except maybe O'Reilly, who is an ******* and can thank Calgary for netting his $5M per.

Bleed Ranger Blue is offline  
Old
03-13-2013, 04:12 PM
  #36
Stepanformayor*
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Posts: 581
vCash: 500
Run the numbers on those guys. Stepan has more games played than all of them. Average ice time is better than all of them, his point totals are very comparable and he plays in a Tort's system which is very defensive. Are all those guys worth 3 million a year more than Stepan? I sure hope your answer to that is no.

Stepanformayor* is offline  
Old
03-13-2013, 04:33 PM
  #37
High And Wide*
Unregistered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Brooklyn, NY
Country: United States
Posts: 815
vCash: 500
At least 3 million a year, he's our 3rd best forward this season...
I say 3 years @ 3m per.

High And Wide* is offline  
Old
03-13-2013, 04:34 PM
  #38
dethomas07
Registered User
 
dethomas07's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: New York, NY
Country: United States
Posts: 1,209
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bleed Ranger Blue View Post
I dont understand what you mean about "no money left here." Gaborik and Richards will likely be gone by the end of summer 2014 - thats $14M right there.

If you're talking about right now? All the more reason to go the 2 year route. I like Stepan but hes not as good as any of those players you listed above, except maybe O'Reilly, who is an ******* and can thank Calgary for netting his $5M per.
we have plenty of money to sign him to a long term contract along with mcd.. no worries.. No money left? please sather will make moves richards will be traded/bought out and gabs contract is only another year.. no worries..

dethomas07 is offline  
Old
03-13-2013, 04:35 PM
  #39
JohnC
#FreeSteve
 
JohnC's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: New York
Country: United States
Posts: 4,550
vCash: 500
I'm not to savy on the business side of this organization, but it seems that Sather has a standard contract he gives out post-ECL so the obvious answer is that contract

JohnC is offline  
Old
03-13-2013, 04:42 PM
  #40
GAGLine
Registered User
 
GAGLine's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Posts: 9,169
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by EsposHounds View Post
Run the numbers on those guys. Stepan has more games played than all of them. Average ice time is better than all of them, his point totals are very comparable and he plays in a Tort's system which is very defensive. Are all those guys worth 3 million a year more than Stepan? I sure hope your answer to that is no.
What those players got has absolutely no bearing on what Stepan will get. None.

What you think Stepan deserves based on his production and his place on the team has no bearing on what Stepan will get. None.

This is what Sather does. He's going to be our first line center next year? Prove it, then Slats will pay him.

Argue all you want, but Stepan is going to get 2 years and less than 3 mil per year. You can even put that in your sig if you want.

GAGLine is offline  
Old
03-13-2013, 04:56 PM
  #41
BobMarleyNYR
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: Alphabet
Country: Iraq
Posts: 2,918
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to BobMarleyNYR
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fitzy View Post
Two, and I wouldn't go too much further considering he has ostensibly plateaued as a 45-50 point 2nd line center. We haven't seen much evidence that he'll rise above that level.
The last 8-10 (short period, of course), are evidence. He's shown evidence of being a first line C. His mobility, strength and shot have all improved significantly.

BobMarleyNYR is offline  
Old
03-13-2013, 05:42 PM
  #42
darko
Registered User
 
darko's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Country: Australia
Posts: 30,490
vCash: 500
I'd be shocked if its anything longer than a 2 year deal.

darko is offline  
Old
03-13-2013, 05:51 PM
  #43
Yosemite Sam
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: Sudbury, Ontario
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,387
vCash: 1050
If it's two years he'll get $3.25M per year. A five-year term at $4M would be great for both parties.

Yosemite Sam is offline  
Old
03-13-2013, 06:00 PM
  #44
darko
Registered User
 
darko's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Country: Australia
Posts: 30,490
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yosemite Sam View Post
If it's two years he'll get $3.25M per year. A five-year term at $4M would be great for both parties.

He has no leverage. Watch him get 2 years at 2.5 mill per. 2.75 max.

darko is offline  
Old
03-13-2013, 06:05 PM
  #45
Tanner Glass
Call me Nils
 
Tanner Glass's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: NYC
Country: Austria
Posts: 16,955
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by EsposHounds View Post
I do understand that Gags. My point is there will be a offer sheet on him if the money from the start is not right IMO. If ROR got a offer sheet for 10 million there is no way Step does not get one. I am not saying Step is worth 10 million either. I do believe there are a lot of teams that would pay him 3 to 3.5 million a year for all the things he does for a hockey team. This is where i believe a player should hold out. You can not offer Hags more money than Step and think it's ok because the CBA says so. He is to important to this team to let it get that far. I do respect your opinion however.
You offersheet teams like Colorado.

No one in their right mind is going to offersheet anyone from the second richest team in the league

__________________
Tanner Glass is online now  
Old
03-25-2013, 07:30 AM
  #46
Stepanformayor*
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Posts: 581
vCash: 500
I don't think that there is any chance we get Step for 2.5 x 2 yearss. He will get closer to 3.5 for three years IMO. He continues to be our best forward and thre is no way his agents don't see this! They have to get this kid signed and have it make sense to him. Just my thoughts.....

Stepanformayor* is offline  
Old
03-25-2013, 08:16 AM
  #47
Crease
Registered User
 
Crease's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Posts: 9,833
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stepanformayor View Post
I don't think that there is any chance we get Step for 2.5 x 2 yearss. He will get closer to 3.5 for three years IMO. He continues to be our best forward and thre is no way his agents don't see this! They have to get this kid signed and have it make sense to him. Just my thoughts.....
Why do you think the Rangers won't be able to sign him for 2 years at a low number? If a team is not going to offer sheet him at 3 years 3.5 AAV then they're not going to offer sheet him at 2 years 2.75 AAV.


Last edited by Crease: 03-25-2013 at 08:21 AM.
Crease is offline  
Old
03-25-2013, 08:59 AM
  #48
Tanner Glass
Call me Nils
 
Tanner Glass's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: NYC
Country: Austria
Posts: 16,955
vCash: 50
I would honestly prefer locking Stepan up long term for Callahan type money

Tanner Glass is online now  
Old
03-25-2013, 09:05 AM
  #49
TomLaidlaw
Registered User
 
TomLaidlaw's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Transylvania
Country: Romania
Posts: 3,177
vCash: 500
2 Years - $2,750,000 per year

Stepan, Cally and Hagelin have been our three most consistent forwards this season in my opinion.

TomLaidlaw is offline  
Old
03-25-2013, 04:17 PM
  #50
zuckera1
#35
 
zuckera1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Philadelphia, PA
Country: United States
Posts: 393
vCash: 500
Pay the man, if we lose him our center depth is AWFUL.

Other teams will offer him at least 3, for a few years, maybe even 4. I'd offer 2 years (3.5million/yr) or 3 years (3 million/yr). He also still has potential, may develop into a 25G 25A guy

zuckera1 is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:15 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.