HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Winnipeg Jets
Notices

Winnipeg Jets 2013 Draft Talk

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
03-10-2013, 03:39 PM
  #851
JetsHomer
Registered User
 
JetsHomer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Posts: 3,266
vCash: 50
We'd have 15, 45 and a high 50's from Chicago. We can't trade the compensatory pick we get. In that situation little chance we move up very far. Our 2014 first would have to be in play to move up far.

JetsHomer is offline  
Old
03-10-2013, 05:04 PM
  #852
Sweech
COYS!
 
Sweech's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Hamilton, Ontario
Country: Canada
Posts: 7,747
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by GoldenJet89 View Post
makes sense. but even on a dominant team, surely theres the potential that he could become the next st louis. or better. i agree the bust factor would come in to play.

i think it may be smart for some team with a middle-late first rounder to take to him maybe before they expect him to go. his skill level from what little ive seen seems rediculous
Absolutely not in this draft. The first is too deep and Petan is a big risk.

There's too many good players who are much safer picks and still very talented.

Sweech is offline  
Old
03-13-2013, 09:00 AM
  #853
Jetsfareast
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Philippines
Country: Canada
Posts: 438
vCash: 695
We have 3 second picks?

Jetsfareast is offline  
Old
03-13-2013, 10:00 AM
  #854
DEANYOUNGBLOOD17
Registered User
 
DEANYOUNGBLOOD17's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Posts: 626
vCash: 500
It will be tough for the Jets in the 2013 1st round........ The Jets having the last pick in the first round and all....

The 4 picks in the 2nd round will be easier

- 50 th over all pick ---- recieved from the hainsey trade

-59 th overall pick compensation pick

-60 th overall (stanly cup finalists) Black hawks 2nd recieved for Johhny O

-61 th over all (last pick in the 2nd round) awarded to the Stanley cup winners Winnipeg Jets

DEANYOUNGBLOOD17 is offline  
Old
03-13-2013, 10:21 AM
  #855
Grind
Stomacheache AllStar
 
Grind's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Manitoba
Posts: 4,006
vCash: 500
i know your only kidding and all, but if we're still where we are at the deadline, i'd have alot of trouble advocating for ahisney trade. and i would vomit if all we got was a second.

Grind is offline  
Old
03-13-2013, 11:03 AM
  #856
Sweech
COYS!
 
Sweech's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Hamilton, Ontario
Country: Canada
Posts: 7,747
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grind View Post
i know your only kidding and all, but if we're still where we are at the deadline, i'd have alot of trouble advocating for ahisney trade. and i would vomit if all we got was a second.
Pretty much where I'm at. If we're moving him at all we had better be getting a low second from some contending team.

Sweech is offline  
Old
03-13-2013, 11:12 AM
  #857
DEANYOUNGBLOOD17
Registered User
 
DEANYOUNGBLOOD17's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Posts: 626
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grind View Post
i know your only kidding and all, but if we're still where we are at the deadline, i'd have alot of trouble advocating for ahisney trade. and i would vomit if all we got was a second.
Hainsey has been servicable this year........but I think that when Enstrom returns the jets will trade Hainsey and gel together after the Hainsey trade

with the Jets making a run in the playoffs surprising everyone.........prediction on Hainsey s return ........mid 2nd pick and a mid 4th....... I would love a late 1st, but i do not see it happening

DEANYOUNGBLOOD17 is offline  
Old
03-13-2013, 11:57 AM
  #858
truck
HFB Partner
 
truck's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 6,110
vCash: 495
Quote:
Originally Posted by DEANYOUNGBLOOD17 View Post
Hainsey has been servicable this year........but I think that when Enstrom returns the jets will trade Hainsey and gel together after the Hainsey trade

with the Jets making a run in the playoffs surprising everyone.........prediction on Hainsey s return ........mid 2nd pick and a mid 4th....... I would love a late 1st, but i do not see it happening
This is possible.

Toby - Bogo
Clitty - Buff

is better than

Hainsey - Bogo
Clitty - Buff

That said, I still want to see Toby - Buff

truck is online now  
Old
03-13-2013, 12:18 PM
  #859
Grind
Stomacheache AllStar
 
Grind's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Manitoba
Posts: 4,006
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by truck View Post
This is possible.

Toby - Bogo
Clitty - Buff

is better than

Hainsey - Bogo
Clitty - Buff

That said, I still want to see Toby - Buff
yah for me the question is

toby - buff
clitty - bogo

going to be as good as

hainsey bogo
clitty - buff

i guess you would hope so eh?

Grind is offline  
Old
03-13-2013, 03:05 PM
  #860
JetsHomer
Registered User
 
JetsHomer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Posts: 3,266
vCash: 50
Some nice top 4s there. Look good...until someone gets injured. But I'm not worried we all know all our Dmen are awesome at staying healthy

JetsHomer is offline  
Old
03-13-2013, 03:25 PM
  #861
Grind
Stomacheache AllStar
 
Grind's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Manitoba
Posts: 4,006
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flying High View Post
Some nice top 4s there. Look good...until someone gets injured. But I'm not worried we all know all our Dmen are awesome at staying healthy
that's the other thing


i would be hard to convince to trade hainsey at the deadling if we are in 9th.


I would be impossible to convince to trade hainsey for a 2nd and 4th.

Grind is offline  
Old
03-13-2013, 04:13 PM
  #862
DEANYOUNGBLOOD17
Registered User
 
DEANYOUNGBLOOD17's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Posts: 626
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grind View Post
that's the other thing


i would be hard to convince to trade hainsey at the deadling if we are in 9th.


I would be impossible to convince to trade hainsey for a 2nd and 4th.

Good thing Chevy does not have to get your permission b4 acting///

- alot of people were upset that we traded Poni back to Jersey citing no depth for the 3 rd line....... promotion to Wright to the 3rd line and I counted 5 legitimate scoring opportunities he was directly involved in last night (snake bitten/ once Wright breaks his Goal cherry & I predict the flood gates will open).....

I understand your trading Hainsey concerns.... I do its a cautious/ conservative approach......... I am just predicting that we will roll the dice and the trade will happen with a minnimum mid 2nd and mid 4th picks comming back......

3 weeks to the deadline lets see who ends up being Wright ummmm right...

DEANYOUNGBLOOD17 is offline  
Old
03-13-2013, 04:27 PM
  #863
Grind
Stomacheache AllStar
 
Grind's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Manitoba
Posts: 4,006
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by DEANYOUNGBLOOD17 View Post
Good thing Chevy does not have to get your permission b4 acting///

- alot of people were upset that we traded Poni back to Jersey citing no depth for the 3 rd line....... promotion to Wright to the 3rd line and I counted 5 legitimate scoring opportunities he was directly involved in last night (snake bitten/ once Wright breaks his Goal cherry & I predict the flood gates will open).....

I understand your trading Hainsey concerns.... I do its a cautious/ conservative approach......... I am just predicting that we will roll the dice and the trade will happen with a minnimum mid 2nd and mid 4th picks comming back......

3 weeks to the deadline lets see who ends up being Wright ummmm right...

the difference between poni's role on this team and hainsy's role is night and day.

If you really think those situations are comparable this is a lost cause. if you think a 3rd line lw and top 4 d (taking the toughest matches, in the defensive zone and second PP time and PK) are equivalent i need to join you nhl13 gm connected league right away.

i'll admit its more cautious/conservative then your suggestion...but your suggestion is dangerously bold.

Grind is offline  
Old
03-13-2013, 04:48 PM
  #864
DEANYOUNGBLOOD17
Registered User
 
DEANYOUNGBLOOD17's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Posts: 626
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grind View Post
the difference between poni's role on this team and hainsy's role is night and day.

If you really think those situations are comparable this is a lost cause. if you think a 3rd line lw and top 4 d (taking the toughest matches, in the defensive zone and second PP time and PK) are equivalent i need to join you nhl13 gm connected league right away.

i'll admit its more cautious/conservative then your suggestion...but your suggestion is dangerously bold.
The Poni example was used to cite the fallout on this board that the sky was falling.......and we are heading for last place in the league......sky did not fall and the team is playing better without him...... Hainsey is servicable this year, not outstanding.......... somebody else can fill his minutes.......

If the Ducks fighting for 1st are considering trading Corey Perry to protect their future....... Thats dangerously Bold.... Trading the servicable Hainsey is a calculated gamble at best.....

Again our views on the matter are complete opposite........I agree to disagree..... and I repeat I believe Hainsey is gone b4 the deadline.....lets wait and see which way Chevy goes in the next three weeks .......

DEANYOUNGBLOOD17 is offline  
Old
03-13-2013, 05:20 PM
  #865
JetsHomer
Registered User
 
JetsHomer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Posts: 3,266
vCash: 50
Someone else can play Hainseys minutes? Do tell who this mysterious defencemen is.

JetsHomer is offline  
Old
03-13-2013, 05:30 PM
  #866
GoldenJet89
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 555
vCash: 362
overall i tend to agree with dean. I dont know if any one player will step in and take hainseys role immediately per say... but once toby is back we have a decent mix of guys at our disposal.

anyone have word on the kulda situation? cause he could make things interesting too. not that i expect him to step in and be amazing, but another left hand dman that COULD be a top 6 guy will help our depth. especially if we consider moving hainsey

also derek meech has looked solid imo... he's a pretty sound overall player, not going to wow you but is certainly not a liability

sometimes tough decisions have to be made. and if the organization feels that hainsey wont be around next year, or if were offered a decent deal. i think we have to take it. it could have zero effect on the team or it could backfire huge. but thats just how pro sports are. someone will be moved at the deadline. and id say theres a pretty good chance its a defenceman

GoldenJet89 is offline  
Old
03-13-2013, 06:53 PM
  #867
DEANYOUNGBLOOD17
Registered User
 
DEANYOUNGBLOOD17's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Posts: 626
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flying High View Post
Someone else can play Hainseys minutes? Do tell who this mysterious defencemen is.
Some one is not the mysterious Someone is Enstrom. And a mixture of the next guy on the depth chart. What would happen if he got hurt U would move on with the next best option.

Karlsson for Ottawa is not replaceable. but Ottawa is moving forward towards making the playoffs. again trading Hainsey is not the end of the world. he is 95% gone at the end of the season as a UFA IMO

I think Chevy is going to trade. U think otherwise. Okay. Lets wait and see

DEANYOUNGBLOOD17 is offline  
Old
03-13-2013, 07:17 PM
  #868
truck
HFB Partner
 
truck's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 6,110
vCash: 495
Quote:
Originally Posted by GoldenJet89 View Post
overall i tend to agree with dean. I dont know if any one player will step in and take hainseys role immediately per say... but once toby is back we have a decent mix of guys at our disposal.

anyone have word on the kulda situation? cause he could make things interesting too. not that i expect him to step in and be amazing, but another left hand dman that COULD be a top 6 guy will help our depth. especially if we consider moving hainsey

also derek meech has looked solid imo... he's a pretty sound overall player, not going to wow you but is certainly not a liability

sometimes tough decisions have to be made. and if the organization feels that hainsey wont be around next year, or if were offered a decent deal. i think we have to take it. it could have zero effect on the team or it could backfire huge. but thats just how pro sports are. someone will be moved at the deadline. and id say theres a pretty good chance its a defenceman
I really thought Meech looked shaky and I wouldn't read anything into the plus 2.

He and Stu were thoroughly outshot and struggled with clearing the O zone.

truck is online now  
Old
03-13-2013, 07:32 PM
  #869
SCP Guy
Registered User
 
SCP Guy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: The Peg
Country: Portugal
Posts: 1,927
vCash: 50
We can't let any UFA walk away for nothing that could bring a 2nd round pick at this point in the teams development. If we are only being offered a 4th round pick for a UFA and are in the playoff race then sure say no....But if we have a UFA that has not agreed to an extension and they would fetch a 2nd rounder or more me MUST make the deal IMHO no matter where we are in the standings.

I think this is how TN is thinking as they know it is a long process to build a winner from within an organization and assets can't be squandered in the early stages of the build up.

SCP Guy is offline  
Old
03-13-2013, 07:45 PM
  #870
untouchable21
You've been TROUBA'D
 
untouchable21's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: The Outer Limits.
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,860
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by SCP Guy View Post
We can't let any UFA walk away for nothing that could bring a 2nd round pick at this point in the teams development. If we are only being offered a 4th round pick for a UFA and are in the playoff race then sure say no....But if we have a UFA that has not agreed to an extension and they would fetch a 2nd rounder or more me MUST make the deal IMHO no matter where we are in the standings.

I think this is how TN is thinking as they know it is a long process to build a winner from within an organization and assets can't be squandered in the early stages of the build up.
Exactly. If Hainsey and Antropov are both intending on testing the UFA waters, and each could fetch a 2nd or a 2nd +, the JETS have to do it. Imagine what an additional two 2nd rounders could do in efforts to trade back into the latter part of the 1st.

Any additional picks could be the difference between having more Lowry/Kosmachuk like prospects in the system. Something the Organization needs is to start churning out some quality players at all positions.

untouchable21 is offline  
Old
03-13-2013, 07:56 PM
  #871
umwoz
Registered User
 
umwoz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,194
vCash: 500
You'd think we have stockpiled enough picks to move up, but Chevy hasn't shown any semblance of an aggressive GM, so I'm not expecting it.

If we're picking in the 14-18 range, I don't think it would take a ton to move up to around 8-10 and take someone like Monahan(likely NHL ready) or Shinkaruk.

umwoz is offline  
Old
03-13-2013, 08:17 PM
  #872
untouchable21
You've been TROUBA'D
 
untouchable21's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: The Outer Limits.
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,860
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by umwoz View Post
You'd think we have stockpiled enough picks to move up, but Chevy hasn't shown any semblance of an aggressive GM, so I'm not expecting it.

If we're picking in the 14-18 range, I don't think it would take a ton to move up to around 8-10 and take someone like Monahan(likely NHL ready) or Shinkaruk.
I don't know. Why would another team in that range pass up on Monahan or whoever and move down 8 - 10 spots to pick "possibly" a lesser prospect? All for additional 2nd/3rd round picks. For that to happen, it would take a GM to fall in love with a player that might be considered a reach and will almost certainly still be available 8-10 picks later. In my opinion, it would take a perfect storm for that to unfold for the JETS.

If it were the JETS, I wouldn't be happy trading out of a slot where they were in a position to draft a Monahan or Lindholm type.

untouchable21 is offline  
Old
03-13-2013, 08:34 PM
  #873
Jet
Moderator
Chevel-takesadayoff
 
Jet's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: New Glasgow
Country: Scotland
Posts: 16,922
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by SCP Guy View Post
We can't let any UFA walk away for nothing that could bring a 2nd round pick at this point in the teams development. If we are only being offered a 4th round pick for a UFA and are in the playoff race then sure say no....But if we have a UFA that has not agreed to an extension and they would fetch a 2nd rounder or more me MUST make the deal IMHO no matter where we are in the standings.

I think this is how TN is thinking as they know it is a long process to build a winner from within an organization and assets can't be squandered in the early stages of the build up.
Quote:
Originally Posted by untouchable21 View Post
Exactly. If Hainsey and Antropov are both intending on testing the UFA waters, and each could fetch a 2nd or a 2nd +, the JETS have to do it. Imagine what an additional two 2nd rounders could do in efforts to trade back into the latter part of the 1st.

Any additional picks could be the difference between having more Lowry/Kosmachuk like prospects in the system. Something the Organization needs is to start churning out some quality players at all positions.
I absolutely disagree with this.

If you keep Hainsey and Antropov and they help us win a couple of playoff games, that is $$$ in True North's pocket. You add that to the 7+ million those players free up if they sign elsewhere and you are talking good money to resign a couple of veteran replacements.

This off season should be excellent for a team like Winnipeg who will have cap space and dollars to spend as teams work to become cap compliant.

The LA Kings showed you can do anything once you make the playoffs. So did the Canes (and the Oilers) in 06. Why rob Peter to pay Paul?

You get a couple of draft picks for Antro and Hainsey. Fine. What guarantee that those are going to become ANYTHING that helps this team?

The whole theory of 'getting something for an impending UFA' is overrated.

__________________
The Olympic Line
Jet is offline  
Old
03-13-2013, 08:38 PM
  #874
JetsHomer
Registered User
 
JetsHomer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Posts: 3,266
vCash: 50
I'd rather have Hainsey for a playoff push than get what is essentially a 30% chance of getting a player that might one day make the NHL. This isn't a top player that will get a huge return here.

JetsHomer is offline  
Old
03-13-2013, 08:43 PM
  #875
Sweech
COYS!
 
Sweech's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Hamilton, Ontario
Country: Canada
Posts: 7,747
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by umwoz View Post
You'd think we have stockpiled enough picks to move up, but Chevy hasn't shown any semblance of an aggressive GM, so I'm not expecting it.

If we're picking in the 14-18 range, I don't think it would take a ton to move up to around 8-10 and take someone like Monahan(likely NHL ready) or Shinkaruk.
If you're that other team trading down why do you make that trade?

Sweech is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:12 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.