Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Winnipeg Jets
Notices

Winnipeg Jets 2013 Draft Talk

Closed Thread

Old
03-10-2013, 03:39 PM
JetsHomer

vCash: 50
We'd have 15, 45 and a high 50's from Chicago. We can't trade the compensatory pick we get. In that situation little chance we move up very far. Our 2014 first would have to be in play to move up far.

Old
03-10-2013, 05:04 PM
Sweech
COYS!

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoldenJet89 View Post
makes sense. but even on a dominant team, surely theres the potential that he could become the next st louis. or better. i agree the bust factor would come in to play.

i think it may be smart for some team with a middle-late first rounder to take to him maybe before they expect him to go. his skill level from what little ive seen seems rediculous
Absolutely not in this draft. The first is too deep and Petan is a big risk.

There's too many good players who are much safer picks and still very talented.

Old
03-13-2013, 09:00 AM
Jetsfareast

vCash: 695
We have 3 second picks?

Old
03-13-2013, 10:00 AM
DEANYOUNGBLOOD17

vCash: 500
It will be tough for the Jets in the 2013 1st round........ The Jets having the last pick in the first round and all....

The 4 picks in the 2nd round will be easier

- 50 th over all pick ---- recieved from the hainsey trade

-59 th overall pick compensation pick

-60 th overall (stanly cup finalists) Black hawks 2nd recieved for Johhny O

-61 th over all (last pick in the 2nd round) awarded to the Stanley cup winners Winnipeg Jets

Old
03-13-2013, 10:21 AM
Grind
Stomacheache AllStar

i know your only kidding and all, but if we're still where we are at the deadline, i'd have alot of trouble advocating for ahisney trade. and i would vomit if all we got was a second.

Old
03-13-2013, 11:03 AM
Sweech
COYS!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grind View Post
i know your only kidding and all, but if we're still where we are at the deadline, i'd have alot of trouble advocating for ahisney trade. and i would vomit if all we got was a second.
Pretty much where I'm at. If we're moving him at all we had better be getting a low second from some contending team.

Old
03-13-2013, 11:12 AM
DEANYOUNGBLOOD17

Quote:
Hainsey has been servicable this year........but I think that when Enstrom returns the jets will trade Hainsey and gel together after the Hainsey trade

with the Jets making a run in the playoffs surprising everyone.........prediction on Hainsey s return ........mid 2nd pick and a mid 4th....... I would love a late 1st, but i do not see it happening

Old
03-13-2013, 11:57 AM
truck
HFB Partner

vCash: 495
Quote:
Originally Posted by DEANYOUNGBLOOD17 View Post
Hainsey has been servicable this year........but I think that when Enstrom returns the jets will trade Hainsey and gel together after the Hainsey trade

with the Jets making a run in the playoffs surprising everyone.........prediction on Hainsey s return ........mid 2nd pick and a mid 4th....... I would love a late 1st, but i do not see it happening
This is possible.

Toby - Bogo
Clitty - Buff

is better than

Hainsey - Bogo
Clitty - Buff

That said, I still want to see Toby - Buff

Old
03-13-2013, 12:18 PM
Grind
Stomacheache AllStar

Quote:
Originally Posted by truck View Post
This is possible.

Toby - Bogo
Clitty - Buff

is better than

Hainsey - Bogo
Clitty - Buff

That said, I still want to see Toby - Buff
yah for me the question is

toby - buff
clitty - bogo

going to be as good as

hainsey bogo
clitty - buff

i guess you would hope so eh?

Old
03-13-2013, 03:05 PM
JetsHomer

Some nice top 4s there. Look good...until someone gets injured. But I'm not worried we all know all our Dmen are awesome at staying healthy

Old
03-13-2013, 03:25 PM
Grind
Stomacheache AllStar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flying High View Post
Some nice top 4s there. Look good...until someone gets injured. But I'm not worried we all know all our Dmen are awesome at staying healthy
that's the other thing

i would be hard to convince to trade hainsey at the deadling if we are in 9th.

I would be impossible to convince to trade hainsey for a 2nd and 4th.

Old
03-13-2013, 04:13 PM
DEANYOUNGBLOOD17

Quote:
that's the other thing

i would be hard to convince to trade hainsey at the deadling if we are in 9th.

I would be impossible to convince to trade hainsey for a 2nd and 4th.

Good thing Chevy does not have to get your permission b4 acting///

- alot of people were upset that we traded Poni back to Jersey citing no depth for the 3 rd line....... promotion to Wright to the 3rd line and I counted 5 legitimate scoring opportunities he was directly involved in last night (snake bitten/ once Wright breaks his Goal cherry & I predict the flood gates will open).....

I understand your trading Hainsey concerns.... I do its a cautious/ conservative approach......... I am just predicting that we will roll the dice and the trade will happen with a minnimum mid 2nd and mid 4th picks comming back......

3 weeks to the deadline lets see who ends up being Wright ummmm right...

Old
03-13-2013, 04:27 PM
Grind
Stomacheache AllStar

Quote:
Originally Posted by DEANYOUNGBLOOD17 View Post
Good thing Chevy does not have to get your permission b4 acting///

- alot of people were upset that we traded Poni back to Jersey citing no depth for the 3 rd line....... promotion to Wright to the 3rd line and I counted 5 legitimate scoring opportunities he was directly involved in last night (snake bitten/ once Wright breaks his Goal cherry & I predict the flood gates will open).....

I understand your trading Hainsey concerns.... I do its a cautious/ conservative approach......... I am just predicting that we will roll the dice and the trade will happen with a minnimum mid 2nd and mid 4th picks comming back......

3 weeks to the deadline lets see who ends up being Wright ummmm right...

the difference between poni's role on this team and hainsy's role is night and day.

If you really think those situations are comparable this is a lost cause. if you think a 3rd line lw and top 4 d (taking the toughest matches, in the defensive zone and second PP time and PK) are equivalent i need to join you nhl13 gm connected league right away.

i'll admit its more cautious/conservative then your suggestion...but your suggestion is dangerously bold.

Old
03-13-2013, 04:48 PM
DEANYOUNGBLOOD17

Quote:
the difference between poni's role on this team and hainsy's role is night and day.

If you really think those situations are comparable this is a lost cause. if you think a 3rd line lw and top 4 d (taking the toughest matches, in the defensive zone and second PP time and PK) are equivalent i need to join you nhl13 gm connected league right away.

i'll admit its more cautious/conservative then your suggestion...but your suggestion is dangerously bold.
The Poni example was used to cite the fallout on this board that the sky was falling.......and we are heading for last place in the league......sky did not fall and the team is playing better without him...... Hainsey is servicable this year, not outstanding.......... somebody else can fill his minutes.......

If the Ducks fighting for 1st are considering trading Corey Perry to protect their future....... Thats dangerously Bold.... Trading the servicable Hainsey is a calculated gamble at best.....

Again our views on the matter are complete opposite........I agree to disagree..... and I repeat I believe Hainsey is gone b4 the deadline.....lets wait and see which way Chevy goes in the next three weeks .......

Old
03-13-2013, 05:20 PM
JetsHomer

Someone else can play Hainseys minutes? Do tell who this mysterious defencemen is.

Old
03-13-2013, 05:30 PM
GoldenJet89

vCash: 362
overall i tend to agree with dean. I dont know if any one player will step in and take hainseys role immediately per say... but once toby is back we have a decent mix of guys at our disposal.

anyone have word on the kulda situation? cause he could make things interesting too. not that i expect him to step in and be amazing, but another left hand dman that COULD be a top 6 guy will help our depth. especially if we consider moving hainsey

also derek meech has looked solid imo... he's a pretty sound overall player, not going to wow you but is certainly not a liability

sometimes tough decisions have to be made. and if the organization feels that hainsey wont be around next year, or if were offered a decent deal. i think we have to take it. it could have zero effect on the team or it could backfire huge. but thats just how pro sports are. someone will be moved at the deadline. and id say theres a pretty good chance its a defenceman

Old
03-13-2013, 06:53 PM
DEANYOUNGBLOOD17

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flying High View Post
Someone else can play Hainseys minutes? Do tell who this mysterious defencemen is.
Some one is not the mysterious Someone is Enstrom. And a mixture of the next guy on the depth chart. What would happen if he got hurt U would move on with the next best option.

Karlsson for Ottawa is not replaceable. but Ottawa is moving forward towards making the playoffs. again trading Hainsey is not the end of the world. he is 95% gone at the end of the season as a UFA IMO

I think Chevy is going to trade. U think otherwise. Okay. Lets wait and see

Old
03-13-2013, 07:17 PM
truck
HFB Partner

vCash: 495
Quote:
Originally Posted by GoldenJet89 View Post
overall i tend to agree with dean. I dont know if any one player will step in and take hainseys role immediately per say... but once toby is back we have a decent mix of guys at our disposal.

anyone have word on the kulda situation? cause he could make things interesting too. not that i expect him to step in and be amazing, but another left hand dman that COULD be a top 6 guy will help our depth. especially if we consider moving hainsey

also derek meech has looked solid imo... he's a pretty sound overall player, not going to wow you but is certainly not a liability

sometimes tough decisions have to be made. and if the organization feels that hainsey wont be around next year, or if were offered a decent deal. i think we have to take it. it could have zero effect on the team or it could backfire huge. but thats just how pro sports are. someone will be moved at the deadline. and id say theres a pretty good chance its a defenceman
I really thought Meech looked shaky and I wouldn't read anything into the plus 2.

He and Stu were thoroughly outshot and struggled with clearing the O zone.

Old
03-13-2013, 07:32 PM
SCP Guy

We can't let any UFA walk away for nothing that could bring a 2nd round pick at this point in the teams development. If we are only being offered a 4th round pick for a UFA and are in the playoff race then sure say no....But if we have a UFA that has not agreed to an extension and they would fetch a 2nd rounder or more me MUST make the deal IMHO no matter where we are in the standings.

I think this is how TN is thinking as they know it is a long process to build a winner from within an organization and assets can't be squandered in the early stages of the build up.

Old
03-13-2013, 07:45 PM
untouchable21
You've been TROUBA'D

Quote:
Originally Posted by SCP Guy View Post
We can't let any UFA walk away for nothing that could bring a 2nd round pick at this point in the teams development. If we are only being offered a 4th round pick for a UFA and are in the playoff race then sure say no....But if we have a UFA that has not agreed to an extension and they would fetch a 2nd rounder or more me MUST make the deal IMHO no matter where we are in the standings.

I think this is how TN is thinking as they know it is a long process to build a winner from within an organization and assets can't be squandered in the early stages of the build up.
Exactly. If Hainsey and Antropov are both intending on testing the UFA waters, and each could fetch a 2nd or a 2nd +, the JETS have to do it. Imagine what an additional two 2nd rounders could do in efforts to trade back into the latter part of the 1st.

Any additional picks could be the difference between having more Lowry/Kosmachuk like prospects in the system. Something the Organization needs is to start churning out some quality players at all positions.

Old
03-13-2013, 07:56 PM
umwoz

You'd think we have stockpiled enough picks to move up, but Chevy hasn't shown any semblance of an aggressive GM, so I'm not expecting it.

If we're picking in the 14-18 range, I don't think it would take a ton to move up to around 8-10 and take someone like Monahan(likely NHL ready) or Shinkaruk.

Old
03-13-2013, 08:17 PM
untouchable21
You've been TROUBA'D

Quote:
Originally Posted by umwoz View Post
You'd think we have stockpiled enough picks to move up, but Chevy hasn't shown any semblance of an aggressive GM, so I'm not expecting it.

If we're picking in the 14-18 range, I don't think it would take a ton to move up to around 8-10 and take someone like Monahan(likely NHL ready) or Shinkaruk.
I don't know. Why would another team in that range pass up on Monahan or whoever and move down 8 - 10 spots to pick "possibly" a lesser prospect? All for additional 2nd/3rd round picks. For that to happen, it would take a GM to fall in love with a player that might be considered a reach and will almost certainly still be available 8-10 picks later. In my opinion, it would take a perfect storm for that to unfold for the JETS.

If it were the JETS, I wouldn't be happy trading out of a slot where they were in a position to draft a Monahan or Lindholm type.

Old
03-13-2013, 08:34 PM
Jet
Chevel-takesadayoff

Quote:
Originally Posted by SCP Guy View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by untouchable21 View Post
Exactly. If Hainsey and Antropov are both intending on testing the UFA waters, and each could fetch a 2nd or a 2nd +, the JETS have to do it. Imagine what an additional two 2nd rounders could do in efforts to trade back into the latter part of the 1st.

Any additional picks could be the difference between having more Lowry/Kosmachuk like prospects in the system. Something the Organization needs is to start churning out some quality players at all positions.
I absolutely disagree with this.

If you keep Hainsey and Antropov and they help us win a couple of playoff games, that is $$$ in True North's pocket. You add that to the 7+ million those players free up if they sign elsewhere and you are talking good money to resign a couple of veteran replacements.

This off season should be excellent for a team like Winnipeg who will have cap space and dollars to spend as teams work to become cap compliant.

The LA Kings showed you can do anything once you make the playoffs. So did the Canes (and the Oilers) in 06. Why rob Peter to pay Paul?

You get a couple of draft picks for Antro and Hainsey. Fine. What guarantee that those are going to become ANYTHING that helps this team?

The whole theory of 'getting something for an impending UFA' is overrated.

03-13-2013, 08:38 PM
JetsHomer

I'd rather have Hainsey for a playoff push than get what is essentially a 30% chance of getting a player that might one day make the NHL. This isn't a top player that will get a huge return here.

Old
03-13-2013, 08:43 PM
Sweech
COYS!

Quote:
Originally Posted by umwoz View Post

If you're that other team trading down why do you make that trade?

Closed Thread