HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Nashville Predators
Notices

In the System Part III (All Preds minor league and prospect talk)

Closed Thread

Old
03-07-2013, 12:07 AM
adsfan

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by CantbeatzPekka View Post
Ill post this here too

Why did Cory Conacher only play 5 games with the Admirals? Was that the terms of his tryout in 2010-11? He scored 3 goals 2 assists in those 5 games. I dont know why we didnt sign him after that stint. He has been tearing it up with the Lightning recently and is a calder candidate.
It was the end of the AHL season and after his senior college season at Cansius. He also played 2 games for Rochester and 3 for the Cincinnati Cyclones. Cory played in 7 of 13 playoff games for Milwaukee, and did almost nothing. I think that 0 for the playoffs sealed his fate. He had 1 assist and 6 PIMS.

That team had Josi, Blum, Bourque, Halischuk, Spaling, Mueller and MVG on it.

Old
03-07-2013, 12:10 AM
CantbeatzPekka
Weber/Jones/Josi

Quote:
Originally Posted by adsfan View Post
It was the end of the AHL season and after his senior college season at Cansius. He also played 2 games for Rochester and 3 for the Cincinnati Cyclones. Cory played in 7 of 13 playoff games for Milwaukee, and did almost nothing. I think that 0 for the playoffs sealed his fate. He had 1 assist and 6 PIMS.

That team had Josi, Blum, Bourque, Halischuk, Spaling, Mueller and MVG on it.
ahh ok thanks, I couldnt find any info past the 5 regular season games he played for the Ads. Its a shame we didnt ride it out with him, he would be a nice piece to have through all this.

Old
03-07-2013, 12:27 AM
adsfan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kritty View Post
Curious what the word is on Anthony Bitetto? Sounding like he may be another defenceman unearthed by the Preds.
He is the one D-man from Cincinnati that stuck with Milwaukee. Aronson and COR didn't stay. He has 5 A in 23 games with +2 and 27 PIMs. He is a steady stay at home D-man who throws some checks. He is 6'2" and 205 pounds. I have heard him described as the funniest guy in the Milwaukee locker room. Not a fighter or a scorer so far in Milwaukee. He gives a good effort every game. Wingers don't go around him on the outside. He has good positioning at all times. He blends in at the AHL level as a rookie player. I expect improvement in his game with time. Probably 2 more years from playing in the NHL. He has been on the #3 pair.

Old
03-07-2013, 09:42 AM
barrytrotzsneck
Retired Global Mod

He's a long island kid, and has the accent to show for it.

He sounds like My Cousin Vinny.

Old
03-07-2013, 05:54 PM
Oilers Chick
Hockey's Future Staff

Greetings Preds fans!

Just wanted to give you all a heads up for a congrats that's in order.

Jimmy Vesey has been named the Ivy League Rookie of the Year.

This shouldn't come as a real surprise since he has led the Ivies in rookie scoring for much of the year. FYI, he could potentially win the ECAC ROTY as well, since he has either led or has been one of the top freshmen in the conference all season long.

BTW, you all can read more about Vesey's Ivy League ROTY honor HERE.

Old
03-07-2013, 07:29 PM
barrytrotzsneck
Retired Global Mod

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oilers Chick View Post
Greetings Preds fans!

Just wanted to give you all a heads up for a congrats that's in order.

Jimmy Vesey has been named the Ivy League Rookie of the Year.

This shouldn't come as a real surprise since he has led the Ivies in rookie scoring for much of the year. FYI, he could potentially win the ECAC ROTY as well, since he has either led or has been one of the top freshmen in the conference all season long.

BTW, you all can read more about Vesey's Ivy League ROTY honor HERE.
I was very pleasantly surprised by his puck skills at the WJCs and the one game I saw Harvard play this year.

He was advertised as a grinder, but I didn't really see that element of his game...more of a playmaking skill guy.

Old
03-10-2013, 09:16 PM
adsfan

Quote:
Originally Posted by OurGocIsAnAwesomeGoc View Post
He's a long island kid, and has the accent to show for it.

He sounds like My Cousin Vinny.
Yeahhh! He's a yute from Longuyland.

Old
03-12-2013, 04:23 AM
kypredsfan
Weber is OUR captain

Quote:
Originally Posted by adsfan View Post
Yeahhh! He's a yute from Longuyland.

Old
03-13-2013, 11:46 AM
danyhabsfan

I have Nashville in a mock draft on the Habs board.

Can you give me what type of player you'd like to draft this year (need) or you'd take the BPA?

Old
03-13-2013, 12:05 PM
BigFatCat999
I love GoOoOlD

Quote:
Originally Posted by danyhabsfan View Post

Can you give me what type of player you'd like to draft this year (need) or you'd take the BPA?
Nashville traditionally goes best player available. Poile also has a tradition of bouncing back and forth between defense and offense. Depth chart wise, Defensemen are backing up in Milwaukee. Nashville has two prospects in the ECHL which are defensemen. They also have 4 dmen in the Junior/NCAA/Europe ranks. RW is a bulk position with Leipsic, Sissions, Budish, Gortz. LW no clue what they have. They are still developing.

C is the best bet.

Old
03-13-2013, 01:33 PM
barrytrotzsneck
Retired Global Mod

Quote:
Originally Posted by danyhabsfan View Post

Badly need a top six C or RW.

Old
03-13-2013, 01:50 PM
Paranoid Android
ERMAHGERD

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigFatCat999 View Post
Nashville traditionally goes best player available. Poile also has a tradition of bouncing back and forth between defense and offense. Depth chart wise, Defensemen are backing up in Milwaukee. Nashville has two prospects in the ECHL which are defensemen. They also have 4 dmen in the Junior/NCAA/Europe ranks. RW is a bulk position with Leipsic, Sissions, Budish, Gortz. LW no clue what they have. They are still developing.

C is the best bet.
I thought Leipsic played center on that dominate Winterhawks line?

I'd say we have a pretty equal need in every position. Our D pool is weak by Poile standards. Forwards are on the weak side as per usual, especially high end scoring ones. Could even use another G (but only a late pick).

Old
03-13-2013, 02:04 PM
BigFatCat999
I love GoOoOlD

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paranoid Android View Post
I thought Leipsic played center on that dominate Winterhawks line?
It's all over the ****ing place. I have three different positions based on 3 different websites.

Same with Colton Sissons. He was C/LW then RW.

Let's just say 'Forward'

Old
03-13-2013, 02:07 PM
barrytrotzsneck
Retired Global Mod

Leipsic mostly played LW on that line. Ty Rattie was the C most of the time.

Old
03-13-2013, 02:11 PM
Seth Lake

Send a message via AIM to Seth Lake
Per Patten Fuqua, who has credentials in Nashville and has been credentialed in Milwaukee as well, Chris Mueller has been instructed to meet the team in Vancouver. Recall likely announced tomorrow AM.

Old
03-13-2013, 02:13 PM
barrytrotzsneck
Retired Global Mod

Quote:
Originally Posted by SLake View Post
Per Patten Fuqua, who has credentials in Nashville and has been credentialed in Milwaukee as well, Chris Mueller has been instructed to meet the team in Vancouver. Recall likely announced tomorrow AM.
With Gaustad likely out tomorrow, I guess that tells us all we need to know about the likelihood of Boychuk getting back into the lineup.

Shame.

Old
03-13-2013, 02:24 PM
Joe T Choker
Roll Wide Roll

Quote:
With Gaustad likely out tomorrow, I guess that tells us all we need to know about the likelihood of Boychuk getting back into the lineup.

Shame.
a no loss pick up ... confirms that DP didn't put together that great of a team in the offseason (zero depth on offense)

Old
03-13-2013, 02:30 PM
Top 6 Spaling

Of course Boychuck is done here. He scored a goal! There is no place for that kind of hockey in Nashville!

I think Mueller will be nice to have though.

Old
03-13-2013, 02:34 PM
Preds33

Quote:
Originally Posted by Top 6 Spaling View Post
Of course Boychuck is done here. He scored a goal! There is no place for that kind of hockey in Nashville!

I think Mueller will be nice to have though.
Seriously. It kills me to see these kids benched when they look like they could have something. Benching like that prevents any kind of consistency in their play.

Old
03-13-2013, 02:59 PM
Paranoid Android
ERMAHGERD

Quote:

Shame.
I'd say it has more to do with Mueller being able to play center. Boychuk will need to displace a winger in the lineup to get some action. Smith and Spaling are working too well together to break them up.

He could take Yip's spot, but to be honest a line of Clune-Mueller-Boychuk looks like a scary liability to me. Yip at least brings some experience and size.

Old
03-13-2013, 03:24 PM
Huffman

So, Åberg's season ended today. Could he head over to play some in the AHL?

Old
03-13-2013, 03:55 PM
glenngineer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Preds33 View Post
Seriously. It kills me to see these kids benched when they look like they could have something. Benching like that prevents any kind of consistency in their play.
Looks like he has something? He has a case of falling down all over the ice is what he has. He deflected a Weber shot and got a goal. That's great but what else did he do on the ice? He got pushed off the puck all the time. He laid maybe one check on somebody. Didn't beat people to the puck. He's not a speedster. He's not a banger. A kid that's 6' and 190 lbs. that doesn't have any standout abilities is a body on the ice. He couldn't score on a line with Malkin and Neal and that's why he's no longer in Pittsburgh. He's not really doing anything here to impress me either. I've watched Mueller when he's played for us and he's out there banging and hustling. He goes to the net.

I know it's not always fair to assess a guy from a few games but Boychuk and Butler really haven't shown me much other than a flash here or there and for a team that is struggling as much as we are offensively, a flash here or there isn't what we need. We need a constant flame from somebody. Case in point, Hali was abysmal all season. He took a flight to Milwaukee, played his butt off, came back and had his best game of the year last night. I have a funny feeling that's what we will see from him the rest of the season. The other two are out there on the ice and while it's good not to stand out from a defenseman's point of view, you want your forwards to stand out and they're just not doing that.

I'm a tough sell sometimes and if they were doing stuff that made me go, nice pickup, I'd say it. And while we're on that, Bartley hasn't been great but he hasn't been bad either. He's been solid if nothing else and plays a simple effective game. Reminds me a little of Zanon with better puck handling skills but a little less physical. He doesn't stand out but like I said earlier, that's good for a defenseman.

Old
03-13-2013, 03:59 PM
barrytrotzsneck
Retired Global Mod

Quote:
Originally Posted by perry2perry View Post
So, Åberg's season ended today. Could he head over to play some in the AHL?
I don't think so. You don't see that kind of thing very often unless the player is going to be there the following season (Niklas Jensen, for example.)

Aberg is staying in Sweden next season, so I imagine the chances of him coming over for a few months in the AHL are slim.

Old
03-13-2013, 04:02 PM
barrytrotzsneck
Retired Global Mod

Quote:
Originally Posted by AtrickhayOrnqvistpay View Post
Looks like he has something? He has a case of falling down all over the ice is what he has. He deflected a Weber shot and got a goal. That's great but what else did he do on the ice? He got pushed off the puck all the time. He laid maybe one check on somebody. Didn't beat people to the puck. He's not a speedster. He's not a banger. A kid that's 6' and 190 lbs. that doesn't have any standout abilities is a body on the ice. He couldn't score on a line with Malkin and Neal and that's why he's no longer in Pittsburgh. He's not really doing anything here to impress me either. I've watched Mueller when he's played for us and he's out there banging and hustling. He goes to the net.

I know it's not always fair to assess a guy from a few games but Boychuk and Butler really haven't shown me much other than a flash here or there and for a team that is struggling as much as we are offensively, a flash here or there isn't what we need. We need a constant flame from somebody. Case in point, Hali was abysmal all season. He took a flight to Milwaukee, played his butt off, came back and had his best game of the year last night. I have a funny feeling that's what we will see from him the rest of the season. The other two are out there on the ice and while it's good not to stand out from a defenseman's point of view, you want your forwards to stand out and they're just not doing that.

I'm a tough sell sometimes and if they were doing stuff that made me go, nice pickup, I'd say it. And while we're on that, Bartley hasn't been great but he hasn't been bad either. He's been solid if nothing else and plays a simple effective game. Reminds me a little of Zanon with better puck handling skills but a little less physical. He doesn't stand out but like I said earlier, that's good for a defenseman.
You said you were unimpressed with him after that Edmonton game, but I'm not sure how you could have been. He was probably our best overall forward outside of Wilson. He was making plays every time he was on the ice. Trotz gave him a good review after that game, but something soured in the Minnesota game. He and Butler were both essentially benched for half the game, and he hasn't played since.

This isn't the first time Trotz has had a distaste for a latecoming player that he wasn't necessarily involved with the acquisition of, despite playing pretty well--Bochenski, Vishnevsky, Boyd.

Trotz likes to go with who he knows\respects. His giddiness over getting Yip back into the lineup makes that pretty evident.

Old
03-13-2013, 04:30 PM
Paranoid Android
ERMAHGERD

Looking at some Aberg stats... he finished 15th in his league's scoring and #1 on his team with 40 points in 52 games. He is the only teenager on the top 25 leaderboard, with only a couple of other 21/22 year olds. Everyone else is in their prime age (24-30). He also managed to stay healthy all year, which was a concern in his draft year.

Draft mate Filip Forsberg scored 33 in 38 playing in the same league (45 point pace), so not too shaby being able to keep up with the 11th overall, highly touted pick (Forsberg is still a much more complete player though). Another draft year comparable, Collberg, played 15 games in the league and only notched 8 points (27 point pace). He played mostly in the SEL though (9 points in 35 games).

Overall, looked like a solid year for Aberg.

Closed Thread