HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

KOZLOV over RoBeiro????

Old
07-29-2006, 12:35 PM
habs_1962

vCash: 500
KOZLOV over RoBeiro????

Since Vicotor Kozlov is still free agent. I am wondering how much it would cost for Bob to sign him and maybe ship Robeiro and Abei for draft choice or perhaps Eric Brewer in St-Louis. The question is Would Victor be an upgrade to Robeiro??

habs_1962 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-29-2006, 12:36 PM
Madevilz

Quote:
Originally Posted by habs_1962 View Post

Since Vicotor Kozlov is still free agent. I am wondering how much it would cost for Bob to sign him and maybe ship Robeiro and Abei for draft choice or perhaps Eric Brewer in St-Louis. The question is Would Victor be an upgrade to Robeiro??
no Viktor is lazy slub, for once, Id prefer having Ribs.

Madevilz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-29-2006, 12:40 PM
Habsy

Kozlov is a bigger version of Ribeiro. At least Ribeiro will try and impress Carbonneau, Kozlov is a sieve.

Habsy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-29-2006, 12:41 PM
habsprospects
Irresponsible User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habsy View Post
Kozlov is a bigger version of Ribeiro. At least Ribeiro will try and impress Carbonneau, Kozlov is a sieve.

Habs Prospects website
habsprospects is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-29-2006, 12:43 PM
maniac

Quote:
well said

maniac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-29-2006, 12:49 PM
KaptainKourage*

Ribeiro >>>>>>>>>> Kozlov

KaptainKourage* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-29-2006, 12:51 PM
Chris Chelios

We already have Bonk right?

Chris Chelios is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-29-2006, 12:52 PM
wholeshow*

Quote:
so is eric brewer. what a bad idea.

wholeshow* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-29-2006, 12:56 PM
GSK*

People underated Ribeiro. Yeah he's lazy, but i still rather love an lazy guys from QC then from Russia. Of course Ribs didnt play a great season but hey 51 points is 51 points. In 2003-2004, he was the best foward of the team with Ryder on his line, so 65 points was not horrible.

Viktor Kozlov is a slug since 1995. He never did anything in NHL. He got one offensive season, of 70 points with 53 assists.

And ask me why of these 53 assists ? Oh Pavel Bure was scoring 58 goals that year.

He suck offensivly and he's lazy *** pround of it.

Ribeiro >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Kozlov

Just let a change to Ribs.

GSK* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-29-2006, 01:02 PM
HabuseMoi

Quote:

come on... it's RIBEIRO

HabuseMoi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-29-2006, 01:09 PM
habs_1962

I just dont think that Ribs is the answer for our second line... Maybe he will prove a lot of people wrong and I certainely hope so.... But ... how about Daze does he play a little center or is he strickly RW... I know he gets hurt but he might be worth taking a chance and he is French so a lot of people might be happy just for that....

habs_1962 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-29-2006, 01:10 PM
Talent Analyst

Quote:
Originally Posted by GSK View Post
People underated Ribeiro. Yeah he's lazy, but i still rather love an lazy guys from QC then from Russia. Of course Ribs didnt play a great season but hey 51 points is 51 points. In 2003-2004, he was the best foward of the team with Ryder on his line, so 65 points was not horrible.

Viktor Kozlov is a slug since 1995. He never did anything in NHL. He got one offensive season, of 70 points with 53 assists.

And ask me why of these 53 assists ? Oh Pavel Bure was scoring 58 goals that year.

He suck offensivly and he's lazy *** pround of it.

Ribeiro >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Kozlov

Just let a change to Ribs.

Agree

Talent Analyst is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-29-2006, 01:23 PM
Kirk Muller*

Kozlov is garbage.

Kirk Muller* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-29-2006, 01:25 PM
HabuseMoi

Quote:
I just dont think that Ribs is the answer for our second line... Maybe he will prove a lot of people wrong and I certainely hope so.... But ... how about Daze does he play a little center or is he strickly RW... I know he gets hurt but he might be worth taking a chance and he is French so a lot of people might be happy just for that....
Daze is finished

maybe at 600k for 1 year and one year option for the team at 2 millions, something like that

Old
07-29-2006, 01:34 PM
habsfan44

Quote:

kozlov is a hump , maple leaf material , and the only way rebeiro gets traded is if gainey gets an offer he can't refuse and i don't see that happening any time soon btw rebeiro isn't as bad as some people make him out to be , and i think vishnevski would be an upgrade on the blueline moreso than brewer .

habsfan44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-29-2006, 01:57 PM
habsfan44

Quote:
i agree , ribeiro is not the answer for the second line , so why not put him on the first line . reasons: 1. imo this is his put up or shut up year . give him the ball and let him run with it , if he stumbles and falls then gainey will have his answer and will act accordingly , if he performs then the team is the winner . secondly , with koivu on the second line he will be able to avoid playing against the other teams top checkers and then we might see an increase in production from him and maybe even a little less time spent in sick bay . just a thought ,if nothing else at least it will give us some definitive answers on rebeiro and his role on the team .

Old
07-29-2006, 02:12 PM
Whitesnake
Habs of steel

Thought about Kozlov as well at one point but that is truly my obsession to get a tall centerman. Once I stop doing it, I realize that it has no purpose at all and not when Ribs seems to become Carbo's little project, once Ribs seems to understand it's do or die for him, and once he will have a chance to play with two proven players.

I don't think we're about to win the Cup, though we're definately have a great bunch of guys to work with, I would then stick with him for sure.

Same apply to Bonk, thought about buying him out and then thought he can't do worse offensively and when healthy, did provide some good defensive work.

Whitesnake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-29-2006, 02:21 PM
Teufelsdreck

Quote:
Originally Posted by habsfan44 View Post
i agree , ribeiro is not the answer for the second line , so why not put him on the first line . reasons: 1. imo this is his put up or shut up year . give him the ball and let him run with it , if he stumbles and falls then gainey will have his answer and will act accordingly , if he performs then the team is the winner . secondly , with koivu on the second line he will be able to avoid playing against the other teams top checkers and then we might see an increase in production from him and maybe even a little less time spent in sick bay . just a thought ,if nothing else at least it will give us some definitive answers on rebeiro and his role on the team .
What would the first line be? After you've done that, state which line you think the opposing checkers would be assigned to. If you identify the first line as Higgins-Ribeiro-Ryder, I assure you it would receive less attention than Samsonov-Koivu-Kovalev. If you identify it as Higgins-Koivu-Ryder, a line of Samsonov-Ribeiro-Kovalev would still draw more attention. Maybe Carbonneau should just stick to his original plan of Samsonov-Ribeiro-Kovalev until it shows it doesn't click.

Teufelsdreck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-29-2006, 02:43 PM
Habsy

Quote:

Also, the question you need to ask yourself is, "Why is Kozlov still available"?

Answer: He blows goats, we have proof.

Habsy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-29-2006, 05:25 PM
habsfan44

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teufelsdreck View Post
What would the first line be? After you've done that, state which line you think the opposing checkers would be assigned to. If you identify the first line as Higgins-Ribeiro-Ryder, I assure you it would receive less attention than Samsonov-Koivu-Kovalev. If you identify it as Higgins-Koivu-Ryder, a line of Samsonov-Ribeiro-Kovalev would still draw more attention. Maybe Carbonneau should just stick to his original plan of Samsonov-Ribeiro-Kovalev until it shows it doesn't click.
sorry , samsonov-rebeiro-kovalev would be the first line

Old
07-29-2006, 08:32 PM
Toro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teufelsdreck View Post
u said that before i could....

i agree carbo should and probably will(unless he gets new players in a trade ) go with:

Samsonov Ribs Kovalev
Higgins Koivu Ryder
Perezhoghin Pleks Johnson
Begin Bonk Murray

Toro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-29-2006, 09:07 PM
HabuseMoi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toro View Post
u said that before i could....

i agree carbo should and probably will(unless he gets new players in a trade ) go with:

Samsonov Ribs Kovalev
Higgins Koivu Ryder
Perezhoghin Pleks Johnson
Begin Bonk Murray
Behold our new first line center

Ribeiro

=)

Old
07-29-2006, 09:14 PM
Montreal CH

I must say...I don't understand why everytime people debate about Ribeiro, I always read remarks on how he is lazy or people just don't like him...

I don't think that's true and these comments are far from the point of the debate...

Ribeiro is small, and not only in height like Bouillon, but really a lightweigh. He is slow on his skates. He has a weak shot. He is also below-average in his own zone.

Finally, Ribeiro isn't a first line center in this league and can only play on a second line, not very versatile.

It's not about his character, he just doesn't fit what our team needs, a team already filled with many small forwards...so, why not keep it at that?

Btw, Kozlov is the type of player that doesn't deserve to play for the Montreal Canadiens and I'm sure he isn't a Gainey type of player either.

Montreal CH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-29-2006, 09:39 PM
Slick Nick

I don't like Kozlov at all, I'd be upset if the Habs signed him.

Slick Nick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-29-2006, 10:44 PM
Teufelsdreck

IMO Gainey will upgrade the center position one day by replacing Ribeiro. However, there's no reasonable way for him to do it today because rival GMs--even those with cap problems--don't want to trade a better center for a worse one. So is frustration over not being able to find an upgrade over Ribeiro a reason to replace him with a cure that's worse than the disease?

Teufelsdreck is offline   Reply With Quote