HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > St. Louis Blues
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Blues Trade Proposals Part 4

Closed Thread

Old
03-11-2013, 09:10 PM
Crafton
Liver-Eating Johnson

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alklha View Post
I also wonder how interested we are in Andrej Šustr, every team in the League will at least talk to him and most will offer him a contract... but I think we might be in a good position to get him in St. Louis.
Quote:
Originally Posted by PerryTurnbullfan View Post
Why do you believe Sustr will have interest here? Don't get me wrong...I would love to have him. What advantage do you see that we have for him?
i'd like to hear more about this as well.

Old
03-13-2013, 11:36 AM
bleedblue1223
OMAHA!!!

vCash: 130
Apparently Strickland thinks we could still consider moving Stewart. His value is high, but I don't buy it because when he is on, he brings something to the ice that no one else does, something that we hope Tarasenko brings.

Old
03-13-2013, 12:18 PM
ExJbeck

vCash: 500
I will say that if Oshie is out for the season that I would be interested in Gio/Jaybo + Iglina.

Old
03-13-2013, 12:21 PM
2 Minute Minor
Hi Keeba!

Quote:
Originally Posted by bleedblue1223 View Post
Apparently Strickland thinks we could still consider moving Stewart. His value is high, but I don't buy it because when he is on, he brings something to the ice that no one else does, something that we hope Tarasenko brings.
If he's traded (and the Blues, when healthy, still do have the winger depth to entertain trading him), I have a few criteria.

1) MUST be to the East. I don't want Chris Stewart skating around at Scottstrade Center breaking our hearts with his backhand multiple times a year.

2) The return has to be THE GUY. This means either a #1C that can bump Backes down a line, or a top pairing quality partner for Pietro making that duo into one of the most elite (maybe THE most elite) defensive pairings in the league.

If that's the return, I think you could make a case for the trade. But I rather think the Blues want to keep him.

Old
03-13-2013, 12:34 PM
Blue Goose
"Hockey Transplant"

Quote:
Originally Posted by bleedblue1223 View Post
Well, it's Strickland so it must be true...

Old
03-13-2013, 12:34 PM
Bluesman91

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2 Minute Minor View Post
If he's traded (and the Blues, when healthy, still do have the winger depth to entertain trading him), I have a few criteria.

1) MUST be to the East. I don't want Chris Stewart skating around at Scottstrade Center breaking our hearts with his backhand multiple times a year.

2) The return has to be THE GUY. This means either a #1C that can bump Backes down a line, or a top pairing quality partner for Pietro making that duo into one of the most elite (maybe THE most elite) defensive pairings in the league.

If that's the return, I think you could make a case for the trade. But I rather think the Blues want to keep him.
Pretty much my thoughts as well. Don't want Stewart wrecking us like he did when he was on the Avs. But I'd rather keep Stewart.

Old
03-13-2013, 12:39 PM
OCTA8ON*

Strickland says the dumbest ****ing **** sometimes. Doug Armstrong specifically coveted a premier power forward, and now that we have the one that we wanted, Strickland is suggesting that we trade him? I know we have holes on this team, but parting with Stewart only creates another hole up front and that's a talented forward they can count on to light the lamp, and teams need more than one of them. Wow Strickland…let's not try sparking trade rumors only to have Chris Stewart somehow hear about them and affect his game that he's been working so hard to improve.

Last edited by OCTA8ON*: 03-13-2013 at 12:45 PM.
Old
03-13-2013, 12:50 PM
Bluesman91

Quote:
Originally Posted by OCTA8ON View Post
Strickland says the dumbest ****ing **** sometimes. Doug Armstrong specifically coveted a premier power forward, and now that we have the one that we wanted, Strickland is suggesting that we trade him? I know we have holes on this team, but parting with Stewart only creates another hole up front and that's a talented forward they can count on to light the lamp, and teams need more than one of them. Wow Strickland…let's not try sparking trade rumors only to have Chris Stewart somehow hear about them and affect his game that he's been working so hard to improve.
I'm sure Hitch and Army have both complimented Stewy many times this year on his effort and attitude. I think if anything, Stewy would call Strickland a dumbass haha

Old
03-13-2013, 12:57 PM
OCTA8ON*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluesman91 View Post
I'm sure Hitch and Army have both complimented Stewy many times this year on his effort and attitude. I think if anything, Stewy would call Strickland a dumbass haha
Yeah, you're right. I just get super pissed when Strickland puts out such ridiculous statements. Let's go ahead and trade one of our 2 premier power forwards because the LA kings showed in the playoffs that power forwards don't help you win games or anything, right?

Old
03-13-2013, 01:05 PM
2 Minute Minor
Hi Keeba!

Quote:
Yeah, you're right. I just get super pissed when Strickland puts out such ridiculous statements. Let's go ahead and trade one of our 2 premier power forwards because the LA kings showed in the playoffs that power forwards don't help you win games or anything, right?
Doesn't mean they wouldn't entertain trading him. Schwartz' emergence as a legit top 6 forward, sooner rather than later, allows the team to have more flexibility with trading a winger. Sure, I agree, Stewart has a lot of value and I want him on the team. But if he can net the kind of return that brings a player just as (or MORE) valuable to the Blues then I think he could still be traded.

The other option is to get that player(s) as an UFA in the off-season. That's an expensive strategy, and the Blues aren't likely to win a lot of those bidding wars. It failed last off-season, and I doubt their chances would be a lot higher.

However, I do think you're right that the team is unlikely to make this trade. I think Armstrong will probably trade off young assets or picks and end up getting a less "premier" type guy at the trade deadline.

Old
03-13-2013, 01:10 PM
bleedblue1223
OMAHA!!!

The only plausible and realistic reason would be money, but I would think our financial situation is not nearly that bad.

Old
03-13-2013, 01:11 PM
OCTA8ON*

Quote:
Doesn't mean they wouldn't entertain trading him. Schwartz' emergence as a legit top 6 forward, sooner rather than later, allows the team to have more flexibility with trading a winger. Sure, I agree, Stewart has a lot of value and I want him on the team. But if he can net the kind of return that brings a player just as (or MORE) valuable to the Blues then I think he could still be traded.

The other option is to get that player(s) as an UFA in the off-season. That's an expensive strategy, and the Blues aren't likely to win a lot of those bidding wars. It failed last off-season, and I doubt their chances would be a lot higher.

However, I do think you're right that the team is unlikely to make this trade. I think Armstrong will probably trade off young assets or picks and end up getting a less "premier" type guy at the trade deadline.
Yeah, I see what you're saying. I think if anything, teams should learn from what the King's did during last year's playoffs, and how important big, strong, skilled forwards are for those playoffs series. If we want to become more like LA, we should keep as many of those forwards as possible. Also, if anyone remembers watching Chicago win the cup, you saw how important Dustin Byfuglien was. He literally just went to the net, and no one was able to stop him because he was so big.

Old
03-13-2013, 02:13 PM
MattyMo35
Schwartz Be With You

Army's not just going to hand Chris Stewart away for picks/prospects(unless he has unreasonable contract demands at the draft, then I suppose it's possible). He gave up a former number 1 overall draft pick to acquire him(and Shatty ) he's not going to just drop him. If he's going anywhere, it's for a legit, long term solution to the #1LHD problem, or, possibly a number 1 center(though I think that's less likely).

Old
03-13-2013, 02:52 PM
STL Blues Fan

Dear god no, please don't trade Stewart. If any of our top guys I would consider trading Backes right now.

Old
03-13-2013, 04:21 PM
BlueDream

Quote:

I highly doubt Jaden Schwartz has any effect on Stewart....

The Blues better hold onto him. Find it hard to believe they would be a better team without him. Would much rather have Stewart than that defenseman.

Old
03-13-2013, 04:44 PM
OCTA8ON*

Not judging the trade itself, but I think its possible that the blues end up with Regehr. At least that's better than Bouwmeester.

I'm okay with trading D'agistini. He has been invisible this year.

Old
03-13-2013, 04:50 PM
Bluesman91

Quote:
Not judging the trade itself, but I think its possible that the blues end up with Regehr. At least that's better than Bouwmeester.

What makes this assumption? Did I miss something? lol

Old
03-13-2013, 04:53 PM
sh724

Dreger was talking on NHLN about the potential for the Blues to trade Stewart so its not just Strickland. He really didnt provide any insight other than to say the Blues have been looking for a defensman all season and they did have interest in Kulemin from Toronto

Old
03-13-2013, 04:54 PM
OCTA8ON*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluesman91 View Post
What makes this assumption? Did I miss something? lol
I'm not assuming anything. I just stated that its possible because TheFourthPeriod's source says that Regehr is expected to be moved before the deadline seeing as how the Sabres are basically out of the race in the east, and the Blues are one of the handful of teams looking for a defensemen. You can bet that Army has at least looked into him, but like I said before, I'm not judging at this point whether Army should go after him or not.

Old
03-13-2013, 04:59 PM
HooliganX2

Quote:
Originally Posted by sh724 View Post
Dreger was talking on NHLN about the potential for the Blues to trade Stewart so its not just Strickland. He really didnt provide any insight other than to say the Blues have been looking for a defensman all season and they did have interest in Kulemin from Toronto
Everything Army has said since last season pretty much indicates he wants to keep Stewart Dreger also just talks out of his ass at times like Strickland. It's pretty much to try to create a story when they have no real proof.

Old
03-13-2013, 04:59 PM
Blue Goose
"Hockey Transplant"

Quote:
I'd be very happy with Regehr. But he has a NMC, and there's a lot of buzz about him being re-united with Sutter in Los Angeles. If he hits UFA this summer, we should be in on him. JayBo is playing great under Hartley in Calgary - he should stay put.

Quote:
Splitting time between the press box and the bottom 6 of a defense-first team will do that to an offensive player. I can only imagine how great he would be if we actually gave him a shot in the Top 6, preferably playing LW. Unfortunately due to our depth, there's no real spot for him there, so he should be dealt.

But if Oshie's injury is serious, my hope is that Hitch will finally give him a chance in the Top 6 - I'd love to see what Dags could do on a line with our only healthy "playmaker" (Schwartz):

Perron-Berglund-Stewart
Schwartz-Backes-Dags

Why not?

Old
03-13-2013, 05:00 PM
HooliganX2

Quote:
I'm not assuming anything. I just stated that its possible because TheFourthPeriod's source says that Regehr is expected to be moved before the deadline seeing as how the Sabres are basically out of the race in the east, and the Blues are one of the handful of teams looking for a defensemen. You can bet that Army has at least looked into him, but like I said before, I'm not judging at this point whether Army should go after him or not.
Regehr has been bad and is just as slow as Redden.

Old
03-13-2013, 05:37 PM
STL Blues Fan

Trade Backes, Elliot, and a pick for Eric Stall and a later pick.

Old
03-13-2013, 05:40 PM
Bluesman91

Quote:
Originally Posted by STL Blues Fan View Post
Trade Backes, Elliot, and a pick for Eric Stall and a later pick.
Don't think they are trading Eric after just trading for Jordan.

Old
03-13-2013, 07:43 PM
bleedblue1223
OMAHA!!!

Regehr wouldn't be an upgrade over Redden. Regehr is very slow and Chicago and LA would just fly right past him. I'd prefer JayBo over him.

As for the Backes talk on here, he isn't being traded. I don't think the average fan realizes how much we ask of him. We expect him to shutdown the opponent's top line, play physical, lead, and depending on his linemates, he has to be the goal scorer too. Oshie is not much of a scorer, more of a creater. Schwartz is the same way, so it makes a lot of sense in putting Stewart with him, and if Tarasenko was healthy, maybe he would get a shot too.

He is still on pace for 54 points, the same amount as last season. He has not been great, but he has not been nearly as bad as some people here think.

Blues fans seem to have an obsession with blaming some of the top players for anything and everything, when in reality they are not that bad. Backes, Jackman, Berglund, and Perron have been victims of this IMO. I'll admit that I'm not the biggest Perron fan and sometimes might go a bit too far.

Closed Thread