HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Detroit Red Wings
Notices

Has Tatar earned more ice time???

Old
03-05-2013, 05:05 PM
Vladdy84
L-O-Y-A-L-T-Y

vCash: 500
Lets see if he can get more than 9 minutes TOI tonight!

Vladdy84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-06-2013, 06:05 AM
14ari13

Tatar got one shift with Datsyuk.
Babcock ruuuuuuulllllllllllllleeeeeeeeeeees.
But seriously, I am happy even with one shift. We will see if he gets some more next game.

14ari13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-06-2013, 07:15 AM
Zetterberg4Captain

maybe Datsyuk needs to say listen babcock I am f'ning Pavel Datsyuk do as you're told and put Tatar on my line..

Last edited by Zetterberg4Captain: 03-06-2013 at 10:08 AM.
Zetterberg4Captain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-06-2013, 09:28 AM
TKB

vCash: 433
Quote:
Originally Posted by nik jr View Post

i don't think it is just that abdelkader and cleary are weak offensive players, datsyuk is also not as involved in the offensive zone b/c the line is just grinding on the boards. is this the best way to use datsyuk?

plus, toews line was not really shut down, it just happened not to score b/c of luck and howard.
Okay, but when Babcock sat down to consider his line-up and match-up options against the Hawks, do think that he might have considered that goaltending was one (if any) of the edges that he might have been able to use against Coach Q?

The Hawks goaltending has been very good this year, but If you look at the rosters, where else do we potentially have an advantage?

TKB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-06-2013, 11:31 AM
Big Poppa Puck
Bring back JTG!

I'm surprised he hasn't been sent to Grand Rapids yet since he botched that 2 on 1.

Big Poppa Puck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-06-2013, 12:33 PM
Winger98
powers combined

Send a message via Yahoo to Winger98
Quote:
Originally Posted by nik jr View Post
question is whether cleary and abdelkader and the loss of offense are necessary for that. datsyuk was still very effective with homer, who was arguably the worst ES top 6 player in the NHL. last season, datsyuk's line with bertuzzi and franzen was rarely scored on at ES until datsyuk got injured.

i don't think it is just that abdelkader and cleary are weak offensive players, datsyuk is also not as involved in the offensive zone b/c the line is just grinding on the boards. is this the best way to use datsyuk?

plus, toews line was not really shut down, it just happened not to score b/c of luck and howard.
I'm not sure it will matter who we put with Datsyuk right now, I think he's still going to try to shoulder everything and force it a bit in the offensive zone. I just don't see Tatar-D-Cleary as being that much better than Gator-D-Cleary.

Defensively, outside of putting Z on one of the wings, the only other guy who I think is better than Gator/Cleary strictly defensively is Miller. I don't see Miller as any sort of upgrade offensively, though.

I'm not against changing some of the lines around, it can't exactly hurt, but I'm not seeing it as being a huge deal. I think our team, at ES, is just going to struggle offensively until we get some guys back. But when we get some guys back, we could find a position for Tatar that would include more minutes.

03-06-2013, 06:41 PM
Frk It
#FireHolland

Thought this was in interesting tid-bit in an mlive article I read the other day (see bolded). Though there is not a direct quote from Babcock that backs this opinion expressed in the same article.

Quote:
Babcock has resisted juggling his lines, opting to keep struggling Justin Abdelkader (one assist in 22 games) with Pavel Datsyuk rather than place rookie Tomas Tatar (four goals, seven points) on the unit.

Tatar's defensive shortcomings make Babcock hesitant to play him against top lines.

“We're not as good a team as we want to be, but we think we're making significant strides,'' Babcock said. “There's been times when you had lineup changes because of injuries (and) it took you a couple of days to adjust, but for the most part I think things have gone pretty well.

Frk It is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-06-2013, 06:45 PM
Harnessed in Slums

Tatar's been awesome on Andersson's line and he's also getting solid PP time. I think he's being used pretty well by Babcock. If we want to add a big body to Pavs' line my opinion all along has been that it should be Sheahan.

Harnessed in Slums is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-06-2013, 06:47 PM
Frk It
#FireHolland

Quote:
Originally Posted by fabricoh View Post
Tatar's been awesome on Andersson's line and he's also getting solid PP time. I think he's being used pretty well by Babcock. If we want to add a big body to Pavs' line my opinion all along has been that it should be Sheahan.
I think if we brought him up it would be best to play him in the bottom 6. I think he could make our bottom 6 better right now. I just don't know if he would be an effective top 6 player offensively right now.

Frk It is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-13-2013, 11:15 AM
BinCookin

Apparently not

BinCookin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-13-2013, 06:59 PM
The Zetterberg Era
Nyquist Explosion!

vCash: 515
Tatar just said he doesn't think he or Gus should be down there anymore but that is how things operate and they understand during the first intermission interview. Has a good attitude about being there, but I did think it interesting he thinks Gus deserves a chance. Was surprised they sent him down when being honest, but they signed guys going into the season, excited to bring his family over for games next year.

The Zetterberg Era is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-13-2013, 07:19 PM
Brick Top
eeeehhhhhhhhhhh

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Zetterberg Era View Post
Tatar just said he doesn't think he or Gus should be down there anymore but that is how things operate and they understand during the first intermission interview. Has a good attitude about being there, but I did think it interesting he thinks Gus deserves a chance. Was surprised they sent him down when being honest, but they signed guys going into the season, excited to bring his family over for games next year.
Tats has been in the Wings system long enough to know how Kenny plays the prospect game. And he's correct- given the Wings inability to score goals, both Tats and Gus should be up with the Wings.

And you didn't expect him to say anything like "it's ****ing bull**** that Gus got the call up and I was sent down while stiffs like Cleary and Abby are killing the lineup," did you? Seems like he made the case as tactfully as possible that he and Gus should both be with the Wings (something most rational fans also think).

It's a credit to him for not just tossing out a mindless "well, the organization knows best, blah blah blah" line. I like that he's willing to speak his mind and not just use the tired hockey cliches.

Brick Top is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-14-2013, 12:18 AM
detredWINgs

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Zetterberg Era View Post
You know Nyquist and Tatar probably have incessant conversations via text or the like about how retarded it is that the Wings are a mediocre team this year and yet they STILL aren't getting their deserved time with the big boys.

detredWINgs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-14-2013, 01:01 AM
GT500x
Im OK where we're at

They should be relishing the time they spend on the ice not facing the other team's top defenders. Sure playing with Datsyuk is probably rewarding but it comes at a price too,, and that price -could- be getting shut down on the top line and looking like you don't belong there. So them not playing on Dats' line isn't killing me.

GT500x is offline   Reply With Quote