HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Jake Gardiner Unhappy?

Old
03-13-2013, 04:46 PM
roboninja
EYG

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by bobbyflex View Post
so where are we at with this thread? Kulemin + Gardiner for Eberle?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hennig View Post
Yep.
In your dreams and my nightmares.

roboninja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-13-2013, 04:48 PM
Hennig
It was 4-1.

vCash: 1684
Quote:
Originally Posted by OilCanada92 View Post
Whoever said that was dumb. Kadri has lots of potential only reason he was ever talked as a "bust" was because the chances of Wilson ruining a young prospect.
Yes definitely, either stupid or just blind with leaf hate. I know I'm in the minority but having Wilson as a coach when Kadri was still young was a blessing in disguise. Him sending Kadri down with Eakins to help hin work on his two way game, and also in a lot of other ways was great for Nazems development.Whether it was intentional or not, (personally I don't think it was) Wilson's bad decisions deserve some credit.

Hennig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-13-2013, 05:50 PM
GenericFan2*

Time to start the "Fire Carlyle!" chants tbh.

GenericFan2* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-13-2013, 06:08 PM
Atomos2
#theProspectsGrim

Quote:
Originally Posted by roboninja View Post
In your dreams and my nightmares.
Funny, thats what I was about to say about this

Quote:
Originally Posted by nofool6110 View Post
I think Gardiner should take his talents with Mr. Schultz in Edmonton.

Atomos2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-13-2013, 07:10 PM
TheMadHatTrick

#FreeGardiner

Quote:
Originally Posted by topchowda View Post
I disagree to when Oil fans say Gardiner is bottom pairing. He is more proven then Klefbom and probaly better currently. But Klefbom has progressed nicely and is younger

Is the first stand alone? like 1st round pick in 6-11 range for Gardiner?. Id do that depending on who was available and the status of our center position
You guys should just keep your pick and draft Nurse. That kid is going to be a stud D-man.

Last edited by spiny norman: 03-13-2013 at 10:02 PM. Reason: consecutive
TheMadHatTrick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-13-2013, 07:23 PM
Inverted

You don't trade players like Gardiner for futures; undetermined picks and wait on it to develop which would take another 3-5 years, especially if you're team is in the playoffs and competing. Gardiner will be with the Leafs for along time, he could join the roster early as next game against the Penguins and hopefully all these rumors will be put to rest.

Inverted is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-13-2013, 07:29 PM
lebdafor norris
sleepy

Quote:
Look up Dustin Nielson's tweets on the draft. Or some scouting reports. Point is, everyone is underrating Klefbom while overrating Gardnier in these proposals. Yes they are different drafts, but during the chances of the Oilers decisions over Yakapov or Murray, many scouts Dustin Nielson talked SAID if Klefbom was in this years draft he would have been picked out over Murray and Rielly(for those who are sensitive on typos). If you want to take the time and find the tweets go ahead. Also, saying he isn't gonna be a solid defense man because he's in a Swedish mens league is a insult to the Great "Monster" the leaf media hyped up. Paajarvi, Lander, and Larsson are Swedish young players who are doing rather well for their age. I wouldn't underrate Klefbom just yet.

http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/sh...php?p=51457761 probably find it in here.
And the Toronto Maple Leaf`s scouts and Brian Burke himself had Reilly as the 1st overall pick in the 2012 draft, this things should be taken with grain and salt I`m pretty sure if EDM were to offer klefbom for Rielly straight up, leafs decline without even giving a second though.

lebdafor norris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-13-2013, 07:35 PM
theguyinside*

Gardiner, like most Leaf players are under valued.

As much as I hate it, I would let Luongo go for Gardiner. We all know LU is worth more than Gardiner, but the Canucks need some help. Maybe if they add Kadri we can give up our 3rd or 4th.

So Gardiner + Kadri for LU + 3rd/4th

Kadri is a great player, but has a lot more to prove than just 20 or so games. Gardiner is off a major concussion so it is risky for VAN.

Seems pretty fair.

theguyinside* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-13-2013, 07:41 PM
Guy Boucher

Quote:
Originally Posted by theguyinside View Post

As much as I hate it, I would let Luongo go for Gardiner. We all know LU is worth more than Gardiner, but the Canucks need some help. Maybe if they add Kadri we can give up our 3rd or 4th.

Kadri is a great player, but has a lot more to prove than just 20 or so games. Gardiner is off a major concussion so it is risky for VAN.

Seems pretty fair.
Wow. Your generosity is truly boundless. Kadri for a 3rd or 4th? Where do we sign?

Guy Boucher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Hennig
It was 4-1.

vCash: 1684
Quote:

Seems pretty fair.
Personally, I wouldn't do Kadri or Gardiner alone for Lou. We don't need Lou anymore, I'm sure every leaf fan agrees with me.

Last edited by Hennig: 03-13-2013 at 07:46 PM.
Hennig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Burnt Biscuits

Quote:
Whoever said that was dumb. Kadri has lots of potential only reason he was ever talked as a "bust" was because the chances of Wilson ruining a young prospect.
Personally I thought he was going to be a bust the high end talent was obvious but he seemed to value style over substance as a young player and didn't have a strong enough commitment to the defensive game, I didn't think he had the character to overcome his deficiencies mostly from the way he presented himself and how he spoke in his interviews (not enough personal owning up to his shortcomings), I could see some similarities to Schremp. I did watch him play probably 2-3 games every year in the AHL and it became pretty clear he was improving and becoming a much better player, I think somewhere around mid-season of last year I really felt he improved enough that he was highly likely to play at the NHL level, but I have to say I'm shocked he's put up the kind of numbers he has this season. I think given Kadri's draft position and the way management/his coach was talking about him, plus his play in the WJC before that, there was ample reason to doubt him and wouldn't consider anyone an idiot for doing so, he found his way into a lot of proposals on these boards and if people thought he was capable of playing as well as he has this year that definitely would not of been the case, well atleast from the Toronto side of things. Kudos to Kadri for working his butt off and becoming a player of note that many teams would love to have, though I'm guess I'm still a bit of hater I forget who was comparing him to Gilmour but when I read the quote I almost gagged on my drink. Hater's gonna hate I guess

Gardiner is interesting and the appeal/idea of slotting him next to Schultz is very tempting, but I'm a big proponent that we need more veteran's on our roster if we are going to get anywhere anytime soon, I believe there is a maximum number of young players you can simultaneously develop without stunting one of the young players growth or hurting their confidence by putting them in situations they are unlikely to succeed in.

I'm sure there is some twisted Oiler fans who would love to see us starting next season with a defensive corps of:

Gardiner- J. Schultz
Smid- Petry
Klefbom- Teubert

to me that is just a recipe for disaster. On a young team on the upswing two seems like a good number for defensemen you are developing simultaneously (read less than 200 games played) on the big club, maybe 3 if they are some truly exceptional ones mixed in there but anymore than that is just getting stupid.

Burnt Biscuits is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-13-2013, 07:52 PM
Numbers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hennig View Post
Personally, I wouldn't do Kadri or Gardiner alone for Lou. We don't need Lou anymore, I'm sure every leaf fan agrees with me.
You may disagree about this after the next 7 games. You guys play Pit, Tampa, and Bos twice. Oh and the Jets who just beat you guys 5-2 last night. I think that Reimer/Scrivens are going to get lit up. Now since Toronto has shown success they need to make the playoffs, this creates the perfect storm leading right up to the trade deadline. Just wait for it and look at Nonis face in the next couple of weeks

Numbers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-13-2013, 08:01 PM
Inverted

Quote:
Originally Posted by Numbers View Post
You may disagree about this after the next 6 games. You guys play Pit, Tampa, and Bos twice. Oh and the Jets who just beat you guys 5-2 last night. I think that Reimer/Scrivens are going to get lit up. Now since Toronto has shown success they need to make the playoffs, this creates the perfect storm leading right up to the trade deadline. Just wait for it and look at Nonis face in the next couple of weeks
Both Reimer and Scrivens have played well through the halfway mark. Sure they've hit a rough patch but if you were to actually watch last few games, you wouldn't blame those losses solely on goaltending. Even if Nonis does plan on upgrading the goaltending I doubt it will involve players like Kadri, Gardiner, JVR, Frattin. He has said this numerous times "Will not trade young players for an older player for short term success"

Inverted is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-13-2013, 08:05 PM
Confucius

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guy Boucher View Post
Wow. Your generosity is truly boundless. Kadri for a 3rd or 4th? Where do we sign?
I was going to say
Speaking of Lu, wonder what kind of contract he would get offered if he were a U F A this summer? Does anyone think he would get a 9 year 50 million dollar deal?

Confucius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-13-2013, 08:06 PM
Numbers

Quote:
Originally Posted by H0MER View Post
Both Reimer and Scrivens have played well through the halfway mark. Sure they've hit a rough patch but if you were to actually watch last few games, you wouldn't blame those losses solely on goaltending. Even if Nonis does plan on upgrading the goaltending I doubt it will involve players like Kadri, Gardiner, JVR, Frattin. He has said this numerous times "Will not trade young players for an older player for short term success"
I don't think he would trade Kadri or JVR. I could see Frattin being dealt possibly. I can see Gardiner being traded for sure, especially with Reilly in the pipeline. If Nonis trades for Luongo it won't be for short term success, you get a very good 5-6 years out of him. You see how Nonis placed his words it can be interpreted multiple ways, so that he has excuses later.

Old
03-13-2013, 08:07 PM
Avim86

MPS for Gardiner makes sense.

Avim86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-13-2013, 08:10 PM
Numbers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stix and Stones View Post
I was going to say
Speaking of Lu, wonder what kind of contract he would get offered if he were a U F A this summer? Does anyone think he would get a 9 year 50 million dollar deal?
No he would probably get a 5 year 30-35 million dollar deal. Use Getzslaf deal as example.

Old
03-13-2013, 08:13 PM
Dark Knight
#TheStroShow

Quote:
Originally Posted by Avim86 View Post
MPS for Gardiner makes sense.
No it doesn't.

We're going to keep Gardiner and along with Rielly he'll make our D one of the better skating ones in the league.

03-13-2013, 08:13 PM
Man Bear Pig

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack de la Hoya View Post
I'm a bit surprised a TML fan responded favorably there--Gunnarsson seems a bit heavy for a "+"

Ironically, such a deal would leave the Flyers with perhaps too many defenseman--and still no #1.

Timonen (for one more year)
Coburn
Gardiner
Schenn
Grossmann
Gunnarsson
(others)

Do you think Gardiner's point production as a rookie defenseman is a good indication of how his career will turn out?
It's harder to find a potential number one center than it is to find a first pairing dman. I wouldn't wanna give up Gunnar, I think he's very underrated but getting Couturier would be too tempting.

Man Bear Pig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-13-2013, 08:15 PM
Man Bear Pig

Quote:

Seems pretty fair.
Fair?

Old
03-13-2013, 08:15 PM
Confucius

Quote:
No he would probably get a 5 year 30-35 million dollar deal. Use Getzslaf deal as example.
That's about what I was thinking. And that would mean the team that got him would not have given up any assets. Still trying to figure out why almost everybody wants to trade some type of asset for him and then pay him way more than could get as a U F A

Old
03-13-2013, 08:17 PM
Numbers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stix and Stones View Post
That's about what I was thinking. And that would mean the team that got him would not have given up any assets. Still trying to figure out why almost everybody wants to trade some type of asset for him and then pay him way more than could get as a U F A
Your not paying him more, his cap hit is 5.3million. Doubt a team with his rights would just let him hit UFA. Your point makes no sense lol.

Old
03-13-2013, 08:21 PM
Confucius

Quote:
Your not paying him more, his cap hit is 5.3million. Doubt a team with his rights would just let him hit UFA. Your point makes no sense lol.
He is currently owed about 50 million but could only make about 40 if he was a U F A

Old
03-13-2013, 08:25 PM
Ewan McGregor

vCash: 622
13 pages over a hashtag. Are you people that old you don't know how twitter works?

Ewan McGregor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-13-2013, 08:32 PM
Man Bear Pig

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ewan McGregor View Post
13 pages over a hashtag. Are you people that old you don't know how twitter works?
Yet you posted anyway...