HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Carolina Hurricanes
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Canes at Caps, 3/12 7:00PM

Old
03-13-2013, 11:40 AM
Anton Dubinchuk
Danny Markov

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by geehaad View Post
I won't call you wrong, because there is so much that is absolutely right about this post, but I disagree that Nash slammed his stick on the ice. He did no such thing. He didn't even tap it as hard as McBain does when he wants a pass, so the word "slam" has no place in a description of what Nash did.
I agree, I saw someone said Nash slammed his stick so I went back and watch the replay, that's simply false. Dude let his stick fall to the ice, no force but the force of gravity.

Anton Dubinchuk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-13-2013, 11:50 AM
sticknpuck

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyingSquirrels View Post
Leave it up to this board to turn a game thread into a conversation about Chantel's box.

Way to go boys!
Giggity.

sticknpuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-13-2013, 11:57 AM
canesfan

Quote:
Originally Posted by WoodGundy View Post
Someday when Nash gets a real hat trick, he will be glad his first wasn't into an empty net.
This. Hat tricks should be earned, not given. Nothing I hate more than someone claiming a hat trick on an unopposed empty netter. Should be like baseball where stolen bases are not credited for catcher's indifference.

canesfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-13-2013, 12:04 PM
Sasha Cares
28 mph!!!!!!!

Hell all the Canes hat tricks seem to involve an ENG

Sasha Cares is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-13-2013, 12:08 PM
Joe McGrath

Quote:
Originally Posted by canesfan View Post
This. Hat tricks should be earned, not given. Nothing I hate more than someone claiming a hat trick on an unopposed empty netter. Should be like baseball where stolen bases are not credited for catcher's indifference.
Then you can take it a step further, when the goalie screws up its an error, and no points are awarded on the play. Won't that be fun?

Joe McGrath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-13-2013, 12:11 PM
ONO94

Quote:
Originally Posted by What the Faulk View Post
"This is my box. There are many like it, but this one is mine.
My box is my best friend. It is my life. I must master it as I must master my life.
My box, without me, is useless. Without my box, I am useless."

This one's for fighting, this one's for...

HOLY sidetrack Batman!!!

ONO94 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-13-2013, 01:06 PM
Carolinas Identity
This is ARRGH State!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ONO94 View Post
This one's for fighting, this one's for...
Hey! Taht's what my Rifle and my Gun are for

Carolinas Identity is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-13-2013, 01:20 PM
StormCast

Quote:
Originally Posted by What the Faulk View Post
"This is my box. There are many like it, but this one is mine.
My box is my best friend. It is my life. I must master it as I must master my life.
My box, without me, is useless. Without my box, I am useless."
Sound off like you got a pair (of glasses).

Oh and the Nash stick-slap? Never happened. He tapped his stick as it went it the net like an exclamation point.

StormCast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-13-2013, 02:28 PM
rocky7
Run 'n' Gun

vCash: 581
Quote:
Originally Posted by dammit100 View Post
Got a confirmation that the prank call was real.
If this is in fact true, it's ridiculous. Not likely to happen again you would think. Idiots!

rocky7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-13-2013, 03:22 PM
tarheelhockey
Global Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe McGrath View Post
Then you can take it a step further, when the goalie screws up its an error, and no points are awarded on the play. Won't that be fun?
What if we gave team credit but NOT individual credit for ENG?

tarheelhockey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-13-2013, 04:49 PM
totalkev

Quote:
Originally Posted by tarheelhockey View Post
Yes, from now on, instead of just counting how many, we're going to have judges that award goals based on degree of difficulty, game situation, and how nice a smile the goal scorer has.

C'mon guys, all goals are equal. If it gives you a "1" on the scoreboard, it counts. Now as for assists, don't get me started.

I think fluke goals should be unassisted. Corvo's goal off Holtby's noggin? Unassisted. Pacioretty's dump in that bounced past Cam? Unassisted.

But goals are goals. You can't mess with goals.

totalkev is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-13-2013, 06:56 PM
rocky7
Run 'n' Gun

vCash: 581
Quote:
Originally Posted by totalkev View Post
Yes, from now on, instead of just counting how many, we're going to have judges that award goals based on degree of difficulty, game situation, and how nice a smile the goal scorer has.

C'mon guys, all goals are equal. If it gives you a "1" on the scoreboard, it counts. Now as for assists, don't get me started.

I think fluke goals should be unassisted. Corvo's goal off Holtby's noggin? Unassisted. Pacioretty's dump in that bounced past Cam? Unassisted.

But goals are goals. You can't mess with goals.
Yep goals are goals and assists are assists. You can't mess with any of it. Even on flukes, the goal scorer has been given a pass that put him into a shooting position most often. How do you define a fluke? Nah, it's fine. Other things that could use some change. Look at that ENG the other night by Tlusty from Ellis and Semin. He worked hard and burned the defenseman there. He earned that goal and it was set up nicely as well.

rocky7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-13-2013, 07:01 PM
Joe McGrath

Quote:
Originally Posted by tarheelhockey View Post
Someone put the puck in the net during regulation. Someone needs to get credit. Do we want to have it so that a goalie would never gets credit for a goal?

Joe McGrath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-13-2013, 08:41 PM
canesfan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe McGrath View Post
No problem with empty net goals counting as a goal, just saying I don't like hat tricks on empty net goals especially when someone passes them the puck just so they can get it. Seems like a bit of an empty accomplishment.

canesfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-13-2013, 08:42 PM
NorthStar4Canes

Quote:
I won't call you wrong, because there is so much that is absolutely right about this post, but I disagree that Nash slammed his stick on the ice. He did no such thing. He didn't even tap it as hard as McBain does when he wants a pass, so the word "slam" has no place in a description of what Nash did.

But yeah, I totally agree that Dwyer probably simply had a one-track mind with that puck, then immediately regretted not trying to get it to Nash, and I agree that this simply proves that there is no stone that this board is not willing to turn over in the attempt to find something negative in an overwhelmingly positive outcome.
Don't think he slammed his stick either, and agree with the rest. If Dwyer had fed Nash for the EN we would have already been hearing about Illegitimate Hat Tricks here.

I expect the troops have already handled it, Nash drinks free for life on Dwyer's tab or some other appropriate measure.

NorthStar4Canes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-13-2013, 09:53 PM
gocanes88
I heart Forslund

Quote:
Originally Posted by canesfan View Post
No problem with empty net goals counting as a goal, just saying I don't like hat tricks on empty net goals especially when someone passes them the puck just so they can get it. Seems like a bit of an empty accomplishment.

gocanes88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-13-2013, 10:55 PM
LadyCane

Quote:
Originally Posted by NorthStar4Canes View Post
Don't think he slammed his stick either, and agree with the rest. If Dwyer had fed Nash for the EN we would have already been hearing about Illegitimate Hat Tricks here.

I expect the troops have already handled it, Nash drinks free for life on Dwyer's tab or some other appropriate measure.
I'm personally picturing a scene a lot like the one in Super Troopers, when the cops get ahold of Farva.

LadyCane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-13-2013, 11:29 PM
bleedgreen

Quote:

But yeah, I totally agree that Dwyer probably simply had a one-track mind with that puck, then immediately regretted not trying to get it to Nash, and I agree that this simply proves that there is no stone that this board is not willing to turn over in the attempt to find something negative in an overwhelmingly positive outcome.
I certainly didn't mean it with such negative connotations. Merely as a life long player myself, I think he should give that puck in that situation especially since it was such a big lead and you never know Nash will ever get another chance. I definitely saw the look on dwyers face after, he regretted it. Nash wasn't IMO pissed like he was actually upset, but he was definelty hoping for the puck and disappointed for just a moment which is a totally appropriate feeling. I'm sure he could truly care less two seconds later. As far as empty net goals not "counting", I think that's crap and I'm sure Nash wouldn't mind an empty net at all just to say he got an NHL hat trick. They were all off the crossbar by the time he tells the grand kids about it. I wasn't looking for anything negative to find, just laughing in the moment. If it was me I would've chopped him on the laces for not giving it up, he just had to throw it in space in front of him. I've had teammates not give me that puck in the name of making the right play, but I still gave them hell for it!

Wasn't trying to make an actual fuss. I'm sure Dwyer got it good in the locker room.

bleedgreen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-14-2013, 02:02 AM
totalkev

Quote:
Originally Posted by rocky7 View Post
Yep goals are goals and assists are assists. You can't mess with any of it. Even on flukes, the goal scorer has been given a pass that put him into a shooting position most often. How do you define a fluke? Nah, it's fine. Other things that could use some change. Look at that ENG the other night by Tlusty from Ellis and Semin. He worked hard and burned the defenseman there. He earned that goal and it was set up nicely as well.
You got Tlusty's two goals on Saturday night mixed up. His empty net goal was assisted by Semin and Staal, who both made up-ice passes with the intent of making a play at the opponent's goal.

The Tlusty from Semin-Ellis you're thinking of was the goal early in the second period that made it 3-1. And Ellis deserved every bit of that assist, catching the Devils in a line change and hitting Semin in stride at the Jersey blue line.

Old
03-14-2013, 03:21 AM
Roboturner913

I can't believe you all are still talking about this.

Dwyer more than earned that goal with the game he had and if he even tries to make a pass it gets intercepted. Nash's stick tap wasn't anything more than "alright, that's the game."

I'm sure they might have some kind of kangaroo court set up for scenarios like this but that's just for fun. I don't think anybody could actually have a serious beef with Dwyer's choice on that play.

Roboturner913 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-14-2013, 03:38 AM
totalkev

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roboturner913 View Post
I can't believe you all are still talking about this.

Dwyer more than earned that goal with the game he had and if he even tries to make a pass it gets intercepted. Nash's stick tap wasn't anything more than "alright, that's the game."

I'm sure they might have some kind of kangaroo court set up for scenarios like this but that's just for fun. I don't think anybody could actually have a serious beef with Dwyer's choice on that play.
What would you like to talk about?