HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Marian Gaborik

Closed Thread

Old
03-13-2013, 09:14 PM
Lundsanity30

vCash: 500
I'm really trying to understand the whole Gaborik is fragile talk from RANGER fans.

76 games his first year, then 67 games his 2nd year including the playoffs, then he played 102 games last season. I swear I could see why Wild fans would say Gaborik is injury prone but Ranger fans?

Old
03-13-2013, 09:15 PM
Lundsanity30

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zenith View Post
I don't think that line was dominant at all. The only 'dominant' line I have seen this season is Hagelin/Stepan/Nash. Which, for some reason, was broken up.

Put Richards and Gaborik back together. Please.
the first week of the season, that was the only line scoring. I do agree with Hagelin-stepan-Nash, and putting Gaborik back with Richards.

Old
03-13-2013, 09:18 PM
Lundsanity30

We really need to pick up a solid LW for the 2nd line so that Gaborik can move back to RW.

Hagelin-Stepan-Nash
LW-Richards-Gaborik
Pyatt-Miller-Callahan
Asham/Haley/Powe-Halpern-Boyle (something like that)

Old
03-13-2013, 09:25 PM
JohnC
#FreeSteve

The only game I thought Gabs-Rich-Nash looked good was game 3 against the B's. But even then it was only just good

Old
03-13-2013, 09:42 PM
dethomas07

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lundsanity30 View Post
We really need to pick up a solid LW for the 2nd line so that Gaborik can move back to RW.

Hagelin-Stepan-Nash
LW-Richards-Gaborik
Pyatt-Miller-Callahan
Asham/Haley/Powe-Halpern-Boyle (something like that)
we need kreider to slot in there and bring his a game.. thats whats the issue this year.. we thought since he played well in the playoffs it would be easy to trade AA dubi for nash.. hopefully he tears it up in the A for a few more games and we bring him up and he could slot in there..

Old
03-13-2013, 10:36 PM
Heyoooo*

Good point about Kreider.

Kreider is a potential x-factor in all of this line juggling. Too bad he has yet to demonstrate hes ready. Thatd certainly help in slotting Gaborik back to RW.

Old
03-13-2013, 10:54 PM
Ryan McDonut
McD for Captain

richards and gaborik have had zero chemistry this season. i dont see how putting a struggling gabby back with a subpar richards is going to help anything.

Old
03-13-2013, 10:56 PM
Lundsanity30

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryan McDonut View Post
richards and gaborik have had zero chemistry this season. i dont see how putting a struggling gabby back with a subpar richards is going to help anything.
because they clicked last season? sooner or later, you're just going to have to live and die with your best lines.

Old
03-14-2013, 01:53 AM
ck20

vCash: 50
Quote:
I'm really trying to understand the whole Gaborik is fragile talk from RANGER fans.

76 games his first year, then 67 games his 2nd year including the playoffs, then he played 102 games last season. I swear I could see why Wild fans would say Gaborik is injury prone but Ranger fans?
I'd be willing to bet ~40% of those were while injured. He played just about all of last year's playoffs injured and most of the 10-11 season was injured too (in addition to missing 20 games). After watching the guy play for (going on) 4 seasons now and seeing him play while injured and not injured, it's hard not to link/see similarities between his current level of play to his play while injured.

I haven't been able to catch any Whale games since Kreider got sent back down, but he's scored in almost every game except maybe 3-4. Hopefully the trip back lit a fire under him and he should end up back with the Rangers for playoffs again.

Old
03-14-2013, 01:58 AM
ck20

Quote:
because they clicked last season? sooner or later, you're just going to have to live and die with your best lines.
And last season has (next to) nothing to do with this season. Kreider was supposed to go beastmode, he didn't. Gaborik and Richards were supposed to be the go-to guys while Nash was their compliment, they aren't. Our best line this season is Hagelin-Stepan-Nash, all day every day and twice on Sundays. You can't live and die by what happened last season, especially when it's only killing you. You have to at least try something different.

Old
03-14-2013, 09:15 AM
zuckera1

I like the Hagelin-Stepan-Nash line, I feel like Nash plays better without Richards or Gaborik because he doesn't feel the need to "spread the wealth" with them. Not sure how else to describe it.

Put Gaborik with Richards and Callahan, Callahan's hard working style makes up for Gaborik and we've gotta hope Richards can set Gaborik up. They had SOME chemistry last year, though not a lot, we have to hope they can get some going this year

Old
03-14-2013, 09:27 AM
NYR Viper

Quote:
Originally Posted by zuckera1 View Post
I like the Hagelin-Stepan-Nash line, I feel like Nash plays better without Richards or Gaborik because he doesn't feel the need to "spread the wealth" with them. Not sure how else to describe it.

Put Gaborik with Richards and Callahan, Callahan's hard working style makes up for Gaborik and we've gotta hope Richards can set Gaborik up. They had SOME chemistry last year, though not a lot, we have to hope they can get some going this year
Gaborik doesn't seem to mesh well with anyone right now.

Old
03-14-2013, 09:30 AM
Jabroni
The People's Champ

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYR Boyler87 View Post
Gaborik doesn't seem to mesh well with anyone right now.
I think Gaborik needs his shoulder to mesh with the rest of his body. He's clearly playing with some sort of nagging issue with his shoulder.

03-14-2013, 09:33 AM
qwertyaas
LGR@

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jabroni1994 View Post
I think Gaborik needs his shoulder to mesh with the rest of his body. He's clearly playing with some sort of nagging issue with his shoulder.
That's what im thinking too. He's very reluctant to shoot or make any sort of contact plays - much more so than last season.

Old
03-14-2013, 10:55 AM
Welke94

Heres my input. Gabby should not be traded unless we get a solid 2 line LW, prospect, and a 1st/2nd rd pick. It has been consistant throughout his career that he has a solid season followed by a sub par season and we saw that 2 years ago. If we dont get that package in return, I dont believe there is much to worry about. Next year will be an up year for him if his career long trend continues, not to mention it will be a contract year. If he plays the hockey that he is capable of, he can really help this team for a deep run in the playoffs.

Old
03-14-2013, 11:28 AM
SoftEuro4thLiner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Welke94 View Post
Heres my input. Gabby should not be traded unless we get a solid 2 line LW, prospect, and a 1st/2nd rd pick. It has been consistant throughout his career that he has a solid season followed by a sub par season and we saw that 2 years ago. If we dont get that package in return, I dont believe there is much to worry about. Next year will be an up year for him if his career long trend continues, not to mention it will be a contract year. If he plays the hockey that he is capable of, he can really help this team for a deep run in the playoffs.
Except, it has not. http://www.nhl.com/ice/player.htm?id...vid=nhl-search

Old
03-14-2013, 11:30 AM
Bob Richards
Mr. Mojo Risin'

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoftEuro4thLiner View Post
Yeah, I was going to say: History disagrees with him.

03-14-2013, 11:56 AM
KreiMeARiver*
Have Confidence

My question is this:

Why take a struggling player in Gaborik, (who has proven he's mentally fragile), and stick him at a position (LW) that he's not comfortable with?

I understand that he's trying to optimize his lines, but I mean...I don't see how it's going to spark Gaborik. Perhaps Torts views Gaborik as almost a spare part winger, at this point.

Old
03-14-2013, 12:57 PM
chosen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Welke94 View Post
Suggestions like this trade always make me laugh. If another team was offering the Rangers Gaborik for what you suggest, you would scream fo r the Rangers to not make that deal.

At his salary he is worth far less than that in a trade.

Old
03-14-2013, 01:02 PM
Zuuuuc

We can all see Torts prefers Nash and Callahan ahead of Gaborik on the RW and Gaborik isn't himself on the LW, and I think that could be causing his frequent disappearing acts. If we can bring Zucca back, put a third line of Zuc - Miller - Gaborik and that way Gaborik would not only have a passer but also face third pair D. The only problem would be, who plays 2nd line LW?

Old
03-14-2013, 01:08 PM
peanutbuttacallytime
#therightway

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jabroni1994 View Post
This. He simply is not healthy...he gets pushed off the puck so easily, and isn't dominant while handling the puck like he has been in the past. When he gets some room (4-3 OT winner vs Isles) you can see how he is still dangerous, but he simply isn't himself

Old
03-14-2013, 01:18 PM
Bleed Ranger Blue

Quote:
Originally Posted by peanutbuttacallytime View Post
This. He simply is not healthy...he gets pushed off the puck so easily, and isn't dominant while handling the puck like he has been in the past. When he gets some room (4-3 OT winner vs Isles) you can see how he is still dangerous, but he simply isn't himself
Excuses, Excuses, Excuses - more excuses for Gaborik. Its at the point where theres too much baggage and not enough production to warrant his $7.5M price tag for too much longer. And I dont mean baggage in the traditional sense like hes a malcontent. I mean that it sure seems like conditions needs to be perfect in order for Gaborik to consistently produce. Lets see...

-needs to play right wing
-needs to be 100% healthy, usually isnt
-cant create on his own (unless healthy, usually isnt - or at least thats the excuse)
-disappears in overtly physical games, as the playoffs usually are
-wrong side of 30 - depends heavily on speed

We see this as Ranger fans. What makes you thinks 29 other teams dont see this? And what makes you think they're going to give up a huge package for a player who certainly appears to be on the decline?

Last edited by Bleed Ranger Blue: 03-14-2013 at 01:24 PM.
Old
03-14-2013, 01:21 PM
NYR Viper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bleed Ranger Blue View Post
Excuses, Excuses, Excuses - more excused for Gaborik. Its at the point where theres too much baggage and not enough production to warrant his $7.5M price tag for too much longer. And I dont mean baggage in the traditional sense like hes a malcontent. I mean that it sure seems like conditions needs to be perfect in order for Gaborik to consistently produce. Lets see...

-needs to play right wing
-needs to be 100% healthy, usually isnt
-cant create on his own (unless healthy, usually isnt - or at least thats the excuse)
-disappears in overtly physical games, as the playoffs usually are
-wrong side of 30 - depends heavily on speed

We see this as Ranger fans. What makes you thinks 29 other teams dont see this? And what makes you think they're going to give up a huge package for a player who certainly appears to be on the decline?
Here's a question:

What will Iginla get if he is traded at the deadline? Easily a 1st +.

Gaborik is younger and is signed for another year (something most teams would covet). What would he bring back?

Old
03-14-2013, 01:23 PM
Brian Boyle
portnor, pls

vCash: 659
Quote:
Here's a question:

Gaborik is younger and is signed for another year (something most teams would covet). What would he bring back?
Iginla.

Rangers Unlimited
Hockey Graphs
Old
03-14-2013, 01:31 PM
Bleed Ranger Blue

Quote:
Here's a question:

A 1st +, or a young top 6 forward, top prospect, and 1st rounder are worlds apart.

Im not saying its impossible - theres a lot of stupid GM's in this league. But Gaborik is not worth the latter return for several reasons.

Closed Thread