HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Lars Eller is ridiculous WTF -Habs beat Sens 4-3 in SO

Old
03-13-2013, 09:23 PM
Lshap

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marc the Habs Fan View Post
Galchenyuk - Eller - Dumont were by far our best line. Great work by them.

4th line got involved for a change.

Pacioretty - DD - Gally has sort of gone stale.

Some of the bad in this game:

- ANOTHER 2 goal lead blown. I've lost count, but we must be at around 8 now. Contenders just don't blow 2 goal leads at this rate.

- The penalty kill appears to be struggling once more. The Alfredsson goal is unforgivable, you can't allow him that much time and space with seconds left.

- Why are we so awful 4 on 4? We never score and we get scored on way too often. Granted, that was an awful softy allowed by Price on that 4 on 4. Those are the goals he has to stop giving up to be in the top 3-5 among goalies.

- Those 3rd period PPs were not good enough. Yes, they had already scored 2, but at least generate momentum if you aren't going to score.
The only point I disagree with you on is the PP. We had one terrible 2-minutes, but otherwise had some good setups and shots, even when we didn't score.

But yeah... our PK. Part of the problem is symptomatic of a more offensive D, which is focused on quick transition rather than safe transition. All those tick-tack-toe passes out of our end are higher risk plays than we've seen the past few seasons, and we've gotten screwed a few times.

Another thing is we miss Raph Diaz's efficiency more than we know. He rarely makes mistakes and is especially strong and smart in our zone. Hoping to see him back by... April...?

The 4-on-4 issue... really... were we ever dominant in that? We're a depth team, not a roster of individual stars.

On the bright side - Eller is freakin' me out! You can see his confidence tank getting pumped up higher as the season progresses. Wow!

Lshap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Undertakerqc

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toshio View Post
He already is. he's been our 1st shooter in every SO this season.
I mean the three of them should be a fixture: DD, Galchenyuk, Eller.

Undertakerqc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Kriss E

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nedved View Post
I never saw it last year and thought he would be a solid player. Started the year in the exact same manner, was benched, and has gotten better and better.

If he could start finding the net a bit more, my god, what a player the habs have and if he doesn't, he creates so much space and turnovers while playing solid in his own end.

so strong on that puck!
He was scratched after one game. One game in a season that had no exhibition game and only 1 week of training camp. I mean, so many players could have been scratched if we really want to be fair.
I didn't think Eller needed to be scratched, after one game, that was very harsh especially when only 2-3 players had a good first game.

Eller showed sign of dominance last year when he we placed AK on his wings. That's how AK-Eller-Moen had so much success against opponents. This year, he continued his natural development, he got bigger, improved his skills.
He's truly solid. He still should be used more, and he needs a regular spot on the PP, not sure what we're waiting for,

Kriss E is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
SouthernHab

Quote:
Originally Posted by googlymoogly View Post
A perfect future winger for Eller would be Kristo. I have a feeling those two could work magic. Hopefully PG gets Kristo signed and I don't think he will need much time in Hamilton, he should make the jump about as fast as Gallagher has. Eller was definitely the best forward tonight, I could not believe his forechecking and puck stealing he did in the third. I was expecting the police to take him in for theft
Why do you want Kristo playing in Chicago?

SouthernHab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-13-2013, 09:24 PM
StellerEller
Canada's Team

vCash: 100
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigred50 View Post
One good game does not make Eller a superstar - unfortunately.
He needs to play like this every game.
While I agree with you, he is undoubtedly showing progress in his development. The guy is having a great year, at the age where most good NHLers start putting it together. Obviously he still has to put up more games like this to cement his reputation, but so far Eller has been nothing short of great for this team since his benching.

StellerEller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
LeMAD

Eller was awesome tonight, and Subban is unbelievable. He always had great skating, hands, strenght and shot, but right now his creativity and decision making is off the charts.

LeMAD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
905tech
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Et le But View Post
The fact that Plekanec can put up 50 points, more like 60+ with good wingers in extremely difficult minutes means there's no reason to not use him in that role. Eller is good defensively and should be given a two way role himself, but the status quo is working decently, if anything needs to be tweaked it's the wingers and power play.
What you're saying makes sense too.
Get rid of Gionta on the PP. Maybe put Eller or Galchenyuk regularly with him and Ryder might be more effective.

Just can't help but be impressed with this Eller kid.

905tech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Bask
Embellishing User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Gonzo View Post
Did you see what he wrote? Epiphany of diving!

lololol

I think you mean epitome there smart guy.

Man, trolls these days.
should we sign Depatie just to **** with them?

Bask is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-13-2013, 09:25 PM
Kikizaz

Quote:
Originally Posted by googlymoogly View Post
A perfect future winger for Eller would be Kristo. I have a feeling those two could work magic. Hopefully PG gets Kristo signed and I don't think he will need much time in Hamilton, he should make the jump about as fast as Gallagher has. Eller was definitely the best forward tonight, I could not believe his forechecking and puck stealing he did in the third. I was expecting the police to take him in for theft
Did I travel back in time again (MY QUESTION MARK KEY IS BROKEN)

Kikizaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
googlymoogly

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrb1p View Post
You nailed it, Kristo would be beautiful next to Eller. But our GM is MB not PG
Oops can't believe I still have PG on the brain.

googlymoogly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
The Russian General
Go Habs Go

BTW, Therrien's face after the game was epic But I love seeing him congratulate his players. Martin would've been gone in his office as soon as the puck touched Price's blocker.

The Russian General is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
Alexdaman

vCash: 50
I think the people running nhl.com are frustrated leafs fans who have profound hatred of the habs. How the F can they justify having the devils vs philly game as their spotlight and no mention whatsoever of the Ott-MTL game.

Alexdaman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Hugo Sham

**** off with the diving Sen fans. you were only in this game because of two bananas. it must be tough for fans of other teams to understand our speed, skill and team play draws lots of pims

Hugo Sham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
bib
#believe

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigred50 View Post
One good game does not make Eller a superstar - unfortunately.
He needs to play like this every game.
Eller has been great this year considering his lack of PP and ice time.

His ice time has never exceeded 17:59 this season and his on ice average thus far is 14:30.

Average PP TOI per game for Eller: 0:45.

To put that in perspective, Kaberle, Bouillon, Weber average more and the only forwards that average less time on the PP are Prust, Moen, White, Armstrong and Dumont.

bib is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
905tech
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeMAD View Post
Eller was awesome tonight, and Subban is unbelievable. He always had great skating, hands, strenght and shot, but right now his creativity and decision making is off the charts.
Tonight was on off game for Subban tonight.. Still had a goal and an assist.

Kid is going to be awesome.

Old
rockjngo

I've been saying last year Eller could be that #2 big center we've been searching for after his 4 goals game. The difference this year with last year is this year he's bigger and harder to knock off the puck. I expect next year, his contract year, he'll be a dominating top 6 player and our #2 center. He's starting to look like we made a good trade Halak for Eller trade. His size and skills makes him a potential #2 center or at worst a #3 shutdown center. Marc Bergervin said that he won't trade Eller until because he doesn't know what kind of player Eller will be.

rockjngo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-13-2013, 09:26 PM
Swedish playmaker*

Quote:
Originally Posted by nyhabsfan View Post
How can you not get excited about this core.... ELLER, PATCHES, GALLY X 2, SUBBAN, PRICE, DIAZ, EMELIN....and with other potential core players on the way....TINORDI, KRISTO, COLLBERG, BEAULIEU... And even more just starting to make noise...the darkness has definately lifted, great time to be a Habs fan
Dont forget about Markov, doubt there are few teams that wouldnt want him on their D.

Swedish playmaker* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Dekar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bask View Post
"looks like you're scoring tonight Larry"

Someone needs to shop DD's face (and Jokinen's and Niinimaa's and etc...because it would look hilarious) into the square frame she's holding.

Dekar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Dont Poke Subban
Fall is coming

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patofqc View Post
I mean the three of them should be a fixture: DD, Galchenyuk, Eller.
I agree! they're our most skilled SO shooters, not gio, pleks, maxpac. glad therrien realizes that.

Dont Poke Subban is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
PyrettaBlaze*

Guys, we're the epiphany of diving!

PyrettaBlaze* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Mrb1p

Darche is mad at Eller saying he's a third liner this year

Mrb1p is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-13-2013, 09:27 PM
theschwab13

My wife is expecting our child tomorrow, and after tonight's game, I'm talking her into letting us name the child, if it's a boy....Lars. (if not Larry)

theschwab13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
905tech
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alexdaman View Post
I think the people running nhl.com are frustrated leafs fans who have profound hatred of the habs. How the F can they justify having the devils vs philly game as their spotlight and no mention whatsoever of the Ott-MTL game.
That game is huge in the Philly / NYC area. (Probably has more people in that area than the entire country of Canada).

Old
Rick16

Did I hear that well, according to Gaston Therrien Eller is benefiting from Dumont on his right?

Rick16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
905tech
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by theschwab13 View Post
My wife is expecting our child tomorrow, and after tonight's game, I'm talking her into letting us name the child, if it's a boy....Lars. (if not Larry)
LOL! My wife's expecting our 2nd in August. I wonder if she'd consider Lars if it's a boy.