HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Notices

Michel Therrien II

Old
03-13-2013, 10:28 AM
Madam Kadri
Fight, Troll, Score

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mats86 View Post
Adding that kind of talent has to help. There's no way of denying it. An all-star like Markov, Sparkplug like Gallagher or high pick like Galchenyuk.

One thing to remember about Therrein's previous clubs...either the 2002 Habs or 2008 Pens, he never lasted another full season as they hit the wall at one point and he was fired.
Yes, talent helps in scoring, but the coach is responsible for "positioning his chess pieces" with his system.
Without Therrien's system we would be more sloppy on defense and probably wouldn't be as well-positioned as we are now. Rumor had it that the Pittsburgh players were tired of that defensive system. I think we have guys who are more willing to play a two-way game.

Galchenyuk and Markov have quieted down a bit from their torrid start. Gallagher is till producing.

Madam Kadri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-13-2013, 09:15 PM
Habsfan18
Global Moderator
The Future

Just the little things, like smiling and fist bumping the players as they come to the dressing room...it's great to see.

03-13-2013, 09:22 PM
Madam Kadri
Fight, Troll, Score

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habsfan18 View Post
Just the little things, like smiling and fist bumping the players as they come to the dressing room...it's great to see.
Therrien trying to be a player's coach.

Old
03-13-2013, 09:23 PM
Habstract

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prallchengher View Post
Therrien trying to be a player's coach.
........ he is!

Habstract is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-13-2013, 09:29 PM
Fish on The Sand
Untouchable

Quote:
Originally Posted by HTTP 400 Bad Request View Post
Not to give him any praise, but Gauthier tried to assemble a team based on speed and puck control, but Martin never figured how to use it in a coherent and productive system.
Gauthier did nothing of the sort. Gauthier kind of made random moves at random times. Dropping Cammy for Bourque was a loss of speed and puck possession. Failing to bring back Halpern was another loss of possession. The only move that sort of fits that definition was Spacek for Kaberle, but Kaberle has been so unbelievably bad that it was a net-negative.

Fish on The Sand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-18-2013, 12:31 AM
bib
#believe

A coach players want to perform for.

bib is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-18-2013, 08:43 PM
Habblues

As much as I still think Therrien is doing a fantastic job, I am still waiting for MT to clue in and give Galchenyuk some much deserved PP time. I feel he`s the sniper we need on the pp.....Has anyone seen him shoot in warm up ? Looks like he has a nice shot,he`s come soooo close to sniping some sweet goals. I don`t think he`s getting enough icetime to get into a grove....

Habblues is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-18-2013, 10:18 PM
MooseOllini
BobBarker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habblues View Post
As much as I still think Therrien is doing a fantastic job, I am still waiting for MT to clue in and give Galchenyuk some much deserved PP time. I feel he`s the sniper we need on the pp.....Has anyone seen him shoot in warm up ? Looks like he has a nice shot,he`s come soooo close to sniping some sweet goals. I don`t think he`s getting enough icetime to get into a grove....
his time will come for sure.

MooseOllini is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-21-2013, 10:52 AM
Habblues

Quote:
Has anyone seen Galchenyuk shoot on warm up or practice ? I live in NB and haven`t been in montreal this year.....to me he looks like he has amazing hands with a super quick release and a very hard shot......Come on MT give the kid some PP time !

Old
03-21-2013, 10:57 AM
habs03
Subban #Thoroughbred

One of his biggest improvements have been his suits.

Started out with https://www.google.com/search?hl=en&...2F%3B640%3B587

and now is wearing some really nice suits...

habs03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-21-2013, 11:20 AM
Saundies

Quote:
Originally Posted by habs03 View Post
One of his biggest improvements have been his suits.

Started out with https://www.google.com/search?hl=en&...2F%3B640%3B587

and now is wearing some really nice suits...
I love the thing he puts in his front suit pocket... he has nooooo idea how to fold it right. It's supposed to be like triangle at the top and he just folds it into a square. It's awesome and hilarious all in one.

Saundies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-21-2013, 12:51 PM
habs03
Subban #Thoroughbred

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saundies View Post
I love the thing he puts in his front suit pocket... he has nooooo idea how to fold it right. It's supposed to be like triangle at the top and he just folds it into a square. It's awesome and hilarious all in one.
lol

its a handkerchief, but it doesn't always have to be in a triangle, there ways to where it, and having it in a square is one of the ways.

Old
03-24-2013, 11:54 PM
Habblues

Quote:
Originally Posted by habs03 View Post
lol

its a handkerchief, but it doesn't always have to be in a triangle, there ways to where it, and having it in a square is one of the ways.
Seriously ? I ask a serious question to see if Galchenyuk has a great shot in warm up and you guys are talking about his hanky ? LOL

Old
03-25-2013, 08:26 AM
habs03
Subban #Thoroughbred

Quote:
Seriously ? I ask a serious question to see if Galchenyuk has a great shot in warm up and you guys are talking about his hanky ? LOL
I saw someone quote your original post, thought they were replied, but I just noticed you replied to your own post lol.

As for Gally shot, its hard to tell to be honest, I mean see a lot of video of him sniping shots in the CHL, but he has had a hard time getting his shot off when coming off the rush, just because d-men close the gap so much faster in the NHL, but I think in time he will adjust. As for getting more PP time, ya I would like to see that too, specially in games that the habs are leading by 2 or more.

But overall I have no problem with how MT has used him, I wouldn't have liked it, if he missed a whole year of juniors, to be playing 12-13 min a game, but the lockout helped a lot, he got to play a lot of games, and gets a head start on learning things on the NHL.

MT has said that he makes sure Gally is on every PP and PK meeting, even if he isn't on them, because he knows that he is going to be a key part of them going forward.

Old
03-25-2013, 09:31 AM
HiggsBozon
LOLZ, keep hating

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...&v=YUEJeOPni1U

Corsi me a piece of that, Therrien bashers/stats lovers. Now come and tell me emotion/momentum is overrated in hockey.

Impressive scene. And really, really worrying/telling that guys like White and Moen did not react after a speech like this.

HiggsBozon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-26-2013, 03:14 AM
Pr3Va1L

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kingbobert View Post
he's been great
has a great attitude
mind you i dont know how this attitude will change if we go on a skid, but so far he's had the team prepared for the majority of the games.

I think other than the two leafs games, (regardless of midgame collapse and end result), the team has come prepared for every game

my only complains about him are:
1) in game adjustments are lacking or very minimal
2) needs to learn to shorten his bench (had this issue in Pittsburgh as well). Near the end of the game is you need a goal, you sit certain players and doubleshift others.
The way I see it, MT doesn't do changes on the fly, but whenever team finds a way to cheat his system (for ex.: placing wingers wider to get to the board clears ) adjustements are made between periods and that advantage is gone.

Pr3Va1L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-26-2013, 03:47 AM
ECWHSWI
P.K. is perfect.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GFORCE View Post
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...&v=YUEJeOPni1U

Corsi me a piece of that, Therrien bashers/stats lovers. Now come and tell me emotion/momentum is overrated in hockey.

cheezy scene. And really, really worrying/telling that guys like White and Moen did not react after a speech like this.
fixed.

ECWHSWI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-26-2013, 10:06 AM
25get

vCash: 50
Shero recommended MT.

25get is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-26-2013, 03:07 PM
Kimota
Nation of Poutine

Quote:
Originally Posted by ECWHSWI View Post
fixed.
You don't know much about hockey or team spirit, do you?

Kimota is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-26-2013, 03:14 PM
overlords
Global Moderator
Jack Arse

Quote:
Originally Posted by 24get View Post
Do Gm's do that? We should have recommended Cunneyworth for Toronto.

"overlords is one of my favorite people on this entire site." - Hfboards
overlords is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-26-2013, 03:25 PM
ECWHSWI
P.K. is perfect.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kimota View Post
You don't know much about hockey or team spirit, do you?
Cheesiest speech of the year.

ECWHSWI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-26-2013, 03:44 PM
habs03
Subban #Thoroughbred

Quote:
Originally Posted by overlords View Post
I've read that GM do talk and ask advice from time to time, specially with guys they might have a strong relationship with.

I remember reading that Bryan Murray was thinking of hiring Bob Hartley a few years back, and spoke to Gauthier about him (not sure of the connection), but Gauthier didn't speak highly of Hartley.

Old
03-26-2013, 04:28 PM
Madam Kadri
Fight, Troll, Score

Quote:
Too bad Gauthier only has a ghostly form and no physical body when he sings songs such as "Employees that I used to know".

Old
03-26-2013, 04:55 PM
25get

vCash: 50
Quote:
Seems to be Bergevin doing it's due diligence.

25get is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-26-2013, 05:12 PM
E = CH

Quote:
The problem is that Galchenyuk ALWAYS miss the net with his shot. It's quick, nice release and everything but it almost never hits the net.

E = CH is offline   Reply With Quote