HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Nashville Predators
Notices

Trade Thread

Old
03-13-2013, 03:12 PM
deanwormer

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by triggrman View Post
You guys think Poile would like to have that Franson trade back now? Maybe throw Blum in instead of Cody?
Poile might, Trotz wouldn't. I don't think Franson was ever gonna' be able to play adequate D for Trotz.

deanwormer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-13-2013, 03:26 PM
Paranoid Android
ERMAHGERD

Every time I watch Toronto (which isn't much), Franson looks lost and slow out there. Not sure how he's keeping it up. I still think Blum has higher upside, but needs to work through his growing pains, just like Franson had to. He needs to be traded to a team with patience.

Paranoid Android is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-13-2013, 03:52 PM
barrytrotzsneck
Retired Global Mod

Quote:
Originally Posted by token grinder View Post
looks to me like I am adding 40 goals and taking away around 20, so yes, it is a start. It is a better way to go than run with the trade everyone who struggles for a span.
I don't see 40 goals in Sullivan\Kulemin. I think 30 might be more reasonable.

barrytrotzsneck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-13-2013, 04:43 PM
token grinder

Quote:
Originally Posted by OurGocIsAnAwesomeGoc View Post
I don't see 40 goals in Sullivan\Kulemin. I think 30 might be more reasonable.
Kulemin had a 30 goal season on his own. He slumped badly on a bad leafs team. The potential is there and I can still see Sullivan potting 10-15 as well. This of course over 82 games. But we will probably neve know

token grinder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-13-2013, 05:56 PM
Top 6 Spaling

Two Nucks fans offered "A 1st++" and "Booth+Rodin+2nd" for Legwand. If we move him, he could bring a very good haul.

Top 6 Spaling is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-13-2013, 06:27 PM
PredsV82
Snot Doc

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Top 6 Spaling View Post
Two Nucks fans offered "A 1st++" and "Booth+Rodin+2nd" for Legwand. If we move him, he could bring a very good haul.
except he has a NTC....

PredsV82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-13-2013, 06:35 PM
thecloser

If we make moves for forwards I honestly see us going after either Drew Stafford or Mike Cammalleri if Calgary begins a small rebuild. I heard on NHL talk on sirius that Calgary may be moving guys like Iginla (if he wants out), Glencross, Cammy, and JBo or just a few of those 4.

On the other hand I think Stafford would be a good fit and he actually said publicly that he would welcome a trade. Looks like he'd like a change of scenery. And I wouldn't mind adding Cammy, We don't have a true Center and in CGY he's shown he can play C and the wing and he's playing decently well on a bad Calgary team. He could play 1st line minutes as a center or second line center here and possibly flourish, ORRRRR tank, which could happen with anyone we get.

Those are realistic looks I think.

thecloser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-13-2013, 06:46 PM
Byrddog

We could get Stafford for Blum most likley but hes not going to be the answer were looking for. I have seen every Sabres game for a number of years and Stafford is a second liner 20 to 25 goals 50 points salary at 4 mil is about right. Buffalo needs defense and goaltending we could help there d needs.

Byrddog is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-13-2013, 07:35 PM
Soundgarden

vCash: 562
Quote:
Originally Posted by Byrddog View Post
We could get Stafford for Blum most likley but hes not going to be the answer were looking for. I have seen every Sabres game for a number of years and Stafford is a second liner 20 to 25 goals 50 points salary at 4 mil is about right. Buffalo needs defense and goaltending we could help there d needs.
I'd take that deal. While he's still a 50ish scorer like the rest of our forwards the value is great, and Blum, while capable of playing good, is replacable in our system.

Soundgarden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-13-2013, 07:38 PM
Top 6 Spaling

If I had to guess, part of the reason Bartley is up with the big club is so we can see if Blum is replacable.

I fully expect him to be traded, but I wish he wouldn't. I believe in Jon Blum.

Top 6 Spaling is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-13-2013, 07:40 PM
Legionnaire11

If Glencross is available, i'd definitely take him.

Legionnaire11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-13-2013, 07:43 PM
CantbeatzPekka
Weber/Jones/Josi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Byrddog View Post
id do that swap 10x's out of 10. Ive wanted Stafford on this team for a while. Woud be a great addition to our top 9

CantbeatzPekka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-13-2013, 08:42 PM
Firestorm

Quote:
I'm not sure that's exactly a good haul...

Firestorm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-13-2013, 09:43 PM
PredsV82
Snot Doc

Quote:
If I had to guess, part of the reason Bartley is up with the big club is so we can see if Blum is replacable.

I fully expect him to be traded, but I wish he wouldn't. I believe in Jon Blum.
I think Blum will eventually be a player, but you have to give value to get value and if we are looking to trade he is our best chip among players we can afford to lose.

I suspect he gets shopped but in the end Poile the hoarder keeps him...

Old
03-13-2013, 09:49 PM
april

Quote:
Originally Posted by PredsV82 View Post
I think Blum will eventually be a player, but you have to give value to get value and if we are looking to trade he is our best chip among players we can afford to lose.

I suspect he gets shopped but in the end Poile the hoarder keeps him...
I rarely rarely have any faith in Poile, but in this instance, I really hope he does the right thing and trades Blum. I know Blum is young but Poile really has the power to significantly delay or harm his career by scratching him game after game. And with the new CBA and him being on a 2 way contract, I don't think he is eligible for a "conditioning stint" in Mke like Halischuck got...I'm pretty sure he'd have to go through waivers. (can someone verify this for me?)

Bartley has been ok the past 3 games, not a huge sample size but once Gill comes back, and with Eckholm in the queue, we will be just fine on defense. Give Blum a fresh start on a new team, whether through waivers or a trade to get us a forward or something.

april is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-13-2013, 09:59 PM
PredsV82
Snot Doc

Quote:
Originally Posted by april View Post
I rarely rarely have any faith in Poile, but in this instance, I really hope he does the right thing and trades Blum. I know Blum is young but Poile really has the power to significantly delay or harm his career by scratching him game after game. And with the new CBA and him being on a 2 way contract, I don't think he is eligible for a "conditioning stint" in Mke like Halischuck got...I'm pretty sure he'd have to go through waivers. (can someone verify this for me?)

Bartley has been ok the past 3 games, not a huge sample size but once Gill comes back, and with Eckholm in the queue, we will be just fine on defense. Give Blum a fresh start on a new team, whether through waivers or a trade to get us a forward or something.
gotta disagree as it didnt seen to hurt Kevin Klein at all to be treated exactly like Blum is getting now... Klein was waiver exposed so he played only 13 games in all of 07-08 and yet when a spot opened up the following season he had paid attention and nailed that spot down.

If the right trade offer comes along I do think Poile would trade him but I do not think Poile will just dump him for a pick or prospect

I suspect Blum will be given the chance to win Hannan's spot next year when we have a full camp

Old
03-13-2013, 10:03 PM
Paranoid Android
ERMAHGERD

Quote:

Any player can go on a conditioning stint AFAIK. There may be some conditions along with that like recovering from injury or being scratched a lot. I think the player has to agree to the conditioning stint as well. I'm sure he would though.

As for waivers, yea you're right, he is subject to waivers.

Old
03-13-2013, 10:06 PM
april

Quote:
Originally Posted by PredsV82 View Post
gotta disagree as it didnt seen to hurt Kevin Klein at all to be treated exactly like Blum is getting now... Klein was waiver exposed so he played only 13 games in all of 07-08 and yet when a spot opened up the following season he had paid attention and nailed that spot down.
If I recall correctly, Klein's first "real" season with the Preds was that season. Blum spent half of last season with the team, and I think some of the previous season. If someone isnt meshing well with the system here, I'm an advocate of shipping them out and giving them a "new life" elsewhere. Blum isn't making a difference either positively or negatively on the team this year, so he still has some trading stock left at this current point.

Clune wasn't a fit for the Kings, but got a second chance and has been surprisingly successful, in my opinion. If he didnt get that second chance, he probably would have rotted in the AHL.

april is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-13-2013, 10:13 PM
PredsV82
Snot Doc

Quote:
If I recall correctly, Klein's first "real" season with the Preds was that season. Blum spent half of last season with the team, and I think some of the previous season. If someone isnt meshing well with the system here, I'm an advocate of shipping them out and giving them a "new life" elsewhere. Blum isn't making a difference either positively or negatively on the team this year, so he still has some trading stock left at this current point.

Clune wasn't a fit for the Kings, but got a second chance and has been surprisingly successful, in my opinion. If he didnt get that second chance, he probably would have rotted in the AHL.
not really... Klein had some call ups the two seasons prior to the 13 game season, and everyone sort of wondered when he was going to "stick" but he was behind a lot of good guys, just like Blum is now

I agree Blum still has trade value, but knowing Poiles history he will only move Blum if its part of a package for a bigger name... he wont trade him for a pick just to be rid of him or for the "fresh start"... he will only warrant a "fresh start" trade if he's given a full year to try to nail down a top six spot and can't...

Old
03-13-2013, 10:54 PM
thecloser

Glencross wouldn't be a bad addition. I haven't even really given thought about him. He could honestly probably be had for a late pick 3rd or 4th? But would you rather have him then Stafford? I think Stafford could be better here because he has Pommy and Vanek and Ennis to overshadow him. He could be really good here.

I still think Blum is moved due to Bartley being here. I think Barts is gonna be a main stay. Looked really good against EDM, ok vs. MIN, and I thought pretty good vs. DAL.

When are we going to see Ekholm?

Old
03-13-2013, 11:10 PM
Paranoid Android
ERMAHGERD

Quote:
Originally Posted by thecloser View Post
When are we going to see Ekholm?
Probably not until next season at the earliest. It's still early for him especially considering he had to get used to NA ice.

Old
03-13-2013, 11:41 PM
thecloser

With that information I think we should do the following. I know it could be too much movement since were in a lock out season but it could help.

1st move:

TO CGY:
Blum+pick+prospect

TO NSH:
Cammalleri

TO CGY:
3rd or 4th rounder

TO NSH:
Glencross

TO BUF:
SK+late pick(?)

TO NSH:
Stafford

I don't know, just some thoughts I'm throwing out there. I know with Poile all 3 won't happen but one or two could. I know I may get hated on for the Cammy trade but I think he's worth it and could be a good addition.

Old
03-14-2013, 12:04 AM
thecloser

what are y'alls thoughts on Nik Antropov? 2g 10a, may be available. Not saying I want him, just looking for some feedback on this and the previous post.

Old
03-14-2013, 12:16 AM
NoNecksCurse

im of the belief that we are multiple forwards away from being a contender. like whole new first line except wilson away. none of those guys blow me away and if poile is making any moves, i hope its selling some of the aging turd veterans we have a stockpile of. have to be careful or we will be the next calgary flames

NoNecksCurse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-14-2013, 12:25 AM
predfan24

I think we should trade Blum ASAP. IMO the longer we wait the further his trade value will fall.

predfan24 is offline   Reply With Quote