HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Vancouver Canucks
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

GAME #26 - "Giggles' Sway" - Canucks vs. Predators - 7:00 p.m, TSN

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
03-13-2013, 11:58 PM
  #1
Zombotron
WD-58
 
Zombotron's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Cascadia
Country: Canada
Posts: 5,009
vCash: 500
GAME #26 - "Giggles' Sway" - Canucks vs. Predators - 7:00 p.m, TSN

gotta post this one early. i have stuff to do.











Last edited by Zombotron: 03-14-2013 at 08:26 PM.
Zombotron is offline  
Old
03-14-2013, 12:00 AM
  #2
Bgav
We Stylin'
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Vancouver
Country: Canada
Posts: 17,913
vCash: 500
Our leading goal scorer only has 8 ****ing goals

Bgav is offline  
Old
03-14-2013, 12:02 AM
  #3
kmad
Riot Survivor
 
kmad's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: Vancouver
Country: Canada
Posts: 32,788
vCash: 500
Colin Wilson, Patric Hornqvist and Paul Gaustad out tomorrow night for Nashville

kmad is offline  
Old
03-14-2013, 12:02 AM
  #4
Verviticus
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 5,715
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bgav View Post
Our leading goal scorer only has 8 ****ing goals
26 goal pace, definitely a down year, but danny's getting older and hes been good for 30 for a while now

it only takes one good game by danny to push that pace to 35 though. small sample sizes, random events. don't worry too much

Verviticus is offline  
Old
03-14-2013, 12:02 AM
  #5
Eddy Punch Clock
Gold Jerry!!!
 
Eddy Punch Clock's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Chillbillyville
Country: Canada
Posts: 8,292
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bgav View Post
Our leading goal scorer only has 8 ****ing goals
Helps explain the 14.7% on the PP.

Eddy Punch Clock is offline  
Old
03-14-2013, 12:03 AM
  #6
Eddy Punch Clock
Gold Jerry!!!
 
Eddy Punch Clock's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Chillbillyville
Country: Canada
Posts: 8,292
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jagorim Jarg View Post
Colin Wilson, Patric Hornqvist and Paul Gaustad out tomorrow night for Nashville
Oh great.

Next you'll tell me is that we're facing their backup.

Eddy Punch Clock is offline  
Old
03-14-2013, 12:04 AM
  #7
VinnyC
vancity, c-bus, 'peg
 
VinnyC's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: 新香
Country: Canada
Posts: 11,077
vCash: 500
Is AV honestly, honestly going to roll with AA ahead of Ballard?

VinnyC is offline  
Old
03-14-2013, 12:05 AM
  #8
Zombotron
WD-58
 
Zombotron's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Cascadia
Country: Canada
Posts: 5,009
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by VinnyC View Post
Is AV honestly, honestly going to roll with AA ahead of Ballard?
He did it vs. CBJ, he could do it again.

Zombotron is offline  
Old
03-14-2013, 12:11 AM
  #9
Golden Boy
The Spy in Beantown
 
Golden Boy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Currently Undercover
Posts: 560
vCash: 500
I feel so bad for Ballard. Trade the poor guy. He's been classy as **** during his tenure here, and I only want to see him succeed. He has the tools for it now, I think. I think that his time here has developed his defensive game, and if he can find a way to combine his defensive game with his (long lost) offence, I think he can be a decent top 4 defenceman. I really do.

Golden Boy is offline  
Old
03-14-2013, 12:23 AM
  #10
Nuckles
RIP Capgeek
 
Nuckles's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Burger King bathroom
Country: Canada
Posts: 19,144
vCash: 50
If we get more than 2 goals I will be shocked.

__________________

Richer's Ghost made my avatar
Nuckles is offline  
Old
03-14-2013, 12:29 AM
  #11
Reverend Mayhem
Registered Nurse
 
Reverend Mayhem's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Port Coquitlam, BC
Country: Canada
Posts: 20,371
vCash: 500
Send a message via Skype™ to Reverend Mayhem
Quote:
Originally Posted by VinnyC View Post
Is AV honestly, honestly going to roll with AA ahead of Ballard?
Apparently he gives us a better shot of winning than Alberts.

Translation: AV is ****ed in the head

Reverend Mayhem is offline  
Old
03-14-2013, 12:35 AM
  #12
Virtanen2Horvat
BoHorvat53
 
Virtanen2Horvat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Vancouver
Country: Canada
Posts: 7,149
vCash: 647
Quote:
Originally Posted by Promethesis View Post
I feel so bad for Ballard. Trade the poor guy. He's been classy as **** during his tenure here, and I only want to see him succeed. He has the tools for it now, I think. I think that his time here has developed his defensive game, and if he can find a way to combine his defensive game with his (long lost) offence, I think he can be a decent top 4 defenceman. I really do.
If they do trade Ballard they should trade him for Vishnovsky.

Ballard + 3rd round pick for Vishnovsky

Virtanen2Horvat is offline  
Old
03-14-2013, 12:43 AM
  #13
Royal Canuck
Go Jumbo Joe!
 
Royal Canuck's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Victoria, BC
Country: Canada
Posts: 11,274
vCash: 814
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nuckles37 View Post
If we get more than 2 goals I will be shocked.
2 or 3. it's 4, 1 or 0.

__________________

Twitter |HFBoards Contact | Blog
PSN - TBennz
"You're never a loser until you quit trying. " - Mike Ditka
Royal Canuck is offline  
Old
03-14-2013, 12:46 AM
  #14
Anodyne
Registered User
 
Anodyne's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Victoria, BC
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,873
vCash: 500
Burrows and Higgins score in a 2-1 snoozer win. When Ambien can't sleep, it takes the Nashville Predators.

Anodyne is offline  
Old
03-14-2013, 12:47 AM
  #15
Stories Tales Lies
and Exaggerations
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 2,729
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Promethesis View Post
I feel so bad for Ballard. Trade the poor guy. He's been classy as **** during his tenure here, and I only want to see him succeed. He has the tools for it now, I think. I think that his time here has developed his defensive game, and if he can find a way to combine his defensive game with his (long lost) offence, I think he can be a decent top 4 defenceman. I really do.
Agree with your post, but this is an oxymoron

Stories Tales Lies is offline  
Old
03-14-2013, 12:49 AM
  #16
Virtanen2Horvat
BoHorvat53
 
Virtanen2Horvat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Vancouver
Country: Canada
Posts: 7,149
vCash: 647
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anodyne View Post
Burrows and Higgins score in a 2-1 snoozer win. When Ambien can't sleep, it takes the Nashville Predators.
I agree with you on this one. I really hope they can score though maybe 3-1 or 4-2. Don't worry Saturday will be fun. Millionaires jersey and its time to get payback against the Wings.

Virtanen2Horvat is offline  
Old
03-14-2013, 12:54 AM
  #17
Steve Bennett*
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Yes
Posts: 766
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Verviticus View Post
26 goal pace, definitely a down year, but danny's getting older and hes been good for 30 for a while now

it only takes one good game by danny to push that pace to 35 though. small sample sizes, random events. don't worry too much
I wouldn't say it's a down year. Some times the Sedins are streaky and Danny could go on a streak and net 15 goals in 20 games and bump that average up as you said. I'm not worried at all about the Sedins in comparison with some other worries with the team atm.

Steve Bennett* is offline  
Old
03-14-2013, 12:55 AM
  #18
Shareefruck
Registered User
 
Shareefruck's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Vancouver, BC
Country: Canada
Posts: 17,307
vCash: 500
I've been an AV supporter for a while now, but he's killing us with some of these moves. If the team's healthy and struggling, fine, scratch and demote some guys who play poorly.

But Schroeder and Ballard have not played all that poorly for my money, and with Bieksa and Kesler out, and the team struggling, you simply cannot afford to dress inferior guys like Alberts and Ebbett over them in hopes of digging your way out of it. Especially not both at the same time.

Shareefruck is offline  
Old
03-14-2013, 01:15 AM
  #19
Virtanen2Horvat
BoHorvat53
 
Virtanen2Horvat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Vancouver
Country: Canada
Posts: 7,149
vCash: 647
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shareefruck View Post
I've been an AV supporter for a while now, but he's killing us with some of these moves. If the team's healthy and struggling, fine, scratch and demote some guys who play poorly.

But Schroeder and Ballard have not played all that poorly for my money, and with Bieksa and Kesler out, and the team struggling, you simply cannot afford to dress inferior guys like Alberts and Ebbett over them in hopes of digging your way out of it. Especially not both at the same time.
I think the Higgins like should be the second line in my opinion. Overall Booth deserves a promotion with all those power moves he just needs to convert.

Virtanen2Horvat is offline  
Old
03-14-2013, 01:20 AM
  #20
Samzilla
HFBoards Sponsor
 
Samzilla's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Posts: 10,328
vCash: 500
I asked the magic 8 ball about tomorrow's game (ask8ball.net). It said "outlook not so good". Probably just as effective as AV's coin.

Samzilla is online now  
Old
03-14-2013, 01:22 AM
  #21
Barney Gumble
Registered User
 
Barney Gumble's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Posts: 21,138
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eddy Punch Clock View Post
Helps explain the 14.7% on the PP.
Nah, this is the better explanation:



Quote:
Originally Posted by VinnyC View Post
Is AV honestly, honestly going to roll with AA ahead of Ballard?
Shouldn't surprise anything. AV has favourites - as does *any* NHL coach. Some guys can look like complete **** in his own zone but can do no wrong (For **** sakes, he can almost single-handedly cost us a playoff series and still not be in the doghouse while the other can commit one or two mistakes and they're sentenced to purgatory no matter how well they've been playing).

Barney Gumble is offline  
Old
03-14-2013, 01:25 AM
  #22
Virtanen2Horvat
BoHorvat53
 
Virtanen2Horvat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Vancouver
Country: Canada
Posts: 7,149
vCash: 647
Quote:
Originally Posted by Samzilla View Post
I asked the magic 8 ball about tomorrow's game (ask8ball.net). It said "outlook not so good". Probably just as effective as AV's coin.
It said the Canucks will most likely win the cup in 2015.

Virtanen2Horvat is offline  
Old
03-14-2013, 01:41 AM
  #23
LightningBurrows
ThreatLevelMidnight
 
LightningBurrows's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Vancouver BC
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,698
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bgav View Post
Our leading goal scorer only has 8 ****ing goals
To put that in perspective, Stamkos has 20.

LightningBurrows is offline  
Old
03-14-2013, 01:41 AM
  #24
Steve Bennett*
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Yes
Posts: 766
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Barnard Gumble View Post
Shouldn't surprise anything. AV has favourites - as does *any* NHL coach. Some guys can look like complete **** in his own zone but can do no wrong (For **** sakes, he can almost single-handedly cost us a playoff series and still not be in the doghouse while the other can commit one or two mistakes and they're sentenced to purgatory no matter how well they've been playing).
Yeah the boston coach favorites' are Chara, Marchand and other good players, the pittsburgh coach favors Crobsy, Malkin, Neal; AV favors Aaron Rome, Andrew Alberts, Andrew Ebbett, and Lukas Kraijcek!

Steve Bennett* is offline  
Old
03-14-2013, 01:44 AM
  #25
Anodyne
Registered User
 
Anodyne's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Victoria, BC
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,873
vCash: 500
I wouldn't label the Ballard situation as a case of AV playing favourites. Bieksa's right to look disinterested and commit multiple turnovers in a game without being subjected to the treatment Ballard gets for doing as much is an example of playing favourites, and yes, every coach does that. But sitting Ballard over Barker and Alberts, imo, has nothing to do with the latter two and everything to do with the player he just doesn't want on the team.

Anodyne is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:27 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2015 All Rights Reserved.