HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Philadelphia Flyers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Game #28| Mar. 13, 2013| Flyers at Devils | 7:30 p.m. ET

Old
03-13-2013, 10:03 PM
LegionOfDoom91

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBryzKnees View Post
We're in the eye of a S****icane boys. The Flyers are a low s*** system.

Nice Trailer Park Boys reference.

LegionOfDoom91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-13-2013, 10:08 PM
zarley zelepukin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beef Invictus View Post
How many goals were scored against on odd man rushes?
Does the Loktionov goal count? Coburn turned a 2-on-2 into a 2-on-1 by laying out. If so, then two.

zarley zelepukin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
BernieParent

Holmgren has a laundry list of mess-ups, but overall this line-up is far underperforming well below their talent level. I'm on the fence for him taking the fall on this LSSTSNBN.

Laviolette seems like a shadow of himself. No emotion, few timely time-outs, a broken system into which few seem to be buying. He might have to be the paschal lamb, even though I haven't got a clue who would be an improvement. I like the guy, though; maybe shaking up the assistant coaches would be a first step.

I'm being won over to the "amnesty Bryzgalov" camp. Comments that Bryz is the WORST GOALIE EVER!!!!! make me laugh bitterly, and he has had extended flashes (contradiction in terms?) of brilliance this season. But we're seeing mediocrity - or worse - with regularity now for a huge salary/cap hit. Again, I have no magic solution to fill the absence, but it cannot be Leighton. Or Boucher. Or Esche, Niittymaki, Pete Peeters or any else ex-Flyers goaltenders.

Briere has to go, one way or another. No skill, no effort, high cap hit. At this moment (and I'll probably be embarrassed to read this post tomorrow), I don't care if he has a house full of Jerry's kids; it's like he's holding his children hostage from the Flyers' organization. That and the NMC. Sadly, I think if he won't waive his NMC, he will have to be amnestied. I'd try this even before firing Laviolette, to be honest.

Another imminent departure is Meszaros. I have zero hope that he can be a consistently healthy and contributing player on this squad. I know he's just off the IR (and maybe I'm jerking the knee too much), but does anyone else think Meszaros will return to the player for whom this team traded, or hoped they were getting?

Would Timonen agree to be dealt at the deadline, given how awful this season is? Would anyone want him with a $6 million salary next season? This one is against Holmgren, and was a stupid signing that removed an important option towards the TDL.

Rant over.

BernieParent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
SolidSnakeUS

Quote:
Originally Posted by zarley zelepukin View Post
Does the Loktionov goal count? Coburn turned a 2-on-2 into a 2-on-1 by laying out. If so, then two.
Kovy's goal was pretty much a breakaway. I didn't see the 5th goal.

SolidSnakeUS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-13-2013, 10:09 PM
TheBryzKnees

Quote:
Originally Posted by LegionOfDoom91 View Post

Nice Trailer Park Boys reference.
Glad somebody got it. I'm going to need a few drinky poohs after that game.

TheBryzKnees is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-13-2013, 10:09 PM

vCash: 50
We're in a bit of a catch-22 situation with Bryz and how to defend with him in goal. If there's a defenseman or forward back, it'll go in off of a leg, an ass or an arm. If there's no defenseman back it's automatically in.

It's a surprise he gets up to 0.844 to be honest.

1865 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-13-2013, 10:11 PM
zarley zelepukin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Devonator View Post
Well to look at the positive, we still have an excellent young core going forward....if we do finish poorly this season, we have a chance at getting a Jones or MacKinnon or Drouin or Bartov etc etc ....

In the off season, I would have to assume Byrz is gone and rightly so and that means we will have to attempt to get someone like Bernier...

We also possibly have a shot at Perry perhaps...

And a coaching change...I think it is obvious the players are not playing for their coach any longer...

With these changes in mind, we can bounce back quickly...you can be sure that Couts will recover from his slump this year and with some trades and a solid pick in this great draft, we can return to being a solid team...may take a couple of seasons as our young players grow together.

Also, if we can get something for Brierie before the trade deadline, we should go for it...same with Timonen...

Not all is bad folks....regardless of those who think we are in terrible shape, we do have a solid future....

At this point, I would not be displeased if we headed down lower in the standings...we do not have the right team even for a surprise playoff run so their is no point in worrying about that this year....

Lets get a young stud and make some trades and buy outs, and tickety boo...we are back in it....

One must remember, that this is basically the same team that has gone to the finals and conference finals in the last few years.....
How is it all the same team that went to the finals and conference finals? I think there's only 7 players on the team from 2010 and one of them is Michael Leighton.

Old
03-13-2013, 10:11 PM
BernieParent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giroux tha Damaja View Post
Well then I'm an idiot and they're right. Boston can have him.
No problem. Given the collective kick to the oompa-loompas we've taken, I'm thinking of Homer Simpson's quote to Lisa: "What do you say, feeling stupid? I know I am!"

BernieParent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-13-2013, 10:12 PM
zarley zelepukin

Quote:
Originally Posted by SolidSnakeUS View Post
Kovy's goal was pretty much a breakaway. I didn't see the 5th goal.
Yeah I counted Kovy's goal in the two. Also, the Devil's 2nd goal started as a 3 on 2 but Read got back to even it up, and then had the puck go in off his backside.

Old
03-13-2013, 10:14 PM
LegionOfDoom91

I'm little surprised hearing Homer's job might be in jeopardy. Lavi's I'm not surprised because its just the way she goes when it comes to coaches.

Old
03-13-2013, 10:34 PM
PALE PWNR

vCash: 1050
I don't want Homer gone, having a GM that is willing to go balls out is a blessing. So many bad GM's out there, Holmgren is not one of them.

PALE PWNR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-13-2013, 10:35 PM
moosehead81

Quote:
Originally Posted by LegionOfDoom91 View Post
I'm little surprised hearing Homer's job might be in jeopardy. Lavi's I'm not surprised because its just the way she goes when it comes to coaches.
If Holmgren's in trouble, then he was the one who called the Richards-Carter trades and the move for Bryzgalov, to essentially, as they said, change the make-up of the team to probably more Laviolette's and Pronger's liking. And I always was of the opinion it was Snider who initiated these changes.

moosehead81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-13-2013, 10:37 PM
Giroux tha Damaja

Send a message via AIM to Giroux tha Damaja
Quote:
One must remember, that this is basically the same team that has gone to the finals and conference finals in the last few years.....
Wait what!? Do we need to look through the personnel of each team? The top two centers and top pairing are both gone (Pronger, Carle, Richards, Carter). And that's just off the top of my head in a second. Nevermind the important background guys like Betts and Powe.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BernieParent View Post
Another imminent departure is Meszaros. I have zero hope that he can be a consistently healthy and contributing player on this squad. I know he's just off the IR (and maybe I'm jerking the knee too much), but does anyone else think Meszaros will return to the player for whom this team traded, or hoped they were getting?

Would Timonen agree to be dealt at the deadline, given how awful this season is? Would anyone want him with a $6 million salary next season? This one is against Holmgren, and was a stupid signing that removed an important option towards the TDL.
I think the TImonen re-signing is completely defensible. Unless you know for sure you're tanking this year and next, what else are you going to do in Holmgren's spot there. He had no option really. This season is circling the drain as is, with out him here it's already long gone to ****. For sure.

Giroux tha Damaja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-13-2013, 10:44 PM
FlyersFan61290

I doubt homer is in trouble. He's made some really good moves recently and his mistakes are correctable this off-season.

FlyersFan61290 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-13-2013, 10:47 PM
LegionOfDoom91

Quote:
Originally Posted by moosehead81 View Post
If Holmgren's in trouble, then he was the one who called the Richards-Carter trades and the move for Bryzgalov, to essentially, as they said, change the make-up of the team to probably more Laviolette's and Pronger's liking. And I always was of the opinion it was Snider who initiated these changes.
I still think that was Snider's doing. I think Homer will still be here for 1 more year. I was just surprised to hear his name with Lavi's.

Old
03-13-2013, 11:02 PM
Devonator

Quote:
Wait what!? Do we need to look through the personnel of each team? The top two centers and top pairing are both gone (Pronger, Carle, Richards, Carter). And that's just off the top of my head in a second. Nevermind the important background guys like Betts and Powe.
I forgot about losing Pronger...that was a huge blow but we still did fine against the Pens last year in the playoffs....we are not as bad as it seems right now...I think it is more a case of a coaching problem....we have a lot of tremendous young talent....as for Richards and Carter, I would make those trades over and over again....we did very well because of that...we are not struggling because of those trades.

Last edited by MiamiScreamingEagles: 03-13-2013 at 11:08 PM. Reason: Quoted material didn't display properly
Devonator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-13-2013, 11:07 PM
toughfighter83*

at some point there has to be some changes with this fo, it's not working anymore, this team needs a new direction, it's the same old problems even when clarke was here, there has to be a different approach, keeping homer here is not going to solve anything.

toughfighter83* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-13-2013, 11:24 PM
achdumeingute

Quote:
Originally Posted by greenmustang29 View Post
at some point there has to be some changes with this fo, it's not working anymore, this team needs a new direction, it's the same old problems even when clarke was here, there has to be a different approach, keeping homer here is not going to solve anything.
Meh...don't know how much of the problem is Snider.

Holmgren at least drafts EXCELLENT. Hopefully we keep our picks.

achdumeingute is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-13-2013, 11:36 PM
dingbathero
No Jam? How about PB

Keep Homer, Get Rid of Lavi.

Hire counter attack style coach.

dingbathero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-13-2013, 11:45 PM
Giroux tha Damaja

Quote:
I forgot about losing Pronger...that was a huge blow but we still did fine against the Pens last year in the playoffs....we are not as bad as it seems right now...I think it is more a case of a coaching problem....we have a lot of tremendous young talent....as for Richards and Carter, I would make those trades over and over again....we did very well because of that...we are not struggling because of those trades.
I'm not complaining about those trades even a bit. I'm just saying we shouldn't infer too much about what this team is capable of from what that 2010 team did.

Old
03-14-2013, 02:09 AM
Claude28Giroux
praiseG

oh btw it was giroux with the secondary assist on the first goal. Not sure why every box score has hartnell... wtf i need these fantasy points lol

Claude28Giroux is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-14-2013, 03:12 AM
NeoCanuck

Send a message via AIM to NeoCanuck Send a message via MSN to NeoCanuck
Quote:
Originally Posted by Claude28Giroux View Post
oh btw it was giroux with the secondary assist on the first goal. Not sure why every box score has hartnell... wtf i need these fantasy points lol
Just came here to post this. Was confused seeing Hartnell getting that secondary assist.

NeoCanuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-14-2013, 03:40 AM
dookie88

Quote:
I think the TImonen re-signing is completely defensible. Unless you know for sure you're tanking this year and next, what else are you going to do in Holmgren's spot there. He had no option really. This season is circling the drain as is, with out him here it's already long gone to ****. For sure.
How about wait and see how he plays at age 37?
There was absolutely no rush and there is absolutely no chance Timonen would get the same extension today.
If Homer would be willing to pull the plug in two weaks, this non-sense extension probably cost us a first round draft pick in a ****ing deep draft year.
Well done.

dookie88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-14-2013, 04:15 AM
Giroux tha Damaja

Quote:
Originally Posted by dookie88 View Post
How about wait and see how he plays at age 37?
There was absolutely no rush and there is absolutely no chance Timonen would get the same extension today.
If Homer would be willing to pull the plug in two weaks, this non-sense extension probably cost us a first round draft pick in a ****ing deep draft year.
Well done.
He's been really ****ing good at age 37. He's got 19 points in 26 games. You bet he'd get the same extension now...you bananas or what man?

I don't follow your post. Are you suggesting he couldn't be traded as a rental because he re-upped for another year? I don't want him traded anyway if they're going to try to win next season. And if they're not, they diminished his value by resigning him how?

Old
03-14-2013, 07:34 AM
ihatebraydenschenn

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBryzKnees View Post
Glad somebody got it. I'm going to need a few drinky poohs after that game.
You're on a hockey board, someone is bound to get it

ihatebraydenschenn is offline   Reply With Quote