vCash: 950
Quote:
Originally Posted by Force951 View Post
I'm hoping we see something like this:

Ryan-Getzlaf-Palmieri
McMillan-Holland-Selanne
Cogs-Koivu-Winnik
Beleskey-Maroon-Etem
Yeah, that sounds good. Fingers crossed on Palmieri returning (and being in form).

Old
03-13-2013, 05:55 PM
AngelDuck

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Damn Skippy View Post
Beleskey doesn't have to fight with DSP for ice time because he is a far, far better player right now. If DSP gets another call up this season, he'll be fighting with Etem for time.
This. Beleskey is a very good, responsible 4th line wingers who has an edge in the physical game. He also has a hard wrist shot. DSP isn't close to taking over for Beleskey as long as Beleskey keeps playing great. I also really like Etem's speed on the PK, so I think DSP is the odd man out and should be on a plane back to Norfolk when Palmieri/Perry come back. I really have to say I like the way McMillan played, but it's going to come down to Etem vs. McMilland and I think Etem wins.When they both come back....I think Etem should then go back to the AHL. 4th line becomes: Beleskey-Bonino-Maroon...I like that line

RPG
Palmieri-Holland (?)- Selanne
Winnike-Saku-Cogs
Beleskey-Bonino-Maroon

Old
03-13-2013, 06:03 PM
Jesus Teemu

vCash: 50
Holland is the x-factor.

Old
03-14-2013, 05:36 AM

Could Valtteri Filppula be a good player for the 2nd line center role? Apparently he isn't going to resign with the Red Wings.

Old
03-14-2013, 05:43 AM
Fallenity

vCash: 950
Quote:
Originally Posted by 44 View Post
Could Valtteri Filppula be a good player for the 2nd line center role? Apparently he isn't going to resign with the Red Wings.
Where did you hear that?

Old
03-14-2013, 05:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fallenity View Post
Where did you hear that?
http://www.mlive.com/redwings/index....l#incart_river
Quote:
The Red Wings are optimistic they can find common ground with Brunner, but they aren't anywhere close to signing Filppula, who is believed to seeking a contract worth more than $5 million a season.
I don't know what it would take to trade for him though.

Old
03-14-2013, 06:14 AM
mightyquack
Rekordtorschütze!

5m+ a year seems a steep price for Filppula, specially when he's only had one season above 40 points

Old
03-14-2013, 06:31 AM
Exit Dose

I suppose that could be the new market for that sort of player, but five million does seem steep. Usually the signing price is less than the rumored price, though.

Old
03-14-2013, 07:44 AM
The Mighty Duck
#9 all the way...

I would def. prefer Riberio...

Old
03-14-2013, 08:36 AM
quentez
#8 Teemu Legend

Anybody have any idea what value Holland could fetch us in a trade? I know he's still young and unproved, but I have to say I expected a lot more from him than he's shown so far this season.

Getzlaf is all signed up.
Koivu has been phenomenal this season, and I could see him extending for next season.
Bonino continues improving, and with time he could be the perfect defensive oriented 3rd line center.
Rakell is a player that I have found constantly underrated. He's got size, skills and grit, and I project him as a 2nd line center in the future. Probably phased in on the 4th line on a consistent basis next season. BB also seems quite high on him.

Seems all but certain that Perry is leaving us this summer, and I think Holland is our best asset to fetch a decent winger in return.

Old
03-14-2013, 08:40 AM
KelVarnsen
Trade Etem!

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Mighty Duck View Post
I would def. prefer Riberio...
He is a good player but man is he an idiot. I really dont want him on the Ducks.

Old
03-14-2013, 08:47 AM
Exit Dose

Quote:
Originally Posted by quentez View Post
Anybody have any idea what value Holland could fetch us in a trade? I know he's still young and unproved, but I have to say I expected a lot more from him than he's shown so far this season.

Getzlaf is all signed up.
Koivu has been phenomenal this season, and I could see him extending for next season.
Bonino continues improving, and with time he could be the perfect defensive oriented 3rd line center.
Rakell is a player that I have found constantly underrated. He's got size, skills and grit, and I project him as a 2nd line center in the future. Probably phased in on the 4th line on a consistent basis next season. BB also seems quite high on him.

Seems all but certain that Perry is leaving us this summer, and I think Holland is our best asset to fetch a decent winger in return.
Rakell has good potential, but that doesn't make Holland any more expendable.

Old
03-14-2013, 09:26 AM
RPGrizzly

vCash: 942
Quote:
Originally Posted by 44 View Post
Filpulla would be good on the Selanne line. He hasn't regularly played center since 2011, not sure if it was his choice but he would be a better 2C option than someone like Bonino or even Ryan. Teemu will probably put in a good word for his buddy if he hasn't already, I think I remember Teemu saying they train together in the off season and are close friends. He can kill penalties too.

Old
03-14-2013, 10:20 AM
TheJoeMan
In Bob We Trust

Well with Perry out we get a little preview of what life without him will look like. If we play well and win at least 3 of these four I gotta believe Murph will seriously consider trading him.

Old
03-14-2013, 10:27 AM
Finnpin

I'd like Filppula...he can play C and wing and he is fast... plus he is stronger player than you think. During lockout he had injury in Finnish league and looks like he haven't recovered 100% not yet...getting in to the form. Imo if he isn't signed before the trade deadline Wings will trade him.

Old
03-14-2013, 10:49 AM
Nikko*

Quote:
Originally Posted by KelVarnsen View Post
He is a good player but man is he an idiot. I really dont want him on the Ducks.
Agreed. I am sick of Bobby flopping as it is. This would raise our team dives per game average by at least 10.

Old
03-14-2013, 11:28 AM
Kalvinators
Mindholm!!!!

We have officially been jinxed

Now we`ll lost 20 - 25 games in a row
http://www.nhl.com/ice/news.htm?id=6...d=nhl:topheads

Old
03-14-2013, 12:02 PM
Gliff
Nick Bonino

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kalvinators View Post
We have officially been jinxed

Now we`ll lost 20 - 25 games in a row
http://www.nhl.com/ice/news.htm?id=6...d=nhl:topheads
Someone go make a thread on main board saying we are going to have a losing streak to counter jinx the jinx.

Old
03-14-2013, 12:17 PM
Jesus Teemu

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by quentez View Post
I agree that he hasn't done much but sometimes bigger forwards take longer to adjust to the game. Perry and Getzlaf were unusual in that respect due to their skill level. I still think Holland will end up being a player.

Old
03-14-2013, 01:09 PM
Kalvinators
Mindholm!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gliff View Post
Someone go make a thread on main board saying we are going to have a losing streak to counter jinx the jinx.
Nobody cares about us there. Unless it`s an injury to someone or trade speculations

Old
03-14-2013, 01:50 PM
Vinegar Strokes
Grumkin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kalvinators View Post
Nobody cares about us there. Unless it`s an injury to someone or trade speculations
I actually think it's quite amazing how many fans seem to hate the Ducks and have completely bias opinions on anything Duck related. When you see the Perry hit thread, in comparison to the Stoll thread and the Hanzal thread, it's quite interesting. Most people were pretty even keeled in those threads, ranging from minor suspension to slightly dirty. Then you go to the Perry thread and it's ZOMG he should be brought up on murder charges!

Maybe it's just a hate for Perry, but it seems like a lot of Hfboarders hate the Ducks. Maybe it's the remnants of the hate we created when we were actually an edgy team.

I just don't understand why more people don't hate the Kings, if that's the case. I mean, they seem to be constantly towing the line.

Old
03-14-2013, 02:04 PM
airforceones25

If Columbus fades in the coming weeks would love to try and make a play for Brassard or Foligno.

I think Brassard could be had, not so sure about Foligno. Either way I think both of these players would slot in amazingly well with our lineup and help us make a cup run.

Old
03-14-2013, 02:26 PM
Old Man Barking

If Ribiero ever becomes a Duck, I will be furious. He is everything a mature hockey player shouldn't be (as in his personality and antics).

Biggest ******** outside of the likes of Avery.

Old
03-14-2013, 02:26 PM
Old Man Barking

Quote:
Originally Posted by airforceones25 View Post
If Columbus fades in the coming weeks would love to try and make a play for Brassard or Foligno.

I think Brassard could be had, not so sure about Foligno. Either way I think both of these players would slot in amazingly well with our lineup and help us make a cup run.
Brassard has fallen out of favor with the fans it seems and apparently, rightfully so. So, we'd have to hope he changes.

Old
03-14-2013, 02:33 PM
Kalvinators
Mindholm!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by airforceones25 View Post

Dunno how things are going in Columbus, but really?

They both are 25 years old. Pretty young i think.

Closed Thread